Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Shaft or the head?

GolfSpy WD

If you need to get C-Tapers and can't find a good location near you then I suggest trying on of the online retailers for them if you are looking for new uncut. They are $35 a shaft, lowest allowable retail price from KBS is what I heard when they first came out, seems they have stuck to that price. Value golf carries the full KBS line up and is listed on the KBS website as an official retailer --> http://www.valuegolf...ents_brands=192 but Golfsmith and Golfworks are also both listed.

If you run into a dead end then send me a PM I know where to go to get you some shafts and have them spine aligned if you wanted.

Thanks, I saw some of this on the internet and was going to get them or Golfsmiths to match it. I had almost forgotten about the X100's though during testing and was getting ready to leave when I was checking my notes. I did not have high hopes for them but am very excited to try them. If they do not work out I can pull them and get the C Tapers.

The funny thing is when I started this I was going to go with the Adams MB2s and C Tapers, and I am ending up with Mizuno MP62 and X100, Oops. I think I may be getting a better deal.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt brought up dispersion and since he did, I'm now interested in that as well. Still, comparing a $50 set of shafts to a $250 set, it better be a significant amount of accuracy gained.

Enjoy the new sticks!

As I said earlier the dispersion with the X100 was best. The cost of the shaft really had nothing to do with it initially. The DG's are $15 new, the KBS Tour are $25, Tour 90's are $28, Project X are $33, and C Taper are $35.

More than anything the flex may have played a factor. Had I have checked the C Taper X or S+ I may have had much better results. Something I did not think about at the time. Or maybe even the KBS Tour in a different flex. I just could not find any of these to test. I need to see if KBS is having a demo day sometime where I can actually compare them properly. It was just after I sent a text to my wife that I was coming to get here from the mall that I left her at that I checked eBay and say that they had the exact clubs (1/2" long) for $49 Buy it now, so I did. Heck, even if this was the wrong choice, I can pull them and resell them and get my money back. But I will win or lose more money this weekend than these shafts cost. (If the shafts are here I will win more money :D )

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Thanks, I saw some of this on the internet and was going to get them or Golfsmiths to match it. I had almost forgotten about the X100's though during testing and was getting ready to leave when I was checking my notes. I did not have high hopes for them but am very excited to try them. If they do not work out I can pull them and get the C Tapers.

The funny thing is when I started this I was going to go with the Adams MB2s and C Tapers, and I am ending up with Mizuno MP62 and X100, Oops. I think I may be getting a better deal.

Adams MB2s have a huge amount of offset in them for a blade I'm pretty sure MP-62 has less offset, pretty sure i posted that when I wrote my blade review awhile back, http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/5458-muscleback-iron-review/

X100 is a good shaft, I can't knock it really been old faithful for a lot of players. I had DG x1 in my old wedges didn't seem overly stiff even on 1/2 swings. Just wanted to try the KBS Tour Wedges in the new wedges see how it goes. On full swings into the wind i find the DG x100 a little hard to keep from ballooning but that is my result and swing.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Archived