TESTERS WANTED! ×

New driver shafts vs older driver shafts

jonyim

Mostly different profiles but there have been some tech leaps. Different graphite weaves, more Fibre content, and more dynamic bend profiles mean that there are better fits for some people out there. Maybe some more ball speed to squeak out as well for some swing types.

Go for fit over the age with shafts.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Totally depends on the shaft. I use the Tour AD DI that is high launch and low spin, I think this is the greatest driver shaft ever, but I have had some friends hit it and one guy it looked like the ball just fell out of the sky. It needs to be one that fits your swing. It just so happens that this is the same shaft as Tiger plays. However, I had the same shaft that Phil plays but this shaft is not low spin. This is great for Phil but not for me. It depends on what YOU need.

I will also say, that I have been to the same place to get fitted many times over the last 10 years and have come to the conclusion that the people I have dealt with are not very good at what they do. In the future I will be going some where else.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I know that was a B.S. answer, and you are probably like me and want to know all the stuff about a shaft or head so you can decide for yourself. I am simply frustrated because for years I have been told that for my swing speed I need to go with lighter shafts, and should use the weakest flex you can control.

No thought was ever given to spin. For the last 4 days I have been using X100 shafts in my irons. For two years I have been fighting the left pull. I was convinced the problem was me. I had decided that I everytime I swung full out I had a swing flaw causing the dreaded pulls. With the X100s the worst I have done was hit a ball that drew a little too much and I ended up in a bunker vs 30 to 40 yards. left. Either I have been miraculously healed of my affliction or I have been given poor information by the so called experts.

Granted they are only going by what they see on the machine but everyone of them seemed to totally disregard the spin numbers, one even saying that high spin was good so that it would hold the greens, but I will say that the difference in the proper shaft is day and night.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

If a shaft has the same bend profile as another, it should perform almost identical. For example the old Aldila NV has the same bend profile as the Diamana White but the Diamana may feel different due to torque, fiber content, resin content, etc. The results should be almost the same, assuming the golfer has a late transition that takes advantage of the way a shaft bends. If a golfer has an early release from the top, it really doesn't matter as much how the shaft profile specs out.

My bag is a revolving door!

Archived