TESTERS WANTED! ×

TRUE linkswear Stealth - Review

GolfSpy Tim

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell why I need these. Well, golf shoes are the only shoes I have worn for the past couple of months. I golf everyday so I bought some Ashworth Cardiffs and that is all I wear, I can do a great review of them because I will wear them everywhere I go. Which in all honest is not very many places.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

For me comfort always starts from my feet, whether it's golf or other everyday activities.

I tried these on at a local store, and my gosh, they were comfortable. Couldn't get one for myself since just got a new pair of Ecco Streets, but would love to get a pair of TRUEs.... Count me in for the drawing, please!

D: Ping G400 Max, MRC Tensei Pro Orange 60 TX

3+w: Callaway Rogue, Aldila Synergy 60 S

3H, 4H: TBD

5i: MP18 Fli-hi, 6i-8i: MP18 SC, 9i-PW: MP18, MRC OTi 100 S

50, 55, 60: Edel 

give me a pair of true linkswear please, i have yet found a shoe that works as well as the Nike Frees for me. but the nike frees have no spikes so these might be better option to save my game and my feet

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

great review

We are going on a golfing holiday to New Zealand later this year so what a great opportunity to show off our new shoes and let golfers in NZ se how good the product is.

Harry

Excited to announce our winners (selected blindly at random by my mom!)

David11690

The Artful Duffer

Congrats to you both! I will be sending pm's for details.

We hope you enjoy your TRUE linkswear as much as we have.

Congrats!!!!

D: Ping G400 Max, MRC Tensei Pro Orange 60 TX

3+w: Callaway Rogue, Aldila Synergy 60 S

3H, 4H: TBD

5i: MP18 Fli-hi, 6i-8i: MP18 SC, 9i-PW: MP18, MRC OTi 100 S

50, 55, 60: Edel 

Lucky guys! Congrats, you'll love 'em!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

So excited, can't wait for the shoes to get here. Hopefully arrive just in time for my annual trip first weekend in June, my thoughts and reviews to follow. Thanks again True Linkswear and MGS.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Been wearing last year's Tours -- really, really comfy. Hope you like 'em!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The shoes arrived yesterday. Hoping to get a chance to break them in over the weekend or sooner if I can skip out of work early tomorrow.

I will continue to promote Truelinkswear shoe company...... No other shoe company made a golf shoe like this ever! The comfort is second to none. At first they look a little different but once you play your first round you'll see why they are becoming the best New shoe for golf and just walking around in and feeling total comfort.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Finally got a chance to at least try them on. Everyone's comments on the comfort level didn't do them justice. The girlfriend finally told me to take them off as I've just worn them around the house all afternoon.

EDIT:

Oh sweet mother. Finally got to swing the clubs with the True Tours on my feet. I have officially been ruined for every other shoe out there. I love my adidas Powerband S but I have never had something feel this good on my feet. I was a little concerned about how the traction would be but that was quickly tossed aside. I'm a believer and I'm going to push these at every person I know. When something really works you can't keep it to yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

Yay, My pair of Trues arrived today as I was the other lucky member to win a pair. First, I would like to say TRUE is a stand up company as the first pair was stolen from the front of my house and after a couple of weeks I realized since I had been checking both doors my Trues had not arrived. Second, I notified Tim,(@ Golfspy)that I had not received the shoes. Tim notified Cody at True and Cody worked with FedEx. Third, I do not know if FedEx replaced the shoes or True replaced them but they arrived today and I wore them the rest of the day in the house. Definetly, the shoes are comfy and I can not wait till this weekend so I can try them on the course. Finally, while looking the shoes over you can really see that this is a U.S.A made product and for that my friends makes we want to buy another pair. In the coming weeks I will play with the shoes on and will repost.

Again, Thank you True and Cody as this is the first prize I have ever won and I started to think some dirt bag stole my thunder.

Taylormade Tour MB Irons 4-pw

Taylormade R11s driver

Taylormade Rocketballs 3 hybrid

Taylormade R7 3wood

Ping S & U wedge

tri-ball putter

• SPY VIP

I just received a pair of True Stealth's yesterday. I was going to wear them out for my Tuesday night league, but since it was pouring (and we can't cancel any more league dates...already missed 4), I decided to wear a pair of "traditional" golf shoes that I don't mind soaking the hell out of.

A few quick observations about the Stealth's, and the 2012 TRUE linkswear lineup in general.

• TRUE has done what I think is an outstanding job creating appropriate distinctions (both in terms of performance and price) between the 3 shoes in the 2012 Lineup. I understand not everybody is fan of the phx, but I maintain that's it's very hard to do much better for under $100. The Tour (though I haven't seen this year's model), is incrementally better in terms of comfort, and materials. The Stealth, based on the 10 minutes I spent stomping around my house yesterday, is incrementally better still. $50 really does feel like an appropriate upgrade charge from one model to the next.
  • Sizing runs a half size larger than last year's. My phx are 9.5 (same as last year's Tours) and they're definitely a little floppy. I didn't really noticed right away (slightly large shoes are less apparent that slightly small ones), but I probably should have downsized the phx. I ordered the Stealth in a 9, and they're perfect (incidentally, my standard shoe sizes is a 9.5)
  • Hopping back to my first point, the Stealth are quite obviously made from a higher quality leather...actually everything about it has a more high-end look and feel than the Tours. That said, I'll probably pick up a replacement for my Tours soon, although a pair of white Stealth (I got black this time around), is an intriguing option as well.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I just received a pair of True Stealth's yesterday. I was going to wear them out for my Tuesday night league, but since it was pouring (and we can't cancel any more league dates...already missed 4), I decided to wear a pair of "traditional" golf shoes that I don't mind soaking the hell out of.

A few quick observations about the Stealth's, and the 2012 TRUE linkswear lineup in general.

• TRUE has done what I think is an outstanding job creating appropriate distinctions (both in terms of performance and price) between the 3 shoes in the 2012 Lineup. I understand not everybody is fan of the phx, but I maintain that's it's very hard to do much better for under $100. The Tour (though I haven't seen this year's model), is incrementally better in terms of comfort, and materials. The Stealth, based on the 10 minutes I spent stomping around my house yesterday, is incrementally better still. $50 really does feel like an appropriate upgrade charge from one model to the next.
  • Sizing runs a half size larger than last year's. My phx are 9.5 (same as last year's Tours) and they're definitely a little floppy. I didn't really noticed right away (slightly large shoes are less apparent that slightly small ones), but I probably should have downsized the phx. I ordered the Stealth in a 9, and they're perfect (incidentally, my standard shoe sizes is a 9.5)
  • Hopping back to my first point, the Stealth are quite obviously made from a higher quality leather...actually everything about it has a more high-end look and feel than the Tours. That said, I'll probably pick up a replacement for my Tours soon, although a pair of white Stealth (I got black this time around), is an intriguing option as well.

Right on about the size differences. I have last year's Tours in 11 and they have a nice, snug fit. This year's PHX in 11 are noticeably larger. A 10.5 would probably have been right on for me. And while there is a comfort gap between last year's Tours and the PHX - the PHC is still a pretty dandy shoe for $100. Hunt on line and you can find last year's Tours for under $80...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived