TESTERS WANTED! ×

ULTIMATE REVIEW! – Adams Speedline Fast 10 Driver

GolfSpy_X

Great write up. Wish I could have gotten in on the testing. Can't wait for more.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

• SPY VIP

That is perfect. Buy far the best review system, period. Difference in swing weight was amazing, as were the numbers for the testers.

Thanks MGS. Solid.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

If possible, could swing speed be included in the future?

I went back and looked again but I may have missed it. Including it as a column in the data table would be helpful to see how my swing would compare.

Volvo Intorqueo

I expected the reviews to be excellent based on reading about your testing procedures, and this has fulfilled my expectations and then some. I love the focus on objective data with a splash of subjectivity (looks, feel, sound). I can't wait to see more reviews and some head to head tests.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

FANTASTIC!!!! this will get printed and posted in the shop.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

I went back and looked again but I may have missed it. Including it as a column in the data table would be helpful to see how my swing would compare.

The version of the aboutGolf software installed on the Tark's simulators don't calculate swing speed (it actually makes sense based on how the 3 camera system works). That said, we think it something that would be reasonably easy to include (there are other ways). Although I think ball speed is the single most important number we get, swing speed is a great way to compare your swing to one of our testers. In future reviews I'll also include a brief description of the tempo of each golfer.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

very very well done!! Here is one suggestion though if possible. Can you measure the swingweight and the length of the old driver versus the new driver? There were some significant increases in ball speeds probably due to the length of the adams. I am not discounting their speedline technology in the least as i bet it could have contributed as well. I am thinking this is another one of those objective testing things you might want to add.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

Hey Sac, to get a rough estimate of what the testers swing speed was you can take their ballspeed/1.45 which is "theoretically perfect" contact as far as a smash factor goes.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

Wow, what a great review. The length scares me to death though considering my driver is by far the weakest club in my bag.

Same here. I'd be cutting off over 2 inches to get it down to my preferred length and then I'd need to get the swingweight back up.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

The version of the aboutGolf software installed on the Tark's simulators don't calculate swing speed (it actually makes sense based on how the 3 camera system works). That said, we think it something that would be reasonably easy to include (there are other ways). Although I think ball speed is the single most important number we get, swing speed is a great way to compare your swing to one of our testers. In future reviews I'll also include a brief description of the tempo of each golfer.

Hey Sac, to get a rough estimate of what the testers swing speed was you can take their ballspeed/1.45 which is "theoretically perfect" contact as far as a smash factor goes.

Thanks guys that is very helpful. Even if math is involved. :)

Volvo Intorqueo

For the Speedline review, Swingspeed is quite relevant, considering the advertising.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Archived