TESTERS WANTED! ×

Just tried Ping's Ballnamic and my results

HAC

You get to do it five times and I have now done four of them making tweaks to my answers.  In all four tries, the most recommended ball was the Bridgestone Tour B X (about a 96% match).  Surprised me as I am 67 and certainly don't have a swing speed like Bryson DeChambeau.  But, MGS recommended this ball as a balanced ball for mid swing speed people and the B XS as a balanced ball for slow swing speed players (it was my third recommendation in most the ways I did it (around a 92.4% fit).  

The balls I regularly play - a MaxFli Tour (2001) was 91% fit but the Pro V1 was only an 85% fit!  Interesting.  In one run, the Pro V1x Left Dash was the third recommendation at 93%.

When I asked it to include some more value priced balls, it recommended the Wilson Triad (91.2% match) and a Srixon Q Star Tour (90.3%) match.  In this run, the MaxFli Tour was only an 89.7% match. Even taking price into account, the Bridgestone B X was #1, but in this case (I assume it was downgraded on price) it was only a 91.7% match.  

So, I guess next stop is to try some Bridgestone B X golf balls.  

Anyone else do this?  How have you liked the recommended balls?

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • Bridgestone B X.

21 minutes ago, HAC said:

You get to do it five times and I have now done four of them making tweaks to my answers.  In all four tries, the most recommended ball was the Bridgestone Tour B X (about a 96% match).  Surprised me as I am 67 and certainly don't have a swing speed like Bryson DeChambeau.  But, MGS recommended this ball as a balanced ball for mid swing speed people and the B XS as a balanced ball for slow swing speed players (it was my third recommendation in most the ways I did it (around a 92.4% fit).  

The balls I regularly play - a MaxFli Tour (2001) was 91% fit but the Pro V1 was only an 85% fit!  Interesting.  In one run, the Pro V1x Left Dash was the third recommendation at 93%.

When I asked it to include some more value priced balls, it recommended the Wilson Triad (91.2% match) and a Srixon Q Star Tour (90.3%) match.  In this run, the MaxFli Tour was only an 89.7% match. Even taking price into account, the Bridgestone B X was #1, but in this case (I assume it was downgraded on price) it was only a 91.7% match.  

I have looked at this a couple times, but didn't want to pay for it ... yet. I have been doing my own testing, but find this super super interesting!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I got similar results, I tend to get a lot of spin out of my driver so these recommendations scare me a little. 

image.png.fb85bc2a40bcedb942e1fcc9da07a744.png

Edited by G0al3d

What's in my ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png Pioneer Bag:

Driver: ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png G430 Max 10k 9* (fujikra.png.8382fa5c997744d5f1292f9e8f7a8183.png Speeder NX 50s)

3 & 7 Woods: ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png G430 Max (fujikra.png.8382fa5c997744d5f1292f9e8f7a8183.png Speeder NX 60s/70s)

3 & 4 Hybrids: ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png G430 (KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 75r) 

5 - PW Irons: mizuno-png-file-mizuno-logo-svg-1280-Ti.png.126a6588b3a078798a2ef7665da37175.png Pro 243 (KBS $ Taper 120s)

Wedges: cleveland-Ti.png.75bbccb15db6b4f1af15544ff6d82299.png RTX-6 50*/54* (mid) CBX&RTX Full-Face2 58*

Putter: lablogo_small_stacked.png.6384fc480e5c02d0a2a3ce2194f2fc8a.png DF 2.1 TPT shaft

Ball: Titleist ProV1

arccos.png.b5139ec0e8590e6219c1043121e31b84.png

4 minutes ago, G0al3d said:

I got similar results, I tend to get a lot of spin out of my driver so these recommendations scare me a little. 

image.png.fb85bc2a40bcedb942e1fcc9da07a744.png

Very similar to what I got.

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I have looked at this a couple times, but didn't want to pay for it ... yet. I have been doing my own testing, but find this super super interesting!

Got an offer by email from Ping for 25% off so it only cost $30.  For that, I thought it was interesting.  

•  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • Bridgestone B X.

17 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The Ballnamic guys were on the Sweet Spot podcast a while back and they talked a lot about the fitting variables. Between what they said and what we're seeing from folks who have gone through the fitting, Ballnamic is going to fit most players into Tour BX, Chrome Soft X, Left Dash, and then pick some other mid-compression Tour ball like ProV1. (Believe it or not, it actually had the Maxfli Tour as a slightly better match for me than ProV1.) To the extent that their algorithm and most players favor distance, those first three I listed are going to keep showing up because in Ping's testing, those are the longest golf balls that don't also sacrifice much in the short game. Tour BX is a little better with flier prevention, Chrome Soft X is a little better in the wind (because it flies lower, mostly), and Left Dash has a high-speed, high-launch, low-spin formula that is a pretty reliable recipe for big drives.

I still recommend folks to try it if they haven't, especially if you are not a 'typical' golfer or if you don't live in a 'typical' location, but don't be shocked if those three make your Top 5.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

22 hours ago, GregGarner said:

The Ballnamic guys were on the Sweet Spot podcast a while back and they talked a lot about the fitting variables. Between what they said and what we're seeing from folks who have gone through the fitting, Ballnamic is going to fit most players into Tour BX, Chrome Soft X, Left Dash, and then pick some other mid-compression Tour ball like ProV1. (Believe it or not, it actually had the Maxfli Tour as a slightly better match for me than ProV1.) To the extent that their algorithm and most players favor distance, those first three I listed are going to keep showing up because in Ping's testing, those are the longest golf balls that don't also sacrifice much in the short game. Tour BX is a little better with flier prevention, Chrome Soft X is a little better in the wind (because it flies lower, mostly), and Left Dash has a high-speed, high-launch, low-spin formula that is a pretty reliable recipe for big drives.

I still recommend folks to try it if they haven't, especially if you are not a 'typical' golfer or if you don't live in a 'typical' location, but don't be shocked if those three make your Top 5.

Thanks and yep.  The Maxfli Tour for me was about a 91% match and the Pro V1 was only an 85% match.

• Bridgestone B X.

On 2/27/2023 at 3:33 PM, HAC said:

Whats your typical Driver swing speed or ball speed? 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

On 3/2/2023 at 10:59 AM, BMart519 said:

Whats your typical Driver swing speed or ball speed? 

About 130 ball speed.

Edited by HAC
  • Bridgestone B X.

I almost want to reach out to Ping and see if they can provide some discount codes for member testing. Wouldn't be a huge test, but one that would be very interesting nonetheless!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I haven't tried but, I am thinking about it.  I'm in search of a premium ball that gets my iron spin up. I play the Pro V1X but was on the Snell MTB-x prior to that.  If there was a group MGS code I'd use it. 

I tried Ballnamic and it also fit me into the Bridgestone Tour BX at 94.5%.  Chromesoft X was at 93.2%.  It was surprising to me because my driver swing speed is 93-95mph.  Ball speed in the 130’s.  Well under the 105 mph type of player that the marketing says that ball is for.  It’s still winter in Michigan, but I was able to play a round in Alabama a couple weeks ago and really liked the BX.  I plan to put it in the bag this season.

• :ping-small: G425 Max driver
  • :ping-small: G425 SFT 3 wood
  • :ping-small: G425 3 and 5 hybrid
  • :callaway-small:  B21 irons 6-PW
  • :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 48 and CBX2 52/58 Wedges
  • :odyssey-small: 2 ball Ten Tour lined
  • :bridgestone-small:Tour BX ball
  • :Arccos: Arccos Caddie with Apple Watch
  • :footjoy-small: Hyperflex shoes
  • :BagBoy: Chiller Hybrid Stand Bag

I recently did Ballnamic as well. Results weren't too much different from what everyone else has seen except that if I skewed my answers towards a ball that performs well in the wind it would recommend AVX. Other than that, it was Tour B X or CSX from what I remember. Maxfli Tour was a 93% match and if I tweaked a couple of parameters would bump up to a 96% match. 

I did use TrackMan data though admittedly it was not the best data - really wasn't swinging my best when I collected it but could remember enough from other sessions to know what was reasonable when playing around with the results.

Not sure I'd ever pay for it again now that I've seen more people do it and get pretty much the same recommendations despite different swing speeds and numerous other differentiating factors. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I agree.  It would be interesting to see MGS do some type of on course testing to see if the Ballnamic recommendations actually result in better scores. 

• :ping-small: G425 Max driver
  • :ping-small: G425 SFT 3 wood
  • :ping-small: G425 3 and 5 hybrid
  • :callaway-small:  B21 irons 6-PW
  • :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 48 and CBX2 52/58 Wedges
  • :odyssey-small: 2 ball Ten Tour lined
  • :bridgestone-small:Tour BX ball
  • :Arccos: Arccos Caddie with Apple Watch
  • :footjoy-small: Hyperflex shoes
  • :BagBoy: Chiller Hybrid Stand Bag

I just want to see if the suggested gains of distance of the balls they recommend are accurate, screw better scores!!! 😂

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 3/8/2023 at 8:18 PM, TR1PTIK said:

I recently did Ballnamic as well. Results weren't too much different from what everyone else has seen except that if I skewed my answers towards a ball that performs well in the wind it would recommend AVX. Other than that, it was Tour B X or CSX from what I remember. Maxfli Tour was a 93% match and if I tweaked a couple of parameters would bump up to a 96% match. 

I did use TrackMan data though admittedly it was not the best data - really wasn't swinging my best when I collected it but could remember enough from other sessions to know what was reasonable when playing around with the results.

Not sure I'd ever pay for it again now that I've seen more people do it and get pretty much the same recommendations despite different swing speeds and numerous other differentiating factors. 

Curious.  What were the parameters you changed to get the Maxfli score up?

• Bridgestone B X.

3 hours ago, HAC said:

Curious.  What were the parameters you changed to get the Maxfli score up?

Launch, spin, and peak height mostly. I’ve spent a lot more time on launch monitors in recent months and typically launch somewhere between 13-14 degrees with about 2400 spin and peak height in the low-mid 90’s.

The data report I had on hand I was launching around 17 degrees with 2800+ spin and peak height above 100ft (in some cases as much as 135ft).

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I do find what the algorithm finds for the rest of y'all interesting. To be honest, in my versions of the search, as a lower spin player I never saw the BX or Left Dash as an option. Pretty consistently my top options were actually were Bridgestone B XS and Srixon Z Star Diamond with a decent mix of Wilson Staff Model, Chrome Soft X and Snell MTB-X in there as well for third choice and all in that same 93-94% range depending on what I was looking for most. We're watching current ball sale deals to see which one might end up in the bag going forward but I've played a few of them in the past (Soft X and XS) that I was impressed with, so that's likely where we start from.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

In my case, the Ballnamic actually recommended my gamer for me - the Srixon Z-Star and the #2 was the Z Diamond. It also threw in the ProV1 a few times, and when I added the value option, it just through in the Snell MTBX and the Vice Pro. If nothing else it gave me confidence and stopped my interest in trying out other balls because of this. 

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I went Ping in AZ to get fit for a 7 wood and they did a ball fittng while I was there. Was put into ProV1x, Chrome Soft X, and Srixon Diamond. Game the ProV1x already but tried a sleeve of the others and could play either without issue. Slight changes in flight windows and wind impact but for myself, but not being on tour, no real performance results. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 5:33 PM, HAC said:

I have now tried the Bridgestone B X and the Bridgestone B XS.  I did a personal fitting on line with Titleist and they recommended the Pro V1x so I tried it and the Pro V1 x left dash.  What I found was that in the DC area March is a horrible time to try out new golf balls.  Weather tends to be variable and windy.  Greens are much softer than usual.  There isn't much grass on the course and in the case of my course they put down sand in the fairway to help drainage during the season (we normally have clay soil here).  So, it was really hard to tell differences.  But, I found Bridgestone balls at $40 a dozen if one buys a three-dozen pack so bought 3 dozen B Xs.  It will thus be my ball for the year and I will use up my various samples over time in bad weather or something.  We will see how this works out.  

• Bridgestone B X.