TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bridgestone Balls Review

GolfSpy WD

Good stuff wd. I use Bstone balls with pride. Best on the market.

That's pretty much what I figured some people would say and nothing I've seen so far would argue that these aren't at least as good as other top end balls. They perform great, but between some of the best balls, it's all personal preference.

I forgot to add one thing and I've updated Part 3 to include it. The durability of these balls is fantastic. After 18 holes, they still look like new.

I played an RX for 100 holes straight once. It looked (probably not exaggerating) like it hit a dozen trees five cart paths and got shredded by 50 wedge shots. But it was all held together and still played like one does right out of the box. Undoubtedly the most durable urethane ball I've ever used.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

I played an RX for 100 holes straight once. It looked (probably not exaggerating) like it hit a dozen trees five cart paths and got shredded by 50 wedge shots. But it was all held together and still played like one does right out of the box. Undoubtedly the most durable urethane ball I've ever used.

For some reason I can't seem to keep a ball longer than 18 holes, but for those of you who can, I can totally see this being true. If I can manage to keep a ball for 18 straight, I'll post some before and after to show the difference. Most people will swear I never hit the ball, but my wedges do bite decently hard since I spin GW and up back a few feet.

Yep, their "on-line" ball fitting is certainly not based on hardened facts/numbers such as those that a fitter would take into consideration when fitting someone.

And I would guess that when in doubt, it defalts to the Tour ball lines. That wouldn't be because of price, would it? Nah, no way..lol

Just a thought.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I think a lot of people found it was suggesting the e6 to them. Basically, it chooses the price point based on the current ball you play, so if you play urethane, you're going to get one of the B330 series balls. Anything in the middle you'll get an e-series.

But yeah, the whole online ball fitting, or any online static fitting, doesn't work too great. I do like their actual fittings where the "fitter" does look over different aspects of your swing to determine which ball to use. It's still very formulaic, but that's probably a good thing since there's no way they can hire that many good fitters.

I've never tried Srixon, how are they?

I genuinely like the Srixon Z-Stars. They go like mad and stop really well. Much like others here, I tend not to play them on courses that have significant 'hazard' space. On a wide open course, I'll grip and rip $4 balls, but if it's tight, I find that I prefer the Q-Stars (which are currently my 1st choice ball when I can find them on the cheap). The Bridgestone is still my second choice ball, but the B-330's are a little expensive and I really don't find the e6 (what the recommendation tool pushes me towards when I add the 'is a cheap bastard' option to the fitting options) to be as good a ball as the Q-Star or NXT at the same price point.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I actually got the E6 recently, and played my first round with them yesterday. Unfortunately they were no match for my hybrid hooking off the tee.

I've been practising my putting indoors with these for a while, and they felt better off the putter than I thought they would. As for on course, I wasn't actually thinking about the ball much. I hit some good shots, and some not-very-good-at-all shots as well. I didn't really notice the ball, and its performance. Maybe not noticing the ball is a good thing...

Richard, I don't fall into those specs, so can't help you out with that.

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

I pulled a one hit wonder yellow E6 out of one of the canals at my local course a couple weeks ago. Last Sunday, I played it and found that it was similar in distance and greens roll as the Diable Tours I have been gaming all summer.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Thanx, and BTW, has anyone played the 330-S(my current ball) and the e6? What did ya think? I only ask because there are some great deals on the e6.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

The e6 is a fine ball for 90% of the golfers in the world, and if you don't play an approach shot with good back spin, I would argue that the 330 is overkill for your game. In addition, we are quickly approaching the time of year where you could be playing with race tire rubber coverd balls and they wouldn't check up. As the cool season approaches, I always step back to the cheaper non-urethane balls, because the playability difference really gets marginalized in colder conditions. Urethane tends to lose it's 'soft' feel at about 45-50 degrees IMO. When you get down in the 30's (yes, I play all year and will frequently tee off as soon as the grounds crew will let us on frosty mornings), you may as well be playing a $9 a box Pinnacle 'Distance' rock for all the bite you will get on the greens.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Hey all,

I had reached out to multiple companies a few years ago when intially taking over as head coach of my alma mater. Bridgestone was the only company that gave me the time of day so I made the switch for persoanlly and for my team (prior we used PROV1). I buy the fix which is a great ball for my kids who don't play as mcuh (and cheap at the discounted high school rate) actually ahnded them out at an outing and some lower digit handis were asking about them ebacus eyou really don't see them advertised or in stores....

Anyway, I went to Golf Galaxy to get a ballfitting and while the people there couldn't be nicer they hadn't a clue. they fit me for the B-330 when i topped out at 102 MPH with my driver speed and after I bought a dozen balls (like hitting rocks when you can't compress them) I went back to the well. I went online and came to the B330-s which is a better ball for me but based on swing speed I still didn't fit the "bridgestone" advertisement. so I tried all the RX RXS . after playing the RXS for at least a year i relized the RX is the ball for me. I spin it consistently have greater distances with irons and drivers (4-7 yards max) and the spin is much less. overall bridgestone makes a great ball but just make sure you go get the fitting for it or do a trial and error like I have....OH BTW I have recently put this next to the PRO V1X and while slightly similar there are little nuances.

the PRO V1 spun a little more with hybrids and longer irons while they were the same with wedges. The driver with the RX was a little further again 4-7 yards sifting through the mishits.

Thanx, and BTW, has anyone played the 330-S(my current ball) and the e6? What did ya think? I only ask because there are some great deals on the e6.

Long and not very bendy. They feel plenty hard and kill spin like it's going out of style to really keep the slice/hook down to minimal levels. If you like the work the ball, well, I'd love to see the first couple of attempts with these heh.

That being said, this is my favorite scramble ball. Keeps the ball in play in front of you and is nice to putt with (especially with gushy insert putters that some people like).

Anyway, I went to Golf Galaxy to get a ballfitting and while the people there couldn't be nicer they hadn't a clue. they fit me for the B-330 when i topped out at 102 MPH with my driver speed and after I bought a dozen balls (like hitting rocks when you can't compress them) I went back to the well.

I just want to touch breifly on this. I'm glad you found one you like!

The speed info from Bridgestone is just a recommendation though. When you talk to a number of their ball fitters they will usually mention it. For example when I did their recommendation even those by swing speed I'd fit the RX, when we did the actual results the 330s ended up being far better.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Other than in the fall and early spring you will be very disappointed with the e6 Richard. With all due respect Dru the difference in spin between proline balls and 2 piecers into the green on full shots isn't actually all that great - it's the stuff around the green - the part shots where the proof is in the pudding - look at Richard's handicap - he knows how to control his ball - you'd be taking a large part of his game away from him with an e6. Having lived up North most of my life I would certainly agree that it is a good choice for late season golf but not for any other time of the year.

I've tried it - it's a good mid-level ball but if you rely on or are trying to learn a short game that includes being able to spin the ball it's not for you.

The B330-S is a great ball - I was a bit longer with the RX and so that's what I went with but in the past I've used the 330-S with great results.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived