Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Garsen Putter Grip - Ultimate - 2023 Forum Review

Garsen Ultimate Putter Grip - Official MGS Forum Review by scooterhd2

Introduction:

Hey Spies! Your favorite substitute teacher Mr. image.png.5845b437da3744be4f5cc162a5e7aef8.png is here! AKA scooter. 

I bought my first set of clubs in 2013 at the age of 28, mostly to have some sticks for the yearly company golf tournament. I was living in Oregon at the time, working in an industry that was fairly seasonal and super busy during the peak summer golf season.  I was hoping to pick up the game, but ended up only playing two or three times a year and never broke 100. In 2019, I moved to Arizona and decided to really pursue the game more. My work is more flexible. I live right next to a golf course, I work right next to a golf course, the weather is great 😎, no excuses. And so I put in the time on the range, watched countless videos on youtube, had a few lessons, immersed myself in golf content and web forums, became a semiprofessional club flipper on ebay, and I was fortunately able to work my handicap down to under 5 in about 3 years despite having 3 young kids. I’ve sort of plateaued there, and I’m content with that for the time being. 

20190727_141511.jpg.2571f4b8b2117de27cb11f33d327b65a.jpg

I’m sure I’ve driven Garsen’s analytics team mad over the years because I’ve been to their webpage about a thousand times, clicked through every product, watched the videos on every grip, and... failed to purchase. 🥴 Sorry! I’m just an avid researcher and I am so intrigued by putters and putter grips and just want to know all that is out there. There's so many options it's hard to choose, but there is no doubting that Garsen has some really fascinating products. That's why I keep window shopping them. 🤩 And of course you see the adoption, and in some cases long time use, by pros like Tony Finau and Dylan Fritelli, so you know they are putting out quality. I am absolutely thrilled and grateful to have this testing opportunity, so thank you so much MGS and Garsen! 

I went through a long stint of experimenting with different grips, different holds, different putter lengths, heavier swingweights, counterbalanced grips, before I realized or admitted that my putting stroke just sucks. So I sold all my fancy putters, bought a Yes! Putter for pennies, and have been grinding for months on start line drills and ladders drills, and wouldnt you know, my putting is much improved. Now that I have some confidence and some consistency, its a great time for me to use the grip to fine tune things rather than searching for an overhaul. Garsen's tagline is really resonating with me - "Don’t change your stroke, just get a Garsen." I have a putting mat to do some quantitative testing and can set up some games on the practice greens, but for me, the real testing is out on the course and is mostly feel based. Is the face being delivered square, is the applied speed and ball speed matching up, and is the feedback in the hands matching the strike? And that’s where Garsen will need to shine to make the bag! Interesting timing for me on this test... I am headed to 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 May 27th-June 4th. Will a Garsen grip be in the bag?

First Impressions (9.5 out of 10)

While the packaging is no frills, I was immediately impressed with the color ways. Each grip is solid in color with no blemishes. The transitions from the coloured grips to white text is pure. After taking them out of the plastic packaging, I was also quite pleased that they were virtually odorless. I’m not sure that directly and completely correlates to quality, but I have had cheap grips before that absolutely wreak for days, and that was not the case here, so that’s an added bonus for me.

CLEAR.png.81435ba246cc933949a14616df85dc03.png

In regards to the Ultimate, the grip has a consistent tackiness and softness in the hand that is quite pleasing. What immediately stood out to me is that the Ultimate is very light at just 55 grams. That not much different than a regular iron grip and quite different from most of the putter grips I've used in the past that have been in the 70-85 gram range. Still, my first thoughts when holding the Ultimate were that we need to get this on a club ASAP, so that has to be deserving of a strong first impression score. I immediately put the Max on myself with air and had my local shop do a standard tape and solvent installation with the Ultimate on my gamer Yes! CNC milled putter. 

FI.png.824e5a4ddff47cf3ab798374296d9374.png

Aesthetics (8.5 out of 10) 

I’m a big fan of the more subtle branding. The G on the grip cap. The smallish Garsen logo running down the side of the grip. I do wish that the Ultimate branding followed that same line of thought. In the Max and Quad Tour, the grip model names are both much smaller and more discreetly placed. In the Ultimate, it’s a bit loud for my taste with white text running right down the center of the grip. To be fair, it's not anything that you wouldn't also see on a Super Stroke or Rosemark grip. But I'd be more keen on a black on black version. Still, it’s a simple, clean design without any defects. It certainly looks the part of an upgraded aftermarket grip. 

Blank3GridsCollage.png.25ab804659a1bf1ab5a39f1545ec9169.png

The Fit and Feel (16 out of 20)

It’s hard not to like the in hand feel of the Garsen Ultimate. It’s a softer, fairly tacky grip, and the material rates highly as a shock absorber. The grip is non tapered and has to be one of the longer grips I’ve used at 11.5 inches. In theory that might work well for people with split hands grips, claw, or left hand low. I found it versatile for my neutral grip with the added length helping on side hill lies with the ball above your feet where you need to choke down. There seems to be alot of versatility here for various grip types. 

I did notice that in my first practice session with the Ultimate, I had a strong tendency to push putts. I ended up changing my grip slightly, and strengthening my right hand some and was quickly able to normalize my stroke. Feels like Garsen is successful here in getting/forcing the grip more in the palms, as your left hand has to get a bit weaker and the right hand a bit stronger. This externally rotates the arms and gets the elbows more tucked. I can’t say it feels immediately natural in the hands for me, but I do sense more of a straight rocking motion when putting. And when I got in the zone, it worked well for me. Nothing beats draining some putts at work!

One thing that bothered me early, but that I started to become accustomed to, was the dampened feel off the putter. I might be hyper conditioned to it using a blade and previously using a Golf Pride Pro Only which is very firm, but I found the Ultimate to be too quiet for my tastes. It seems to mask mishits and make everything feel mushy. I compare it to the Evnroll face. I imagine some people prefer that feel and for me it’s not a deal breaker, but just not my preference. 

In practice sessions on the Perfect Putt mat from 8 feet to the larger hole, I had mixed results with the Garsen Ultimate. On one hand I had more 10/10 sessions, but also more on the lower spectrum. It seemed to run hot or cold for me. Certainly more volatile. On average I made 8.1 putts with the Ultimate versus 8.15 with my Golf Pride Pro Only, which is slightly worse but not likely to be statistically significant given the sample size. But it’s hard to ignore posting three 6/10s. It is frustrating missing the hole, but I also got hot at times so there may be something to build off and keep working towards. Perhaps some unlocked potential. Here's the results of 20 trials with each grip putting 10 times in a row to a target 7 feet away:

image.png.ab2c19d62cda71e47f742767db636771.png

On The Course (15 out of 20)

Boy did I do some on course testing! Besides running around a few local tracks, the Garsen Ultimate and I did the grand tour of Fife in Scotland and visited Lundin Links, Dumbarnie, 💗The Old Course, The Duke’s Course, The New Course, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns, Gleneagles, and even a lap around the Himalayas 👍.

scot1.jpg.0ce6ec433a9e5fcc52aaa371bf8da118.jpg

20230530_202650-PANO.jpg.99962057c71ad15146f19c39e11f2f08.jpg

I had caddies for 5 of my rounds in Scotland and 3 mentioned and asked questions about the Ultimate grip. My caddie at the New Course noticed right away and when I putted lights out that day and literally could not miss I found him taking practice strokes on the teebox on more than one occasion. On the flip side, I had the best ball striking day of my career at Kingsbarns where I shot a 77 with three 3 putts, 4 missed birdie putts inside 7 feet, and honestly never made any putt that wasn’t inside the putter length. Post round my caddy said that it was an absolute treat watching my tee to green game but that I should throw my putter in the ocean! 😪 Ouch! 

And that pretty much sums up my on course feelings. At times feeling unstoppable and in command, and other times not feeling comfortable over the putt and playing with ball position, grip, and stance mid round searching for something. There's potential here, but in this testing span I wasn’t able to completely harness it. 

As far as durability goes, I tested the Ultimate as hard as I could in the time period. Between the 100 degree days in Phoenix, even hotter temps in my car, travelling across the pond, British Airways losing my golf bag on the way back for a few days, we certainly gave it a run. I tried to melt you, break you, lose you, and certainly pulled you out of my bag more times in 6 days than I ever thought possible. But one wipe with a damp towel and the Garsen is looking as good as day 1.

I did also keep a PPR stat just because it felt like the right thing to do. But I think its a tough comparison under any conditions, but even more so putting in Scotland on massive greens. I feel like it’s hard not to putt more and often a three putt feels like a good thing when you are 50 yards away. That being said, here’s 10 rounds played with the Garsen Ultimate versus my previous 15 rounds with the Golf Pride. My average went from up 32.5 to 33.6.

image.png.30572ff4e45cb57e28f13a34beccef44.png

The Good, The Bad, The Inbetween (18 out of 20)

High marks here because Garsen was a great company to work with. Communication and shipping was quick and efficient. I’m still feeling blessed that we are getting the opportunity to work with all 3 grips, and I’ve noticed they have the same package together for sale on their website. Really smart. I did not have any of the quality issues on the grip cap that others saw. In fact, I’ve been impressed with the durability and ease of cleaning. I also installed the Max grip myself with air and had my shop install the Ultimate. Both installs were quick and easy. I truly don't have anything bad to say about the grip or company other than my own performance at times. 

texture.jpg.1c9d171d4d53ef7f5a9fbb4d4391f5e2.jpg

The one oddity that I have to point out is the difference in texture between some of the grips. I noticed the differences on the website and it appears to be validated with our testing samples. The Blue and Green grips have a G cut out stacked across the grip. The red has a diamond like texture and the black has more of a honeycomb look. I doubt there’s any performance difference, but what gives? Different batches? Different manufacturing facilities? Different versions? I know consistency with grips is difficult and even different colors will have different weights, but it just seems odd that the texture would be different. At least what we got is consistent with what is shown on the website…

Play it or Trade it? (15 out of 20)

A bit of a tough call here because I had moments where I did truly putt my best with the Ultimate. But on the other hand I didnt feel consistent enough where I would use this grip tomorrow in a tournament if my life depended on it. That being said, I’m going to take it off with air to preserve it because you just never know. I could see myself going back to it. Maybe I could get it dialed in and reduce the off days, but for now I am eager to try the Max and Quad as well. I've had very good training sessions this past week with the Max and am very intrigued by it.

That being said, I think the Ultimate is probably the most versatile of the bunch and was a great introduction to Garsen. I think any grip style could get comfortable on this grip, and besides fitting a neutral grip well I feel it's especially favourable to left hand low and claw styles.

20230531_112304.jpg.4c3c491311f6a99bdbcacf0672927266.jpg

In terms of value, I think the Garsen lineup is more than fair. You can certainly find a Lamkin or Golf Pride for less, but when you start looking at Rosemark, P2, Evnroll Gravity, 2THUMB, etc, the price is right in line. Superstroke floats at or just under that price point as well. When you buy all 3 together in the core pack, its $26 a grip which seems like a great deal. Feels like if you have a putter that you love and are committed to, that might be the way to go. Knowing some big names on tour are playing Garsen as well, has to authenticate the quality and value. 

Conclusion

Garsen has 69 tour wins, so they are clearly doing alot right. The Ultimate is undoubtedly a quality grip. I love the materials and in hand feel. It’s been plenty durable thus far. And I think Garsen is successful here in forcing some biomechanical efficiencies. While it took some conscious effort on my part to change my hand position, I think that was exactly the goal of the grip and in that way it’s a success. Weaker left hand, stronger right, palms more together, elbows more tucked, easier to move the unit together. I find all of that to be true, but maybe did not translate exactly as I hoped to the golf course where I ran more hot and cold than normal.

That being said, I think the Ultimate forces more subtle changes than the rest of the Garsen lineup, so I can’t wait to see what’s in store with the Max and Quad Tour.

20230607_073813.jpg.9e35292cfc676cca40227eccfcc271f7.jpg

Final Score (82 out of 100)

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Hi Spies!

For those who aren't yet familiar with me, I'm perhaps the worst golfer on the forum.  I started playing seriously in 2020 and have been working on improving my game, and I think I have, though the scores don't show it without some deep analysis.  The time is coming though!  While I don't think equipment will fix my skill deficiencies, I am curious and hopeful that some new design will work better with my game and give me a boost.  Isn't that why we're all here?

Putting used to be somewhat of a strength in my game.  I recently haven't been doing too well, giving up some easy points where I had no business missing.  I haven't had this analyzed, but about a year ago I switched from an old Wilson BT-2 blade putter to a Kirkland Signature KS1.  I love the feel of the KS1 being a counter balanced putter with a SuperStroke grip.  Also, I probably have changed my putting mechanics and my eyeglass prescription over the years, all leading to trouble aiming.  What is causing this, and can a different grip help some errors in my setup, body alignment, and overall stroke to improve my putting?  We're here to find out.

My current handicap is a high 41.7, compared to the 37.6 I had at the end of last season.  A good amount of this is in both short game errors (longer putts, more strokes to get on green), but also in putting.  I currently average about 42 putts per round.  That's over half of par!  I'm curious whether the Garsen Ultimate can help me drop this closer to 36 on average, which is closer to where I think my skill level should be.  Are lag putts ending up closer?  Are my target lines being followed more accurately?  Is my speed control better overall?  

I would like to give results for both of my putters using the Ultimate compared to current grips.  Was hoping to have photos of both of my current weapons to include with this intro, but as I'm traveling this week didn't have an opportunity to capture their likenesses in digital media.  More will come when I get home and can do my product unboxing.

The Review
June 11, 2023

First Impressions, 9 out of 10

I liked the look of the ULTIMATE as soon as I opened the envelope.  It came to me in a FedEx envelope as they are lightweight and need no padding.  Not sure if this is how they are generally shipped to customers, would have been nice to see their normal packaging/branding.  Deducted a point for this.

Screenshot2023-05-19at10_38_53AM.png.c918e1b77159f18a83626ab12dd0c290.png

The ULTIMATE is supposedly designed to allow you to use any grip style you want.  In essence, it is similar to a straight SuperStroke type of grip, with a flat thumb pad on the front perpendicular to your club face, and a rounded thick body.  It’s a bit slimmer than the SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 that came on my Kirkland putter.  I installed it on my old Wilson BrassTech BT-2 putter that I bought in 2001.  It had a hard rubber thin pistol grip that did have a flat face, but cramped my hands during initial comparison testing. 

The old grips
Screenshot2023-05-19at11_00_20AM.png.9652d0a823359728589d5c914a9c38a2.png

The Aesthetics get a 9 out of 10.  Frankly, this grip looks great.  I love having a bright color on the top to go against my brass putter head.  The construction is of high quality, and the ‘G’ shaped pattern on the grip looks nice.  I had to take a point away as the top cap seems a bit sloppily placed and has some glue showing. 

For fit and feel I give it 9 out of 10.  The grip material is about as hard as shoe leather and has a slight give, but is fairly firm in your hand.  It has good tackiness and doesn’t feel like it will slip.  I wet my hands to simulate rain and it still felt secure as I made a few putts.  My fingers didn’t feel quite as glued on as when dry, but I was in no risk of slipping.  It’s a bit slimmer than my SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0, but felt like it filled my grip comfortably.  I do like the feel better than the foamy feel of the SuperStroke.  The ULTIMATE also has a seam in the back that lines up with the center of the flat front thumb pad.  This helped me to envision my face alignment with my hands so I wasn’t fooled into the optical illusion of being aimed inside.  I would however like it to be just a smidge thicker. I think it would keep me from inadvertently twisting more, so minus a  point.  Maybe I'll try and add more tape.

Performed as expected in real life i.e.,on the course, 20 out of 20  This grip felt great and helped me see the lines better.  The color of the grip really stands out against the darker green grass if I have to lay it down.  While it didn’t keep me from three putts, shots were more on line and I could control speed better than with my SuperStroke.  I usually use a standard grip, but other grip styles felt secure as well.  I did try claw, reverse claw and prayer grips with good comfort.
NewPutterGrip.png.56c20ad0ce0376e50d816f1ae0c8f573.png

Some other thoughts, 19 out of 20

This grip has been easy to be with from the start.  Shipping was fast, but maybe that was because it probably didn’t come to me through their normal distribution.  The personal touch was nice, but will take a point off for not being able to speak to the customer experience. Installation was easy.  I used the compressed air installation with just a single tape layer.  The grip has stayed firm through all of my play and testing, about five rounds worth.  Replacing it was easy as well, as I made a mistake and installed it upside down initially.  In all it took me less than 30 minutes with the mistake to get it installed. I really like the feel of the seam on the back, it gives me an extra sensory data point in lining up my putt. The feel of the ball translates well through the grip and I can tell where on the face I mishit the ball.  I have yet to find anything I dislike about the club aside from the glue on the top piece.

Good to go, or got to go?  19 out of 20

This is a grip I’d keep in my bag.  I like it way better than the grip this club came with, and better than the SuperStroke on my Kirkland putter.  The MSRP on this grip is in line with similar offerings from other manufacturers, and seems more than fair. I’m playing in a tournament June 17th and I plan on taking this setup with me.  Does it help me shoot better?  I think so.  And that means it probably does.  

A downside I can see is they may have a hard time holding up for some.  I  keep my putter in the second row in my bag between the lob wedge, pitching wedge and 7-iron.  The grip under the cap seems to be wearing out from rubbing against the other club's grips.  

PXL_20230612_031624905.jpg.29641dd1a535dd055de88c850698c60b.jpg

Final conclusion

The Garsen ULTIMATE putter grip is a fantastic upgrade for your putter.  The grip design lets you get the feel you need to line up and execute your putts reliably.  Bright color options help it stand out, and the grip feels firm yet tacky.  The best of all worlds.  Well priced, good distribution, and easy self installation if you choose to go that route.

Final Score - 95 out of 100

And the old one?PXL_20230519_213612599.jpg.2b3be3169aa998bc5fb9734ccba578f1.jpg

- Mr. Mushball, a.k.a Morgan Sackett

Edited by Mr. Mushball
Review post

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

Heck yeah, congrats to y'all! Looking forward to the feedback!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced! Ultimate Putter Grip from Garsen!

A little about the grip!

"Versatility"

The Garsen Ultimate grip brings the innovation of side facing thumb position to a full size, comfortable, and slightly less exaggerated feel. This grip is a great way to gain all the biomechanical advantages to your putting stroke while maintaining a more traditional overall feel to the grip.

Unlike a traditional putter grip, the ULTIMATE has three flat sides. Like the original G-Pro design it allows you to place your hands in a position so the palms face each other and the wrists are in a neutral position.

It also allows you to place hands into many other positions creating your desired grip. It works extremely well with the claw grip. This grip was developed with input from players on the PGA Tour.

image.png

Please welcome and congratulate our testers for this grip!

@revkev
@golfinnut
@scooterhd2
@Mr. Mushball

These testers will receive all 3 Garsen Putter grips, but be doing their main review on this grip!

Congratulations!

My bag consists of

Odyssey Backstryke D.A.R.T. Putter

Calloway Diablo Habanero Driver 9.5

PING eye 2 Irons (4-PW)

Nicklaus ATW 3 HYBRID

King Cobra 3 wood

King Cobra 5 wood

Sand wedge

Lob wedge

Congratulations everyone, this should be one of the more interesting test,I think having the correct putter grip can make a huge impact on shots gained on the green for the average golfer. 

Ian Lydon

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9.5

3W: Cobra LTDx

3H: Callaway XR 16 Pro

Irons: Titleist T100 (2023) PW-6, Titleist T200 (2023) 5-4

Wedges: Sub 70 (52 and 58 Tester)

Putter: Ping Anser G2

Thanks guys - very excited to be selected for this test. Thanks Garsen and MGS moderator team. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced! Ultimate Putter Grip from Garsen!

A little about the grip!

"Versatility"

The Garsen Ultimate grip brings the innovation of side facing thumb position to a full size, comfortable, and slightly less exaggerated feel. This grip is a great way to gain all the biomechanical advantages to your putting stroke while maintaining a more traditional overall feel to the grip.

Unlike a traditional putter grip, the ULTIMATE has three flat sides. Like the original G-Pro design it allows you to place your hands in a position so the palms face each other and the wrists are in a neutral position.

It also allows you to place hands into many other positions creating your desired grip. It works extremely well with the claw grip. This grip was developed with input from players on the PGA Tour.

image.png

Please welcome and congratulate our testers for this grip!

@revkev
@golfinnut
@scooterhd2
@Mr. Mushball

These testers will receive all 3 Garsen Putter grips, but be doing their main review on this grip!

Congrats testers 

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Congrats testers! Looking forward to your reviews!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

@revkev
@golfinnut
@scooterhd2
@Mr. Mushball

Congratulations guys... Enjoy your testing process.  Can't wait to see the results!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

WhooHoo!  Excited to try this grip out.  Heard so many good things about it.  Plus ... I need Something to help me with my putting.  Hopefully this is the answer I've been looking for.  👍

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Congrats testers following along this one. Love my current grip but depending on how this review goes when it comes time to replace this has my attention 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Congrats Testers.  I am in the market for a new putter grip so I can't wait to hear how it goes for everyone!  

Lee Stanek

Driver: Taylormade.jpg.9d38498f8a6006a57c3d138bbf9964b9.jpg  SIM2 Max 9*

3,9 Woods:  Callaway.jpg.c961807c499184adde0c3ed28e3f228d.jpg S2H2 Big Bertha

4-9i,PW,SW Callaway.jpg.c961807c499184adde0c3ed28e3f228d.jpg  S2H2

GW Taylormade.jpg.9d38498f8a6006a57c3d138bbf9964b9.jpg MG3 52*

LW Adams GT2 Undercut 60*

Putter: Titleist.jpg.371c05d2e7430a89639ff5927b325962.jpg  Scotty Cameron Caliente

Ball: Play either Titleist.jpg.371c05d2e7430a89639ff5927b325962.jpg ProV1 or  

Congrats testers looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Congratulations testers!

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Congrats on selection! I am interested to see how the Ultimate stacks up against the Max and will be following along.

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-7i:  :titleist-small: T200  Recoil 110 f4

8i-PW: :titleist-small: T150 Recoil 110 f4

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Funny thing is I was going to purchase a Garsen grip if I wasn't selected for this.  Haha!  😆  I already had them in my sights!  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Congratulations Testers! Look forward to reading your reviews! ⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Congrats testers.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Cool tech that I must admit intrigues me a touch. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I am very curious about these grips and can't wait to try them out!  I am very happy with the Super Stroke grip I have on my gamer, but would love to see if these offer more.  I'm going to be following all three testing threads as I'm also intrigued by the Quad Tour.  Putting is certainly an area that I could use some improvement in, and these are supposed to help with your body mechanics.  Hopefully that means the ball goes where I want it to more often than not.

Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

Hoping mine gets here before I go to Firt Wayne on the 15th. I’m intending on playing twice while in Indiana. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

And so it begins…IMG_2439.jpeg.f4e877e676234249e08862f106b0591c.jpegIMG_2442.jpeg.e3c492722b55363573dcbc76406a6894.jpegIMG_2443.jpeg.5e9690d8d0fd8f7fc78403daa5cecde0.jpeg

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I just picked up a Nike Method Midnight 007 with a Garsen grip on it. Just rolled it on the practice mat so far, but it feels really good, seems to help in getting a neutral back and forth stroke for me at least.

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

I'm seeing other testers receiving their packages and I'm getting psyched.  I'm traveling this week and am looking forward to getting home to a nice welcome package.  Will have to get on the course as soon as possible after Mother's Day to give the Ultimate a rip!