Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Favorite golf app?

Hello everyone! With the the golf season getting underway, I was curious to see what everyone’s favorite golf app is? On course, off course, practice app, anything golf related. Hoping this thread can introduce new apps to help improve everyone’s game! Hope everyone has a blessed day 👊🏼

29 minutes ago, acatalano32 said:

Hello everyone! With the the golf season getting underway, I was curious to see what everyone’s favorite golf app is? On course, off course, practice app, anything golf related. Hoping this thread can introduce new apps to help improve everyone’s game! Hope everyone has a blessed day 👊🏼

Not a big golf app person for on course since I find them too distracting.   Off course would be DECADE for strategy and ShotScope for performance.    DECADE does have some practice aspects,  but they started after my subscription ran out so I don't use them.   

@acatalano32What do you use and what are your favorites,  are you just trying to get some ideas for yourself or do you use any?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Not a big golf app person for on course since I find them too distracting.   Off course would be DECADE for strategy and ShotScope for performance.    DECADE does have some practice aspects,  but they started after my subscription ran out so I don't use them.   

@acatalano32What do you use and what are your favorites,  are you just trying to get some ideas for yourself or do you use any?

I’ve been interested in decade, the few things I’ve seen have been awesome. I use shotscope, I have the V3 watch and tags, I do love how it tracks performance. But I am kind of looking for apps that help with practice, also just curious to see what’s out there 🙂

15 minutes ago, acatalano32 said:

I’ve been interested in decade, the few things I’ve seen have been awesome. I use shotscope, I have the V3 watch and tags, I do love how it tracks performance. But I am kind of looking for apps that help with practice, also just curious to see what’s out there 🙂

What aspects of practice?   DECADE has combines for putting and iron play and speed drills for putting.    For practice I'd look to something like Adam Youngs book The Practice Manual.  I would personally not look for an app but drills that would be helpful and the just track my performance over time in a spreadsheet.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I've actually gone away from using apps. Arccos was my go to for the last 6 plus years. 

However ditched that and currently going app less. There is a good scorecard app i have tried once or twice, it has all the slopes and stuff for all our swiss and German courses pre downloaded. However i don't mind just using a pencil and original card. 

Curious what others use!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

The best by far of all the free analysis apps was "Coach's Eye".  It came free with very few ads on Android and Apple.  You could pay a small amount to upgrade which gave you a few tools, such as the ability to draw lines to identify swing planes.

The main plus was that it produced slow motion video from imported footage from your phone.  And it was ultra-slow which could be stopped or reversed.

Unfortunately, the developers, for some strange reason, decided to abandon it and stopped updating it.

I wish that they would take it up again, because it was far superior and cheaper than many of the other video analysis apps that are still around, including V1. 

1 hour ago, peakation said:

I use golfgamebook for scoring as all my friends and coworkers use it to keep score. Great interface and has the possibility to set up team events too.
"Here, look! All my friends are playing all the time. I have to post a round. See you later!"

Our group uses this as well.  It has the best implementation of a Live Leaderboard (gross, net etc.) that I have seen.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

18 Birdies and V1. 

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

My group often plays Wolf on the course.    Half the time, the guy keeping the Wolf score (sometimes me) screws up the scoring along the way, and we have to re-trace our steps and figure out where we went wrong.  Is there a scoring app out there that can keep track of the money on a game like Wolf?

GRINT - I have used the Grint for years and love it! It has an app for the Apple Watch. As soon as I walk off the green I am adding my score, putts, distance of first putt, club used on drive, where drive landed left right wide left wide right, and there is a screen with options to select whether you had a water/penalty, OB, Fairway bunker, or green side bunker. After the round it give you all of your stats, Fairways hit, Greens in Reg, and Putts. When friends use the app you get notifications and can track their rounds. 

The Grint is a great app for golf. Applies a social aspect to the game, along with the ability to track shots, track analysis, provide yardage in play, and even grants the ability to get a handicap. 

Me and my buddies use it for multiple reasons… to see live scoring updates from group to group, track multi round tournaments. We recently used it to track a Ryder style tournament we played on our last golf trip. 

- Kevin E

I use 18 Birdies and really like what it has to offer. Will be trying out the paid version this season to see if it adds value to my game.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

I was using the USGA GHIN App for handicapping and GPS. The free version will suffice for most - $39.99 for it to work with Apple Watch.    I also got a Bushnell Wingman for xmas and I have been testing the Bushnell app, which works pretty neat too.

Take it back and let it go

The only app I use is 18 Birdies. I have it synced to my Apple Watch so I can get yardages and enter scores right from there without having to take my phone out of my pocket. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I have used a number of different apps since returning to golf in 2018/19. I started with a scorecard app that had some mapping but little in terms of stats. I moved to Golfshot which had a better function in stats and being app to record shots on a GPS track, I know the premium version allows you to manipulate the shot tracker should you wish to see a lay up option.

Have tried GRINT and 18Birdies but I have found the best stats recall and layout and directory of courses I use Taylormade On Course. 

I had been recording every round but of late with a need to flatten my handicap differences I play each shot and use a scorecard.

Callaway XR Driver - Aldila NV Green Shaft 55g Stiff

Taylormade M2 3 Wood

Mizuno T-zoid 2 iron

Taylormade M2 4 Hybrid

5-AW Lynx #BB,

Ping Sigma 2 - Tyne Putter

I have been using the Arccos app for about 6 months. I really like the data analysis it provides. 

Callaway epic max driver

cobra rad speed fairway woods

Mizuno jpx 921 hot metal pro

Cleveland CBX wedges

Cleveland Huntington Beach putter

Hello

i use the Arccos app. For the most part, it keeps pretty good track of shots and has a great breakdown of your game.

Hit’um straight!

Roger

:ping-small: 

Driver - G410 Plus

3h, 4h, 5h - G410

6, 7, 8, 9, P, U, S - G425

Putter - Sigma 2 Fetch

:callaway-small:

60 degree Jaws Full Toe Raw Black

GolfPad is my choice.

I use it from my Samsung Watch. Shows distance and elevation.

Records club selection and tracks shots including putts.

Been using it for years.

Driver:   :callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5 Project X HZRDUS T800 55 Graphite
3h:   :callaway-small:  Rouge X  Aldila Synergy 60 HYB X Graphite  
Irons 5-PW:   :callaway-small: Rouge X  Aldila Synergy 60IR Graphite
Wedges:   :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4 60* Fujikara 95 Graphite
Putter:    :odyssey-small:  O-WORKS BLACB #1 WIDE

I use golfpad. It syncs up great with my Samsung Galaxy Watch, tracks all my shots, gives good analytics, keeps score and has pretty accurate distance to green.

Bag: Ping 425 sft, tour edge Hl4 irons, XXIO 3 wood, 20 year old Nike putter

I agree with the others that mentioned Hole19.  It is the ONLY Apple Watch compatible GPS app that really meets my criteria of -

1.  Works on Apple Watch's built in GPS capabilities
2.  As an option, keeps stats
3.  Auto hole advance.

a. Iron specs (flex, length/lie). Callaway Apex Smoke 4-AW 1" long 3* upright Regular graphite shafts

b. Driver specs (loft/flex). Titleist TiS1 Senior Flex

c. Dexterity (right or left-handed). Right handed

d. Where You Live Jefferson, GA

e. Your handicap or average 18 hole score. 18.6 index

f. Putter - Too many to list! But all are fitted with FlatCat grip.

Arccos all the way! I've been using it for years and the data I've obtained from it is next level. With the new AppleWatch Ultra's battery capacity, having the watch track makes using it a breeze. It's finally at it's peak IMHO. I also really like Golfshot, but  Arccos is my every round go to. The caddie feature gets better with every update. 

Twitter: @bobbyburdette

Instagram: bobbyburdette

1 hour ago, dlm said:

My friends like the Grint app as a free alternative to GHIN, handicap tracker.

One of my friends recommended Grint as well, so I'll be giving that a trial run this year once the season starts.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I've tried a few over the years (V1, Hole19, Golfshot, Golf Canada) and I keep coming back to 18 Birdies.

Great for electronic scorecard and running tournaments

The practice mode will take side and behind videos for evaluation and give items to work on.

Looking forward to new features added over the winter

Decent free app, even better when you unlock paid content. 

V1 was a close second

WITB

Callaway XR16 10.5", Taylor Made RBZ Stage 2 3W, Callaway X2Hot 3H, 4H 5-PW, Odyssey Works Versa #1.

My favourite golf app is probably YouTube!

I use the Top Tracer range app to look at my numbers.  I wish I could look by date for eg gapping sessions, but overall I can make it do what it needs to do.

I also have Sky Caddy (device) and the linked app to do things like course favourites, and I wonder if they have every actually used the app or web interface themselves to game tracking.  Simple things, like recording OOB shots are not even documented in the game tracking app. An inability to mark shots as "duff or good" means you can't analyse for your bad shots separately from good. (While purists may say "total distance" means every shot, I find that a waste of time.  I want to know OK or Good for planning yardages & carry, but also say which ones failed, so I can analyse where a shot is the wrong one.  Yardage is irrelevant if you have eg clipped trees.  What you want to know is how often a particular club carries the trees vs another.
On course, my Garmin moved reliably between holes; I never feel that is transparent with the Sky Caddy device.

Current Bag(s)

• Mizuno ST-X 230 Dr (Mitsubishi Kai'Li Blue 60R)
  • Mizuno ST-X 220 4H, 5W, 3W (Aldila Ascent 50 R)
  • Mizuno JPX-921 4i-PW, S22 50/08 T22 55, 60 (Modus 105 R)
  • Odyssey Strokelab Double Width Triple Track 
  • Chromesoft Triple Track or Supersoft