TESTERS WANTED! ×

Go Lefty!

HighFade

It's embarrassing to admit but I'm a big fan of Mickelson. But it seems that every time he is on the verge of breaking through with a huge win, he finds a way to blow it. Maybe that's why I root for him - unlike Tiger, with Phil it's never a foregone conclusion. More exciting that way, I guess....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

To me Phil seems like he just left his day job, driving a bread truck or something, and showed up in the tournament. That he is an everyday joe who is also a really good golfer. I love rooting for him. He does have an uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It was very disheartening that when Tiger fell, Phil's health took a turn, but any guy who will put on his new Masters Jacket and go to the Krispy Kreme with his daughters is just cool. And then when asked about it he said, he had promised the girls he would take them and "it was a little cool out so I grabbed an old jacket.":D That was as funny as wearing the jacket to Krispy Kreme in the first place.

Then he put on the jacket and watched Arnold, Jack, and Gary tee of to open the tournament. How can you not cheer for him?

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

To me Phil seems like he just left his day job, driving a bread truck or something, and showed up in the tournament. That he is an everyday joe who is also a really good golfer. I love rooting for him. He does have an uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It was very disheartening that when Tiger fell, Phil's health took a turn, but any guy who will put on his new Masters Jacket and go to the Krispy Kreme with his daughters is just cool. And then when asked about it he said, he had promised the girls he would take them and "it was a little cool out so I grabbed an old jacket.":D That was as funny as wearing the jacket to Krispy Kreme in the first place.

Then he put on the jacket and watched Arnold, Jack, and Gary tee of to open the tournament. How can you not cheer for him?

What a great story! And very cool that he made it that early to see the great tee it up. Someday it'll be him and Tiger...

And maybe Bubba Watson. Never saw a shot like that before. Wow! Just, WOW! A very deserving champ!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I have no idea why Bones didn't try harder to convince him to walk back to the tee. Trying to punch that ball out of the bamboo with a toe down wedge was just stupid. Then again, we've done it too and maybe that's why Phil is so endearing. B)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Archived