Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

Putter head

Christof

Good day

My question is what is the difference between half moon putters and I don't know the name correctly the model with wings. I have the Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth -Taylormade Redline Monte Carlo, When I bought my golf set I chose the ping putter, I have a putter mat at home and have arrived at the golf club a few times without a putter. When I started playing golf I got at the club a P a 7 and a putter and the putter was a half-moon model, I don't remember the model, I was happy with it though, from Inesis also went to test and half-moon model was interesting out of 3. To have a putter at home I bought the Taylormade Redline Monte Carlo was 105€, I took the putter is to the club for longer putts and stayed in my bag. The Ping and Taylermade are all face balanced, I find the taylermade more enjoyable putting. Is just the difference that weight is more from the back centre instead of the side? or it to do with the grip? I putt with the pen grip.

Can you remove the Ping putter grip with a Spring Rod Grip Remover?

Christof

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth -Taylormade Redline Monte Carlo.jpg

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth, Taylormade Redline Monte Carlo .jpg

:taylormade-small:Redline Monte Carlo, Face Balanced, Grip:garsen: max

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

:wilson_staff_small: D9: 5 en PW; KBS Max Ultralight steel

:taylormade-small: Stealth F.W.7 21° and F.W.3 15° ventus red 5 regular

:taylormade-small: TP5: :vice: Pro plus

Garmin: Vivoactive 4

:nike-small: Air max 90

11 hours ago, Christof said:

Good day

My question is what is the difference between half moon putters and I don't know the name correctly the model with wings. I have the Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth -Taylormade Redline Monte Carlo, When I bought my golf set I chose the ping putter, I have a putter mat at home and have arrived at the golf club a few times without a putter. When I started playing golf I got at the club a P a 7 and a putter and the putter was a half-moon model, I don't remember the model, I was happy with it though, from Inesis also went to test and half-moon model was interesting out of 3. To have a putter at home I bought the Taylormade Redline Monte Carlo was 105€, I took the putter is to the club for longer putts and stayed in my bag. The Ping and Taylermade are all face balanced, I find the taylermade more enjoyable putting. Is just the difference that weight is more from the back centre instead of the side? or it to do with the grip? I putt with the pen grip.

Can you remove the Ping putter grip with a Spring Rod Grip Remover?  

What you are calling a half moon putter is typically referred to a a mid mallet and the model with wings is often referred to a a #7 style.  often the reference is to the original model such as 8802 style, anser style, etc.   The odyssey #7 was the putter that popularized that style.   

People pick putters to help accomplish core putting skills:  Aim, startline, and distance control.   Often the head shape influences how the player aims the putter.  The design and weight of the putter influence how fast it rotates during the stroke.  Having the correct rotation impacts how well you can start the putter on your intended line.    How you grip the putter is up to you and doesn't really tie to what putter you should use.     

I don't see why you couldn't remove the grip with a grip remover;  the tool does caveat that it doesn't work well with Winn grips.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hey Cnosil
Okay of those models I didn't know at all, with the reference.

Maybe put a narrower grip on the Ping, maybe something more like on the Taylermade, is see what that gives, now that it will stay outside longer light and the weather will get better, I won't use the putter mat as much. Still is looking at it because crazy costs I'm not going to do.

Thanks for the good explanation.
Christof

:taylormade-small:Redline Monte Carlo, Face Balanced, Grip:garsen: max

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

:wilson_staff_small: D9: 5 en PW; KBS Max Ultralight steel

:taylormade-small: Stealth F.W.7 21° and F.W.3 15° ventus red 5 regular

:taylormade-small: TP5: :vice: Pro plus

Garmin: Vivoactive 4

:nike-small: Air max 90