TESTERS WANTED! ×

Show Us Your On-Course Style

Tony Covey MGS

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

my wife got a pic of me styling at the beach today while relaxing in Todos Santos, Mexico...

tim-beach.jpg

Shirt by Sligo...pants by ugly.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• 2 weeks later...
  • SPY VIP

First off...Shame on You, JohnBarry...you were my guy...the dude who was going to help me keep this thing going. I'm counting on you.

Anyway... I need to travel with a camera man so I get more pics of my on-course style. Instead, I have to hand my wife the camera, play fake golf in my backyard, and hope the pics come out OK. Anyway...

This is the outfit I wore for the Friday night match of my Spring Member/Member:

Pants: Hollas Solid Five Pocket Pants - White (I love white pants...how long I'll be able to keep these clean is a bit of an unknown).

Shirt: Hollas Northern Polo - Ultramarine (Awesome Color!)

Hat: Mizuno Ivy Sports Cap - White

The pants and shirt can be purchased at FairwayStyles.com

Hollas Spring-1.jpg

Hollas Spring-2.jpg

Hollas Spring-3.jpg

Hollas Spring-4.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

westy at trilby tour.jpg

I've taken to Trilby wearing in the last few years (mostly linked to the UK Trilby Tour); always loved the hat side of golf! Panamas, loud wooly hats, infinite number of caps. In fact if the weather wasn't so awful at the moment I might go and dig out a panama.

favoured manufacturers of clothing at the moment are Stromberg, Bunker Mentality and some of the less orange Puma gear.

Mind you I miss the days of Faldo collection Pringle; ooo that was tasty.

Westy

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

• SPY VIP

The Trilby is a classic. I'd definitely wear one...I just haven't found one I really like.

PUMA had a couple of great ones a couple years back, but I didn't pull the trigger.

I'll be posting up my tournament gear for this weekend. I'm going loud Saturday, but I'll be in my traditional tournament Sunday red.

I might change it up Sunday though, because my girls got me some more Switch Belts for Fathers Day (saw the package at the door Friday) and I might have to work around whatever colors they got.

Its good to see I'm not alone in my love of golf clothing, we're a conservative bunch in the uk mainly and it doesn't take much to stand out. I've been taking a sneaky peak at the Stromberg Plus 2's recently, but our summer is cr#pping out even more than normal so not sure theres much point (waterproofs and crash helmet the order of day - course was closed due to danger of falling trees last week!)

For me I will always be willing to splash the cash quickly on clothes, shoes and hats - purchasing a club may take me months, I like to be sure!

Has anyone seen any of the major companies making Panamas this year?

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

• 2 months later...
  • SPY VIP

c'mon guys...let's revive this thing.

One of the things I love about golf attire is that it translates well to one of my other passions; thoroughbred horse racing. I haven't had much in the way of opportunity to spend any time at this year's Saratoga meet, but my wife and I did take my daughter to her first Breakfast at the Track on Sunday.

I went for the Hollas 5 Pocket Pants (white) paired with the Hollas Central Golf Shirt (ebony/white/scuba blue). I love the pants...they have structure with a little stretch. The same is true of the Hollas polos which are among my favorites.

As always, I'm wearing the MyGolfSpy Buckle (59 belts - available in our store) and the Mizuno Ivy Cap (black).

My in-laws will be in town next weekend. My father-in-law is a track rat, so I'll finally get to spend some time there...just in time for the season to end.

track-1-3.jpg

• SPY VIP

I'll be posting up my tournament gear for this weekend. I'm going loud Saturday, but I'll be in my traditional tournament Sunday red.

I might change it up Sunday though, because my girls got me some more Switch Belts for Fathers Day (saw the package at the door Friday) and I might have to work around whatever colors they got.

Still waiting...

Still waiting...

I have a few pictures to add, after I get them off my phone. I also have six colors of SwitchBelts now, so I have some pretty pimp outfits.

It's probably a good thing we don't live close to each other, because my two favorite "hobbies" are golf and horse racing. Is that at Saratoga? Did I tell you about the Super I hit at Saratoga last summer, that led to me getting some new clubs? We were at Ellis Park and I liked a couple horses in a race at Saratoga; the two I liked went off at 10-1 and 23-1, I paired them with a 35-1 and the 4-1 favorite in the 4th spot on a $2 straight Super. I hit it for $3600, most of it went to the wife, but I did get a new driver, wedges, and a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle bourbon out of the deal.

• SPY VIP

I have a few pictures to add, after I get them off my phone. I also have six colors of SwitchBelts now, so I have some pretty pimp outfits.

It's probably a good thing we don't live close to each other, because my two favorite "hobbies" are golf and horse racing. Is that at Saratoga? Did I tell you about the Super I hit at Saratoga last summer, that led to me getting some new clubs? We were at Ellis Park and I liked a couple horses in a race at Saratoga; the two I liked went off at 10-1 and 23-1, I paired them with a 35-1 and the 4-1 favorite in the 4th spot on a $2 straight Super. I hit it for $3600, most of it went to the wife, but I did get a new driver, wedges, and a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle bourbon out of the deal.

That is the Saratoga track in the background. I'm only about 12 minutes from the track, and my sister in laws parents backyard borders Oklahoma (the Saratoga training track). It's a great place to be in the summer. If you can't be here, winning big from Indiana isn't half bad.

First time I've seen this... I'll have to try and get some pics up of my Travis Mathew stuff, Sligo, Sub70 and such. Never taken pics or a camera to the course with me.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Took my daughter to the par 3 for the first time ever. She was probably the most excited I have ever seen her and she was perfect (other than walking through my line a couple times and throwing a brand new Penta into the pond at a snapping turtle, because "it was going to bite off her fingers"). Like her putter cover?

photo (1).JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I wore to my tourney yesterday. I don't know if you can tell from the angle of the pic, but I have HUGE balls, considering I live in the heart of Colts country.

photo (2).JPG

Nice. Hopefully your performance was similar to that of the team you were supporting.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Nice. Hopefully your performance was similar to that of the team you were supporting.

My performance was equivalent to the offenses performance over the first half of the 1st quarter.........pathetic. Luckily they got it back on track; I did not.

My wife had our girls all dolled up for the game too.

Girls.jpg

Here is what I wore to my tourney yesterday. I don't know if you can tell from the angle of the pic, but I have HUGE balls, considering I live in the heart of Colts country.

photo (2).JPG

:lol:From this angle it looks like you are wearing an orange cape.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Archived