Testers Wanted! ×

Iron head covers!🙈

On 5/15/2023 at 9:06 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

PEER PRESSURE wins again. There was some thought behind the purchase though. I ordered iron covers for the new sticks yesterday. Mainly to protect them during travel. Airlines are rough and a 7-hour car trips are no joke on clubs in the trunk either. All I need now are my new irons to show up. 

As they say

"You come for the protection of the irons in some rare situations and you stay for the silence and keep them on all the time"... Or something like that 😎

Aim small... pray to miss small

My bag: Ping hoofer lite. My driver: Nike Vapor Pro. 4w: Inesis 500. Hybrid: Nike Vapor Flex. Irons (4-PW): Takomo 301 combo on KBS tour X. Wedges: Vokey SM7 52° and 58°. Putter: Cleveland Classic HB1. Balls: Inesis Tour900 yellow.

Hmmmmm, finally a company is legitimizing iron covers -  I love this one. Oh and the iron is kinda nice also.  

image.png.722fb6189e0172c605695d94b536fb7a.png

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 5/9/2023 at 12:28 AM, yankee said:

I have used iron covers for years. For one, they do keep the irons in much better shape. And two: keep my bag much quieter.  Especially when I used to walk. When time to sell my clubs for something newer, almost like I am selling a new set of irons. Up until recently, I never used a head cover on my driver, which in turn would end up getting beat up.  But recently I purchased a TM SIM 2 driver and it is such a great looking club that I now find myself replacing the head cover after each use.  

I do recommend the use of iron covers. And also, there is only one style iron cover I strongly recommend, as they are easy to use, and I have never had a single one lost per fall off an iron. "Iron Gloves"!   https://www.irongloves.com/iron-covers_8_48167.html

My iron covers are like those but a different make. They will not fall off the irons by themselves.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction 🏌️‍♂️

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke S

:titelist-small: 917F2 15* Diamana Blue 70 S

:titelist-small: 818H1 19* Evenflow Blue 85HY S

:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4-P AMT White S300

:vokey-small: SM7 50.12 F bent 1* weak, SM7 56.14 F, SM7 60.08 M - S200

:odyssey-small: Black Series 3

RH - Ontario 🇨🇦 and Ohio 🇺🇸

Avg. score 85-92

I use iron covers, my irons stay like new. I wouldn’t even consider buying a second hand set that wasn’t protected by iron covers. I don’t understand people who let their irons bump into each other leaving big ugly marks.

Drivers : Ping G425 10.5° Max Diamana black s60 X-Stiff and TaylorMade SIM 2 9° Tensei Blue AV Series 60 X-Stiff.

Woods : 3 and 7 wood Ping G425 Max Tensei Orange Stiff

Hybrid : Ping G425 22° Stiff.

Irons : Mizuno Pro 243 NS PRO 850GH NEO Stiff.

Wedges : 52 12M Vokey TM8 and 56 10S Vokey TM8

Tech Mevo+, Garmin S62 Watch and Nikon Coolshot Pro II Stabilized.

Home course : The Els Club, Dubai. Blue (6,829 yards) Black (7,538 yards)

4 hours ago, paperclip said:

My iron covers are like those but a different make. They will not fall off the irons by themselves.

I agree, also I like them as mine have a big white number number which helps me see the club I want, we have all been there, hit a great ball and was short as we thought we had a different club in our hands!😏🙈😊

Alan Scalzi