Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Callaway RAZR Fit Tour Authentic driver

jonyim

How much more for this version than the standard?

For me (a tinkerer), I love the additional options. Now, Callaway, JUST MAKE THE DAMN TIPS AVAILABLE!!!!

I saw it on pre-order from golfdiscount.com for $499, so it's up there with the R11s TP.

Volume: 458cc

Shaft: Project X Black

Grip: Black/Gree Golf Pride New Decade

Face Angle: Adjustable

Lie Angle: 57°

Length: 45.5"

Swingweight: D7

Total Club Weight (Stiff): 325g

No idea if the shaft is a made for or not, but at that price I hope it isn't. Still, this is by far Callaway's nicest looking driver yet.

I've had mine for about a week and half- nice upgrade from the fit- just hoped that this would've been the original fit driver like they planned last fall. Razr fit tips should be able first week of may. I also like the black face on the TA version better than original, little sleeker. And the green is an upgrade from the red IMHO as well.

I've had mine for about a week and half- nice upgrade from the fit- just hoped that this would've been the original fit driver like they planned last fall. Razr fit tips should be able first week of may. I also like the black face on the TA version better than original, little sleeker. And the green is an upgrade from the red IMHO as well.

So the green is standard on the Tour Authentic model? Hmmm....not my favorite, but tolerable I guess. Outside of the color of the face, is the head any different than the standard one?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

How much more for this version than the standard?

For me (a tinkerer), I love the additional options. Now, Callaway, JUST MAKE THE DAMN TIPS AVAILABLE!!!!

$24.99 from Golf Works starting in Mid May

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Edit: Mine is the old (March 2012 :P) original Razr Fit before the custom color options. Chrome face with red accents.

This looks really cool. I like the head cover better than the one on mine. Mine is a beast. Totally awesome driver. The finest driver I have ever hit.

I have mine set up to the 2.5 degree open position, I have replaced the grip and put 5 wraps of tape under the left hand and 7 under the right and adjusted the weights to hit a draw. I can hit this as hard as I want and do not fear the hook or slice. It pretty much had either a 5 yard draw or 5 yard fade depending on how I set up. Totally awesome. It was pretty neat to set up the face to hit a fade and the weights to hit a draw.

I went from the iron and putting guy on the scramble team to the long in the fairway guy and iron and putting guy. There are guys that hit it much longer than me, but usually not in the right direction. I am always the fall back guy and still really deep. Of course this frees up the others to really go after the lower precentage line of attack. It has worked great also.

But this is a truely great driver and with this color change concept I think Cally has a double winner. And a better shade of green than the RBZ.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I really like the headcover, the weights, the hosel system and the driver shaft, grip and head. Not so much a fan of the PVD finish. (I personally prefer the black crown, silver face on the standard model) Anyone know if there will be weight kits for the standard and Tour Authentic driver that will be sold seperately? Also anyone know where I can get that double cog hosel?

I have to agree with about half of you guys. I love the club and everything that comes with it. I'm just not a fan of the green. If it was black it would be perfect.

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Unfortunately, not offered in a left-handed version.

Driver: Cleveland Classic Custom 9 degrees with Matrix Black Tie Stiff Shaft

3 Wood: Nike VR Pro Limited edition with Diamana Ahina X-stiff shaft

3 hybrid: Adams A12 pro (20 degrees) with RIP X-stiff shaft

4-PW: Titleist AP2 with True Tember Dynamic Gold X-300 shaft

52 degree wedge: Cleveland CG15

56 degree Wedge: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled

60 degree wedge: Cleveland 588 forged

Putter: Edel custom with Flatso mid grip

Unfortunately, not offered in a left-handed version.

Sometimes I feel bad for lefties, but then I look at the clearance section in stores and online where you guys have huge amount of choice at a far cheaper price.

I buy my son's gear from the LH clearance at US Kids and pay only a fraction of the original price, it's great.

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to try this Callaway Razr Fit Tour Authentic. I wonder if Callaway would be nice enough to send me that same set up jonyim has? LOL.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472