TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Club Design

Hey guys, I was wondering if there were any golf club designers out there that could help me. I'm in high school and about to choose a major and was wondering what bachelors and masters degree i should choose to design golf clubs. Thanks

Cobra S2 10.5*

Cleveland QuadPro 13*

Adams A7 3&4 Hybrid

Adams A7 5-PW

Scratch 8620 50*,56*,60*

Nike iC Putter

2012 Ogio Grom XX

Callaway Tour i(x)

FootJoy Contours

Hey guys, I was wondering if there were any golf club designers out there that could help me. I'm in high school and about to choose a major and was wondering what bachelors and masters degree i should choose to design golf clubs. Thanks

I found a pretty good article about this, I am not a Designer or in the Golf Business so can't offer advice from a personal stand point

--> http://www.mygolfspy.com/how-to-become-a-golf-club-designer/

I try to stick to talking about things I know about... this is not one of them lol

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Mechanical engineering, materials specialty, cad

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I was going to guess some form of CAD but didn't want to be wrong so the link I posted was to external and it looks like MGS changed it after posting the same thing on this site :) Good luck in your quest to become a club designer.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Thanks guys, I was thinking Mechanical Engineering but I wasnt positive and wanted to make sure i chose the right thing.

Cobra S2 10.5*

Cleveland QuadPro 13*

Adams A7 3&4 Hybrid

Adams A7 5-PW

Scratch 8620 50*,56*,60*

Nike iC Putter

2012 Ogio Grom XX

Callaway Tour i(x)

FootJoy Contours

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I have designed golf heads (Irons thru Drivers) as well as shafts...and I would say you really don't need to concentrate on any specific field.... If anything, maybe go with physics?

I would seriously suggest if you want to go to college and learn how to make golf heads/equipment, you'd be wasting your time......these days we TELL the manufacturers what we want, and THEY employ their employees to meet our needs...we will recommend where want to see weight placed/moved...we recommend materials and OWN design ideas.....but to get a degree to specifically do what we do is not necessary.

Archived