Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Rev's Golftec experience

revkev

On 5/2/2023 at 9:39 PM, revkev said:

As a final word of warning though - just because I had a good experience on this day at Gofltec does not mean you will

Sounds like you had a great experience there, Rev!

But .. unfortunately .. it seems knowledgeable and conscientious fitters like your guy John are all too rare anywhere.....

Good luck with the new boom stick!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

You had me hooked at the Wisconsin connection.  Good to see you had a worthwhile time @revkev

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

41 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Sounds like you had a great experience there, Rev!

But .. unfortunately .. it seems knowledgeable and conscientious fitters like your guy John are all too rare anywhere.....

Good luck with the new boom stick!!

Sad but true and it ends up making people skeptical about fitting.    

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

32 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

You had me hooked at the Wisconsin connection.  Good to see you had a worthwhile time @revkev

I loved my time in Wisconsin, you know that Bucky. Great people there, great place. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

So I picked up my driver yesterday and took it to the range today. 
IMG_2453.jpeg.1e7d8cfc46afb85231fabb4ca4864a7e.jpeg

I hit 3 with my old driver and averaged 227. I hit 10 with the new one and averaged 236 without tossing any out - long was 246 and short 229 out of those 10. 

And that was with range balls.

I do like the shorter shaft, saw the same 2 mph average ball speed increase and over 1 degree higher with less spin, much better smash factor - 

I also like the sound and feel of the Stealth 2 better than the original srealth

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm getting fit at golftec next saturday and excited for it. I am doing a full bag because, although I bought irons last year, I was never fitted and curious to see if there are better fits for me. The advertised a 2-1/2 hour fitting for the full bag so i need to stretch well before hitting. Hopefully my fitter is as good as yours.

:taylormade-small: Stealth driver HD 12°

:taylormade-small: Stealh 5 wood, all stock

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4i-PW, AW

:taylormade-small: hi-toe raw 56°

:taylormade-small:MySpyder gt putter

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 1:11 PM, Rockerdude said:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm getting fit at golftec next saturday and excited for it. I am doing a full bag because, although I bought irons last year, I was never fitted and curious to see if there are better fits for me. The advertised a 2-1/2 hour fitting for the full bag so i need to stretch well before hitting. Hopefully my fitter is as good as yours.

How did it go? 

I am definitely hitting the ball farther with the new driver - I had two career drives yesterday - I’m starting to developed a very consistent ball flight - 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 5/10/2023 at 3:35 PM, revkev said:

I do like the shorter shaft, saw the same 2 mph average ball speed increase and over 1 degree higher with less spin, much better smash factor - 

I also like the sound and feel of the Stealth 2 better than the original srealth

... What a great review of your fitting. 👍  It's just maddening how so many think shortening their driver shaft will result in shorter drives. As you said, everyone is different but many more than not will swing a shorter shaft faster, hit the center more often and hit longer and straighter drives. How much shorter is always the question and that's awesome you had professional help to find the right length for you. Rory McIlroy recently went from 44.5" to 44" and gained yardage.

... I also could not agree more with the TaylorMades. I didn't like much of anything about the original Stealth and quickly went back to my Sim2. But I really like the Stealth 2. Look at address, feel/sound and most importantly performance was much improved for me too. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

36 minutes ago, revkev said:

How did it go? 

I am definitely hitting the ball farther with the new driver - I had two career drives yesterday - I’m starting to developed a very consistent ball flight - 

It went well. We ended up keeping the irons I have because they were pretty spot on with the minimal fitting I got for those. Driver we ended up going with the ping G430,  lose to the same distance but a lot more in the fairway so that’ll be nice. Got a 4H since I struggle with long irons and everything else in the bag was good to stay. Minimal damage but the fitter was great. Now to work on my swing 

:taylormade-small: Stealth driver HD 12°

:taylormade-small: Stealh 5 wood, all stock

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4i-PW, AW

:taylormade-small: hi-toe raw 56°

:taylormade-small:MySpyder gt putter

37 minutes ago, chisag said:

... What a great review of your fitting. 👍  It's just maddening how so many think shortening their driver shaft will result in shorter drives. As you said, everyone is different but many more than not will swing a shorter shaft faster, hit the center more often and hit longer and straighter drives. How much shorter is always the question and that's awesome you had professional help to find the right length for you. Rory McIlroy recently went from 44.5" to 44" and gained yardage.

... I also could not agree more with the TaylorMades. I didn't like much of anything about the original Stealth and quickly went back to my Sim2. But I really like the Stealth 2. Look at address, feel/sound and most importantly performance was much improved for me too. 

Thanks and I thought of you when the fitter was advocating for 44.25 - he agreed that I could handle the longer length but his question was "why?"  Why use something that causes me to have to make adjustments.  It was a very good point. My swing speed did not increase with the shorter length but the ball speed and smash factor have, the launch is up a degree and the spin down - all prescriptions for longer and straighter.  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Thanks and I thought of you when the fitter was advocating for 44.25 - he agreed that I could handle the longer length but his question was "why?"  Why use something that causes me to have to make adjustments.  It was a very good point. My swing speed did not increase with the shorter length but the ball speed and smash factor have, the launch is up a degree and the spin down - all prescriptions for longer and straighter.  

... That's just awesome. So many factors involved from age, strength and of course quality of your swing. Some will swing a 45.5" driver faster than a 44.5" and some will swing the shorter driver faster. But as you stated and found out, many will find an increased ball speed and smash factor. Considering you lose 5-7yds for every 1/4" you miss the sweet spot and many miss by a full inch on a regular basis that's 20-28yds you are losing by missing the sweet spot. I have played with too many golfers that hit a really big drive and say "Now, why can't I do that every time? I'd love to know what I did different!" The answer is they hit the sweet spot for a change. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, revkev said:

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Interestingly, my son just had a fitting in Ohio last week. The fitter (who I've worked with and have a high regard for) recommended a 44.25 length for his new 425 driver. 

BTW which Golftec did you go with?  When we're back in September, it'll be time to see if the Stealth 2 or any other driver. works better than my SIM2.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Interestingly, my son just had a fitting in Ohio last week. The fitter (who I've worked with and have a high regard for) recommended a 44.25 length for his new 425 driver. 

BTW which Golftec did you go with?  When we're back in September, it'll be time to see if the Stealth 2 or any other driver. works better than my SIM2.  

The one in north St Pete - on 4th street. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an appointment for an Edel wedge fitting on July 5th.  I'm consistently seeing the results that I got in my fitting on the golf course.  If anything I'm longer on the course than I was on the monitor inside.  Getting close to 240 consistently is really making the game more fun although I did take the wrong lines a couple of times yesterday - it's a course that I haven't played in a couple of years - I had a couple of oops shots where I hit it well but went through the fairway.  I also had a career drive on 9 - this is a course that I've played a lot, probably the 3rd most since moving to Florida after my club and the local muni.  I play the blended tees, senior/men's - I was on the regular men's on 9 which is where I've always played that hole from - the first time that I played there was 12 years ago or so - I've probably got 75 rounds on this course so a career best at a place that I've played that many times is extremely significant.  If was 249 uphill on shotscope -  even with the pin way back I had gap wedge in - I'm sure I've never had less than an 8 iron to that back location from those tees.  I don't recall ever having gap to a front pin on it.  I had maybe a 5 mph breeze at my back.  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 7 months later...

Thanks for posting your experience.  I am currently taking lessons at Golftec and will be getting a fitting in the spring time.  From reading everyone's experiences makes me feel prepared for the fitting.

Right now I have a full set of Adam's golf Idea clubs. Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, 4 hybrid, irons 6 to 9, pw, sw and putter.