TESTERS WANTED! ×

Show Us Your On-Course Style

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

Guys...I'm on a mission. Sometimes it feels like a one-man mission, but I'm on it nevertheless. I want to grow the apparel section of MyGolfSpy. I want to know...scratch that (I just did), I wan't to see what my fellow spies are wearing on the golf course.

Me...I tend to play it a little loud. GolfSpy Tim...he's a little like me. Matt...he's probably a bit more conservative (like Rick Santorum with a 9-iron). Maybe you play in cargo shorts and whatever polo you happen to pull out of the closet. My point is we all have our own distinct styles. Show me yours (don't make me pin this topic...I will).

Here's the rules (actually there are no rules, because it's not a contest, but neither was Forum Member of the Month until we announced the first winner). Food for thought right there.

• Post a picture of yourself in whatever you're wearing (if you're shy, crop your head...it doesn't matter to me).
  • Tell us what it is (who made, what's it called, and what color it is). Try and limit it to one or two outfits per post.
  • Come back and post often. Let's make this a BIG...

Don't let me down people. I'm counting on you.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

Getting it started:

AEC_5840.jpg

PUMA Golf Tech Polo: White

PUMA Golf Solid 5-Pocket Pants: Vivid Blue

Mizuno Driver Cap: White

TRUE Linkswear PHX Shoes: Grey/Charcoal/Electric Blue

59 Belt: White w/Custom MGS Buckle

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

• SPY VIP

hollas-10.jpg

hollas-2-8.jpg

Hollas Cord Pant: Black

Hollas Brooklyn Polo: Black

Mizuno Driver Cap: Black

TRUE LInswear: True Tour Blk/White

59 Belt: Black w/MGS Custom Buckle

You put my name in the same sentence with Rick Santorum again and we are going to have real problems. Furthermore, my style is not that conservative. I'm wearing a bright pink belt today. I am not a stranger to white pants.

Most importantly, your loud apparel will not protect you from the beating I would give you on the course.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

kilt 1.jpg Allow me please, from the "Ugliest Dressed Golfer Day" of last years buddy trip for us:

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

kilt 1.jpg Allow me please, from the "Ugliest Dressed Golfer Day" of last years buddy trip for us:

If that was a contest, I sure hope you won.

• SPY VIP

I typically rock the Target golf shirt and whatever shorts I have. Until my golf game gets better, I'm not sure I want to stick out in a crowd :lol:

Post the pics anyway...Target semi-casual is fine too. I dress in the loud stuff to take the attention off of my game. Also...the fabrics do tend to breathe and move better. I've sworn off cotton.

I will have to get some pics of me. I wasn't supposed to see it (my birthday is in a couple weeks), but there was a package on the front step to my wife and it was from Switch Belts and it was also pretty heavy....woohoo. I'm pretty conservative though; I have black, navy, khaki, and white shorts that I cycle between and various colors of shirts, belts, shoes, and hats that I pair them with. Here is a teaser pic of me in my Sunday red at a scramble; I had just gotten done shotgunning three consecutive beers when this pic was taken, hence the goofy look and soaked shirt.

Sunday Red.JPG

Another action photo that I just found, this is from last year sometime, when I put the Krank RHCP head back on.

Me Again.jpg

• SPY VIP

I will have to get some pics of me. I wasn't supposed to see it (my birthday is in a couple weeks), but there was a package on the front step to my wife and it was from Switch Belts and it was also pretty heavy....woohoo. I'm pretty conservative though; I have black, navy, khaki, and white shorts that I cycle between and various colors of shirts, belts, shoes, and hats that I pair them with. Here is a teaser pic of me in my Sunday red at a scramble; I had just gotten done shotgunning three consecutive beers when this pic was taken, hence the goofy look and soaked shirt.

Sunday Red.JPG

Another action photo that I just found, this is from last year sometime, when I put the Krank RHCP head back on.

Me Again.jpg

JBones - You're my hero right now. Granted, I would have liked to see a bit more info (make and model of the clothes), but this is an awesome start. And bonus points for not being a dude in a skirt.

I would have liked to see a bit more info (make and model of the clothes), but this is an awesome start.

I meant to put that on there. Red shirt and black shorts in both pictures (although you can't see them in the first) are Grand Slam (as with 95% of my golfing apparel), the white shirt is a Nike TW collection.

Oh, and the shiny earrings are 1 carat round cut solitaires from Kay Jewlers.

Another "great outfit" to "enjoy" from Sub 70, sorry, at work and it isn't the greatest picture.I call it Burgundy, o, and sporting the new golfing Mohawk!

burgandy outfit.JPG

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

I got fat so I don't dress too flashy anymore... Mostly just dark colored shirts and I wear Adidas, Nike, and Under Armour pants and shirts. FJ jackets. 3rd pic I'm wearing Nike Thermal Sleeves which are the best invention in the world, have two pair in every color.

Kyle.jpg

291733_10150290984323145_89626308144_7855522_2094862_n.jpg

302217_10150325852938145_89626308144_8097508_2064130464_n.jpg

I got fat so I don't dress too flashy anymore... Mostly just dark colored shirts and I wear Adidas, Nike, and Under Armour pants and shirts. FJ jackets. 3rd pic I'm wearing Nike Thermal Sleeves which are the best invention in the world, have two pair in every color.

Love the shoes... Classy.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

(That's me on the left of pic)

Taylormade 2011 Season Opener hat

Adidas Shirt and Shoes

Snake Eyes Golf Shorts

Taylormade Burner 2.0 Driver

And...My Dad.

Being in Florida, my style varies. Never real flashy, but usually color coordinated somehow. A lot of white shirts, especially during summertime, because of the heat/humidity, but I still keep darker colors handy...ALWAYS wear moisture wicking materials though. Have to down here.

Dad n I.jpg

• SPY VIP

Played in a 4 man tournament this past Friday, after the round photo, outfit Sub 70

Now that I like. Yellow is the new awesome.

I love that new Nike shirt your wearing with that totally different looking and feeling material, seen in Golf Galaxy.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

I love that new Nike shirt your wearing with that totally different looking and feeling material, seen in Golf Galaxy.

It is super comfortable and actually breathes fairly well. We will see when see how it does in the 100° heat.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

Keep it up guys. He's the deal...I can't make any promises, but if you all work to contribute, and keep growing this thread, I'll see what I can do to round up some sweet apparel prizes.

• SPY VIP

These just arrived from Ontario today. Call it a preview of some new apparel I'll be wearing on the course.

The first is the Hollas Central Polo (Ebony, White/Scuba Blue) with Jubiliee Short (White/Black/Ebony)

hollasS-1.jpg

The second is the Northern Golf Shirt (ultramarine/ultramarine/light blue). I saw the Ultramarine stuff at the PGA show and absolutely fell in love with it. This half-assed pic doesn't really do it justice. The Northern is paired with the new Five Pant which has a jean style design (and really needs to be ironed). As you can see, these are white, which I love. Hopefully I don't destroy them my first time out (my wife says I'm not designed for white).

hollasS-2.jpg

I've become a huge fan of the Hollas stuff very quickly. It's all lightweight and breathable. When I wear it on the course, people actually comment that I look stylish (and sometimes good). Some of the other stuff I wear...well...I get abused. If you're looking for something trendy that doesn't go overboard, you need to check out Hollas.

• SPY VIP

Here's a shot of me from today:

clothes.JPG

I do like that Nike combo quite a bit.

JohnBarry - I absolutely agree, I need louder, MUCH louder!

And I think the guys who watched me tee off on 10 yesterday only to follow up by hitting into me 2 minutes later would probably agree as well... ;-)

Archived