Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Does anyone think their bag makeup is strange?

Is it wrong that I carry a 3 Hybrid and a 2 Iron that both go the same distance? I let my 4i go for the 3 hybrid even though its the same distance as my 2i really. I just find it easier to hit the 200 plus shots with my hybrid off the deck but I also love my 2i off the tee and its my fairway finder when I'm having one of them days. The gap between the 4i and 5i wasn't that big so made the decision to sacrifice that for the extra beef of the hybrid. In the back of my head it feels wrong but also it does make sense! Anyone else have these dilemmas?

Callaway Epic Max LS 9 deg Mitsubishi MMT Stiff

Callaway Epic Max 4 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Green Stiff

Callaway Apex 21 3 Hybrid stiff

TaylorMade 2017 P790 UDI 2 iron KBS C Taper Stiff

Taylormade 2021 P790 4-PW Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50 and 56 mid and 60 low

Bettinardi Studio Stock 34

2 hours ago, StuartDaddy said:

Is it wrong that I carry a 3 Hybrid and a 2 Iron that both go the same distance? I let my 4i go for the 3 hybrid even though its the same distance as my 2i really. I just find it easier to hit the 200 plus shots with my hybrid off the deck but I also love my 2i off the tee and its my fairway finder when I'm having one of them days. The gap between the 4i and 5i wasn't that big so made the decision to sacrifice that for the extra beef of the hybrid. In the back of my head it feels wrong but also it does make sense! Anyone else have these dilemmas?

Not really - the only club that I hit over 200 is driver unless there’s a lot of wind, very firm turf or I skull a wedge. 🙂

Seriously you know the course and conditions that you play on and you know your game. If your course requires lower ball flight straight shots 200 off the tee and then gives you a crack at a couple of par 5’s from 200 but a higher trajectory than 2 iron affords, why not?  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

3 hours ago, StuartDaddy said:

It’s not wrong to carry any combination of clubs that you desire.  The goal is to be able to shoot the lowest score you can; the clubs in you bag are just tools to accomplish that task.   You seem to know the shots you want and need to hit so that makes the configuration right for you.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Not strange at all I Carry a 3 wood turned down a 2 iron and a 2h all that go roughly the same distance. The iron I can work better the three wood and 2h just feel good I love low ball flights and I’m pretty s*** with a driver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

If you have the golf clubs to hit the shots you want to hit, it doesn't matter if you golf club set is "different". Your golf clubs are there to help you shot the best score possible. Having two clubs that go about the same distance, but, hitting different shots is fine, if that helps you shoot better scores. 

Yeh I know what you all mean. I am happy with my bag but then still have a nagging voice in the back of my head saying "why have you got 2 clubs that go the same distance". Plus I am looking of ways to try a Callaway Apex UW and see if it fits in the bag. Looking for new clubs is just way too addictive! 😆

My bag right now is a hot mess-- but I am in the 70's most  rounds, so I am keeping it for the time being.   

Ping G410 Driver;  Ping g425 3W;  Titleist 915 7w;  Callaway XR 3h and 4h; Tour Edition 5h;  Cobra King F8 1-length 7i, 8i;  Cleveland HiBore 9i (9i, chipper, short utility, bunker magic, etc); Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal PW, GW;  Tommy Armor 52, 56 Wedges;   New TaylorMade Chaska Putter.  

No Brand loyalty, here, LOL.    I am all about results.   That whole mess (above) actually gaps pretty well.   I have full sets of all the Cobra and Mizuno irons, but I have them blended to play each to their strengths.  I am playing this weekend in my first club event of the year  as a 7 HDCP.   64 years young.  

----------

PIng G410, 10.5 set at 9.5/  Cleveland 3+ Hy-wood (18*) / Titleist 915 7w / Callaway XR 4h / Tour Edge HL-4 5h / Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal 7i - GW / Tommy Armour 845 CB wedges (52, 56*).   Ping Sigma 2 Fetch Putter.   SkyTrak in the Garage.  

7 minutes ago, saz0418 said:

My bag right now is a hot mess-- but I am in the 70's most  rounds, so I am keeping it for the time being.   

Ping G410 Driver;  Ping g425 3W;  Titleist 915 7w;  Callaway XR 3h and 4h; Tour Edition 5h;  Cobra King F8 1-length 7i, 8i;  Cleveland HiBore 9i (9i, chipper, short utility, bunker magic, etc); Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal PW, GW;  Tommy Armor 52, 56 Wedges;   New TaylorMade Chaska Putter.  

No Brand loyalty, here, LOL.    I am all about results.   That whole mess (above) actually gaps pretty well.   I have full sets of all the Cobra and Mizuno irons, but I have them blended to play each to their strengths.  I am playing this weekend in my first club event of the year  as a 7 HDCP.   64 years young.  

Are the TA wedges the new ones or some old wedges!

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

16 minutes ago, saz0418 said:

Wow! that is definitely the bag of a player not tied down to an endorsement deal!!

You never said whether the 2 iron off the deck and the hybrid off the tee go the same distance. I’m guessing the 3H off the deck goes a lot higher than the 2 iron so it holds the green, while the 2 iron off the tee runs out for longer tee shots. In other words, you have 2 different clubs for 2 different situations. Makes perfect sense to me. 

The only thing strange about my bag is that I only have one club that isn't at least 5 years old- my PXG driver I purchased last year. Adams Idea Pro hybrid that is approaching 20 years, Titleist 714 irons, and a 917 3-wood, I stick with what works.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

29 minutes ago, Barry56 said:

You never said whether the 2 iron off the deck and the hybrid off the tee go the same distance. I’m guessing the 3H off the deck goes a lot higher than the 2 iron so it holds the green, while the 2 iron off the tee runs out for longer tee shots. In other words, you have 2 different clubs for 2 different situations. Makes perfect sense to me. 

Yes this is exactly it. Played St Andrews last month (New, Jubilee,  Eden and Castle) and I used my 2i way more than usual off the tee for that reason, firm fairways and high winds! The 3h is more reliable off the deck than the 2i

32 minutes ago, Barry56 said:

3h carry is about 10-20 yards carry more off the tee but the roll out on the 2i is crazy when firm.

8 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

The only thing strange about my bag is that I only have one club that isn't at least 5 years old- my PXG driver I purchased last year. Adams Idea Pro hybrid that is approaching 20 years, Titleist 714 irons, and a 917 3-wood, I stick with what works.

I used to love the Adams fairway woods if I could find a decent condition one I think I would get one. read the other day that they're coming back ??? Thought Callaway both them out years ago

18 minutes ago, StuartDaddy said:

I used to love the Adams fairway woods if I could find a decent condition one I think I would get one. read the other day that they're coming back ??? Thought Callaway both them out years ago

Taylormade it seems not Callaway. 

37 minutes ago, StuartDaddy said:

It was TaylorMade that bought them back in 2012. And if you look at the TM hybrids from the 20-teens they are in that boxer shape. I'm sure you can find stuff on eBay. That's where I pick up my stuff.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I carry Driver, 5-wood, 4 hybrid, 2, 4-W irons, et al. 

I use the 2i mostly for intentional fades, slices, trouble punch shots.

For distance I control the 4H better than 2i. 

Titleist 915 D2

beryllium Ping eye2

Vokey wedges

Odessey 2 ball putter

As Long as you keep it to 14 clubs who cares how strange it is if it works for you. 
I don’t carry two clubs that go the same distance. I carry driver 3w 5w 7w. Couple hybrids but I’ll prolly be getting rid of one of those pxg hybrids. I seem to be hitting my six iron better than my 25 degree hybrid. 
So again, it’s not strange if it works for you. 
you might also consider a trip to someone where that can dial in all your clubs to make sure they are gapped properly. I do that twice per year. I play 100+ rounds and my clubs are forged. Plus your swing can change as well. 

Witb= Rogue max LS driver

3wood 5 wood and 7 wood all first gen stealth. 
22 degree pxg hybrid 25 degree pxg hybrid  

6-pw Srixon zx5 mkII irons  traded in pxg 0211 from 4 years ago  

50-54-58 edel wedges with moveable weights  

labgolf putter with upgraded shaft  

thats 15 clubs  needless to say not all come to the course with me  

Is there anything not a little strange about golf?  Everyone has a least a little bit of strange in their bag. If you feel you cover all the yardages you need to cover, what difference does it make what is in your bag? Go forth and score. Have fun.

If I was a country and western song writer, could probably turn this question in to a hit record!

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

3 hours ago, StuartDaddy said:

Adams is back. Never had one but the new lineup looks good. Looking forward to maybe a MGS test?

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

Define strange - TA 845s Silver Scots (original Pat Pend), Ping G400SFT, TM SLDR 3HL, Callaway Diablo 3,  Cleveland CBX wedges and Odyssey Versa putter and that is just one of about 10 combos I can piece together as there are the SLDR irons, MacGregor Blades from the 60’s, TItleist 962’s, or Diablo Edge irons - no I am not brand loyal by any means, however the above makeup is one of the most consistent I play.  All my friends play mixed bags…

Edited by Willie T

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've gone through phases with my golf equipment. There was a time I was focused on 3-6° loft gapping throughout the set. I probably replaced some good equipment just because the number on the loft was too close to another club.

When I got access to Trackman, I started considering distance as the primary factor when gapping my set. Once again I replaced some clubs I really enjoyed because the distance on full swings was overlapping with another club.

Currently I have gotten better at striking and can get more distance from all my clubs if I swing confidently. This led to trimming the set down to 12 clubs. Never satisfied in my tinkering, those 2 spots now allow me to carry 2 drivers and 2 3Ws. I can adjust the hosel on 3 of the 4 clubs so the setup can change from day to day.

For tomorrow with a lot of dog legs on the course I have them set:

D1 @10.5° neutral•D2 @12° fade bias• 3w @14.25° fade bias•3w @15.5° nuetral 

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

I mean, I go from 10.5* driver to 18* fairway to 25* hybrid. Pretty big gaps that might freak some people out but it works for me, so… 🤷🏻‍♂️

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

• 2 weeks later...

I'll change my bag setup depending on the course, but my preferred setup at the top is driver and then a Cleveland Hibore XL 2 wood. Its 400cc, so basically looks like I have 2 drivers in the bag. The 2 wood is 16 degrees of loft, so its more 3/4 wood, just with a big head that makes more a great secondary tee club. Very accurate and easy to flight high if I need to cut off a dog leg or dont want the ball to  run out on a fairway. So, I love it, but yeah I get looks with 2 driver headcovers. Or I'll drive 20 yards ahead all day of someone and then when I pull the 2 wood they think they finally got me. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Gave the clubs a bubble bath and snapped a pic of my strange bag makeup. 2 drivers, 2 3Ws. Gap from 15.5° to 22° and 45° to 52° I consider strange, anyway.

20230616_133300.jpg

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•