Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

PXG Golf Balls

GolfSpy_APH

On 2/2/2023 at 3:21 AM, CrazyGolfNut said:

Any idea who actually makes this ball?

Made the same place where the Kirkland signature is made. Same dimple pattern as well apparently.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 minute ago, Javs said:

The old case of management not informing the employees 

Yeah same thing happened when I ordered my Ping Glide 2.0 wedges. Asked the rep if the 3.0 were coming out soon and he said no, hadn't heard anything. 3 days later after the order the launched them... It happens! 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Yeah same thing happened when I ordered my Ping Glide 2.0 wedges. Asked the rep if the 3.0 were coming out soon and he said no, hadn't heard anything. 3 days later after the order the launched them... It happens! 

That stinks when it does. However, common place in every industry

Play like a champion today!

3 hours ago, Javs said:

So, on 1 Feb the PXG people did not let it leak that they were releasing a ball. However, less than a week later kaboom 

My guess is that the balls were under embargo and the employees were told not to say they were going to be available.   If you had called any OEM about unreleased equipment you would probably have heard the same thing. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

My guess is that the balls were under embargo and the employees were told not to say they were going to be available.   If you had called any OEM about unreleased equipment you would probably have heard the same thing. 

Agree or like we stated, the front line employees just didn’t know. However, they gave the caveat in the email that any equipment release would be on their website. So, in that regards the lady was correct.

5 minutes ago, ballhawk said:

As far as I'm concerned, I'll wait and see if any tour player(s) under the PXG banner plays the ball. 

While that has merit, do you base which ball you play on (if) a tour player? Not to be sarcastic at all, but I don’t think I would base the playability of a ball for me based upon a tour player. I know I don’t play even close to the same game as any tour player. So, I personally wouldn’t base my golf ball decision on what a tour level player has in play. However, PXG has plenty of tour players under contract across all the tours. So, maybe some will play it. That still wouldn’t make a bit of difference for me. I just want to test it and see if it fits my game. Just my thoughts.

14 hours ago, Javs said:

While that has merit, do you base which ball you play on (if) a tour player? Not to be sarcastic at all, but I don’t think I would base the playability of a ball for me based upon a tour player. I know I don’t play even close to the same game as any tour player. So, I personally wouldn’t base my golf ball decision on what a tour level player has in play. However, PXG has plenty of tour players under contract across all the tours. So, maybe some will play it. That still wouldn’t make a bit of difference for me. I just want to test it and see if it fits my game. Just my thoughts.

Understand your position, but having tour players use specific equipment has for the most part, always been the so called litmus test and golfers have always been influenced by that. Now personally, the game we all play is the same as a tour pro, just not at that rarefied level. 

Total Callaway bag - except putter

9 minutes ago, ballhawk said:

Understand your position, but having tour players use specific equipment has for the most part, always been the so called litmus test and golfers have always been influenced by that. Now personally, the game we all play is the same as a tour pro, just not at that rarefied level. 

I fully understand your point. Yes, what is seen on the tour will always influence the public. If it didn’t work, then companies wouldn’t pay them to use their equipment. However, I am speaking my thoughts. I am old enough to realized that I am not going to be influenced by what a tour player has in their bag. One,I realize they play a much different game. Two, most of the players are given some kind of incentive to play the equipment in their bag. I am just a humble 6 handicap seeking equipment that fits and improves my game. 

18 hours ago, Javs said:

The old case of management not informing the employees 

It’s called embargo. Only those in the Ned to know have info, and it’s usually not the front line employees or even the ones who answer customer service.

nothing new in golf or any other industry. Look at cars and how they use paint schemes and covers when testing preprod cars so nobody knows what’s going on.

15 hours ago, Javs said:

Agree or like we stated, the front line employees just didn’t know. However, they gave the caveat in the email that any equipment release would be on their website. So, in that regards the lady was correct.

Even if they knew they are sworn to secrecy and aren’t going to sacrifice their employment to give some random customer a heads up or inside info. 

Many times the sales reps don’t know much and are almost one of the last to know. I and some others on here have talked with reps and we knew more about upcoming releases

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Also, and maybe I'm overthinking things a bit with international relations, is it a weird coincidence that someone who served in Vietnam and wears his Veteran pride all over his brand is now having his company partner with a ball manufacturing plant located in that country? 

I don't think it's weird mind you, just find it interesting that the plant they centered on was there of all places.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s called embargo. Only those in the Ned to know have info, and it’s usually not the front line employees or even the ones who answer customer service.

nothing new in golf or any other industry. Look at cars and how they use paint schemes and covers when testing preprod cars so nobody knows what’s going on.

Even if they knew they are sworn to secrecy and aren’t going to sacrifice their employment to give some random customer a heads up or inside info. 

Many times the sales reps don’t know much and are almost one of the last to know. I and some others on here have talked with reps and we knew more about upcoming releases

Oh I fully agree and understand. Just found it funny.

Just purchased three dozen at $34.99 a box and free shipping through their Heros program. Have been playing Pro V1s. If these play and hold up the same the PXG ball is a no brainer. Am saving $22.00 a dozen for equal performance. As a fellow Vietnam vet, I like how Parsons shows his respect for the military and first responders. He knows how to develop and market a good product.

Retired Army aviator. 2 Vietnam tours flying Hueys.

On 2/8/2023 at 4:18 PM, John W Sutch said:

Just purchased three dozen at $34.99 a box and free shipping through their Heros program. Have been playing Pro V1s. If these play and hold up the same the PXG ball is a no brainer. Am saving $22.00 a dozen for equal performance. As a fellow Vietnam vet, I like how Parsons shows his respect for the military and first responders. He knows how to develop and market a good product.

I think the strategy is two-fold. 1) He's not trying to compete against DTC, he's competing against the big boys. Same with his clubs. He wasn't trying to compete with Takomo, New Level, Sub70, etc, etc etc (ok, maybe Avian...) And there are now multiple people just in this thread willing to at least try them out with the justification that, "hey, they're cheaper than ProV1s!" which is exactly the point. 2) As has already been joked about/suggested, the pricing is almost certainly going to get slashed at some point in the (near?) future. But by then, the PXG fan base will have already placed their orders, the reviews will already be in on those who bought a dozen just to test them, etc. And if/when they run a Memorial Day/Flag Day/4th of July/Veterans Day sale at $24.99/doz, the rest of us will think, "ok, maybe this is worth trying..."

But that's all just back of the napkin, armchair quarterbacking. Who actually knows what the real strategery is other than Bob?

I'm totally in agreement with Tony on this one, though. At $24.99 or even $29.99, this could be disruptive. At $39.99, you're going to need prominent shelf space because those in the know, know there are better deals to be had.

Edited by GregGarner
fixed one of probably many typos

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I am very curious to see if they will turn up in retail or shops near me. I kinda doubt they will, but am hopeful so I can give them a go. 

There is no real PXG retailer here in Switzerland and usually you have to order from Germany, but just maybe they will turn up!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I'd be interested in giving them a crack even though PXG are far from my favourite brand.

Im sure there'll be an Aussie release soon

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

Price is $34.95 for Vets

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Will take a lot to move me off of my Maxfli Tour.  That said, I'm intrigued because I love Parsons and the PXG equipment!  Saw it was $34.95 one day and looked again and it was $39.95.

:cobra-small:  LTDx Drive

:cobra-small:  LTDx 3, 5 & 7 Fairway Metals

:mizuno-small: Mizuno Hot Metal JPC 921 Irons

:PXG:0311 Wedges--56° & 60°

:PXG: Blade Putter

:maxfli: Tour Golf Ball

16 hours ago, GregGarner said:

I think the strategy is two-fold. 1) He's not trying to compete against DTC, he's competing against the big boys. Same with his clubs. He wasn't trying to compete with Takomo, New Level, Sub70, etc, etc etc (ok, maybe Avian...) And there are now multiple people just in this thread willing to at least try them out with the justification that, "hey, they're cheaper than ProV1s!" which is exactly the point. 2) As has already been joked about/suggested, the pricing is almost certainly going to get slashed at some point in the (near?) future. But by then, the PXG fan base will have already placed their orders, the reviews will already be in on those who bought a dozen just to test them, etc. And if/when they run a Memorial Day/Flag Day/4th of July/Veterans Day sale at $24.99/doz, the rest of us will think, "ok, maybe this is worth trying..."

But that's all just back of the napkin, armchair quarterbacking. Who actually knows what the real strategery is other than Bob?

I'm totally in agreement with Tony on this one, though. At $24.99 or even $29.99, this could be disruptive. At $39.99, you're going to need prominent shelf space because those in the know, know there are better deals to be had.

Bob isn’t necessarily trying to compete with anyone. He’s doing his thing. His approach has the golf industry changing how they do things with pricing. Callaway tried the luxury route with the epic irons (not that successful) all brands now tho have raised prices even before the supply chain and inflation issues.

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I am very curious to see if they will turn up in retail or shops near me. I kinda doubt they will, but am hopeful so I can give them a go. 

There is no real PXG retailer here in Switzerland and usually you have to order from Germany, but just maybe they will turn up!

Only retail shops you will find them in are pxg stores. Pxg stopped dealing with green grass shops and others when they went dtc, other than somewhere like CC who has an account you won’t find pxg anywhere other than in pxg stores and online 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

15 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Bob isn’t necessarily trying to compete with anyone. He’s doing his thing. His approach has the golf industry changing how they do things with pricing. Callaway tried the luxury route with the epic irons (not that successful) all brands now tho have raised prices even before the supply chain and inflation issues.

Only retail shops you will find them in are pxg stores. Pxg stopped dealing with green grass shops and others when they went dtc, other than somewhere like CC who has an account you won’t find pxg anywhere other than in pxg stores and online 

True for the US. In Europe there are a couple shops which have PXG everything.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 2/1/2023 at 12:36 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Screenshot_2023-02-01-18-35-24-25_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

This could be interesting.

Where do you think the price point will be? How many layers and do you think it will be a contender for your bag?

Yup, it’s a contender!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I just ordered two dozen from PXG-they were #39,95 per dozen and free shipping if you order over $100....I also ordered a hat to get free shipping. They are a 3 piece ball with urethane cover. Their test results show very comparable results to the Pro V and V1X....we'll see.

Golf Gear Head

On 2/10/2023 at 7:36 AM, 6 Million Dollar Man said:

Will take a lot to move me off of my Maxfli Tour.  That said, I'm intrigued because I love Parsons and the PXG equipment!  Saw it was $34.95 one day and looked again and it was $39.95.

$ 34.99 is Hero's pricing.  Got mine for 34.99 - 3 dozen... no shipping fee.

We have like 4 guys at our club we dubbed the "PXG Boys" PXG head to toe. I am sure they will be buying and I am sure the way they hit it in general I will be finding some in the creeks ponds and woods if I look. Like I have said before I have won so many Srixon balls I do not need to buy any balls soon. And lately with the influx of tourists I have found a lor of preminum balls without ball hawking. But I am 100% sure with that crowd I will be finding some. If I do certainally I will try them in my short or practice rounds

Edit: I know those guys well and love to give them crap. And at one time or another I have had them for Shootout partners. One of them one day got me aggrevated on the range. He kept wanting me to hit one of his new PXG irons and I would not. I have my little anal hangups I know. I do not like to drive other peoples vehicles or hit their golf clubs. I finally told him Why would I want to hit a hollow foam filled iron made in China when I have a perfectly good set of solid forged steel ieons made in the USA from American steel. He backed off. Next day he apologized to me for being pushy

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G