TESTERS WANTED! ×

SeeMore Golf Training Board - putting stroke mechanics.

First: credit and thx to @cnosil for posting a pic of this elsewhere - saw it, Googled it, bought it - love it!

* Please Note:
This training aid is designed to help you with what they call a "natural arc" putting stroke .. not SBST.

OK so I know from teaching pros in the past and from the old Ping putting app that I have a slight-to-moderate arc putting stroke; that's what feels "right" to me so that's what I go with. I also know from my many misses 😝 but from both the ExPutt putting simulator and the Blast Motion golf sensor that I have a lot of extra face rotation in my stroke .. so I'm not always returning the face to dead square at impact.

When I saw the pic of this it was definitely an "Ah-ha!" moment - this looks like exactly what I need to literally help me visualize, and work on, a consistent putting stroke...

seemore golf putting training board
(click pic to enlarge) (..and yes I'm into training aids!)

..and that helps me learn to see and to keep the putter face square to the path. Only two brief practice sessions so far and I'm already seeing some improvement!

As you can see in the pic the central dashed straight line is your putting target line, while the solid curving green line is the putterhead path. The ball is resting on a shallow dimple in the board, just enough to hold the ball - you can see a second one on the right side of the center blue line so this same board can be used by LHers. The other hash marks - perpendicular to the green curved line / putter path - are for gauging distance and also for checkpoints to see if your putter face is staying square to your path! 👍

I generally like to putt with an even stroke .. ie. approx same distance back and through .. so for me, on about a 7 1/2 foot putt on my basement mat, the yellow to yellow lines (at the tips of the center triangles) are just about perfect. Now you may be thinking .. and you're right .. well that means he's watching the putterhead throughout the stroke and not focusing solely on the ball - and you'd be right - but remember this is practice, and mechanics practice to work on grooving a stroke at that.

So this is their "board" which is approx 29 3/4" long x 6 3/4" wide, and it's about 1/8" thick .. so yeah the ball may slightly deviate rolling off the end but seems like it'd be a very minor (gonna call it negligible for me) effect. They also have a mat version which can be rolled up and carried around; but the board seems compact enough to me to be able to take to the practice green and not have to worry about getting it laid out perfectly smoothly.

At $30 this putting training aid is way worth it, IMO, and considering the cost of most golf aids a relative bargain.

-- training board product page...
-- https://store.seemore.com/accessories/training/training-board-spi.html

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg