TESTERS WANTED! ×

What bag do you use?

Bearded_Goober

Using Charlie Martin's Nike Vr Staff bag, got it for $50 new at the pawn shop 😁

20230428_065137.jpg

20230428_065119.jpg

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

I currently use an Ogio with my Bag Boy Quad XL cart. The cart's anchoring mechanism at the top of the bag is tearing up the top of the bag. I'll look at getting a new Bag Boy with the Top-Lok technology next time to save the bag from getting torn up.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade R15, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Heat II Single Length Irons 4-AW, SW, LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

I have a Ping Hoofer that I received in 2015 as part of a competition run by a rival website.  More than 7 seasons later the black isn't quite so black, but every single zipper still works, there are no rips or tears, the bag has performed better than I could ever have expected.  I play 80 to 120 rounds of golf each year.  For a while I carried it a lot of rounds, but now I use my motorized QOD trolley.  The bag has been to Scotland and Ireland, and to California.  I have no doubt there are other really good golf bags, but my experience with the Hoofer makes it pretty certain that I'll be looking at Ping when it comes time to replace this bag.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1 hour ago, Djgolf24 said:

Sun Mountain. They are a OEM. They also makes bags for other big companies. They last forever. Had mind for years🏌️👍😊

Agreed. I picked up my C130s last year when my previous Sun Mountain finally broke.  The bottom plastic on my old bag cracked.  When I went to look at the broken part, there was a sticker with a manufactured date of 2004.  That bag lasted me like 18 years! 

1 hour ago, Mfilla said:

I’ve had the ping hoofer 14 for about a year. Love the bag, hate the divider. I thought the 14way too would keep everything in its place but all it does is snag the grips and make getting clubs in/out a pain in the a**! The rest of the bag is amazing. Super well thought out and the bottle pocket holds my massive 40oz hydro flask easily. I’d rebuy the regular Ping hoofer with the 5 way top in a heartbeat. 

I used to have a 14 way (not Hoofer) and thought I would miss it but I don't - saves some weight too without the extra dividers.

Now I have the 5 way divider in the Hoofer and still had some snags at first but found that if you give it little bump before re-strapping on your back the clubs sort themselves pretty well most of the time.  Throw the club in its spot after use and don't worry about whether it goes all the way down. Then pick up bag vertically and bump it straight up and down on the way up to your back.  It's kind of an automatic motion for me now and seems to help.  Not sure how much impact this has on the success but I only have 11 clubs - 3 per divider in the bottom half and only one each in the top two so your mileage may vary depending on what you have and how the clubs are arranged.  It also helps to be mindful of what you put in the pockets and how items are positioned in there.  I found that trying to keep what is in the pockets toward the inside simulating a flat surface also helps a lot.

Edited by LebanonOz

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5* - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Regular
:ping-small: G425 3Hybrid 19* - Fujikura Pro 2.0 Hybrid 7 - Regular

:ping-small: G425 5i-PW (bent to old school lofts, similar to Ping's Retro Spec) - KBS Tour 90 Regular
:ping-small: G425 50* wedge - KBS Tour 90 Regular
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 56* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 Black
:odyssey-small: White Hot OG 7S, Garsen Quad Tour non-tapered grip
Titleist ProV1x Left Dash
Shot Scope X5 watch; Bushnell Pro X2 Range Finder

Founders Club cart bag. It’s several years old, and looking at their new model.  Head unit is redesigned on this years bag, with better layout.7A299E47-E088-44E7-B2C7-B7273008E71F.jpeg.4b779e505883a0105e7fa85c5fbe0486.jpeg

Callaway Epic MAX 9 deg driver

Callaway Epic 3 wood

Callaway Super Hybrid 20 deg

Ping I230 5-PW,UW

Ping glide PRO 54/10

Ping Tyne G putter

IMG_8315.jpg.3e6998fbdabefd7413e478d18ed3389b.jpg

I have an Angels MLB cart bag I use as my primary bag for tournaments and longer golf days due to all the compartments and nice cooler, and an old TaylorMade stand bag for the range and shorter rounds.  Looking to change out the TaylorMade since it's about 12 years old and straps are starting to go.  Thinking about a Ping Hoofer or one of the Cleveland stand bags because I like the look of them.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

I'm going to sound insane, but I have 4 bags, but I actually use them all. 

Standard - walking 18 w/ my push cart, Callaway Chev 14

Carry 9 or 18 - Ogio Stand-bag

Practice - Callaway Sunday Bag (My favorite of them all!)

Weekend round - Titleist Staff bag. It's all black / leather and it's super easy to clean. A ton of the courses in and around MKE had gravel paths and it kicks up a TON of dust / dirt and if you have a lighter colored bag, it WILL get dirty quick. 

D-  Titleist  TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

3w - Titleist TSR2 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB - Titleist TSi 18* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

DI - Mizuno FliHi 3i w/ UST Mamiya ESX Hybrid Stiff 60g

Irons - 4-PW Takomo 101T w/ KBS Tour Stiff 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 54/10 60/10 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

I use the Ping Hoofer Lite.......I think.

It was a gift but it is so easy to carry around and hold a tonne of stuff too.

Driver - :callaway-small: Mavrik w/ Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 60X

3-Wood - :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3 HL

Hybrid - :callaway-small: Apex 2 w/ Kuro Kage 65g Stiff

Irons - :callaway-small: Steelhead XR's w/ KBS Tour-V 90 - 5-PW, AW - Stiff

Wedges - Kirkland Signature 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter -   default_taylormade-small.jpg.f51b0863b47c9f7d3e2ffc3583a5d3da.jpg  Spider S #1 Platinum/White

Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize

Ball - Srixon Z-star.....Q-Star in Spring and Fall

Jeremy Booth

Swing easy.

Titleist 2023 Hybrid 14 Stand Bag

Titleist DS2 Driver

Titleist 915 3 and 5 wood

Taylor Made M6 wedges 4-9

Vokey wages 52, 56, 60

Taylor made spyder putter

Calloway super soft golf balls

3 hours ago, Pvicary said:

I use a Titleist staff bag most of the time. I also have a Titleist and a Ping carry bag. 

IMG_0856.jpeg

IMG_0855.jpeg

I am using basically the same Titleist staff bag you are. I have had for like 15 years but not used it continually . Since I am not able to walk anymore I ride all the time. I do not carry a lot of stuff but the pocket set up with the side pockets works well for me on a cart. Since I am a full fledged member I am allowed to take a cart to the range when they are available. If not and I want a full practice I just strap it to my vintage Bag Boy pull cart. If just doing short game I put my stuff in an old Sun Mountain Sunday bag. I am old school as heck and like a 3 way only bag so I took the center divider out. I know this bag is not as bulky and as heavy as some of the large cart bags. They are tough and durable too. I am a bag ho amongst other golf equipment so I have a Jones and a Vagabond and a classic Hoofer. But as it is now the old Titleist Mini Staff is the most user friendly for me

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1 hour ago, JRDuck40 said:

I'm going to sound insane, but I have 4 bags, but I actually use them all. 

Standard - walking 18 w/ my push cart, Callaway Chev 14

Carry 9 or 18 - Ogio Stand-bag

Practice - Callaway Sunday Bag (My favorite of them all!)

Weekend round - Titleist Staff bag. It's all black / leather and it's super easy to clean. A ton of the courses in and around MKE had gravel paths and it kicks up a TON of dust / dirt and if you have a lighter colored bag, it WILL get dirty quick. 

Naah you are not insane. Like I mentioned before I am a bag ho--- I think at last count I had like 20 various bags including a Green and White Macgregor Tartan Staff and 3 different Ryder Cup bags. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I just picked up a new Cobra Ultralight Pro Stand Bag, they were running a 30% off sale and after reading the MGS review, that was the best value out there. If cost wasn't an issue I would have just bought a Hoofer, but I was able to save $60+. I carry every round and played 100 rounds last year. I am changing bags from a Titleist Players 4 Stand Bag.  I had two of these that both ripped in the same area (Upper Left Opposite of Pocket Area on Right), fortunately I only paid for one of them and Titleist was reasonable enough to send me a replacement, but I doubt they will send me a second replacement so I just went ahead and switched bags.  I have only walked 5 rounds with the new Cobra Ultralight Pro but it feels sturdier but not heavier, which is a nice combination. 

"The best part about golf is the community that it creates. It brings people together, no matter their age, background, or skill level." - Jack Nicklaus

Driver: Ping G425 Max

3W: Ping G30

3i Hybrid: Ping G400

Irons: TaylorMade Rocketbladez

Wedges: 52 & 56 SM9, 62 SM7

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

Ball: Vice Pro

4 hours ago, Shlax said:

Ogio Fuse 14 cart bag.

It it quite slim and lightweight but pocket placement and design make storage surprisingly large!

BTW, I saw on another thread that Ogio.com had a 60% off sale sitewide using code 2023Tour if anyone is interested. These bags are worth it IMHO.

Screenshot_20230428-075141_Gallery.jpg.be65d014d1d2a28ee60020b34a8451d8.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on this deal. It resulted in me ordering an Ogio Woode 8 hybrid to replace a ~13 year old Ogio of similar design that has pocket seams tearing. I was ready to pull out needle and thread…

Reviews of the woode 8 indicate problems with the organizer material, but they say they’ve improved it in the ‘23 model. For the price with that code, it was worth risking not heeding review warnings.

Primarily to used with a push cart and occasional riding cart. Don’t need a staff bag and don’t carry, so good design for my needs. 

I have the Sub 70 staff bag now, since I'm pretty much a cart player now.  Love the bag, has lots of room very sturdy

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

I just got this this year. The Eagole Super Light Golf Cart Bag,14 Way Top and Full Length Divider, 10 Pockets and so far I love it, plenty of room and it has great reviews. For only $119 I belive it to be a great bargain. We shall see how it holds up but it does appear to be sturdy and it stands up by itself with all my stuff in it 14 clubs, shoes, rain suit, drinks, snacks, balls.

20230428_114046.jpg

20230428_114053.jpg

9.5 TaylorMade Burner Superfast,Spectra 3& 5 woods, Adams Golf Idea Hybrid a2 3-PW, Alien2 Pro Series 1 Sw, Xeon M-3 Putter

I’m currently using the BR-D2 CARRY BAG from Mizuno. I won it last fall & it’s a pretty decent bag. I came from a SM C-130, so I did a complete 180°! I kinda consider this a Sunday bag, but it holds all 13 of my clubs with ease. Has a removable pouch for extra storage. My only complaint is, it has shorter legs on it. So you have to manually unfold them & they’re only around 12”-16”. While it still keeps your clubs off wet grass, I personally like the longer auto legs. It dies stand on its own, on level lies. So there is that.  But it was free, so no worries. 

2429B5D1-C55F-4B46-8668-C19F9171FF95.jpeg

Cally Epic Flash 3 💎 / HZRDUS 1100- 6.5/tipped 1.5”

TM M3 3wd HL/ Rogue 80x

Srixon 785/ DGTI x100s

Bridgestone Tour B/ 52°&58°- DGTI s400

Scotty TEI3 Long Neck

I use a ping hoofer lite. Am 39 now and used a ping carry bag since an L8 when I was 14. Love how ping bags have always been two separate straps so it’s still comfortable too carry only using one strap. Plus always been light with great storage.

Driver- cobra F9, 3w- Adam’s TL, 19 H TM GAPR mid, 22 H titleist 910, 5-PW TM rocketbladz tour, 50, 56, 60 Cleveland RTX 3, Scotty special select Del Mar. 

I have an Olimar Stand bag that works well when I walk, ride or use my push cart.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Driver

:callaway-small: Mavrik Three wood

:taylormade-small: M2 Hybrids 3, 4 & 5

:taylormade-small: R7 irons 5 - AW

Volkey sand wedge

David Musty putter

Retired educator who loves this game.  It is challenging and a game of integrity.

4 hours ago, Julius said:

Always a risk.  I don't jam it full.  I didn't mention but the PING bag also has a cooler with the front part, on hot days here it is great to throw some water or other drinks in there especially because we are walking.   But that Jones bag is definitely kicking.  Is the leather ok on a hot day? 

I haven’t had any issues with it. I live in South Alabama so it gets pretty warm. 

Cobra Aerojet 10.5

Rogue ST LS 3 Wood 15

Srixon ZX 2 Utility 18

Srixon ZX5 4-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50, 54, 58

Evnroll ER2 

I'm using a black Taylormade TM TK Bag. It's not super old, but a nylon strap is nearly worn out near the handle. And the springs that keep the legs folded up for when it's being carried don't work anymore (maybe if there's a bag test I'll be selected). I like the overall layout except for where the towel clips on (it's too low to where a third of a towel is dragging on the ground). Also, there is no access to the bottom of the bag. I like how the 3 club holding pockets are split in two to make 6 technical pockets.

PXGLogo.jpg.0c92800daa172651d766b6819f37e9f9.jpg: 0311 Gen5 - Driver

:adams-small:: Tight Lies - 3W

:wilson_staff_small:: Model CB - 4-PW

url(1).jpg.d0326cc5029d710568433f5df6fe1efc.jpg: TSW - 50°, 54°,58°

:odyssey-small:: Toulon Design Austin - Putter

Big Max Dri-Lite Hybrid Tour. I just purchased it this year, replaced a Ping Hoofer Vantage from the early 2000s (maybe even late 1990s). So far, it has been great! Love the 14 way divider and the huge pockets! Only thing I wish it had was some sort of retractable strap system like my old Ping and some other companies do.

https://us.bigmaxgolf.com/products/dri-lite-hybrid-tour?variant=44025774014758

WITB:

Takkomo.png.2fd3ccfadfdb71195da27b04616ac6c5.png Takomo IGNIS Driver 10.5* (1* strong) with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 5.5 shaft

Takkomo.png.2fd3ccfadfdb71195da27b04616ac6c5.png Takomo IGNIS 5 Wood (1* strong) with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 5.5 shaft

Untitled2.png.80d892461ed08eaa7fe955b28995d7e9.png Ping G430 22* Hybrid (1* strong) with HZRDUS Smoke Red 80g 6.0 shaft

Untitled.png.5ecdabcbb4b233d7651619da934c3a6a.png Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-PW with KBS Tour Light R shafts

Edison.png.1b14460d57753ae667327c0f7d3399a9.png Edison 2.0 Wedges 51° 55° 59° with KBS Tour 110 R shafts

image.png.a072db0e36674771c57e6581a9a7be30.png L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 MAX with LAB x Accra shaft

Glad I found this thread, I’ve been rocking a Callaway Chev stand bag for the past few years. It was the first bag I bought after really getting into golf. I definitely like the bag but it could be better. The legs recently broke and I’m in the market for a new one. I’m considering a vintage bag from the 90s I think that would be cool and fit my style. But I’m also thinking it might functionally be better if I had a new bag. Maybe something premium like a tour stand bag. I mostly use a push cart or carry my bag so I like the size and weight of a stand bag. 

Things I like about my current bag:

5 way divider top Simple set up I don’t need a 14 way divider

cooler pocket to keep drinks cold

Ball compartment holds a box+ of balls for those bad days.

Dislikes:

Not a lot of extra space for coat, towels, snacks etc
The quality of the bag, I’ve only owned the thing for a few years never been hard on it and now it’s broken 😞

Things I’m looking for:

To spend around $300

magnetic ball pouch would be cool

velvet top is a nice touch 

A little extra room for snacks!

5-7 way divider top 

I like the aesthetic of the “tour” bags

Any recommendations would help Thanks 

image.jpg

K Walker

I have three types of Titleist golf bags;  One lightweight carry bag with my name and Team Titleist logo, that I take on trips when I fly.  It travels well in my SKB hard case and stays within the weight limitations and travels as my free luggage on Delta.  I have a Cart 14 bag I use daily, meets my every need, lots of pockets and 14 slots for my clubs.  I have two other Titleist bags, both Tour Midsize bags, one is black/white an older model and the other white/black with my name on it with the Team Titleist Logo (the plate is interchangeable and can fit either midsize bag).  Really nice to take to Titleist events when I drive to east coast events (GA/NC/SC/FL).  All bags are black because some colors, such as red do fade in the south with the not sun in June, July, August, September.  Big fan of Titleist bags and have had no issues with them.  Play over 100 rounds per year.    

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

42 minutes ago, Dave Philipson said:

I am currently using Bruce Lietzke's autographed Adams Tight Lies staff golf bag. I purchased it at an estate sale and have been using it for 2 years. It's a great conversation piece. When contemplating a shot, I say what would Bruce do?

IMG_8327[1].JPG

Hit a fade. I have a Titleist 14 that I use on my electric walking cart, and a Sun Mountain 3.5 I use for practice.

Edited by Bosox04

I just bought a new bag! I love my Ping Pioneer cart bag, but I hated every time I go to the range the wind knocks it over or I just have to lay it on the ground

20230322_192616.jpg.c95da2817e7f36325fa845fc16512966.jpg

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done