TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mitsubishi Fubuki Tour vs Alpha shaft

jonyim

The Tour has the profile of a Whiteboard with a much more active tip section and more troque built in. Mid/high flight, mid spin.

The Alpha is like a Kai'li for stronger players. It's not as stiff in the butt as the Kai'li but stiffer in the mid section with about the same tip. Needs more power flex to flex then the Kai'li to function. Fair bit of a lower flight then the Tour with lower spin as well. Doesn't feel quite so lively as the Tour.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

The Tour has the profile of a Whiteboard with a much more active tip section and more troque built in. Mid/high flight, mid spin.

The Alpha is like a Kai'li for stronger players. It's not as stiff in the butt as the Kai'li but stiffer in the mid section with about the same tip. Needs more power flex to flex then the Kai'li to function. Fair bit of a lower flight then the Tour with lower spin as well. Doesn't feel quite so lively as the Tour.

I don't notice any different feel-wise, but I can tell you Tuna has nailed the ball flight characteristics of the Fubuki Alpha. If you manage to nail one on a fairway that has dried out, you will be in uncharted territory with your second shot. Unfortunately, while said uncharted territory is quite nice when you are in the short grass, it also may introduce you to trees, bunkers, and other interesting places you may not have paid a lot of attention to in the past.

Bingo, I hated all of the 'Fubuki' shafts that I have tried, tip feels sloppy to me talked about this over in the Adams Speedline Fast 12 LS review that I wrote. I tried the 'Alpha' in the Adams Speedline 9064LS (might have been the beta can't recall) but really wasn't a fan of it either. I haven't found anything in the line up that matches the WB as their new replacement for the WB.

I went with a different company after I exploded the 2nd WB shaft tip after playing, both times it was from compromising the matrix of the tip with heat. The 2nd shaft just got pulled too many times the first time the builder screwed up, not the one I use now this was 4 years ago now just went to Golf Galaxy to have it pulled and re installed, blew up the tip after 5 range balls off the head lol.

I find the WB to be best shaft I have tried in the line thus far, but haven't really tried many of the new stuff they have out.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

JMiller: It's not much of alimb to go on to say the Fubuki line isn't for you heh.

FWIW, and again this shaft won't really fit you, but I'm in love with the new Kuro Kage line they've done. It doesn't suit the really aggressive guys or the super high swing speeds but for those of us in the average to above average range with a even to slightly gast tempo these things are money. I've redone 2 hybrids with them, with 2 more hybrids to come. I'm also hunting for a Cally adapter so I can stick one in the Razr fit as well.

They (MRC) has packed a rather impressive amount of performance into what is essentially their "budget" (comparatively anyways) line of shafts.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• 2 weeks later...

Which flex in the Fubuki Tour would suit me? Driver swing speed is between 102-105 mph. Stiff flex or X-Stiff flex? Comments and feedback please.

at low 100s u dont need an X flex. u can try the R flex also u dont have to put so much work into it

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

Archived