Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How do you mark your ball (not ball marker)?

Green dot to the right of the number and green smiley face in the empty section.  

54530AF2-5DF2-4E26-906C-930320313266.JPG

034D6183-8756-4CCA-82AB-979CBC0DE85D.JPG

• Driver-  Ping G410 Plus 9*
  • Fairway- Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3 Wood 16.5*
  • Hybrid- Tour Edge Hot Launch C521 19* & 22* 
  • Irons-PXG 0211 DC, 5-GW
  • Wedges-  Sub70 286 54* & Sub70 JB 58*
  • Putter- Ping Sigma G Tyne (Superstroke grip)
  • Ball- Snell MTB-X Maxfli Tour X
  • Grips- Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize
  • Bag- Ping Hoofer USA Edition 
  • Arccos 
37 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Is this because you miss the Chicago **** flakes out there in the AZ desert? 

***USER 'GolfSpy_BOS' BAN.EXE***

>Execute?

>Y

>USER 'GolfSpy_BOS' HAS BEEN BANNED

>

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I put a blue circle around the number, all the guys I golf with know my mark so if they find one that I lost  they give it back. We were on a golf trip ,the group ahead of us was with us. I found 3 prov1xs, every one was from the group ahead of us. He had his company logo on them so I gave them back, so it pays to mark your ball.

Frank musolino 

I normally just put a little JD for my initials. Nothing crazy... I'll get a photo and post it later today!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Dotz Skullmania , unfortunately have just used my last ones and they no longer deliver to Scotland ☹️  

IMG_20220409_072411.jpg

Srixon ZX7 Driver Hazardous Smoke Stiff Shaft 

Titleist TSR 15* Fairway wood , Diamana Blue Stiff Shaft 

Srixon ZX , 5 Wood , Hazardous Smoke Reg Shaft

Titleist TSR 21* Hybrid Diamana Blue Stiff Shaft

Taylormade P770 5-A Wedge Irons , KBS Tour Stiff Shafts

Cleveland RTX 5 Zipcore  Wedges 54* & 58* DG Spinner Shafts

Tayormade Spider X Blue Putter

Titleist 14 Way Sta Dry Stand / Carry Bag

Srixon Z Star Xv Ball Yellow

Different ways actually. I just bought a dozen AVX balls yesterday and marked each of them with a purple sharpie by coloring three dots on each side of the ball right under the number. That should be my last markings for a while though; I bought four-dozen Pro V1s with my name on them. Whenever Titleist gets around to shipping them.

Sadly, very few I play with mark their balls... or play with the same ball each round. I use a single dot under the number and a line off both end of the model but also don't use the line for putting like the OP stated. I like the line for the visibility when identifying my ball from a distance. I rotate between three color Sharpies so I usually have the same number Pro v1 with a red, green, and blue dot and line in my bag, in play, and as a Provisional, if needed.

• TaylorMade Stealth2+ 9° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 5-S
  • TaylorMade M5 15° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 6-S
  • Callaway CF-18 18° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
  • Srixon 4-AW Nippon Modus 3 105 R
  • Cleveland ZipCore 54° Mid and 58° Mid DG Spinner
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 35"
  • Titleist Pro V1
  • Arccos Gen 3 sensors

Easy. I use and buy golfdotz. Check out their website. They sell great decals to stick on your golf balls. I use the Swedish flag or the Bald Eagle.

All Taylor Made clubs except I got Srixon 585 irons. Buy new TM driver every year. 

I'm an engineer that plays golf.  I decided long ago to mark my balls with a blue Pi, some think it's a double TT, but it's the symbol for Pi.  Two vertical lines with a horizonal line on top.  My goal is to shoot 3.14 on each hole🤪🤔.  That would be a nifty score!

Dave Mueller

I mark two balls when play starts, One I put an orange dot beside the number and a line on each side of the writing on the side of the ball.  The second ball I mark with 2 orange dots and the lines on the side of the ball.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Driver

:callaway-small: Mavrik Three wood

:taylormade-small: M2 Hybrids 3, 4 & 5

:taylormade-small: R7 irons 5 - AW

Volkey sand wedge

David Musty putter

Retired educator who loves this game.  It is challenging and a game of integrity.

I use a yellow ball, and use a Check-n-Go in red Sharpie, to get the "equator line" on the ball. Takes a little time to do a box, but in my mind, I feel it helps my game. I use it on the tee, and on the green for alignment. I don't get anal about the alignment, and change it 3-4 times, especially on the green. I just line it up in the basic direction, and play away. Easily identifiable from a short distance on the fairway, as I show my playing partners my ball on the first tee. Does it help my game? Maybe! At least, again "in my mind", I have done something for my game that takes away any question or doubt about equipment I am using, as I am a high capper. Confidence in my equipment is paramount to me, so I can enjoy my game. 

Driver-Ping g410 SFT, 3W-Callaway Diablo Octane, Hybrids-Snake Eyes Viper 18*+ 21*, Irons-GigaGolf Reva Hybrid Irons 24*- 46*, Wedges-Cleveland CBX2's 50*54*58*, Putter-Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11c

I draw a smiley face in blank space. Its supposed to remind me that I'm having fun. Too often i find myself wanting to wipe the smile of the balls stupid..smug face. 🤣 

Does a FIR care WHICH fairway its in?

:PXG: Gen 5 - MCA Diamana S+ 60g - S

:PXG: 0211 3W MCA Tensei AV Raw Blue Hybrid 75 - S,

:PXG: 0211 22 Hybrid MCA Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 - S

:PXG: 6i - Pw - V2 Elevate Tour S

:cleveland-small: CBX2 54, 58

:PXG: Gunboat

As a homage to my geeky days being an Amateur Radio operator when I was a kid, I draw a line and 3 dots under the brand name on the ball. I've never seen anyone else use morse code on their ball 📻

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball

Well I do and don't do somethings. First I hit a Titleist Pro Soft ball. I really like the ball for my swing speed and game, luckily nobody else seems to hit that style of ball so the gives me pretty good isolation. Secondly, I do not place any marks on my ball because everyone else does. Thirdly, I am left handed so usually my ball is on the other side of the fairway from everyone else. 

In my  PING  DLX cart bag:

·         Driver:  PING G425 Max

·         Wood:  PING G425 Max 5 wood

·         Irons:  PING I500

·         Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy 50, 52, 56, 60

·         Putter:  Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

·         Balls:  Titleist Tour Soft

a Triangle of red spots on each side of the name (4 in total), with the point facing out.  Unique at my club.  I also buy dozens and mixes, so I can pull out a sleeve and guarantee they have different numbers

Even with a correctly identified mark, I ONCE played a wrong ball - a previously-lost one of mine picked up by another competitor, and used on the same day! Spotted it when I realised I hadn't been playing that number

Current Bag(s)

• Mizuno ST-X 230 Dr (Mitsubishi Kai'Li Blue 60R)
  • Mizuno ST-X 220 4H, 5W, 3W (Aldila Ascent 50 R)
  • Mizuno JPX-921 4i-PW, S22 50/08 T22 55, 60 (Modus 105 R)
  • Odyssey Strokelab Double Width Triple Track 
  • Chromesoft Triple Track or Supersoft

I play Pro V1X in the number 00. I add a red number 7. Also add my initials “R2” in blue to the alignment line.

TSR2  9* Ventus Velocore Blue 6S

TRS2 15* Ventus Velocore Red 7S

TS 21* Diamana BF 80S

TSI 23* Ventus HB 8S

Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 PX 6.0

Vokey SM6 Raw 48F/SM8 50F/56M/60M

SC X Fantom 5

Vessel Player 14 2.0

for fun, no mark. If I ever play competitively, I use a blue marker put a dot on either side of the number, then a blue line on both sides. As a teenager, I'd draw dirty things, but now not so much.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

I write a 7 in front of the number to remind myself that I want to shoot in the 70's.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter