Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

PingManKMB Bag for 2010

Hello everyone! I'm new to MGS, so bear with me! :huh:

Here's what I've got cookin' for now:

Driver: PING i15, 9.5*, UST AXIVCORE "Red", Tour-S flex.

Fairway: PING G5, 15*, ALDILA NV GREEN 75 gram, Stiff.

Hybrid: PING G5, 19*, ALDILA NV GREEN 85 gram, Stiff.

Irons: PING i5, 4-GW, Green Dot, +1/2" length, CS-LITE, Stiff.

Wedges: PING Tour-W, Black NI Finish, 54/8 & 58/10, Green Dot, +1/2" length, Dynamic Gold S300.

Putter: PING Redwood (Zing), Black Dot, 34" length. *** Putter color code is Black Dot, but I had it bent a little flat 1.5* or so***

Grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet (logo down)

Ball: Back and forth between Pro-V1 and Bridgestone B330S

Bag: PING Latitude V2

(If I had the cash I would invest in the i15 irons. For now, my i5 will just have to do!)

DSC01357.jpg

DSC01358.jpg

DSC01359.jpg

DSC01360.jpg

DSC01362.jpg

DSC01364.jpg

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great. Its nice to see you love Ping. Have you tried other brands and your Pings beat them or are you just so loyal you stick with Ping? I love my Ping irons. Haven't gamed a set other than Ping. I can't wait to see the new Ping S series. Going to be tough to beat our my S59s.

Welcome BTW. Hope you have a good time here.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Funky...

Yes I have played MANY MANY other things besides PING before finally realizing they just are right for me. When I was playing high school golf I was tinkering with equipment all the time... I played Callaway, Titleist, Mizuno, Cleveland before finally landing on the i3 irons when they were introduced. From that point forward, I was hooked! I can't see myself switching unless something really, REALLY inviting came down the pipeline.

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Thats good to hear. I have seen people jumping on the Ping bandwagon and being closed minded that they won't even try other stuff... My first was a set of BeNi ISIs. I have quite a few Ping putters that will never leave my collection. I switched to a Byron when I got tired of the gobs of lead tape on my Ping putters...

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

It probably all just goes back to when I was a child and my Grandpa gave me my first set of clubs to teach me how to play... Ping EYE. LOL. I have come full circle.

I have hit a few Ping Eyes. A lot different than whats out there now. Are you resizing photos? Because I saw you had some up at one time.

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

yes i am.... they were too big and got all weird when i attached. i will get them up at some point soon.

I have hit the i15 irons (I work at a Golf Galaxy store so I have pretty much hit them all)... I LOVE the looks and feel of the new i15... Just not sure if I want to spend the $800 quite yet.

Your i5s work just fine. Don't be swayed by new clubs. Fight the temptations.

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

i am interested to see what the Anser Forged irons look like when PING (supposedly) introduces them... Anyone know a suspected release date?

Grinds are on the wedges are stock. I ordered them from PING obviously with the green dot and xtra length and S300 shafts... I have had good success with the older Tour wedges that i played before these with the stock grinds. If i start to have any issues, I will reconsider and send back for work to be done. I'm not too worried. Ordered the wedges this winter when i purchased my i15 driver as well.

i am interested to see what the Anser Forged irons look like when PING (supposedly) introduces them... Anyone know a suspected release date?

Word on the street is sometime this fall in the US, but don't ask a Ping Rep about it... they are not allowed to say.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Your i5s work just fine. Don't be swayed by new clubs. Fight the temptations.

Agreed. The i5's are one of the best irons Ping has ever made.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Word on the street is sometime this fall in the US, but don't ask a Ping Rep about it... they are not allowed to say.

If he wants them sooner then the Japanese models can be had from TourSpecGolf but expect to pay some $$$ for them. ;)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I love the Redwood. I was torn between the Anser or the Zing, and just like the look and feel of the Zing a little more. Upgrade from my old Cameron Pro Platinum.

I love the Redwood. I was torn between the Anser or the Zing, and just like the look and feel of the Zing a little more. Upgrade from my old Cameron Pro Platinum.

Nice. I ask because when I got my Scotty the Redwood was the other finalist. I went with the Scotty because I got a gift card so I could justify the extra $50.

Pro platinum's are one of my fave scott cameron creations.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Me too, though they are a little tough to find. I see Red X's all the time, same with Studio Style's, but Pro Platinums are a little tougher.

Me too, though they are a little tough to find. I see Red X's all the time, same with Studio Style's, but Pro Platinums are a little tougher.

I have a "modified" PP floating around here somewhere. If I ever find it, I'll post some pics in the putter thread.

Really good looking bag of kit there!

What handicap do you play off? Did you try both the i15 and the G15? Any specifics as to why you went for the i15?

When looking for the new driver, I looked at the G15, i15 and the Rapture V2... (I was upgrading from the G5, also with the ALDILA NV GREEN like I have in my fairway/hybrid still)... The G15, although the same head size as both the other two drivers, seemed a little too "clunky" for me. I really like the Rapture head, but what really put me over the top and deciding on the i15 is how it does sit a bit open... My normal driver flight is a high draw, and if i tend to miss I will overcook one and hook it. With the open face on the i15, I feel like I can really go after one and not worry about snap hooking it into the trees anymore.

This will be my first full season with the club (obviously since they introduced it late fall/early winter).... Looking forward what she can do! Plus.... The all black look is SEXY.

I LOVED my Scotty pro platinum... But the finish was getting worn and rather than sending it to get refinished I decided that since I'm playing all else PING, I should give the Redwood a shot. In the next couple days I NEED to ditch that awful stock Winn Redwood grip.... Going to regrip with the PING "Blackout" instead.

I like iomics a little more than the ping man.

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

I like iomics a little more than the ping man.

I don't know if I can justify spending 18 bucks or whatever on a putter grip. I'm picky, but NOT THAT picky!

They do look nice though! I actually put one on for a high school kid's putter this evening at work. It was the white one so I'm sure that'll get dirty in a matter of oh..... say, tomorrow?

My pink one gets dirty to. But they feel good and they will last a lot longer than rubber grips. I wish I could put one on my driver.

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

Archived