I would love to see a review on the Vice Pro Zero

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9 Degree 

3 Wood:  Mizuno GT 180

Hybrids:  Srixon Z H45 19, Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4

Irons:  Adams XTD (Looking to upgrade!)

Wedges:  Kirkland Signature

Putter:  Cleveland Frontline Elevado

Ball: Vice Pro Plus, Taylormade Tp5x, Kirkland 

Push Cart Mafia - Clicgear 4.0  (See more here)

Latest episode of No Putts Given indicated 50 balls will be tested middle of July with results in August.  There may be some reader voting on what balls get included.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It's not a specific ball, but more of a type of test I would like to see added. Because of all the work that MGS has done over the years we're realizing just how important consistency is and just how hard it is for ball manufactures to achieve. I would love to see some testing around that. Does Maxfli's CG Balancing technology make a difference? Does check-go work? If so on both then how much? 

Untitled design-3.png

I started playing Saintnine's U-Pro golf balls during the winter.  They're 2-piece urethane balls and are constantly on sale for under $20 a dozen.

They also have a 3-piece urethane ball called U-Pro Tour, but at $39.99 - I've never tried them.

https://saintnineamerica.com/collections/all-products

I'd be really interested in seeing these two balls tested.

Thanks, -- Peejer

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.5c73aa0e191520c63e4a7567ea08cf4a.pngTour -  image.png.70e0eeb259be4d89842e31955c4a2f83.png
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

image.png

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

I wish there was a "wind test" to see which balls are really effected by winds in excess of 20 MPH. 

I love the MAxfli tour ball but this and the BXS seem to really balloon on windy days for me while the left dot and the CSX seem to "cut through" much better. 

Golf is cool

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but i would love to see how cheaper balls compare to the more expensive balls. Would be useful to see the data showing the difference between a £20 box of balls, compared to a £30 box of balls compared to a £50 box of balls

:callaway-small:, Driver, Mavrik Max 10.5*, Aldila rouge white 60, XS flex

:mizuno-small:, 3 Wood, MX-700, S flex

:callaway-small:, 4 Hybrid, Mavrik Max, S flex

:Sub70: , 5-PW 699 Pro, KBS Tour S flex

:titelist-small:, Wedges, Vokey, 52*, 56*, 60*

:odyssey-small:, Putter, Stroke Lab Black #7

:titleist-small:, Pro V1

10 minutes ago, benb1989 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but i would love to see how cheaper balls compare to the more expensive balls. Would be useful to see the data showing the difference between a £20 box of balls, compared to a £30 box of balls compared to a £50 box of balls

If you looked at the 2021 test theres a decent selection of price range balls that were tested imo.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

23 hours ago, Fred Mitchell said:

If you looked at the 2021 test theres a decent selection of price range balls that were tested imo.

There were alot yes, but I mean balls like Srixon Distance and AD333, Titleist velocity and tru feel, the E6 etc in the Bridgestone range. We all know we are losing out in some ways buying a Srixon Distance (£12) over a Srixon Z Star (£40) but how much of a difference is there, in real numbers? 

:callaway-small:, Driver, Mavrik Max 10.5*, Aldila rouge white 60, XS flex

:mizuno-small:, 3 Wood, MX-700, S flex

:callaway-small:, 4 Hybrid, Mavrik Max, S flex

:Sub70: , 5-PW 699 Pro, KBS Tour S flex

:titelist-small:, Wedges, Vokey, 52*, 56*, 60*

:odyssey-small:, Putter, Stroke Lab Black #7

:titleist-small:, Pro V1

27 minutes ago, benb1989 said:

There were alot yes, but I mean balls like Srixon Distance and AD333, Titleist velocity and tru feel, the E6 etc in the Bridgestone range. We all know we are losing out in some ways buying a Srixon Distance (£12) over a Srixon Z Star (£40) but how much of a difference is there, in real numbers? 

I dont know all the prices I just assumed the prices listed in the article were at least right at the time when it was published and some of those were reasonable I thought. Kirkland is 1/4 the price of Titlist ProV1 , Maxfli/Snell/Mizuno/Vice had balls on the barely over 1/2 the price of ProV1's . Im guessing the Kirkland ball isnt available in England but some of the others must be. Closest I have been to England is Sailing past Gibraltor on a Submarine 40 years ago lol. 

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

49 minutes ago, benb1989 said:

The test was done on eurathane balls only.

I don’t recall the reason for only going that route but I’m sure time and money were the biggest reason.

But one can easily find out the difference on their own in simple on course testing. Use whatever cheaper ball you currently play then pick a ball you want to compare it to and buy that ball then go on the course and play both 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 2 weeks later...

Initial list is out;  MGS will be reaching out for the next 10-11 balls

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Going to be fun to see this as it should be starting sometime soon.

With a few new balls like LAB and PXG having some newer names and contenders will make it interesting!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I'd like to see if Costco worked the bugs out with this year's "more" colorful release of the Kirkland Signature, and a vote for the Wilson Duo which I use as a Winter ball due to visibility (that neon green really stands out against brown fairways), softness, and price.

Edited by thespoon

My absolute favorite thing MGS does!  Really interested to see if there are any unexpected golf balls that test well.  I generally like to see the results and try the various balls based of the test results. 

Gino D’Ambrosio

As a senior golfer with a slow swing speed please include the 2 piece balls that are under $25. Also include the Maxfli straightfli. 

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

Trust golf balls which are knly available through Amazon.com.  Been playing them for a full year now and they perform almost as well as a Premium Titliest or Srixon ball.  Specifically the Bison X.  price is right and I do not lose distance and/or stopping power.

Michael Miami, FL
5.5 USGA index
Cobra Rad Speed 9 degree with smoke HZRDS RDX 6.0 shaft
Tour Edge 15 degree 3 wood with 6.5 HZRDS Smoke shaft
Srixon XZ 16 degree rescue with 6.5 dynaflo shaft

Cobra Amp  #4/5 22 degree rescue

Cobra F9 speedback irons 5-PW

Cleveland CG 46 Degree

Cleveland CBX 50 degree
Wilson Staff SW 54 degree
Rife Enzo blade with Graviry Grip cut to 32"

Maybe a test on the new LA golf ball. Unless it was already done and I missed it. 

Witb= Rogue max LS driver

3wood 5 wood and 7 wood all first gen stealth. 
22 degree pxg hybrid 25 degree pxg hybrid  

6-pw Srixon zx5 mkII irons  traded in pxg 0211 from 4 years ago  

50-54-58 edel wedges with moveable weights  

labgolf putter with upgraded shaft  

thats 15 clubs  needless to say not all come to the course with me  

I agree, LA Golf ball.  wouldn't mind seeing that put through the paces.  If i missed it i apologize

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Definitely want to see the results for the new Snell balls.  Also Vice and Maxfli.

Would also be interesting to see a test doone of the newest iteration of premium balls (Titleist ProV1, Callaway Chromesoft, etc. vs. their prior version.  Would be very interesting to see how much difference have the improvements made?

Driver:  Ping G425 LST 9 degrees, stock shaft regular

Fairway: Ping G425 LST 13.5 degrees, stock shaft regular

Hybrids: Ping G425 19 and 22 degrees, stock shaft regular

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max, Project X  LZ105 5.5; 5-AW

Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 52 degrees, TT Dynamic Gold 115; Cleveland SmartSole 58 degrees, stock shaft

Putter:  Axis1 Rose with FlatCat grip

veteran.gif.ce23e65765944402b155f425df8cdfdb.gif.5b4cd6901ad1d0966d36704e6b4d9e7d.gif

image.png.2c141450bfdc56c40426d9df08a4bb4d.png

image.png.3ce9d749de4445b748c0a563eb19c35b.png

On 2/17/2023 at 7:32 AM, drb1956 said:

Lets get more 2 PIECE, and lower price 3 piece offerings in the mix like some TopFlite, Maxfli, Wilson, all ladies balls, and those that seniors would play. We ALL don't play the TOUR balls! A lot of us for financial reasons play the cheaper 2/3 piece balls on the market. Cally Supersoft for one, but what about Wilson 50 and Triad, or TF Hammer Control and Distance, Srixon Soft Feel, Maxfli Softfli, and Straightfli, and why not the Trifli..Bridgestone E12, and Cally ERC. Any of the DTC 2 piece, and lower priced 3 piece balls too. Matte versions should also be included. Basically anything under $40 should be included, because a LOT OF US play these type of balls! We all don't play ProV1's, because of cost, or we lose too many balls! There are a lot of high cappers here, and we would like to know how our ball performs in your testing.

Yes! Please add Taylor Made Distance plus to this as well as the Kirkland. 

Swing Thought: If you think, you stink

Kinda random on my part but I would love to see a breakout of best high visibility golf balls. Your tour level balls probably won't come in this but us hackers that are 1/2 blind would love to know which high vis are best....haha. 

Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW, Steel, Stiff flex

Driver: Mizuno ST180, Regular Flex, usually play 9.5

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM8  52,56,58

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Mallet

Right Handed

Fishers, Indiana

HDCP: 18

I would say the most recent iterations of the Mizuno RB Tour and RB Tour X.  Those would be at the top of the list for me.  Also probably DTC offerings like Vice and Snell.

Mizuno ST200G driver, Diamana White stiff

Mizuno ST200 Tour Spoon 3 wood, Diamana White stiff

Titleist TSR 7 wood, stiff

Mizuno MP223 irons, 4-GW, Nippon Modus X-stiff

Edison Forged wedges, 55 and 59 degree, KBS Tour stiff

Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s

KIRKLAND V3...need to see some data validating the anecdotal claims that it spins less on driver/longer irons!

Driver - PXG 0311 Gen 6 10.5 w/ Motore X F3 Stiff Shaft

Fairway - PXG 2021 0211 3 Wood Head on 5 Wood Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S Shafts

Hybrid - Callaway Mavrik Pro 4H w/ KBS 80S shaft

Irons - (5-GW) Wilson D9 Forged w/ DG 105 S300

Wedges - 54.12 Vokey Black; 60.08 Vokey Raw

Putter - TM Spider GT w/ slant neck