TESTERS WANTED! ×

OnCore VERO X2 Golf Ball - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

On 5/3/2023 at 8:31 AM, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

These sound like winners but with Srixon balls still cheaper and last years version even more so it will be a hard pass unless they start doing discounts like other DTCs. 

At $50/dozen full price, these are a tough call. If they were $40/dozen, I think they're a no-brainer. That being said, they do have the double-dozen packs that bring it down to $45/doz and then I think there's another discount for Club Oncore? That part is less clear to me. I know I'm only testing the ball, but it's so clear to compare Maxfli or Vice in terms of pricing (4 doz for $120, 5+1 doz deals with volume pricing, etc).

Performance-wise, I totally get it. These are, without a doubt, Tour-level balls (with the requisite caveat that they are pretty low spin and I'm not sure how these would fare on super firm Tour greens). But price-wise? There's just not an argument to be made on price. They're the same price as Callaway, Taylormade, and Bridgestone and more expensive than Srixon and every other DTC. AFAIK, only Titleist, LA Golf, and Clear are more expensive.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

Got another 18 in today,  really like how this ball comes off the driver.  I think of you are someone that tends to balloon a tee shot,  these are really worth a look.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

On 4/29/2023 at 4:44 PM, Thin2win said:

I didn't feel the same harshness on the scoring clubs in rd1 like @GregGarner. I doubt I was hitting them as pure as the guy who shot 3 under.... so his feel might be better 😃 but I didn't feel anything that made me think of them as harsh.

Are you planning to do any H2H comparison on your LM?  If I recall correctly, you had started a pretty good sized study... a "trust but verify" MGS Ball Lab findings.

@GregGarner, nice round!! 👏

Sounds like the OnCore is a top shelf option with top shelf price.  Performance being on par, penetration into that market would seem really challenging unless it has a stand out attribute.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

8 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Got another 18 in today,  really like how this ball comes off the driver.  I think of you are someone that tends to balloon a tee shot,  these are really worth a look.

100% agree. This ball does a great job of bringing down ball flight and spin. If you're a high-ball hitter and/or struggle with too much spin, the X2 is an excellent option.

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Are you planning to do any H2H comparison on your LM?  If I recall correctly, you had started a pretty good sized study... a "trust but verify" MGS Ball Lab findings.

@GregGarner, nice round!! 👏

Sounds like the OnCore is a top shelf option with top shelf price.  Performance being on par, penetration into that market would seem really challenging unless it has a stand out attribute.

Thanks!

Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)

Tested:

Played this ball again, also played a few others during this 18 and all I can say is really like this ball just don't like the price.  Off the driver it really helps my normal higher launch/higher spin out. Looking into the club, which is $100 you do get 2 boxes plus free shipping and 10% off...but still makes for a premium price.

Edited by Ruger

Driver:   TaylorMade Stealth 10.5*

Wood:     Taylormade Stealth 15*

Irons:      TaylorMade 2021 P790 4-PW / KBS Tour Lite Regular

Wedge:   Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Putter:    TaylorMade Spider GT

Balls:      Testing Several

Other:       Arccos  

Snuck out for 9 this morning before work for some head-to-head action against the Chrome Soft X LS (XLS). I'll tell you what, playing these side by side? I really don't think I would be able to tell the difference if they were unmarked. I can tell that the X2 is less spin off driver and it definitely flies lower, but it's actually got more stopping power than I was giving it credit for into the green. (This morning was very dewy and the greens were firm enough that anything longer than 8i wasn't leaving a ball mark)

Here's 4i into the par 3 3rd. Yellow is X2, Red is XLS:

9i into the 5th, with apologies for the complete lack of grass in the fairway. Also, I take back what I said about 'harsh' feel on scoring clubs. Firm, yes, but not harsh. Turns out I managed to shoot 69 while completely missing the face on scoring irons. The ball marks are pretty hard to see, but they landed at basically the exact same distance relative to the hole (Yellow X2 finished on the right, Red XLS on the left in the bottom pic) and the XLS rolled out an extra 1-2 yards.

PXL_20230505_115359089.jpg.2ec955a9f0c2116db58b51e6a10f37e1.jpg

Driver on the par 5 7th (one of my favorite holes) - this one is really interesting because I thought I absolutely crushed the XLS and the X2 was ho-hum. The XLS was 15 yards shorter. 😳 (FWIW, I'm not sure the XLS tracer picked it up exactly. At the time, the XLS was definitively higher trajectory, but the tracers make it seem like they're identical. Guess I'll need to test more!)

PXL_20230505_120947413.jpg.2d4b17e5d450f77014690d50b65ec54e.jpgPXL_20230505_120919371.jpg.88fffa8232243d3439bb4706d6d298ac.jpg

And last but not least, 5w layup on the par 5 9th. (Layup? ...LAYUP?) Green is pretty inaccessible from where I was in the fairway, but I want to push it down as close as possible. My 5w is built to hit it very high and land very soft, so it's not exactly the best 'chase it down there' club, but the 3w isn't quite as reliable when I need a tight draw. These were struck identically and the X2 finished, again, 15 yards ahead of the XLS. In fact, the XLS was within a couple feet of a pitch mark but there wasn't a pitch mark to be seen near the X2.

Left Dash is next in the testing, probably tomorrow. I'm supposed to play a guy in Round 1 of our club's Match Play tournament, but he hasn't emailed me back... 

What else do you want to know/see??

Edited by GregGarner

Tested:

3 hours ago, GregGarner said:

Are they your new gamer? 🤔 🤐

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Much has been mentioned on the price, and everyones budget is different and where we choose to speed our disposable income also varies.

From the on course and LM numbers I have so far,  the only ball that is really a similar profile to this one,  is left dash.

There isn't anything else,  so the price point on this is right with that.

WITB:

Hey guys, I have been following this thread for the past few weeks now. This is actually my first post on this forum or any golf related forum for that matter. There aren't many reviews or forum posts out there on X2 so it's been awesome to see what you guys have found when testing the ball, so thank you for all the feedback!

I have been currently playing the Vero X1 for the past two seasons and I love it, but I have been always curious about the X2. I tend to hit the high spinny ball on some of my tee shots and I've been looking for a way to lower that flight and spin but still keep all the other same performance features I enjoy with the X1. 

I bought a variety pack from Oncore that had a sleeve of the X2s in it and I was able to try it on a few sim rounds and one round down in Myrtle over the winter. My swing was out of sorts with the 4+ month winter layoff so it wasn't a great test, but I did like what I saw on the sim in the few rounds I played. 

The comments you guys made about how it performs off the driver have really peaked my interest on trying the X2 again! 

On 5/5/2023 at 2:00 AM, Thin2win said:

22 hours ago, GregGarner said:

100% agree. This ball does a great job of bringing down ball flight and spin. If you're a high-ball hitter and/or struggle with too much spin, the X2 is an excellent option.

Thanks!

I also saw a few people have been commenting on the price. Not sure if you guys are aware of this but Oncore typical runs a deal similar to what Srixon does, where you can buy two and get one free around Father's Day, Black Friday and I think maybe even Christmas too. That is time when I usually stock up on my X1s. 

Thanks again for all the awesome feedback, it has really helped me make a decision on this ball. I think I might be stocking up on the X2 this time around! 

Edited by grust26

Srixon_golf_logo.png.727937aee34b85869afd675488fcea72.png ZX7 9* - Project X Evenflow Riptide LX 6.5
Srixon_golf_logo.png.727937aee34b85869afd675488fcea72.png ZX 15* - Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 6.5 Proto
Srixon_golf_logo.png.727937aee34b85869afd675488fcea72.png ZX 18* - Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 6.0
Cleveland_Golf_Logo.svg(1).png.b6cc10c076dbcee3e1c89153bfd813f6.png Launcher Halo Hybrid 4H - Project X Evenflow Riptide MX HYB 6.0
Srixon_golf_logo.png.727937aee34b85869afd675488fcea72.png ZX7 5-PW - Project X LZ 6.0 
Cleveland_Golf_Logo.svg(1).png.b6cc10c076dbcee3e1c89153bfd813f6.png RTX Zipcore 50*, 54*, 60* - Project X LZ 6.0
Cleveland_Golf_Logo.svg(1).png.b6cc10c076dbcee3e1c89153bfd813f6.png Classic Platinum 2 - UST Mamiya All-In 
530-5307088_is-pleased-to-announce-that-two-iconic-names2.png.dbdd34bbf3799323daa73decc8954ded.png  Vero X1

15 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Much has been mentioned on the price, and everyones budget is different and where we choose to speed our disposable income also varies.

From the on course and LM numbers I have so far,  the only ball that is really a similar profile to this one,  is left dash.

There isn't anything else,  so the price point on this is right with that.

This is a fair point. There's another thread in the Equipment section looking for firm, low-spin premium balls. The X2 might just be the answer... And if you've cornered the market, I guess you can charge whatever you want.

The other thing (price-related) that I was thinking of is that my pro shop is not going to stock these. I typically get a few hundred bucks/year in shop credit and they have XLS and Left Dash, but I don't foresee them opening an account with Oncore any time soon.

Tested:

26 minutes ago, GregGarner said:

This is a fair point. There's another thread in the Equipment section looking for firm, low-spin premium balls. The X2 might just be the answer... And if you've cornered the market, I guess you can charge whatever you want.

2 hours ago, grust26 said:

I also saw a few people have been commenting on the price. Not sure if you guys are aware of this but Oncore typical runs a deal similar to what Srixon does, where you can buy two and get one free around Father's Day, Black Friday and I think maybe even Christmas too. That is time when I usually stock up on my X1s. 

Thanks again for all the awesome feedback, it has really helped me make a decision on this ball. I think I might be stocking up on the X2 this time around! 

I didn't know the run b2g1 deals,  if they are doing that a few times a year that definitely brings the price into a good window with some pre planning

WITB:

Got some good videos! I was seeing if I could get the ball to grab. First shot I knock it in. Someone commented on the YouTube video that they would have putted from there 🤣... Yes, I would have too, just trying the balls out! The cover is grabby, and they spin. 

Edited by Bohnson

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Full video of short game testing! It is a premium ball as you would expect from a $50 dozen. I think they spin more than other balls. 

YouTube cut off my head. Need to work on my video editing skills 😂

Edited by Bohnson

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

a little Sunday putting practice:

20230507_143646.jpg.a3f46eed342cf310f937e94da73506af.jpg

this ball doesn't feel and harder then the other high compression urethane balls out there,  I think it feels less clicky than the CSXLS.

Side note, need to vacuum my putting matt...

WITB:

Pretty amazing day for me today. In the third round of testing of the X2, I shot a career low round of 68 with 5 birdies! 

IMG_20230507_200528_677.jpg.1e143cc44961d01325055c5afd32a853.jpg

IMG_20230507_200528_714.jpg.1793ed54ddde8f87611bcec6fa93a278.jpg

What's more amazing is I also did it playing a 20 year old set of Cleveland irons that I found in a Play it again sports store for $80 😂. I was going to sell them but wanted to try them out for fun today before doing so. 

20230507_193124.jpg.a71a2ae064786bb0a98911ce2d39187a.jpg

I'm blown away that my second ever round in the 60's came a few years ago with the Vero X1 and now today I best that with my first ever 68. Needless to say this ball is checking a LOT of the right boxes for me! 

The flight is still lower than I'm used to and it doesn't have quite as much check on short chips and pitches but it's definitely got enough to play well with. Off of the driver though... It's LOOONGGG. I saw some areas of the course today off the tee that I haven't seen before. With the lower trajectory I'm getting more roll than I've had in the past. 

My plan was to cut it open today after I finished the round but that's not going to happen with this particular ball 😂

That being said, I was also planning on selling the irons but now, I'm not sure that I can! 

My bag is a revolving door!

If every tester shoots a round in the 60s with these I think we can say they are pretty good.

WITB:

On 5/5/2023 at 3:26 PM, GregGarner said:

Snuck out for 9 this morning before work for some head-to-head action against the Chrome Soft X LS (XLS). I'll tell you what, playing these side by side? I really don't think I would be able to tell the difference if they were unmarked. I can tell that the X2 is less spin off driver and it definitely flies lower, but it's actually got more stopping power than I was giving it credit for into the green. (This morning was very dewy and the greens were firm enough that anything longer than 8i wasn't leaving a ball mark)

Here's 4i into the par 3 3rd. Yellow is X2, Red is XLS:

9i into the 5th, with apologies for the complete lack of grass in the fairway. Also, I take back what I said about 'harsh' feel on scoring clubs. Firm, yes, but not harsh. Turns out I managed to shoot 69 while completely missing the face on scoring irons. The ball marks are pretty hard to see, but they landed at basically the exact same distance relative to the hole (Yellow X2 finished on the right, Red XLS on the left in the bottom pic) and the XLS rolled out an extra 1-2 yards.

PXL_20230505_115359089.jpg.2ec955a9f0c2116db58b51e6a10f37e1.jpg

Driver on the par 5 7th (one of my favorite holes) - this one is really interesting because I thought I absolutely crushed the XLS and the X2 was ho-hum. The XLS was 15 yards shorter. 😳 (FWIW, I'm not sure the XLS tracer picked it up exactly. At the time, the XLS was definitively higher trajectory, but the tracers make it seem like they're identical. Guess I'll need to test more!)

PXL_20230505_120947413.jpg.2d4b17e5d450f77014690d50b65ec54e.jpgPXL_20230505_120919371.jpg.88fffa8232243d3439bb4706d6d298ac.jpg

And last but not least, 5w layup on the par 5 9th. (Layup? ...LAYUP?) Green is pretty inaccessible from where I was in the fairway, but I want to push it down as close as possible. My 5w is built to hit it very high and land very soft, so it's not exactly the best 'chase it down there' club, but the 3w isn't quite as reliable when I need a tight draw. These were struck identically and the X2 finished, again, 15 yards ahead of the XLS. In fact, the XLS was within a couple feet of a pitch mark but there wasn't a pitch mark to be seen near the X2.

Left Dash is next in the testing, probably tomorrow. I'm supposed to play a guy in Round 1 of our club's Match Play tournament, but he hasn't emailed me back... 

Love the update with shot tracer and everything. The tech some of you guys have has me jealous. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Played a couple more rounds with the X2 balls and I'm starting to notice some consistencies in ball flight both off the tee and with my irons and I can't wait to share those experiences in the review. For the most part I'm also noticing the lower ball flight off of the tee with these balls and I consider myself rather indifferent on that (all I care about is if the ball goes straight). However, I am still noticing less of a draw with these balls vs the ones I currently game (TP5x) and I really really need to get on the sim to figure these things out. I tend to aim a little right of the flag on approach shots with PW-6i because to do get a couple yards of draw normally, and with these I'm seeing more pin-high misses right.  Here's a summary of the rounds

Ridge at Castle Pines North (05/06/2023):

Had a solid round here with +14 (course hcp 13), noticed the issue of missing greens right with the ball tremendously on the front 9 with 5 up-and-downs for par/bogey. Distances are very similar if not a couple yards longer with these as they can really compress and shoot off of the face with my swing speeds.

Heritage Todd Creek GC (05/07/2023): 

Had a less solid round here with a +17 (course hcp 13). This was less the shaping of the ball and more missing fairways here. With an absolutely attrocious 3 fairways hit total, I fell apart getting GIR with balls in the rough. Greens weren't taking spin, rough wasn't producing flyers, and clubs went a variable 30-60yards shorter out of the rough if struck well. Early mistakes got in my head and that led to inconsistent play. However, the driver was on and the balls were flying straight off the tee (fairways were tight so it was more a course IQ issue than a straight issue) so I am happy to say the ball performed well AND I played the same ball for all 18 holes!

:callaway-small: Rogue MAX LS 9° (set to +1°)

:callaway-small: Rogue Max 3W 15°

:callaway-small:Apex UW 19°

:taylormade-small: p770 w/ Project X 6.5 (4-AW)

:callaway-small: Jaws Full-Toe Black 54° & 60°

:taylormade-small: Spider GT 35"

:taylormade-small: TP5x 

On 5/7/2023 at 9:21 PM, ZackS said:

Love the update with shot tracer and everything. The tech some of you guys have has me jealous. 

Shot Tracer app is free and works pretty well! Worth checking out!

Got out this morning for a head-to-head with Left Dash. TL;DR - it compares very favorably. I do think LD is juuuuust a bit longer off the tee. (Probably because it's a similar spin profile but definitely higher trajectory) Not a great ballstriking day for me, so I gave up on trying to get video. Plus the nice old man playing behind me, who told me he wasn't going to press and just wanted "to hit some shots; take your time and enjoy your stroll" --- yeah, he was waiting on me on every. single. tee box. I played 9 in 1:40 and was hitting two balls for every shot! 🤦‍♂️

Anyways. I gave up on filming after I toe-shanked a 5i on 7. Then, of course, on 8 and 9, I hit good drives with both balls. For both holes, the Left Dash was about 5-7 yards longer than the X2. I'm not willing to call that conclusive or anything, but now I'm looking for it next time I'm able to actually hit the ball in the sweet spot with a square face.

From the VERY small subset of shots that were solid, I think I prefer the feel/sound of the Left Dash, especially off wedges. I'm still having trouble with X2 on partial wedges. I can't tell if the ball is skidding up the face or if I'm just missing it and it's very forgiving? Other? With both LD and XLS, there's a very different feel between a solid strike and an off-center strike and I'm not quite getting that same distinction from X2. 

Tested:

1 hour ago, GregGarner said:

Shot Tracer app is free and works pretty well! Worth checking out!

Hmm, I saw shot tracer for $5.99 which I would probably do but the reviews were not good so I didn't want to spend that if it was not going to be any good. Do you use that one or have a certain one you use?

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

22 minutes ago, ZackS said:

Hmm, I saw shot tracer for $5.99 which I would probably do but the reviews were not good so I didn't want to spend that if it was not going to be any good. Do you use that one or have a certain one you use?

I use shot tracer, it works.  I got it 4 or 5 years ago when it was in beta and was free.  I think it does cost something now.

SmartSelect_20230509_110915_OneUIHome.jpg.4eab65eaaeb936ea38ad45580b42e55b.jpg

Edit: using  android

WITB:

1 hour ago, ZackS said:

57 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I use shot tracer, it works.  I got it 4 or 5 years ago when it was in beta and was free.  I think it does cost something now.

Dang! I'm also on Android and definitely didn't pay anything for it. I don't pay for things... Well. I'm sure there are other ways to do it? Maybe? C'mon, hive mind, what other site or app should Zack try??

Tested:

I haven't gotten any on course testing done since last Friday,  but in an effort to be a thorough as possible,  I'm leaving Washington state tomorrow and heading to Florida.  I want to see how these do in high heat and humidity. 

WITB:

I have got my GC Quad numbers. Excited to share them with the group! 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

@Thin2win good call on testing them in different weather conditions. Hot and humid the ball could perform differently. I noticed the X2 launches pretty high for me on mid irons. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

@03trdblack congrats on the career low!! And with a new ball in play! Sounds like you might have a new gamer? 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

OnCore rewards Veterans, First Responders with their "Eagle Club" and 20% off. That is a very generous offer on a premium golf ball. I have seen them do a couple other discounts. I think I saw a Mother's Day discount. I do not think mom can handle the VEROX2. But still nice! 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

2 minutes ago, Bohnson said:

@03trdblack congrats on the career low!! And with a new ball in play! Sounds like you might have a new gamer? 

Thank you, really appreciate that!  This ball is really checking a lot of boxes for sure.  My only concern at this point is the firmness of the ball when it gets cold in the Winter but I won't have to worry about that much here in NC

My bag is a revolving door!

You know, sometimes I forget how much I like the ol' Left Dash. Such a good ball... BUT. I think the X2 is a very worthy opponent. They are remarkably similar. The LD flies a touch higher on solid/comparable strikes and I'm seeing just a couple more yards off the tee (consistently) with LD. Irons are identical, though I think the X2 might be a couple decibels louder. But for all intents and purposes, it could be the same ball. If you made me choose today, LD might edge out X2 by a whisker based solely on wedge play. I'm just having some trouble dialing in the X2 on partials and the LD is so dang consistent. Anyways. That's not what you came here for. As with before, X2 in yellow and I've got the LD in the blue/teal color.

Starting with a 6i going up the hill to a front pin:

Next is a little flip sand wedge from about 75 yards down the hill. The X2 ran out about 10-12 feet where the LD one-hopped and grabbed. I was a little surprised by that.

5i off the tee on a short-but-tricky par 4. Flared the LD a bit, but both were still solid and went exactly the same distance according to my ShotScope.

And last but not least, the big dog. Really tough 5-shotter. Except it's a par 4. Both of these were absolutely crushed and ended up through the fairway. They were mayyyyybe 7yards apart left-to-right? LD was about 3 yards longer off the tee on this one.

Playing 18 tomorrow, we'll see if I can match/beat Rob (doubtful...)

Tested:

I'm doing testing this week at the Reunion resort in Orlando.  The X2 has proven more consistent than my carts so far, went through 3 of them in 1 round today. 

As for the ball holding up in humidity,  it handled it much better then i did.  I didn't notice any perspiration on it,  no sun burn and no inflamation. It must have overheated on the 16th hole as it jumped into a pond to cool down. 

But,  it still rolled,  bounced,  and flew like a premium golf ball.

WITB: