TESTERS WANTED! ×

Lower my GHIN

Hi ladies! I'm working on lower my GHIN!

It's currently 32.5 after a couple of extremely challenging days!!  I'm working on getting it below 30.

Does anyone want to join me in challenging themselves to lower their GHIN?

Ultimately I'm trying for 25 by the 4th of July!!

B

I’m in!!  I’d like to lower mine by at least 3 this year.  I have no idea how great or how small a gray that is but I’m going to start there and move on if I can!  I’m part of the weekly leaderboard…join in on the fun!!

Tijoli

I'm hoping to lower mine, but keeping my goals separate from the actual handicap. I played lights out at the end of last year and lowered my HDC more than I expected. Not that my handicap is all that official; I just use 18 birdies built in stuff, because most of the courses I play aren't rated for women or aren't rated at all, so my actual handicap is hard to calculate based on local courses. Even the ones that are rated for women only rate the forward most tees, which I tend to not play anyway.

MsWalkrOfSky - 22.1 HDC - Best 18 hole Round - 80 at Rea Park Golf Course - Red Tees - 5,219 yards

Driver:       :PXG:             0211 2021 10.5* - Shaft Diamana s60 Limited - Stiff Flex

Woods:     :callaway-logo-1:        XR 3 Wood - Regular Flex

Acer                  XP Stainless 9 Wood 27*       

Irons:        :cleveland-small:         CG7 Black Pearl Irons 4-PW - A Flex

Wedges:   Kirkland          52*

Kirkland          56*

Kirkland          60*

Putter:      :ping-small:            PAL 5

Balls:        Pro V1 Yellow  

Other:      ShotScope X5 Watch and Sensors     

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 11:38 AM, MsWalkrOfSky said:

I'm hoping to lower mine, but keeping my goals separate from the actual handicap. I played lights out at the end of last year and lowered my HDC more than I expected. Not that my handicap is all that official; I just use 18 birdies built in stuff, because most of the courses I play aren't rated for women or aren't rated at all, so my actual handicap is hard to calculate based on local courses. Even the ones that are rated for women only rate the forward most tees, which I tend to not play anyway.

That is super lame how the courses aren’t rated for women or aren’t rated for women at the tees you play.  I think that could ultimately push women away from playing and they need to change that!

I’m in!!!  My bigger goal is to play more this year and hoping that with playing more and more practice, that will just come along as well.

2 hours ago, BGolfer1 said:

That is super lame how the courses aren’t rated for women or aren’t rated for women at the tees you play.  I think that could ultimately push women away from playing and they need to change that!

I’m in!!!  My bigger goal is to play more this year and hoping that with playing more and more practice, that will just come along as well.

Good luck. Playing helps 

B

• 3 months later...
On 4/10/2023 at 6:17 PM, BKervin said:

Hi ladies! I'm working on lower my GHIN!

It's currently 32.5 after a couple of extremely challenging days!!  I'm working on getting it below 30.

Does anyone want to join me in challenging themselves to lower their GHIN?

Ultimately I'm trying for 25 by the 4th of July!!

Wanted to give an update on my progress to lower my GHIN.  I did not achieve the aggressive 25 by July 4th - however, I was able to achieve 28.7!

Still working to get to 25.

B

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 3:37 PM, BKervin said:

Wanted to give an update on my progress to lower my GHIN.  I did not achieve the aggressive 25 by July 4th - however, I was able to achieve 28.7!

Still working to get to 25.

That's awesome progress! I'm down to 25.2, hoping to break 25 soon 🙂 Just need to stop being injured and play more rounds lol.

MsWalkrOfSky - 22.1 HDC - Best 18 hole Round - 80 at Rea Park Golf Course - Red Tees - 5,219 yards

Driver:       :PXG:             0211 2021 10.5* - Shaft Diamana s60 Limited - Stiff Flex

Woods:     :callaway-logo-1:        XR 3 Wood - Regular Flex

Acer                  XP Stainless 9 Wood 27*       

Irons:        :cleveland-small:         CG7 Black Pearl Irons 4-PW - A Flex

Wedges:   Kirkland          52*

Kirkland          56*

Kirkland          60*

Putter:      :ping-small:            PAL 5

Balls:        Pro V1 Yellow  

Other:      ShotScope X5 Watch and Sensors