TESTERS WANTED! ×

Who writes this stuff? Am I blind?

TWShoot67

Callaway Golf Introduces New FT-iZ Driver, Fairways & Hybrids

Posted: 15 Mar 2010 04:31 PM PDT

Over the weekend Callaway Golf's Ernie Els, won the World Golf Championships-CA Championship in Doral, FL playing the new Callaway FT-iZ driver in his bag. And today you can purchase the full lineup of the new FT-iZâ„¢ lineup of drivers, fairway woods and hybrids.

Callaway FT-iZ Driver

Leading this new line of Fusion® products is the FT-iZ Driver, engineered from the world's finest materials to deliver the longest, straightest ball flight ever produced by a Callaway driver.

FT-iZ Driver

“In engineering the FT-iZ Driver, Fairway Woods and Hybrids, we used new knowledge in aerodynamics, face design and weight placement to deliver breakthroughs in ball speed and accuracy,” said Dr. Alan Hocknell, Senior Vice President of Research & Development, Callaway Golf. “The FT-iZ Driver represents the latest in our use of carbon fiber, aerospace-grade materials and head shaping to optimize performance.” The FT-iZ Driver marks the launch of a groundbreaking and proprietary design feature called Polar Weighting™, which optimizes stability at impact and yields incredible ball speeds. Polar Weighing strategically localizes weight at the front and back of the multi-material clubhead, creating a heavy face and significant in-line power source for unprecedented performance.

The driver of choice for PGA Tour Professional Ernie Els, the FT-iZ also features an aerodynamic body design that reduces drag in the downswing for higher impact speeds. The result of this progressive shape is Callaway's most efficient high inertia clubhead design ever. The FT-iZ Driver also features a new chem-milled hyperbolic face that delivers consistently high ball speeds. The chemical reduction process selectively removes unwanted materials from the titanium cup face for unprecedented precision thickness control. FT-iZ Tour models come in half lofts with a slightly more open face at address for a look preferred by skilled players.

The FT-iZ Driver is now available at retail and features a new product introduction retail price of $399.

FT-iZ Fairway Woods

The FT-iZ Fairway Woods build on Callaway's industry-leading heritage in the category. Offering an unprecedented combination of distance, stability and feel, the FT-iZ Fairway Woods are the longest, straightest fairway woods Callaway has ever produced. Like the FT-iZ Driver, the fairway woods utilize Polar Weighting for a heavy face and heavy in-line power source that delivers screaming ball speed.

The FT-iZ Fairway Woods are now available at retail and feature a new product introduction retail price of $299.

FT-iZ Hybrids

The FT-iZ Hybrids utilize Callaway's advanced Fusion Technology to deliver the Company's most forgiving hybrid design ever. A stainless steel body and sole combine with Metal Injection Molded (MIM), high-density weights to maximize perimeter weighting. That, along with the FT-iZ Hybrid's larger clubhead design, leads to an increased moment of inertia (MOI) with an optimized center of gravity. The result is increased feel and accuracy with high, powerful trajectories that fly far and land soft. An offset hosel is designed to provide a look that boosts confidence at address and provides greater workability.

The FT-iZ Hybrids are now available at retail and feature a new product introduction retail price of $199 with a graphite shaft, and $179 with a steel shaft.

www.callawaygolf.com

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

Somebody made a typo. It happens. At least it happens to me from time to time.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

Somebody made a typo. It happens. At least it happens to me from time to time.

That would be too bad. For Callaway it changes a weekend with the winner playing their product being the focus to the mistake from the media room. :)

From the other thread (with photo)

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/557-winning-clubs-ernie-els-at-wgc-ca-championship/page__pid__9258__st__0entry9258

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

I can't find anything in the Official Callaway release that references this. TWShoot67, where did you copy this from. I suspect a blogger actually made the typo.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

I can't find anything in the Official Callaway release that references this. TWShoot67, where did you copy this from. I suspect a blogger actually made the typo.

Golf Views contact sandbox.com. I know you guys get videos from them so i thought this was something they got from Cally.

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

I just checked Callaway's website USA. And here's what they have up.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/en-US/TheTour/Articles/ElswinsatDoralwithnewFTTourDriverandTourisGolfBall.html

I must have miss understood when someone who posts on blogs I thought they got their material straight from the horses mouth so to say. I mean at the end of the blog it says: www.Callaway.com so I thought that's where writer got it from, but as you can see above article from Cally's USA site this is what they wrote.

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

That would be too bad. For Callaway it changes a weekend with the winner playing their product being the focus to the mistake from the media room. :)

From the other thread (with photo)

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/557-winning-clubs-ernie-els-at-wgc-ca-championship/page__pid__9258__st__0entry9258

After reading the Golf Views Blog and posting it I went to Cally's site and found another article, posted in post #7

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

After reading the Golf Views Blog and posting it I went to Cally's site and found another article, posted in post #7

Got it, thanks. Seemed too huge of an error to be true...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I made note of that on the other thread. Callaway has been saying one thing, and the pics say another thing. Does Callaway forget that everyone has a camera phone now? Somebody was bound to take a pic of his driver.

Got it, thanks. Seemed too huge of an error to be true...

Yeah I was starting to think what I watched on TV for 4 days was a hoax. :)

I mean I know I'm getting old but I still thought my eyes were working..... :P

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

I made note of that on the other thread. Callaway has been saying one thing, and the pics say another thing. Does Callaway forget that everyone has a camera phone now? Somebody was bound to take a pic of his driver.

Jamo I think we've come to the conclusion that Golf Views blog had a typo....

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

Respectfully I disagree. As I said in the other thread, Ernie has an earlier version of the FT Tour (originally called FT-9 Tour Authentic). Apart from the graphics, it's 100% the same as the FT Tour which is now available to the general public.

Respectfully I disagree. As I said in the other thread, Ernie has an earlier version of the FT Tour (originally called FT-9 Tour Authentic). Apart from the graphics, it's 100% the same as the FT Tour which is now available to the general public.

My mistake then, I saw the 9 and assumed that it was different.

• SPY VIP

My mistake then, I saw the 9 and assumed that it was different.

It's funny...they probably changed it to avoid confusion with the FT-9 Tour, and clearly it hasn't worked. Instead the decision makes it sound like the FT-9 TA and FT Tour are different clubs. More marketing run amok. All that, and I like the original sole graphics better.

It's funny...they probably changed it to avoid confusion with the FT-9 Tour, and clearly it hasn't worked. Instead the decision makes it sound like the FT-9 TA and FT Tour are different clubs. More marketing run amok. All that, and I like the original sole graphics better.

Me too. I just noticed "tour authentic" written in very small print above the "FT" do that makes sense. Thanks you for the clarification.

The FT9 TA and the FT Tour are two different heads. One is like you say an earlier Prototype version which spins much less then the Ft Tour or so I've been told by approximately 5-10 guys who are playing the Tour version versus the retail. GolfSpy T are you saying their the same? They may look the same but one obvious difference you can see is graphics also the FT9 TA's has TOUR laser etched in the head along with the Cally hologram and a serial number that ends in PT. I know this much as a contact of mine had 6 of these heads and 4 of the Newer version that were for Tour players to show the retail graphics to public but some of these players still want to play with the original. If you can shed any more light on subject I would love to hear more.

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

The FT9 TA and the FT Tour are two different heads. One is like you say an earlier Prototype version which spins much less then the Ft Tour or so I've been told by approximately 5-10 guys who are playing the Tour version versus the retail. GolfSpy T are you saying their the same? They may look the same but one obvious difference you can see is graphics also the FT9 TA's has TOUR laser etched in the head along with the Cally hologram and a serial number that ends in PT. I know this much as a contact of mine had 6 of these heads and 4 of the Newer version that were for Tour players to show the retail graphics to public but some of these players still want to play with the original. If you can shed any more light on subject I would love to hear more.

Tim

This question came up on Callaway's Facebook page as well. This is the response from their people:

"The FT-9 Tour Authentic was offered to tour pros last year and is now available to consumers as the FT Tour Driver, with the same specs and construction".

I believe the implication here is that they are the same head with different paint. Of course, there's room for interpretation, and "same specs and construction" I will admit is not quite the same as saying "identical in every respect".

-Tony

Archived