TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sub70 Putters

GaryF

Anyone familiar with or play any of the Sub70 line of putters?  I know I need a putter fitting but not in the cards for the time being.  I strongly prefer traditional blade putters and I have a slight arc.  Have struggled with an old ping that on long putts often “mishit”.  It has a small insert and hitting the edge kills the putt.  I reverted back to a very only Nicklaus blade, with larger, heavier head.  I do better with it and don’t get the mishits but just don’t like the look/feel.  Have been looking at the sub70 001 blade.  I like that it is milled and has a heavier head - thinking about ordering it.  Opinions? 

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

1 minute ago, GaryF said:

Anyone familiar with or play any of the Sub70 line of putters?  I know I need a putter fitting but not in the cards for the time being.  I strongly prefer traditional blade putters and I have a slight arc.  Have struggled with an old ping that on long putts often “mishit”.  It has a small insert and hitting the edge kills the putt.  I reverted back to a very only Nicklaus blade, with larger, heavier head.  I do better with it and don’t get the mishits but just don’t like the look/feel.  Have been looking at the sub70 001 blade.  I like that it is milled and has a heavier head - thinking about ordering it.  Opinions? 

Based on the quality of their other products, what I have read about their putters, and their return policy, I wouldn't hesitate.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

13 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Have been looking at the sub70 001 blade.  I like that it is milled and has a heavier head - thinking about ordering it.  Opinions? 

Having tried them during most wanted testing I can say they are high quality products and are equivalent to any putter on the market. You can pay lots more for some brands like a Scotty but it isnt any better or worse than the Sub70.  The big OEMs just provide more options/configurations.   If the putter fits your stroke and you can control line and distance it could be the best putter you could  ever owned.  Looks, sound, and feel are all subjective so this may be where the different product separate. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Spoiler

Currently playing the Sub 70 FN1 putter and love it. Puts a good roll on the ball and nice feel. Had the 004 before that, both are very good just putting better with the blade at the present time

IMG_0905.JPG

IMG_0906.JPG

Driver-Sub70 849D

3 wood-Sub70 939X

5 wood-Callaway Rogue

4 hybrid-Tour Edge EXS 220

irons-Sub70 699 V2 irons

wedges-Sub70 JB wedges, 50, 54, 58

putter-Sub 70 FN 001 with Evenroll Gravity Grip

Ball-OnCore Elixir

1 hour ago, Hobert said:

Based on the quality of their other products, what I have read about their putters, and their return policy, I wouldn't hesitate.

I think I am going to.  I like plumbers neck and it is on back order for sometime this month. 

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

I have the 005 Wide double bend face balanced. I put the heaviest weights in it and have to say I love the putter.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

10 hours ago, MattF said:

I have the 005 Wide double bend face balanced. I put the heaviest weights in it and have to say I love the putter.

I called Sub70 if they had any updated status on the 001 and after a short discussion they were suggesting a “mid mallet” style might fit my profile better, and I’m pretty sure they said the 005 fits that definition. 

Now that I have read the description, what characteristics would cause one to lean ‘face balanced’ vs 40* toe hang.  Should smeone with a slight arc stroke go face balanced and someone with a strong arc go 40*?  Or?

The 005 Wide has my attention. I don't necessarily think I will be making a putter change. The last time I did well it didn't go so well, however often it is just too tempting!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

8 hours ago, GaryF said:

I called Sub70 if they had any updated status on the 001 and after a short discussion they were suggesting a “mid mallet” style might fit my profile better, and I’m pretty sure they said the 005 fits that definition. 

Now that I have read the description, what characteristics would cause one to lean ‘face balanced’ vs 40* toe hang.  Should smeone with a slight arc stroke go face balanced and someone with a strong arc go 40*?  Or?

Face balanced is for a straight back and through stroke, which I have. If you have a mid arc a low to mid toe hang and if you have a high arc, a high toe hang, around 70° is suggested. 

Best thing to do if you can't get a fitting is try to test the 3 main types to see how you get on.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

50 minutes ago, hack62tpi said:

I have a 005 wide and I love it. It comes with a weight kit that allows you to adjust the weighting to your liking. It is a good looking putter and performs well. Sub70 customer service is first rate.

Does the weight kit low a full range of adjustment so if I have a slight arc I can get it adjusted close to that? 

10 hours ago, GaryF said:

IMO, the goal of any putter is to help you start the ball online and control distance.  Toe hang is simply a byproduct of getting the right combination of design characteristics.  I have a slight arc, left biased, low rotation stroke that I tend to hold open on the forward stroke to avoid a left miss. Face balanced for me is typically a right miss because it resists rotation.  The left bias makes it look like a straight back stroke, but all strokes are, mine is just tilted left.  what this  means is I need to find the right balance of weight and amount of rotation that helps me get the putter to the right impact location.  rotation can be controlled with features like offset and weight.  

long way of saying you really need to try the putter to get a definitive answer; both could work but other characteristics may influence rotation.  What questions did they ask you, what were you answers, and which did they recommend?  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

53 minutes ago, cnosil said:

what this  means is I need to find the right balance of weight and amount of rotation that helps me get the putter to the right impact location.  rotation can be controlled with features like offset and weight.  

long way of saying you really need to try the putter to get a definitive answer; both could work but other characteristics may influence rotation.  What questions did they ask you, what were you answers, and which did they recommend?  

As to the first part, that is absolutely my goal too.  When I called, I was on wait for a long time and late in the afternoon.  Maybe i gave TMI, but I mentioned I prefer blade-like putters and have a small (might be mid) arc and for years played a ping B60, which I have 2 inter-related complaints: 1) on long putts occasionally get miss hits, and 2) the head is small and feels too light (he looked it up, it’s 350g).

Long putts, because of the light head, requires a long stroke.  IMO, the mishits occur due to a longer backstroke and likely at impact the club is raised above the ground causing some impact along the edge of the insert.  I said I was interested in the 001 and liked the fact it is milled and solid without any insert.  The past few months, I reverted back to a very old Nicklaus blade and the mishits all but eliminated, just not feeling it.  He looked up the ping, etc.  Soooo….then said it’s hard to tell why I’m getting toe and heel mishits.  I said the mishits I’m referring to are at the edge of the bottom edge of the insert.  (Not dismissing some could be off center too). Anyways, he suggested I look at a mid-mallet.  I asked for an example and he mentioned 005, and to tryout different style putters at a local store, which I intend to do. 

All comments here have been educational for me so ty. 

E7A2FE44-5657-4F61-92AA-CB5C0203706D.jpeg.21766b26be6f1bb3b09d3d6a666d3b92.jpeg

12 minutes ago, GaryF said:

which I have 2 inter-related complaints: 1) on long putts occasionally get miss hits, and 2) the head is small and feels too light (he looked it up, it’s 350g).

Sounds like you got some basic information and based on the suggestion mid mallet style is probably a good option.   As suggested, now go hit a bunch of different models and see what works.  The 005 is probably a good suggestion based on what you wrote.  It is definitely heavy;  way too heavy for me since I tend to prefer lighter putters.  

If you are seeking a heavy putter then the Sub70 might be your anser, it comes in at 380grms and they run around $159.  Other lesser  expensive Anser style putter by Cleveland weighting 345grams, at $149-199 on line at Carl's Golfland 345grms and $199-249 PGA Superstore, which their heaviest is 370grms.  Cleveland has a great reputation for making golf clubs and have some Anser style putters with milled faces that might meet your needs.  Might want to give them a look.  I have the Ping PLD Anser Premium Milled Putter and absolutely love it.  On faster greens it is awesome at any distance.  I am tall and had it delofted 1* flat.  The weight on it is 350grms.  These are a bit more expensive ($449), but with it's performance, I find it to my liking.  Am not one that buys every club that comes along.  Find one that I like and work on it.      

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

This reminds me of the Bruce Sizemore SB-2 Blade. The face, like the Sub70, is a beautifully milled design that gets the ball rolling true. The feel and workmanship is terrific. Sizemore's quality is absolutely top notch.  Would put the quality of this fine putter up against Bettinardi, Epic, Miura, Piretti, TP Mills, Byron Morgan, any of them. "Its smooth blend of angles combined with tiered flanges, and centered mid-size plumber’s neck provide additional assistance when focusing on the sight line." Sizemore's signature cross milled face finish ensures a true roll and does not deflect a ball off-line as with other milled surfaces.  Original design that has a unique look and feel • Highest level of craftsmanship and construction • Tolerances less than 1/1000 of an inch • Tip-Stiff shaft technology for maximum stability • IND-X™ face finishes guarantee the flattest putting surface • 3-D optical design for superior alignment."  from Golf Review

SB-2 Cavity.jpg

Milled Face.jpg

SB-2 topside.jpg

Obviously the fit comes down to the individual -I picked up an 007 (8802-style blade) for fun more than anything.  It's a touch softer than other 303 SSS putters I've used, in my opinion at least. Build quality is fantastic.  The closest comparable that comes to mind (feel, weight, comparable build quality) is a SIK DW Swept Neck that I parted with last year.  Both on the heavier side, and I found them both to be a bit softer than my typical gamers (Scotty Futura X5 from 2013ish, replaced with an x9.5 last year).  I think the Sub70 steel is a bit softer before any milling, but could be wrong.  Still firmer than anything with an insert.  Overall the very solid, while not being clicky, if that makes sense.

Driver: Cobra LTDx @ 8* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo Tour Spec

3w: Taylormade SLDR TS 14* w/ Speeder 757

3hy: Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ KBS Hybrid 

Irons (4-P): ZX5/ZX7 combo w/Modus 120

Wedge: Vokey SM8 50-08F, 54-10S, 58-08M w/ DG S200

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B-XS

I play the Sub70 Sycamore 002 - the mid-mallet and love it. What I needed was a heavier head than you can find in most putters and this does the trick for me. 

• TaylorMade Stealth2+ 9° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 5-S
  • TaylorMade M5 15° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 6-S
  • Callaway CF-18 18° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
  • Srixon 4-AW Nippon Modus 3 105 R
  • Cleveland ZipCore 54° Mid and 58° Mid DG Spinner
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 35"
  • Titleist Pro V1
  • Arccos Gen 3 sensors

3 hours ago, ChuckZ said:

If you are seeking a heavy putter then the Sub70 might be your anser, it comes in at 380grms and they run around $159.  Other lesser  expensive Anser style putter by Cleveland weighting 345grams, at $149-199 on line at Carl's Golfland 345grms and $199-249 PGA Superstore, which their heaviest is 370grms.  Cleveland has a great reputation for making golf clubs and have some Anser style putters with milled faces that might meet your needs.  Might want to give them a look.  I have the Ping PLD Anser Premium Milled Putter and absolutely love it.  On faster greens it is awesome at any distance.  I am tall and had it delofted 1* flat.  The weight on it is 350grms.  These are a bit more expensive ($449), but with it's performance, I find it to my liking.  Am not one that buys every club that comes along.  Find one that I like and work on it.      

Thanks for pointing Cleveland out.  I was just looking online at pgatss and they have a nice full line of 10 Cleveland styles ranging from classical blade, wide blade (similar to the 007) to you name it.  This would give me the best side-by-side comparison.  Closest store is 1 1/2 hrs away but will stop by next visit to my daughter. 

3 hours ago, mybluc4 said:

This reminds me of the Bruce Sizemore SB-2 Blade. The face, like the Sub70, is a beautifully milled design that gets the ball rolling true. The feel and workmanship is terrific. Sizemore's quality is absolutely top notch.  Would put the quality of this fine putter up against Bettinardi, Epic, Miura, Piretti, TP Mills, Byron Morgan, any of them. "Its smooth blend of angles combined with tiered flanges, and centered mid-size plumber’s neck provide additional assistance when focusing on the sight line." Sizemore's signature cross milled face finish ensures a true roll and does not deflect a ball off-line as with other milled surfaces.  Original design that has a unique look and feel • Highest level of craftsmanship and construction • Tolerances less than 1/1000 of an inch • Tip-Stiff shaft technology for maximum stability • IND-X™ face finishes guarantee the flattest putting surface • 3-D optical design for superior alignment."  from Golf Review

SB-2 Cavity.jpg

Milled Face.jpg

SB-2 topside.jpg

That looks beautiful! So beautiful I’d almost expect it to be a self-putting putter! 

• 3 weeks later...

Played a couple rounds with the 006 - its a classic mid-mallet shape but made for medium / strong arc putts.  Overall, I LOVED the quality / weight of the putter, but decided on a Scotty Phantom instead.  If I was in the market for a new putter, I wouldn't hesitate to try them out (they have an INCREDIBLE return policy)!

68437693722__B4979A73-374E-4C6C-B3AD-0FCD81A33316.jpg

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

• 2 months later...

I had an odyssey mallet the last two years and midway through last summer I got the putting yips worse than I’ve ever seen anyone have. Obviously not the putter’s fault but mentally I wanted to reset with something completely different so I got the sub 70 007 and from the first round this year I’m putting better than I have in my 20 years of golfing. I don’t see me taking that out of the bag anytime soon 

Me winning isn’t, you do 

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2023 at 12:04 PM, CFreddie said:

Played a couple rounds with the 006 - its a classic mid-mallet shape but made for medium / strong arc putts.  Overall, I LOVED the quality / weight of the putter, but decided on a Scotty Phantom instead.  If I was in the market for a new putter, I wouldn't hesitate to try them out (they have an INCREDIBLE return policy)!

68437693722__B4979A73-374E-4C6C-B3AD-0FCD81A33316.jpg

I just picked up one of these on the used rack at an Edwin Watts store of $99. Played my first round with it today and had no 3 putts. It didn't come with the weight kit and had the 10 gram weights in it, great feel and distance control. Now have to decide between it and the FN001. 

Driver-Sub70 849D

3 wood-Sub70 939X

5 wood-Callaway Rogue

4 hybrid-Tour Edge EXS 220

irons-Sub70 699 V2 irons

wedges-Sub70 JB wedges, 50, 54, 58

putter-Sub 70 FN 001 with Evenroll Gravity Grip

Ball-OnCore Elixir

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 002 Mid Mallet, but it's not in the bag at the moment.   It's very heavy as is - 390g.   Pretty sure all of their putters are beefy on the swing scale.  So, if weight is what you need, Sub70 is definitely a place to look.  

default_taylormade-small(1).jpg.85912868199b94e166402712fb9f64b0.jpg Stealth 2 Plus 10.5* driver

default_ping-small.jpg.f0dadf3a40970feec67664677f8eff49.jpg G425 14.5*, 17.5* FWs

default_ping-small.jpg.f0dadf3a40970feec67664677f8eff49.jpg G425 22* hybrid

default_ping-small.jpg.f0dadf3a40970feec67664677f8eff49.jpg i230 irons, 5 - W

default_ping-small.jpg.f0dadf3a40970feec67664677f8eff49.jpg Glide 4.0 S 50*, 54*, 58* wedges

EVNROLL.gif.c1122c4834ff1cdf4df48962afede4ed.gif  EV 5.3 33"

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got the Sub70 AL-6 armlock putter and it's the nicest putter I've ever owned. I just put an unofficial review up about it at the link below. It's a great looking putter and I got a pretty good deal on it from the Sub 70 pre-owned putter site. I wanted to dip my toes into the world of armlock and this was a great way for me to go.

@GaryF, what did you end up going with for your putter?

WITB:

Driver:  PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.pngGen4 0811X (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 S)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_35px.png.0d6d0e557d5c18a58903aaf05ed572ff.png3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:  Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png  286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:  Vice_logo.png.729a77999807d43babe4f3f658d6165c.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_35px.png.20ce36ace6486597a4b0794c46c1fd5c.pngTour S

Pushcart: clicgear_logo.png.44ad85f06b123725c8fca94cb49899a3.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

11 minutes ago, jbern said:

I recently got the Sub70 AL-6 armlock putter and it's the nicest putter I've ever owned. I just put an unofficial review up about it at the link below. It's a great looking putter and I got a pretty good deal on it from the Sub 70 pre-owned putter site. I wanted to dip my toes into the world of armlock and this was a great way for me to go.

@GaryF, what did you end up going with for your putter?

I ended up going with the Oddesey Versa Double Wide. One of our courses has a full line of Versa demos that we could check out.  Interesting that my ‘preferred look’ of a putter was a blade, but after trying several of the Versa’s, I visually started to prefer the mid mallet look.

Whenever I looked a Sub70s, they were on back order and they never seemed to have any demos to try out.  I did make a few pgatss trips and spent a lot of time in those sessions.  The store in Altamonte FL actually pulled out ‘SAM’ and did an impromptu putting analysis.

The result was I needed a mild toe hang.  When I got back to GA, I checked out the aforementioned Versa DoubleWide.  The results were good and checked it out 4 times.  I really wanted to try the Ping DS72, but it was always out of stock at pgatss.  I finally pulled the trigger on the Versa and was on sale for about $240.  My putting has improved dramatically.  Long putts are rarely an issue and my 3-puts have almost disappeared.  Missed 3 foot putts are a thing of the past.  The extra weight and balanced feel let the club do its job and being ‘handsy’ is no longer an issue and for the first time I actually feel confident when putting.