Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Callaway Razr Fit Real Results

RoverRick

lol, I am long winded I'll try to make my previous posts the cliff note version.

TM is a marketing beast, they are the best at it not arguing that at all.

Callaway is trying to portray them selves as 'the honest company you can trust' with showing their equipment won't fit everyone.

This is a bias bulls*** statement and anything close to it is the same '{company here, example: TM} makes the best products'. My reaction 100% of the time regardless of what company they say... 'Oh, I assume that you have proof that {company here} makes the best product for ALL golfers'.

No one Company and one product will fit and work for ALL golfers it is not possible we wouldn't have different models and companies if that were true. I try to tell everyone to be open minded and just try things, what works is what works.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Marketing is creating buzz and making people familiar with your product, TM does it best, they spend the most, and they lead the pack..it's just that simple.

++++ What amazes me it that among all the sports I have played (baseball, football, hockey, golf) or become very aware of through being a coach for my kids or fan (NASCAR, basketball, softball, lacrosse), while I find golfers to be the most intelligent and educated participants, for some reason their intelligence, logic, and powers of reason go right out the window when it comes to their equipment. Can you envision TaylorMade getting into baseball?? Our new oak/maple/birch hybrid bat will give you 20 feet of additional carry, and 4mph greater ball speed and increase your home runs and batting average by 10%!! Our new triple woven polymorphic baseball glove will reduce friction by 25% reducing the number of errors, and keeping those balls that pop out of the heel of you glove. No one would buy such bs, but golfers seem to swallow almost every new campaign that comes along.

++++ What amazes me it that among all the sports I have played (baseball, football, hockey, golf) or become very aware of through being a coach for my kids or fan (NASCAR, basketball, softball, lacrosse), while I find golfers to be the most intelligent and educated participants, for some reason their intelligence, logic, and powers of reason go right out the window when it comes to their equipment. Can you envision TaylorMade getting into baseball?? Our new oak/maple/birch hybrid bat will give you 20 feet of additional carry, and 4mph greater ball speed and increase your home runs and batting average by 10%!! Our new triple woven polymorphic baseball glove will reduce friction by 25% reducing the number of errors, and keeping those balls that pop out of the heel of you glove. No one would buy such bs, but golfers seem to swallow almost every new campaign that comes along.

Hahaha...so true. But here's an interesting counter (?) point: despite the fact that new basketball shoes (for example) do not really promise improved performance, every kid still wants them. Does this mean they are more or less susceptible to marketing bs, or is it just different? Golf equipment actually can make your game better, if it's a better fit...but maybe I'm just rationalizing. :)

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Hahaha...so true. But here's an interesting counter (?) point: despite the fact that new basketball shoes (for example) do not really promise improved performance, every kid still wants them. Does this mean they are more or less susceptible to marketing bs, or is it just different? Golf equipment actually can make your game better, if it's a better fit...but maybe I'm just rationalizing. :)

I think it's a bit different for basketball, as well as other sports. Basketball shoes are kids identifying with "their guy." NASCAR fans are known for fanatic loyalty to sponsors, I would sooner die of thirst than drink Coke, or let my engine seize before anything but Quaker State goes into our cars and I needed several XXXX XXXs before I reluctantly allowed my wife to buy a Ford since Satan (aka Roush Racing) uses Fords. Golfers actually believe this stuff will help them. Look at my reaction to finding a Flightscope at the Nike Speed Trial......kids in candy stores have more self-control. I KNOW this stuff is mainly bogus, but I fall for it more often than not.

Talked to three people at my club that had the R11s drivers. All of them said they just walked in and bought it, did not even hit it at the store. They had just heard how great it was and had to have it. Wow.... I asked each if they had thought about getting fit, and they said no, why pay more, it has a great shaft in it.:blink: :o

I said they were right. It is a great drive and shaft. My lawyer once told me that only a fool will argue with a drunk so I ordered another beer.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I said they were right. It is a great drive and shaft. My lawyer once told me that only a fool will argue with a drunk so I ordered another beer.

My Dad used to say argue with a fool and there's two fools arguing! He also used to question my legitimate place as his heir :blink:

Wasn't it Keds that used to promise you could run faster and jump higher? If you're old enough to remember that....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Talked to three people at my club that had the R11s drivers. All of them said they just walked in and bought it, did not even hit it at the store. They had just heard how great it was and had to have it. Wow.... I asked each if they had thought about getting fit, and they said no, why pay more, it has a great shaft in it.:blink: :o

LOL, you have no idea how many times I have seen this happen in the PGA Superstore in Myrtle Beach near Broadway when I lived down there. People walk in ask for something in a flex then walk to the counter, no fitting, no trying anything just grab it and go. That place had 4 freaking launch monitors (3 RH, 1 LH) Plus 2 more for lessons and fittings.

The people that would try different things sometimes when an employee would ask them to hit say Adams you would hear 'Adams!? Why would I hit that I only play TaylorMade.', That is what really jaw drooped me, you are testing things but won't try but one company WTH!? First time I heard that I looked at the guy and thought 'wow, and your brain is the size of an ant'.

I never really bothered to ask most people in their that had that mentality if they would do a fitting or get aftermarket shafts, I had seen and heard enough to know the answer to the question. No, either too expensive or just didn't care a flex and club brand / model was good enough for them.

It truly is a sad thing, the amount of tools out there that will fit you for free if you buy clubs with them or $20 to $50 depending on the level of fitting if you do not I don't see how that is too expensive. I think more men spend more then $20 to $50 in a 'gentlemen's club' and bars on golf vacations with their guy friends :)

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

LOL, you have no idea how many times I have seen this happen in the PGA Superstore in Myrtle Beach near Broadway when I lived down there. People walk in ask for something in a flex then walk to the counter, no fitting, no trying anything just grab it and go. That place had 4 freaking launch monitors (3 RH, 1 LH) Plus 2 more for lessons and fittings.

The people that would try different things sometimes when an employee would ask them to hit say Adams you would hear 'Adams!? Why would I hit that I only play TaylorMade.', That is what really jaw drooped me, you are testing things but won't try but one company WTH!? First time I heard that I looked at the guy and thought 'wow, and your brain is the size of an ant'.

I never really bothered to ask most people in their that had that mentality if they would do a fitting or get aftermarket shafts, I had seen and heard enough to know the answer to the question. No, either too expensive or just didn't care a flex and club brand / model was good enough for them.

It truly is a sad thing, the amount of tools out there that will fit you for free if you buy clubs with them or $20 to $50 depending on the level of fitting if you do not I don't see how that is too expensive. I think more men spend more then $20 to $50 in a 'gentlemen's club' and bars on golf vacations with their guy friends :)

Rut-Roh....let's not introduce the concept of "gentlemen's clubs" into golf. Remember, our wives (SO's, etc) can read this stuff just as well as we can. :P

My bad, I'm not married... yet... Just figured I would crack the joke is all :)

I can never go to a Gentleman's club again. Went to one in the Army, that turned out to be a cross dressing club. I paid for a table dance for a friend and when he figured out what was up, well, let's just say I never want to be in the position to recieve a payback. This guy is now a State Trooper in Pennsyvania so I can not go to that state either. :rolleyes:

I went in to the local GG the other day and saw a TON of white drivers. You guys hit the nail on the head when you said people just walk in and grab it off the shelf and bring it to the register. It's a joke.

We had our first demo day of the year this past weekend at my facility and it was Callaway only. We sold a TON of stuff even though the weather was atrocious and not conducive to selling clubs and people loved the FIT. What surprised me the most was how many people loved the RAZR Black or RAZR X Black wtf they're called fairway woods. People loved them, especially the 4 wood. I'm of the opinion most people need to play a 4 instead of the standard 3 / 5 anyway.

We have TaylorMade this Sunday, so it'll be interesting to compare peoples' opinions between the two. I'm sure we'll have some repeat customers.

I went in to the local GG the other day and saw a TON of white drivers. You guys hit the nail on the head when you said people just walk in and grab it off the shelf and bring it to the register. It's a joke.

We had our first demo day of the year this past weekend at my facility and it was Callaway only. We sold a TON of stuff even though the weather was atrocious and not conducive to selling clubs and people loved the FIT. What surprised me the most was how many people loved the RAZR Black or RAZR X Black wtf they're called fairway woods. People loved them, especially the 4 wood. I'm of the opinion most people need to play a 4 instead of the standard 3 / 5 anyway.

We have TaylorMade this Sunday, so it'll be interesting to compare peoples' opinions between the two. I'm sure we'll have some repeat customers.

I was reading this and thinking of the guy that I played with yesterday. He was there with his new RBZ driver. Had he been custom fit? No. Did he at least hit some balls on the monitor? No. Did he at least swing it first to see how it felt? No. He had his wife pick one up while she was shopping.

However, I am not much better, I bought Mizuno MP62 heads on the internet (not a scratch on them by the way) and had never hit a Mizuno iron in my life.

I was reading this and thinking of the guy that I played with yesterday. He was there with his new RBZ driver. Had he been custom fit? No. Did he at least hit some balls on the monitor? No. Did he at least swing it first to see how it felt? No. He had his wife pick one up while she was shopping.

However, I am not much better, I bought Mizuno MP62 heads on the internet (not a scratch on them by the way) and had never hit a Mizuno iron in my life.

There is a huge difference. You know if you are contacting too many shots on the heel/toe vs. your existing irons, you may need an adjustment of possibly shafts. The RBZ dude will merely pore through Golf Digest/Golf Channel for the tip of the week. However, the golf ref does give you a minor penalty for this infraction and you are off to the penalty box.

JM, if you are keeping score, this is +1 for Team Shovel. :P

There is a huge difference. You know if you are contacting too many shots on the heel/toe vs. your existing irons, you may need an adjustment of possibly shafts. The RBZ dude will merely pore through Golf Digest/Golf Channel for the tip of the week. However, the golf ref does give you a minor penalty for this infraction and you are off to the penalty box.

JM, if you are keeping score, this is +1 for Team Shovel. :P

Wrong sport, this is just a one stroke penalty because I did order without shafts and did at least pick them out based on launch monitor data.

Wrong sport, this is just a one stroke penalty because I did order without shafts and did at least pick them out based on launch monitor data.

RR,

OK, we will let you off this time, but Team Shovel still gets a point.

not dissing callaway but when i have most of the old timers coming into the store wanting to hit an RBZ and i make them hit a Fit and razr x black most of the numbers are better on the RBZ.

is it a better driver? maybe? but what works for them is the TM i cant argue with the numbers, maybe they look at the white and the green and they feel more powerful. Rocketballz as a name is great placebo effect on distance

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

• 2 weeks later...

not dissing callaway but when i have most of the old timers coming into the store wanting to hit an RBZ and i make them hit a Fit and razr x black most of the numbers are better on the RBZ.

is it a better driver? maybe? but what works for them is the TM i cant argue with the numbers, maybe they look at the white and the green and they feel more powerful. Rocketballz as a name is great placebo effect on distance

great point.

logo.jpg

Email: [email protected]

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Locations in San Diego and Mountain View, California

I don't know why but the white club head just pisses me off. There is just something really annoying about it. But maybe that's just me.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I don't know why but the white club head just pisses me off. There is just something really annoying about it. But maybe that's just me.

The white heads don't bother me much at all. From a marketing perspective, though -- what a great idea. Drivers have been black since Hogan and Nelson were caddies, and all of a sudden they're white? And adjustable? Holy change-up, Batman! Had a similar experience in my "civilian" job...our company makes circulators for heating systems. They've been green since 1950. We recently showed a prototype of a new circulator at a trade show -- it was yellow and black for no other reason than that's what color metal they had when they made it. People were stopping in the freaking aisles of the show to get a look at the new yellow and black circulator. It was crazy, but people had to see it -- it was different and - for a circulator - pretty sexy!

Guess what color the production model is going to be?

My opinion --when you're selling stuff - and performance between you and your competitors is about even - you gotta do something to make it stand apart. TM gets savaged here but the fact is their stuff ain't bad. However, they market better than the others and like it or not - the white heads have been a grand slam home run for their sales department.

Was as the range this evening - saw 3 golfers with white TM drivers. One was a novice, but the other two were clearly single-digit handicappers (if you can make that determination on the range) and were pounding the bejeezus out their R-11's (or Rocketballz). They seemed pleased....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

We have all heralded TMag for marketing and I even said the white head was an awesome idea. You can sit in the bar at my club and see someone teeing off on 6 or a fairway wood on 5 over 600 yards away and see it is a TM. Brilliant!

Are the the best ever? No. Are they pieces of junk? Heck no. They did not get where they are by making an inferior product. However, the Razr Fit and many others are also great products.

Beating up on TM is like not liking the Yankees or the Sox. Or maybe even the Rangers but I still can not believe they will ever even go to the Series let alone win one.

Archived