Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The Chevron Championship 2023

image.png

image.png

image.png

Also known as  "The Dinah Shore", the Chevron Championship moves from Mission Hills this year to The Woodlands, Texas and the Club at Carlton Woods.  This Jack Nicklaus Signature Course just north of Houston will host the elite who's who of LPGA players.  Defending Champion Jennifer Kupcho leads the way at this event that became Women's Golf Major in 1983.  

I already have my ticket for the week - how could I pass up my chance to follow Jin Young Ko, one of my favorite professional golfers, in person (2019 Champion btw)?  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 5:11 PM, Golfspy_TCB said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Also known as  "The Dinah Shore", the Chevron Championship moves from Mission Hills this year to The Woodlands, Texas and the Club at Carlton Woods.  This Jack Nicklaus Signature Course just north of Houston will host the elite who's who of LPGA players.  Defending Champion Jennifer Kupcho leads the way at this event that became Women's Golf Major in 1983.  

I already have my ticket for the week - how could I pass up my chance to follow Jin Young Ko, one of my favorite professional golfers, in person (2019 Champion btw)?

Hope you Spy ladies watch LPGA tournaments on TV and support them in person when you can. You'll learn a lot. This Chevron Championship was great in person. What an exciting playoff finish and then watching winner Lilia Vu choose to carry on the tradition and jump in that cold lake on a cold day! The crowd cheered her on and loved it. The course was in awesome shape.

Chevron_18thGreen.jpg.c948601d094b46af519703d780d547a3.jpg

One new thing I learned with this tournament is a better way to rake a bunker. I watched a Caddie rake it by pushing the rake away from him. He made the smoothest feathered strokes that left the sand perfect. My husband and I were mesmerized watching his care, like watching an artist.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3