Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Favorite golf app?

I use 18 Birdies to track score fairways greens chips and putts. It is also helpful with distances. I keep my index on Diablo

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

Hole19!!!

Totally free app.  Best GPS, plus course map, greens, all of it!  FREE.  

Every round, my entire Men's league will end up using my app, in addition to our range finders.

"Play bad fast"  The gear and swing of a +3, with the scores of a +24!

Rogue ST:  Dr/3W

ADAMS:  3h/4h (these things should be in a museum...they're amazing)

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal:  5i-SW

I'm a big fan of Golf Shot GPS for scorekeeping and stats - I actually have a rangefinder but don't use it very frequently. I find that I play much better with the context that the GPS app provides me helping me to better avoid bad misses, etc.

For practice, I have a Rapsodo MLM and use their app for shot tracking at the range.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 9.5* with Hazardous Smoke 
3 Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 13.5* with Hazardous Smoke
Irons: :titelist-small: U500 with Hazardous Smoke (3 iron)
Irons: :titelist-small: 620 CB (4-PW)
Wedges: :vokey-small:  SM7 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro-V1X

13 hours ago, cnosil said:

DECADE isn't really specific to a course.  As part of the membership you can print yardage books for courses but that is only a small part.   DECADE is about how to play any course and how to remove emotion from your decision making.   They offer a free one month trial you can can sign up with having to specify a payment method.  There are also some videos on YouTube that explain the basics. 

Thanks,  I thought it was primarily about the yardage books showing you the best way to play each hole.  I guess I need to go and try the free trial to get a better understanding.  Maybe You tube first.

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

4 minutes ago, Mackey said:

Thanks,  I thought it was primarily about the yardage books showing you the best way to play each hole.  I guess I need to go and try the free trial to get a better understanding.  Maybe You tube first.

Yardage books don’t show you “how to play the hole”; you still have to apply the principles on where you should be targeting.  here are  a couple of videos that will give you some highlights

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Garmin Golf App.  

When paired with my s62 garmin watch.  It'll keep a tally of my round, and I can look back at any shot throughout the round.

Also when paired with watch it has the mode that will broadcast to watch  the true front, center, back.  And have the option to see front, center, back, with elevation and wind adjusted distances.

It will then give you the AI caddy, club recommendation based on the real world info, and your carry distances for each club.

The amount of different stats it, keeps is unreal.

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

18 hours ago, Dr Strangelove said:

Does it do Auto Advance now?  That's what I hated about 18 Birdies.

It does if you don't keep score and stats (Drive location, putts, sand shots and penalties).  If you do keep score and stats, there is a button to go to the next hole after entering score and stats.

a. Iron specs (flex, length/lie). Callaway Apex Smoke 4-AW 1" long 3* upright Regular graphite shafts

b. Driver specs (loft/flex). Titleist TiS1 Senior Flex

c. Dexterity (right or left-handed). Right handed

d. Where You Live Jefferson, GA

e. Your handicap or average 18 hole score. 18.6 index

f. Putter - Too many to list! But all are fitted with FlatCat grip.

On 2/27/2023 at 2:39 PM, ArizonaLogan said:

I use Golf Pad with the premium license. My favorite features are listed below.

• GPS distances are very accurate.
  • Shot distance tracking.Screenshot_20230227_122903_GolfPad.jpg.a19dc029ebb2b32a080ef961b5da417f.jpg
  • Elevation change from tee to green.
  • Satellite map with shot overlays.
  • Screenshot_20230227_123225_GolfPad.jpg.3a17396f868e002bf14a66bc56fcad1e.jpg
  • Stokes gained.Screenshot_20230227_123029_GolfPad.jpg.7a9c78ff5720dd572c97d54115121e2a.jpg

The only thing that I think could be improved is the "recommend club" and "plays like x number yards" features. But since I don't use those features I still like the app.

I’m also a big fan of Golf Pad and the features you mentioned and shown. I use it in combination with their proprietary club tags and it does provide a lot of useful data for each round and over a period(s) of time in total or course specific. I’m actually surprised there’re no more users because these tags work great - like Arcos but at a fraction of a cost. For example you can buy a set of 15 tags on sale for $80 with a year of subscription to Golf Pad premium service included. Excellent deal. 

I use Golfshot. Going on the 10th year. I have the "grandfathered" version and 695 rounds entered. The next level up will keep score of skins, match play or nassau matches. I use it all the time, especially for new courses for fly overs or bunker distances.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

I use 18 Birdies on the course as of now. Was using the GHIN app until the app started crashing all the time when I'd use it for GPS. I might switch to Grint but I'm not sure. 18 Birdies allows me to keep the basic stats I'd normally keep on my scorecard and all the more detailed stats I want are collected on my ShotScope H4.

I recently posted about Upgame Golf after hearing about it from James Wiltshire on his YT channel, but after testing it out I think it's best left for those who play competitively and want an alternative to DECADE.

I also use the PING putting app quite regularly as well as the WellPutt app and Swing Profile App. The PING app is really useful for me right now as I try to compare my HB SOFT Premier putter to the Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K I just bought. I actually went quite nerdy on it and have put together a comprehensive stat sheet to compare for the next few weeks while I decide if I should sell the loser or start a putter collection.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I've used 18birdies for a while. I don't use all of the options they offer. Just mainly the GPS. I've tried the GHIN GPS at time, and Grint as well.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2023 at 8:45 AM, cnosil said:

Yardage books don’t show you “how to play the hole”; you still have to apply the principles on where you should be targeting.  here are  a couple of videos that will give you some highlights

Those videos were super informative, I'm really happy I came across your post. I have been trying to work on playing "smarter" golf and this just breaks its down so much better. I am definitely guilty of trying to shape the shot in both directions and it makes sense to just stick to what works best. Having those stats about the tour players is really awesome as well. Thank you for sharing.

WITB

Driver: :taylormade-small:Stealth Plus+  Diamana ZF60 Flex X Shaft

3 Wood:  :cobra-small: King F8

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSI3

Irons: :titleist-small: 2019 T100s Limited Edition Black

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM6s 52, 56, & 60 (Black Heads)

Putter: :cameron-small:  Phantom X 5.5

Gear: Bushnell Wingman & Shot Scope Pro LX+w/H4 for yardages. 

Stat Tracking: The Grint App

• 2 months later...

good info in this thread

I want an app just to track my scores and stats.  I don't need the gps and all that.

I just want to be able to put my scores/fairways/greens/etc... in after or during the round.

Which one do you guys suggest, if it's free that's a great bonus.

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2023 at 9:41 AM, JudgeSmails said:

good info in this thread

I want an app just to track my scores and stats.  I don't need the gps and all that.

I just want to be able to put my scores/fairways/greens/etc... in after or during the round.

Which one do you guys suggest, if it's free that's a great bonus.

mScorecard is a good one that doesn't get mentioned a lot.

It has the GPS but you don't have to use it.  You can use it to just track your scores and basic stats like fairways, greens, putts, etc.  There are both iOS and Android apps, but if you use the website, it has even more capabilities.

Driver: Tour Edge E722

Fairway Woods: Callaway Epic Flash

Irons: Callaway Steelhead XR

Wedges: Sub 70

Putter: Sik Flo

Related to golf apps, I have a couple questions about 'strokes gained'.

1. Are there any apps that track strokes gained without costing a fortune?  I'm a cheapskate at heart and I'm not paying $19.99 a month for an app.

2. Do you get benefit out of knowing your stokes gained numbers?  I currently use the Garmin app and it gives you pretty rudimentary strokes gained for driving, approach, and chipping.  But I pretty much already know whether I'm driving it well or not and I know that iron play is my strength and short game is my weakness.  So would I get any benefit out of it?

Driver: Tour Edge E722

Fairway Woods: Callaway Epic Flash

Irons: Callaway Steelhead XR

Wedges: Sub 70

Putter: Sik Flo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/26/2023 at 1:10 PM, acatalano32 said:

Hello everyone! With the the golf season getting underway, I was curious to see what everyone’s favorite golf app is? On course, off course, practice app, anything golf related. Hoping this thread can introduce new apps to help improve everyone’s game! Hope everyone has a blessed day 👊🏼

Golf Caddie Pro just launched for free on iOS & Android. 

"Golf Caddie Pro, your pocket-sized vault of golf knowledge."

Apple: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/golf-caddie-pro-sports/id6451049942

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iphonegamesapps.golfcaddiepro