JBones

Woohoo for me

Our Sponsors

Not only did I shoot under par (on 18) for the first time ever, but I shot in the 60's for the first time ever. I'm so freaking excited right now, I can barely sit here and type. I attribute my success on three things; I'm swinging really good right now, because I've been practicing a ton, the new Black Ops and Chrome shafts that I have just give me a ton of confidence on the tee box, because I know the ball is going to be in play, and these Callaway balls are flippin awesome (see my review for more info). This round could have been a LOT lower, but I'm not going to dwell on 13 two putt pars (alright, maybe I will a little). Below are the stats from the round.

Final score - 68

Fairways - 10/14

GIR - 16/18 (came up short on two par 3's directly into the wind)

Putts - 33

/high fives everyone/

Nice round!

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Awesome round indeed! Congrats!!!

Posted Image

Sweet! :D

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Congratulations :D ! I can only imagine how excited you must be

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Awesome job jbones,keep it up

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

Kudos and huzzah's! Great whackin'

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Congrats...that's very cool. You must have sent the strokes up my way...I had several extra on my card tonight I wasn't expecting to see :angry:

In my bag, August 2019
:mizuno-small: JPX900 Driver Kuro Kage Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small: JPX900 Fairway  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  850 Forged 4-PW; KBS Tour (Stiff Flex)
 :callaway-small: PM Grind Wedges
:nike-small: Method Core

:titelist-small:  ProV1X Balls
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 3.5 Push Cart

HDCP 8.9

Awesome... High 5...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Kudos & Congrats!!....The first time is the hardest...You'll be back many more times now...And Jesus, with 33 putts you must be smokin, cuz you obviously didn't get any breaks on the greens or you'd have been 64-65...Another day....Continued success..Fairways & Greens 4ever.....

Hopefully it's like my bowling; it took forever to get my first 600, now I'm flirting with 700's on a weekly basis.

While it was awesome to shoot under, the putting was quite frustrating. Only two of the two putts were over 20', that was the most frustrating part. Through the first 6 holes, my total distance of putts made was maybe 18", that's pretty much how close I was to making them all day. I also lipped out birdies on 15, 17, and 18; that would have been 5 birdies in a row to end the round.

Very nice! Congrats!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Congratulations that's a great round.

:mizuno-small: Driver ST190G                          

:mizuno-small: 5-wood 190    
:mizuno-small: 4i - PW MP-20 MMC                                                                       

:vokey-small: SM-8 50/F 

:callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 54/S 58/S 

:odyssey-small: Toulon San Diego Garage

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RX /RXS

GREAT ROUND!!! I have broken par one time 1 under 71.

I always save my first ball that I do something, The first ever Eagle I have the ball and wrote EAGLE real big on it, that sound corny as heck but it is a small trophy for me to look at and remember the moment. I didn't keep the 71 as I chocked the last three and still remember the whole round without it for the most part. When I get my first ACE you better believe that I'm keeping the ball and writing ACE on it, Dbl. Eagle same, that is just kind of my tradition and all the trophy I need.

KZG VC-420 ML (10.5* Loft & 0.2* Open Face Angle) @ 44.50" (2" Bore Depth) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 Stiff

Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 16.5* @ 42.50" w/ RT Technologies Zeus (85g) Stiff (Tipped 1/2")

Srixon Z U45 19.0* @ 39.75" w/ KBS Tour-V X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)

Cleveland 588 MB 3-P @ 38.75" - 35.25" (0.25" under), 60.5* - 64.0* (0.5* upright), 22* - 48* (1* weak) w/ KBS Tour-V X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin (Blade) 54-12 @ 35.25", 64.00* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold s400

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin (Blade) 60-10 @ 35.25", 64.00* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold s400

Lamkin UTX Wrap, Including Grip Core: 1/32 over (top hand), 1/16 over (bottom hand)

Srixon Z-Star

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Congradulations!!!

I have broken par a few times but always seem to follow it up with a 95.:angry:

The important thing is to stay focused on the present shot. The golf course does not care what you shot yesterday, or even the previous hole. I can bite you back at anytime. Eagle one time and double the next.

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

The important thing is to stay focused on the present shot.

That is exactly what I worked on yesterday and obviously it paid off. I've been practicing on a preshot routine, since I've never really had one, and a new mental approach. My new approach is this, I stand about 10yds behind the ball and envision the shot, then I pick something a few feet in front of the ball on that line. After I hit the shot, I basically "shut down" to golf and think/talk about anything else. Once I get to the ball, I start the routine over again. This helps keep me in the present shot and not dwelling on anything bad that happens.

That is exactly what I worked on yesterday and obviously it paid off. I've been practicing on a preshot routine, since I've never really had one, and a new mental approach. My new approach is this, I stand about 10yds behind the ball and envision the shot, then I pick something a few feet in front of the ball on that line. After I hit the shot, I basically "shut down" to golf and think/talk about anything else. Once I get to the ball, I start the routine over again. This helps keep me in the present shot and not dwelling on anything bad that happens.

I have a mental line drawn half way between the shots. I can be mad and think about what I did wrong, or right, until I am to the halfway point to the next shot. At that point, it is over, now start to think about the next shot. I may talk about something else, or move on just as you said. But I do not think about anything but this next shot once I start my preshot.

IF you have to wait, or something happens to distract you START OVER. I do not get my club out of the bag until I start my preshot. That is my first step. At that point, I have already decided how I am going to play it.

The exception is that if I hit the green, then I will pull my putter out as a reward. Because I obviously hit a good shot and get to putt, I get to hold the putter like it is a trophy for the world to see that my next shot is a putt. And I love to putt. I am the greatest Putter in the world. And everyone wants to be holding my putter right now because it always puts it in the hole. (not really, I suck, but that is my swing thought when I hit the green.)

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

Man that almost echos my pre-shot mental approach, have I talked about my mental approach on this site before? Anyways, that helps me keep my emotions in check. Getting excited and anxious is a bad thing right next to getting negative and down on yourself. Both can cause issues and add strokes to the next hole or shots on the same hole.

Some people say they have a 30second window to allow themselves to think about the shot result and get out their emotions then shut it off, it's whatever works best for you as a player.

IF you have to wait, or something happens to distract you START OVER. I do not get my club out of the bag until I start my preshot. That is my first step. At that point, I have already decided how I am going to play it.

GREAT ADVICE, I don't know how many times something distracts me and I pull the trigger and ends up being a bad result. We might not all be Tiger but at times I wish i could stop 1/2 down my swing, I hate the sudden noise in the top of my backswing it normally turns out ugly.

KZG VC-420 ML (10.5* Loft & 0.2* Open Face Angle) @ 44.50" (2" Bore Depth) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 Stiff

Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 16.5* @ 42.50" w/ RT Technologies Zeus (85g) Stiff (Tipped 1/2")

Srixon Z U45 19.0* @ 39.75" w/ KBS Tour-V X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)

Cleveland 588 MB 3-P @ 38.75" - 35.25" (0.25" under), 60.5* - 64.0* (0.5* upright), 22* - 48* (1* weak) w/ KBS Tour-V X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin (Blade) 54-12 @ 35.25", 64.00* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold s400

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin (Blade) 60-10 @ 35.25", 64.00* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold s400

Lamkin UTX Wrap, Including Grip Core: 1/32 over (top hand), 1/16 over (bottom hand)

Srixon Z-Star

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)