great big bertha pitching wedge which is a 44 degree, I hit it 100 - 105 yards

Great big bertha approach wedge which is 49 degree, I hit 70 to 80 yards

What wedge is available for 90 yards.?

Driver Paradym X 9.5

Great Big Bertha fairway woods 3,5,7,9

Great Big Bertha Irons 6-Approach Wedge

Cobra Snakebite Wedges 52 and 56 Degree

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter

Get another 49 with the same shaft and have it bent to 46 and give it a shot. 

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (UST Mimaya MP5 40-L Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

get another wedge that goes 90 yards (could be any other wedge), as stated above get another big bertha PW and try to bend to loft that carries 90 yards, or just choke down about an inch or inch and a half on your PW. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

What do you do for 60 yards?  50 yards?  Do you take a little off your Approach wedge?  Maybe just a slightly shorter swing than normal?  Maybe choke down on the AW as @cnosil suggests? Do just the same with your pitching wedge for 90 yards.  It'll take just a little practice to become reasonably proficient.  

Any advice you get here, including mine, will be making some kind of assumption about the rest of your clubs.  If you currently only have 12 or 13 clubs, go ahead and find a club to add to the mix.  If you're playing with 14 clubs now, you have to decide if you can take a club out of your current set, if its worth losing that club in order to gain a club to fill that 90-yard range.  If you like the rest of your set as it is, you'll need to work on that partial shot to fill that yardage gap.

Edited by DaveP043

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Learn to choke down and take different swing with wedges. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Sounds like what you need is a 47° wedge. And you are right,,major distributors do not carry or even offer this wedge. I suggest that you go to a specialty club maker (usually local) and get it made just for you. And as previously mentioned, you need to evaluate what club you want to leave home,,,14 is the limit

On 3/31/2023 at 5:30 PM, jimhack said:

Pick up a specialty wedge at 46*. Should fill your gap, or learn to hit a knockdown with your 44*...

Driver-Ping g410 SFT, 3W-Callaway Diablo Octane, Hybrids-Snake Eyes Viper 18*+ 21*, Irons-GigaGolf Reva Hybrid Irons 24*- 46*, Wedges-Cleveland CBX2's 50*54*58*, Putter-Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11c

On 4/1/2023 at 6:25 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Learn to choke down and take different swing with wedges. 

I am all in on this suggestion. Choke down an inch or a little more and swing naturally. Not only will this take some distance off, but it is the first step towards learning to flight your irons.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

12 hours ago, Beakbryce said:

I am all in on this suggestion. Choke down an inch or a little more and swing naturally. Not only will this take some distance off, but it is the first step towards learning to flight your irons.

Bingo - it’s why my gap wedge has become one of the most versatile clubs in my bag. 

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

appreciate all the comments.  I have tried choking down on PW but then I tend to hit it much shorter lol.  I guess I just need to go out and work on the choke down more.  Also like the idea of buying a second PW and changing it to 46 degrees. 

All helpful comments.  Thanks

Driver Paradym X 9.5

Great Big Bertha fairway woods 3,5,7,9

Great Big Bertha Irons 6-Approach Wedge

Cobra Snakebite Wedges 52 and 56 Degree

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter

I can't believe we are still talking about this. You have to use your imagination on a lot of golf shots. This is one of them. If you are not buying a club to fill the gap, then figure out how to use one your current clubs to fill this need, with a made up shot, using your imagination. Choke down, or swing harder on another club, to fill that gap. A little practice at the range would help with this. What do you do for 20 yard chips? I don't have an exact distance club for this shot, so I have to "make it up", using my imagination, with some learned golf skill mixed in. This is golf! 

Driver-Ping g410 SFT, 3W-Callaway Diablo Octane, Hybrids-Snake Eyes Viper 18*+ 21*, Irons-GigaGolf Reva Hybrid Irons 24*- 46*, Wedges-Cleveland CBX2's 50*54*58*, Putter-Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11c

That seems like a very wide range for 2 clubs separated by 5*.  I have 45*, 50* and 54* and get a difference of about 12 yards (110, 98, 85).  For each of my 3 wedges I use both full swings and ~3/4 swings to get ~85, 72, 60.  Same swing and feel for each and they give me the right range and trajectory.  I’ve never had the need, but could do a 3/4 swing with a 9i and get around 90 yds. As others have suggested, choke down to fill in a gap.  I’ve done it a couple times successfully but prefer the feel and accuracy of a 3/4 swing.  When I practice or warm up to play, the first 8-10 shots are with 1 wedge at 3/4.  Doesn’t matter which one. For me it’s a nice lead in to using good mechanics for whatever other clubs I plan to hit. 

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

On 3/31/2023 at 7:30 PM, jimhack said:

Have you confirmed the lofts are accurate or are you just pulling that information from the website? Worth taking to a fitter or pro shop with the tools to properly determine loft. You might find that one of those wedges is out of spec. Club length could also be a factor if one of the clubs is longer or shorter than it "should be". 

I do agree with others about choking down and learning to fill those gaps with the swing as well though. My set goes straight from a 47* PW to a 54* SW and it was very much intentional. I used to have a 50* GW that created too much overlap and confusion about which club to use. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour