Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

L.A.B. Putters - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow the testers main posts in the links below!

@RoverRick TESTING POST

@McGolf TESTING POST

@pozzit TESTING POST

@Splatt TESTING POST

@Syks7 TESTING POST

@TSauer TESTING POST

Favorite Review?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which tester had your favorite overall review?

Hey all, Just posting to give a bump to my data so far with the DF2.1 following my first round and 200 putts on the putting green comparing my 2-ball to LAB.

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

3 hours ago, TSauer said:

So, let’s dabble in a little data.

All of my indoor testing was done on a 14’ x 4’ BirdieBall mat. For me, this would remove one crucial factor when it comes to sinking putts… reading them. It would allow me to focus more on the ability to hit my line and test whether or not I can keep the face square through impact. I used a laser level to make sure I was lining up correctly each time. The plan was to roll 100 putts with each putter; Link.1, Evnroll ER2, and the Scotty Cameron Newport 2. The shorter putts were pretty straightforward, as you’ll notice in the table below. Once we got to the eight footers, there was a slight right to left break I had to pay attention to and adjust for. Before I recorded anything with the Link, I made sure to get some practice in with it and become a little more accustomed with the setup and motion of it all. Not only is this my first LAB putter, but it’s my first center shafted putter as well.

laser1.jpg.25f8e8a225afc21ee0dbb2f0d972fc2e.jpg

The practice setup looked like the photo above. I had the tape measure laid out to make sure I was at the proper distance each time, the laser was propped up on the box to assure it would reach each distance, and I hit putts in batches of 20 balls making sure to take plenty of breaks. This entire process was spread out over 2-3 weeks and I made sure I didn’t hit too many batches at once so I didn’t fatigue myself and possibly skew the results. So, without further ado, these are the numbers from that testing.

PuttingData.png.4171d3bb645f92d9889c208b43233564.png

During my week off, I was also able to make it up to the course each day to work on performing the same test but only on real greens. Those results are still in the works, as it’s a little more intense trying to hit dozens of putts with the sun beating down on you. However, I did manage to get some numbers on putt proximity. I wanted to gather the average proximity to the hole from 30 feet. For this I did batches of 10 balls, but kept the total number of balls hit to 40 for each putter. Again, this was done throughout the course of a week or so. Living in a rather small town means I had the course to myself most of those days, which made this test especially easy.

Proximity.png.7525efb778e05d93df51650639c5d305.png

So far, so good for the Link. As I mentioned earlier, the testing is still a work in progress and there will be more numbers to come in the following weeks!

Killing it. Keep it up!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

I just updated the First Impressions sections. Along with uploaded some putter pics. RoverRick

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I realized today that this putter is pointing out a flaw in my putting technique. I mentioned that I was having some issues with the shorter breaking putts under pressure. This is from using too much hand action. I spent some time before the round today and worked this out. However, I was in a match play tournament round, and my opponent hit an incredible shot on 11 and made an eagle, and I had an unfortunate bounce 90° and 40 yards OB and found myself 2 down with 6 to play. I had 4 opportunities to win holes and missed 4 short (6-8 feet so not that short) breaking putts to win holes and didn’t get it done. 

Oh well 2 more matches in the first round so I have more chances. 

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Cannot wait to see more of this... You may also have to tell me how it what program you used to make those charts as they are awesome!

Fun fact, I actually got my inspiration from this Shot Scope test that MGS did last year lol.  I really liked how that one looked and couldn't find any similar charts that looked interesting. So, I used Photoshop to create everything and used those colors.

I can probably get a template made and add more boxes, colors, etc if anyone wants!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

On 5/31/2023 at 7:56 AM, TSauer said:

So, let’s dabble in a little data.

All of my indoor testing was done on a 14’ x 4’ BirdieBall mat. For me, this would remove one crucial factor when it comes to sinking putts… reading them. It would allow me to focus more on the ability to hit my line and test whether or not I can keep the face square through impact. I used a laser level to make sure I was lining up correctly each time. The plan was to roll 100 putts with each putter; Link.1, Evnroll ER2, and the Scotty Cameron Newport 2. The shorter putts were pretty straightforward, as you’ll notice in the table below. Once we got to the eight footers, there was a slight right to left break I had to pay attention to and adjust for. Before I recorded anything with the Link, I made sure to get some practice in with it and become a little more accustomed with the setup and motion of it all. Not only is this my first LAB putter, but it’s my first center shafted putter as well.

laser1.jpg.25f8e8a225afc21ee0dbb2f0d972fc2e.jpg

The practice setup looked like the photo above. I had the tape measure laid out to make sure I was at the proper distance each time, the laser was propped up on the box to assure it would reach each distance, and I hit putts in batches of 20 balls making sure to take plenty of breaks. This entire process was spread out over 2-3 weeks and I made sure I didn’t hit too many batches at once so I didn’t fatigue myself and possibly skew the results. So, without further ado, these are the numbers from that testing.

PuttingData.png.2edec8ba900223587a1aa2205dd35715.png

During my week off, I was also able to make it up to the course each day to work on performing the same test but only on real greens. Those results are still in the works, as it’s a little more intense trying to hit dozens of putts with the sun beating down on you. However, I did manage to get some numbers on putt proximity. I wanted to gather the average proximity to the hole from 30 feet. For this I did batches of 10 balls, but kept the total number of balls hit to 40 for each putter. Again, this was done throughout the course of a week or so. Living in a rather small town means I had the course to myself most of those days, which made this test especially easy.

Proximity.png.7525efb778e05d93df51650639c5d305.png

So far, so good for the Link. As I mentioned earlier, the testing is still a work in progress and there will be more numbers to come in the following weeks!

You lucky dawg. Professional review!

WITB

Man, I'm going to have to up my graphics game... 😆  For now all I can do is promise that it'll be better presented in the final review.  

For now, all I can say about week 3 of my 5' test is "of all weeks where I couldn't play a round 🤬".  The flat sticks were hot!  Not sure what the deal was (it might be that I've been rolling 300? putts a week for the last three weeks) but I missed a grand total of 7 times over 153 putts (this includes two misses in the warmups.)

Bettinardi Innovai 6.0 CTR

42 Putts, 42 Makes, 100.00%  The Innovai made a case for itself this week.  The unstable feeling was gone.   One thing that I noted is that the face is notably softer than the other two putters.  It's more forgiving of overpower but way less forgiving of decel.  Two of the 7 misses were in warmup for the Innovai so make of that what you will.

YES Callie

42 Putts, 39 Makes, 92.86% Make.  Still might be my favorite feel off the face.  Something about the C-groove just works.  All three misses were toward the end one just short the other two lipouts.

L.A.B.  Link1

42 Putts, 40 Makes, 95.24% Make.   Still wildly consistent.  Two silly misses where I got a little handsy at the end otherwise just straight down the line every time.

After three weeks and 123 putts here are the total make percentages for each putter.  

L.A.B.  Link1 -- 93.65%

YES Callie -- 83.33%

Bettinardi Innovai 6.0 CTR -- 86.51%

All three are well above PGA make percentage (with a lot of assistance in perfect conditions) but the thing that has struck me so far is that even on a week where I felt off (last week) the Link stays consistent.  This seems to be true out on the course as well where it just stays consistent even when my stroke or my aim sucks.   I haven't had a super hot day with it yet, but I also haven't had a day where I went ice cold and had zero feel.    

One of my favorite things after three weeks is that I feel like it's vastly improved my game all around.  It so consistent that it's helped me identify some inconsistencies in my putting stroke, setup, and alignment.  Kind of a neat trick since it also lead me to identify the same inconsistencies accross my game from tee to green-- Apparently the worst part of my game ( by far ) is my ability to align my feet to where the club is pointing.  😑  It is comically bad for someone at my index and might account for a high double digit percentage of my misses from tee to green.

In any case, back to the testing front, I picked up a couple things I'm going to use to do a few more tests & for just general practice.

First, some flat rubber cups so I can be out of the way of other when I'm testing (Making 150+ putts)

71VC6mshk3L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Second, some rings for dispersion testing from lag distances.  I'll run this against the Callie & Innovai.

7172+SvrOkL._AC_SX679_.jpg
And last, a home made version of this.  (I'm not going to spend $19 when I have thinner longer tent stakes and mason string in the garage). 

81nC0RDqM4L._AC_SX679_.jpg

I'm going to do linear (speed) dispersion with this from 10 & 20 feet.   I'll set it up parallel to my line beside the cup with some markings on the string to identify distance.  I'll then plot where each putt stops so that I can put together a plot graph that will look a graphic version of this.

image.jpeg

If you don't know what this is it's a Scott Fawcett Decade Golf concept that you have a speed dispersion pattern when putting.  You leave x number short at the bottom of the pattern, x number in the center, and x number at the end.  The idea is to center the heaviest concentration of your speed dispersion pattern on the hole so you make more.  It makes you putt more freely doing this since you're less concerned with speed and more concerned with putting the ball on a line that's going to center your dispersion pattern over the hole.  Should be a good test of the speed control of the Link vs. the other putters.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

With all your excitement and early success I broke and ordered a putter through Sam. 

We had a great exchange and did a virtual fit which was stupid simple. 

With that even though not an official tester as I will have a putter around the same time (due to arrive Tuesday) and since baby is coming June 13th I will have a lot of time for putting and not much else I will be doing a review along side you guys!

Awesome, mine arrives Wednesday! 

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

With all your excitement and early success I broke and ordered a putter through Sam. 

With that even though not an official tester as I will have a putter around the same time (due to arrive Tuesday) and since baby is coming June 13th I will have a lot of time for putting and not much else I will be doing a review along side you guys!

That's awesome.  MGS forum discount code incoming?  Haven't seen this much excitement on the forum about a brand of putters since Evnroll swept the most wanted awards a few years ago.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

1 hour ago, Bucky CC said:

That's awesome.  MGS forum discount code incoming?  Haven't seen this much excitement on the forum about a brand of putters since Evnroll swept the most wanted awards a few years ago.

No discount codes unfortunately. Between the testers success and @GolfSpy SAM raving non stop about his there was simply too much evidence saying it would help my putting. Which is going through a bit of time right now. 

Bottom line theme really seem to be onto something with their tech making putting a lot more simpler. 

as this is also a data heavy review I am more intrigued and will give me an excuse to get on SAM Lab to see some other real world results 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I just wanna chime in real quick and say I love the Link. I’m getting more used to the setup and stroke and have been dropping some serious putts! I think once I switch out the grip, it’s gonna become a glorified cheat stick. 

So what did you order??? Lets hear all the details.

47 minutes ago, pozzit said:
22 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Well it is arriving soon so I will do a full Unboxing and everything when it arrives!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 hours ago, pozzit said:
23 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Well it is arriving soon so I will do a full Unboxing and everything when it arrives!

I think I might know. Perhaps I saw a sign(ature) somewhere😅

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Such a tease. Lol. 

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (ACCRA FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Using the MEZZ Max Putter.  I am not a Putter Ho so my comparisons will be along with my gamer a Makefield original with a BGT shaft.

For reference My gauge is the total number of putts for a round and the info from the CAPTO unit. 

I took out the Makefield on the first round of the year and had a terrific round of putting ending up with 3 putt on each side and a few one putts for a even 36 putts. OK its a regulation round.

Week one with the mezz mzx and I recorded the same number of putts however there where more  3 putts and more 1 putts. 

Week two was not a go day of putting.  no concentration resulting in a putt count of 38.

Week 3 was a different week entirely.  a record low for me at 33 putts! only one 3 putt a side. 

This took me indoors for a CAPTO session which will be posted later. 

As a reminder I am releasing a video as to the initial thoughts of the  putter and on course putting.  We will also be discussing it on the live stream tonight at 530 pm eastern. look up mcgolf on youtube if you want to watch and or listen. Might even be talking the pinehurst trip.

Needless to say the putter aligns well and the feel for the "NO TORQUE" is certainly a thing. Thing so far that is most impactful to me is where the shaft enters the head. It is back from the face far enough to allow for some alignment lines and NOW when looking at the ball I'm able to see the face to the ball in relation to the direction of the putt. I.e, less crap in the way to putt better.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I am loving the reviews and the data so far! Keep up the great work!

Question for the reviewers and other MSG forum members that have LAB Putters: if you did the remote virtual fitting, how accurate was the fitting? I did the remote fitting and I am on the verge of placing my custom putter and am concerned with the fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB:

Takkomo.png.2fd3ccfadfdb71195da27b04616ac6c5.png Takomo IGNIS Driver 10.5* (1* strong) with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 5.5 shaft

Takkomo.png.2fd3ccfadfdb71195da27b04616ac6c5.png Takomo IGNIS 5 Wood with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 5.5 shaft

Untitled2.png.80d892461ed08eaa7fe955b28995d7e9.png Ping G430 22* Hybrid with HZRDUS Smoke Red 80g 6.0 shaft

Untitled.png.5ecdabcbb4b233d7651619da934c3a6a.png Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-PW with KBS Tour Light R shafts

Edison.png.1b14460d57753ae667327c0f7d3399a9.png Edison 2.0 Wedges 51° 55° 59° with KBS Tour 110 R shafts

image.png.a072db0e36674771c57e6581a9a7be30.png L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 MAX with LAB x Accra shaft

Question for the reviewers and other MSG forum members that have LAB Putters: if you did the remote virtual fitting, how accurate was the fitting? I did the remote fitting and I am on the verge of placing my custom putter and am concerned with the fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did the virtual fitting which was super simple which I'm sure you saw. The putter feels right from a lie and length spec but im not sure the "accuracy" since I have nothing to compare with. I will say I trust it with LAB since this is how they do all/most fittings so they are using that as their standard.

45 minutes ago, DRLEONARD58 said:

I've never been fit for a putter before, but I felt it was pretty accurate for me. I never realized just how much my previous putters were toe up before I recorded my setup and discussed things with Sam. I've always played them at 36-36.5" just based on my own preference and what I felt was right. I felt he did a great job fitting me into the Link at 37" with a more proper lie angle.

Is there something specific about the fitting that you're worried about?

My initial thoughts are up.

Link:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

This beauty showed up two days early! And then it rained all evening so it only got some living room use but it's every but as good as my Directed Force 2.1 that I've had for a few years. Can't wait to get this thing on the course!

PXL_20230606_001838027.jpg.512b5af90a1e4259b4c136589663fe37.jpg

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

36 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

This beauty showed up two days early! And then it rained all evening so it only got some living room use but it's every but as good as my Directed Force 2.1 that I've had for a few years. Can't wait to get this thing on the course!

PXL_20230606_001838027.jpg.512b5af90a1e4259b4c136589663fe37.jpg

I think if I would have bought one, it would have been this one. Mainly because the DF2.1 is so different than the putters I have used. I have no regrets about the DF2.1, other than it is exposing some flaws. It was much easier when it was the equipment instead of the user. Not the equipment now. 

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

14 minutes ago, McGolf said:

I was just firing up YouTube to watch the Monday livestream replay and saw this.   Nice start/into to the lab putters.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

12 hours ago, TSauer said:

Is there something specific about the fitting that you're worried about?

I suppose I am just concerned with the need for a lie angle adjustment after ordering my custom putter. I do feel like the toe of my current putter is up a bit so the slightly flatter angle (2* flatter) would remedy that. 

Slightly off-topic: How did everyone who uses a LAB Putter choose the particular style (Link, MEZZ, or DF)? I am honestly torn between the Link and the DF. I am currently rolling a Ping Sedona blade-style putter that I have had for ~25 years. I have always been interested in mallet style putters but nothing has convinced me to make the switch -- until LAB golf. Aesthetically, I do not love the MEZZ, which is shocking since the DF style actually appeals to me. I had been eyeing the Link due to it's traditional style but I am wondering if I would gain more consistency and scoring from a DF. Any thoughts are welcome!

Edited by DRLEONARD58

WITB:

Takkomo.png.2fd3ccfadfdb71195da27b04616ac6c5.png Takomo IGNIS Driver 10.5* (1* strong) with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 5.5 shaft

Takkomo.png.2fd3ccfadfdb71195da27b04616ac6c5.png Takomo IGNIS 5 Wood with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 5.5 shaft

Untitled2.png.80d892461ed08eaa7fe955b28995d7e9.png Ping G430 22* Hybrid with HZRDUS Smoke Red 80g 6.0 shaft

Untitled.png.5ecdabcbb4b233d7651619da934c3a6a.png Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-PW with KBS Tour Light R shafts

Edison.png.1b14460d57753ae667327c0f7d3399a9.png Edison 2.0 Wedges 51° 55° 59° with KBS Tour 110 R shafts

image.png.a072db0e36674771c57e6581a9a7be30.png L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 MAX with LAB x Accra shaft

28 minutes ago, McGolf said:

Very nice video, but oh my goodness, FIX THAT CROOKED FLAG STICK!!!!  I usually leave the pin in when I putt but that would bother me like crazy.

image.png.fdc33028cb2cd4d690139d174492212b.png

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter