Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Any Content Creators in our community?!

ThrifTeeGolf

This is by no means any type of promoting of any kind of my stuff, truly wondering if anyone here is making content! I personally started my content creating almost exactly a month ago on both Instgram and Tiktok. More for fun and to see what I can do with it. Made a completely new Instagram just for my golf stuff and so far have 330 followers with 31 post. I never had a Tiktok until this golf content, about 410 followers there. It's a cool little experiment to see how people like my videos especially my swing LOL. Anyone else out there making or posting anything? Maybe some tips and tricks on how to grow?! What do people like watching when it comes to golf content besides the instructional videos? Do you like just the sound of hitting the ball or music in the background? Funny golf stuff? Would love to hear what people gravitate towards! I'll leave one of my videos if possible down here from instgram! 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpiKs6ygu3R/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRvjor2J/

Edited by James K

Driver: Big Bertha Fusion

Hybrid: Taylormade Aero Burner

Irons: JPX 921

Wedges: Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter: Nike Method Matter

I started to during the pandemic but haven't really touched it in a long time. I still use the account to keep my golf stuff separate from my other interests - IG is just a mess nowadays if you follow a certain number of accounts - and will comment and like other posts but that's about it. Maybe you'll inspire me to get back after it. 😉 

Anyway, best advice is to make good use of hashtags and post regularly. Interact with pretty much anyone who comments (at least starting out) as it will increase the chances of them sharing your content with someone else. Bonus points: a good logo never hurts. I made mine using basic shapes in MS PowerPoint lol. 

As for what content people like, I think it really just varies. My two cents is just do your own thing and let people come to you. Good luck!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Nice! Yeah I've always made accounts of other interest so my personal account never gets jumbled up. But thanks for the advice, I did a lot of research before making one. Like when to post, trending stuff to use, editing and what not. I at first wanted to just get big fast so using trending songs and what not but I realize I didn't want to follow that. Just be me and post what I think I would like. The logo thing is a good idea though! Interacting with everyone too has been awesome though, finding people around my area too. 

The biggest thing for me is if I ever would use shot tracers. If that really separates someone from the normal. I'd like to know what you think on that subject! Thanks for the reply, honestly it's a huge help. Appreciate you!

Edited by James K

Driver: Big Bertha Fusion

Hybrid: Taylormade Aero Burner

Irons: JPX 921

Wedges: Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter: Nike Method Matter

On 3/24/2023 at 8:57 AM, ThrifTeeGolf said:

The biggest thing for me is if I ever would use shot tracers. If that really separates someone from the normal.

IMO, shot tracers just depend on the shot being hit and what exactly you're trying to showcase. I don't think anyone wants a tracer on a stinger if the ball is visible for a large portion of flight and I wouldn't recommend using one if you're trying to show off some dramatic scenery. However, if you're posting a shot where the flight is less visible then a tracer could be beneficial - especially when shaping shots with a fade or draw. Mac Boucher and James Wiltshire have some good examples on their accounts - I'm sure there are plenty of others (but those two spring to mind first).

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

• 5 weeks later...

New to the forums, I do content creation, though! It’s a lot of fun! Started in July last year and it’s been a lot of fun learning as I go. I’d say don’t be afraid to branch out across different social sites and figure out what types of posts work for each one. For me, Instagram and Twitter have been the hardest to grow, and TikTok and Facebook have been the easiest. Post what would want to see and try and make it engaging. Most of these sites are meant to appeal to quick attention spans, so avoid slow points in videos! 😂 But overall have fun with it. If it starts to become a chore you won’t want to continue and it can fall off easily! Good luck!!

:ping-small: G425 Max | :PXG: 3W, Hybrid, 4-PW | :taylormade-small: 52* 56* 60* | :ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser | :titleist-small: ProV1 yellow

Make golf fun, no matter your skill!

My real name is Nate if you prefer to use that!

Hey guys! New to the forum but saw this thread and thought I should reply to it too! I started making content less than a year ago and am loving it so much! really adds another level of fun to the game we all love. I currently make videos over on youtube - go check them out if you want, hopefully the provide entertaining and sometimes even educational viewing for my viewers!! 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCciJRnCMVKGbT2-1R1KG6eA

Anyway, would love to get invovled with any creators on here - maybe even a collab and we could produce some amazing content! cheers guys and looking forward to engaging with you guys all more on here!!

My WITB -

Putter - Odyssey Triple track 2 Ball Ten

58/52 Degree Vokey SM8 Wedges

A Wedge - 5 Iron - Taylormade P770 - 2023

4 Hybrid - Taylormade Stealth

3 Wood - Taylormade Stealth

Driver - Taylormade Stealth

• 2 weeks later...

Have to educate, entertain, engage to draw in followers.

They need to know how you are and build a connections. If you aren’t doing 2 of the three things above you aren’t going to grow.

The content has to be what the followers want to see. Looking at the links posted there’s not much in any of them that as a user of those platforms that would make me want to follow and if I did to stay as a follower. 

For the op I can see golf swings all day on social media from a bunch of different people. You have to do something more than just swing a club somewhere 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Glad to see some fellow content creators on here. I recently started a page too. I think it’s a great way to enjoy the game and promote it too. I look forward to checking your pages out. Mine is @bevboysgolf on Instagram and Tiktok. ⛳

Driver - Tsi3

Irons - Mizuno Pro 225

Wedges - Mizuno, Callaway, Titleist

Putter - Odyssey

Bag - Malbon

• 2 weeks later...

I started a few Instagram accounts to create content for fun. I had 4 accounts but now have 3 for creating content. 1 is for photography, one is for fundraising via running, and the other was initially for beer but now that one is beer and sports. I'm an amateur nature photographer. I run in memory of fallen soldiers. My brother was killed in Iraq on July 27 2006. And I enjoy beer, golf, MLB, NHL, and the NFL. My handles on IG are:

@fallensaberphotography

@runningforthefallen

@beer_and_sports52

Edited by FallenSaber

SoCalJoe

Livin that San Diego Life

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I do some youtube, tik tok and Instagram content. eveythig is @DgtaylorGolf 

https://linktr.ee/Dgtaylorgolf

WITB

Driver TSI 3 Ventus TR Blue 6 X

3 Wood TS 2 13.5 Ventus TR Blue 6 X

5 wood TS 2 18 Ventus TR Blue 6 X

4-6 620 CB DG s300

7-PW 620 MB DG s300

Vokey sm 9 50, 55, 60 DG s300

Scotty Camron X5 Garsen Quad Tour 

That's great to hear that you've started creating content on Instagram and TikTok! It can be a fun and rewarding experience. As for tips and tricks to grow your audience, here are a few suggestions:

Consistency: Regularly post new content to keep your followers engaged and attract new ones.

Engage with your audience: Respond to comments and messages, and interact with other golf content creators and enthusiasts to build connections.

Variety in content: Besides door instructional videos, consider sharing behind-the-scenes moments, course reviews, trick shots, or funny golf-related content to keep your audience entertained.

Hey man, we do a lot of content creating for our golf brand, KEA Golf, you should check our stuff out at, www.keagolf.store. But anyway, we have made tons of reels and what not across our social media platforms and while there are people that say there is a method to the madness, I'm not buying it. Stuff we expect to crush it might only get a few hundred or a thousand views while others that we dont expect much from get ten thousand views. Who knows and who cares, as long as you are enjoying the process that's all that matters. Best of luck with your stuff and hit em straight!