Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Maxfli Tour Series Golf Balls - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow our Testers main posts in the links below!

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball
@David Leighton Reid - TESTING POST
@CSiders12 - TESTING POST

Maxfli Tour S Golf Ball
@thechrisgibbs - TESTING POST

Maxfli Tour X Golf Ball
@Micah T - TESTING POST
@cjeffs12 - TESTING POST

Desperately looking into finding a new ball. Something about me is just kind of anti-Titleist. Not that I don't like the Pro V balls, I think my love of punk music just stops me from following the "#1 Ball in Golf." That being said, I am looking forward to my order from Dick's for the Maxfli Tour X balls! 

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

4 minutes ago, CB Lobo 4 Life said:

Desperately looking into finding a new ball. Something about me is just kind of anti-Titleist. Not that I don't like the Pro V balls, I think my love of punk music just stops me from following the "#1 Ball in Golf." That being said, I am looking forward to my order from Dick's for the Maxfli Tour X balls! 

... When I was on staff with Titleist they had no problem sending me a staff bag and clubs. But getting their balata balls was always a PIA as they would drop off 1 dozen for me at the course. 1 dozen? Complaining one day a Maxfli Rep overheard me and asked if I had played their Balata HT-100 and when I said no, he went to his van and came back with 5 dozen of them for me. Absolutely loved the ball and I have been a Maxfli ball fan ever since. Loved the Revolution too. Maxfli lost their way for awhile concerning premium balls so I was glad to see them return to relevance with the Maxfli Tours and Tour X's. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... I am so glad you put this statement in your introduction. I have had more than a few golfers comment something like "I am surprised a player of your skill level would be playing a cheap ball". Clearly Maxfli has an uphill battle on it's hands but certainly seems to be ascending. I think you will find they are as good a premium ball as any ball on the market, including ProV1's. In the end they may not be the best ball for your game or you simply prefer another ball, but I have a feeling your opinion (shared by many others) of whether or not the Maxfli Tour is a "top shelf" ball will change. 

This is so true! Some people hear the price and automatically write it off as not good. My impression so far is that, if I did not already know the price I would have assumed it was up there with all the premium prices. It is very good to see Maxfli giving consumers a premium product, and in my opinion a decent price. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

I remember the Revolution ball too, seems like a few years… err decades ago?

I’ve got two rounds in with the Tour X now. After the first day, I returned my 2 dozen Tours, and traded for the X’s. So now I have 4 doz X, and 1.5 doz Tours-

needless to say, I won’t need to buy any balls for a while. Same 2 balls, for 2 rounds now, can barely tell they’ve been played- 147 strikes

Our greens have suddenly become hard as concrete, and these balls spin enough to hold, even though your hard pressed to find the landing divot…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I have to apologize for not posting  this in the correct area.

I recieved my MaxiFli Tour S balls last Tuesday!

I was extremely grateful and blessed to be chosen for this.

I immediately went to the couse the next day and played 18 with my two partners. I played 5 times last week so I am a little delayed in getting this information out.  My head says you can play that much but the body kind of balks at that.

None the less, here are some impressions from our play.

They were aware that I was testing the MaxiFli Tour S balls for MyGolf Spy.

I gave Steve and Charlie one ball a piece to try.

Right off the bat,  we were all surprised with the sound of the ball off the club head. Steve who hits the ball the furthest (but not always in our fairway) liked the feel off the club head.

Charlie our short distance guy also liked the feel of the ball off the club head and Charlie for the most part is alway in the fairway.

I also like the feel.

What we all really liked when we were on a  par 3 was the  sound it made off of our PW or in Charlies case 9 iron.

It had a nice clean sound like how a pro hits the ball.

I am not sure that any one of us could tell much of the spin or control of the ball. But I think in the following weeks as I play more with the ball, I will look for that.

I know I spun the ball well out of the bunker a few times, which I don't seem to do very often. So I was impressed with that aspect of the ball.

I did mention to them that it was a 3 piece low compression ball and that we could potentially see more distance. 

And sure enough we did. But I would want to caution that it was in the upper 80's and the ball was traveling much further.

Steve hit a few in the 240 range and I was in the 235 range and even Charlie was at 200. That really brought a smile to everyones face.

I think for me personaly it was hard to look at my ball and see MaxFli and not Prov1 or ChromeSoft etc.. But after a few holes and the sound and feel of the ball, I think I got over that issue.

Steve liked the ball, but he likes color on his golf ball, such as a TP5x soccer ball or a Srixon etc. Charlie normally plays a Chrome Soft triple track and he had no problem with the ball.

I already have a few tee times scheduled this week, so I look forward to playing with the ball exculsively and maybe potentially seeing if I can get some control with the ball.

I hope that helps, any questions please get back to me.

Thanks

I Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

I like to walk, I have a Clicgear with all the accoutrements and I am considering getting a V2.

50 minutes ago, Manny said:

I immediately went to the couse the next day and played 18 with my two partners. I played 5 times last week so I am a little delayed in getting this information out.  My head says you can play that much but the body kind of balks at that.

Right off the bat,  we were all surprised with the sound of the ball off the club head. Steve who hits the ball the furthest (but not always in our fairway) liked the feel off the club head.

Charlie our short distance guy also liked the feel of the ball off the club head and Charlie for the most part is alway in the fairway.

I also like the feel.

What we all really liked when we were on a  par 3 was the  sound it made off of our PW or in Charlies case 9 iron.

I am not sure that any one of us could tell much of the spin or control of the ball. But I think in the following weeks as I play more with the ball, I will look for that.

I know I spun the ball well out of the bunker a few times, which I don't seem to do very often. So I was impressed with that aspect of the ball.

I did mention to them that it was a 3 piece low compression ball and that we could potentially see more distance. 

And sure enough we did. But I would want to caution that it was in the upper 80's and the ball was traveling much further.

Steve hit a few in the 240 range and I was in the 235 range and even Charlie was at 200. That really brought a smile to everyones face.

I think for me personaly it was hard to look at my ball and see MaxFli and not Prov1 or ChromeSoft etc.. But after a few holes and the sound and feel of the ball, I think I got over that issue.

Steve liked the ball, but he likes color on his golf ball, such as a TP5x soccer ball or a Srixon etc. Charlie normally plays a Chrome Soft triple track and he had no problem with the ball.

I already have a few tee times scheduled this week, so I look forward to playing with the ball exculsively and maybe potentially seeing if I can get some control with the ball.

Thanks

Great! Be sure to post your introduction in the placeholder site, along with any unboxing info/pics, etc.!  

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Played my first round with the ‘23 tour x today: I honestly can’t tell the difference between it and the ‘21 tour x. Same sound, feel, flight and spin. Still on the fence about which alignment aid I like more.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

6.jpg.368048145fdbbd8e7178370bc4a4f243.jpg5.jpg.ce2ed941bea6160e577827300c1d40f7.jpg

This Gloss White Tour ball was played for 36 holes and shows very little visual wear.  My permanent marker shows more wear than the ball does.  I added a 50 yard pitching test to my trial using the Maxfli Tour, Titleist ProVI, and Callaway Chrome Soft.  I hit 15 pitches with each ball using LW, SW, and AW (5 each).  I could not determine any difference in feel, spin, or control between the three balls.  I played 2 rounds over the weekend using the Maxfli Tour and I am was very satisfied with the results.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

I got out and worked on my short game with the Maxfli Tour. A couple of key takeaways: 1) the ball feels good around the green and gets decent spin on chips, 2) I'm not fond of the putting alignment aid - not bold enough, 3) the ball had good durability until I practiced out of the bunker. 

The pictures show a ball I hit out of a bunker 10 times. This is a ball that was brand new out of the package upon the testing. 

IMG_4697.jpeg.13bd65ef67894393e7363e35d9af94ca.jpeg IMG_4698.jpeg.47f946f474cd86117e7f90be3e151c32.jpeg IMG_4699.jpeg.f4e59e803a019d81b48a6d8a7a151fe3.jpeg

As you can see, the cover is pretty beat up. I have seen this done with a handful of different balls and this probably is a mediocre result. ProvV1 is typically the best overall durability but for the price difference, this held up pretty well. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

1 hour ago, CSiders12 said:

I'm not fond of the putting alignment aid - not bold enough,

... Tough to be an OEM and make those kind of decisions because you can't please everyone. I love the new alignment aid because I don't use them, but since they are balanced I line them up in the general direction and don't find these distracting. 

7 hours ago, chisag said:

... Tough to be an OEM and make those kind of decisions because you can't please everyone. I love the new alignment aid because I don't use them, but since they are balanced I line them up in the general direction and don't find these distracting. 

I have green used to the line on Vice golf balls and absolutely love them. I typically Mark all of my balls with a bold line, but with the Vice balls I don't have to. I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker for the Maxfli ball, but if I had the "perfect ball" that is something I would change. 

4 hours ago, CSiders12 said:

I have green used to the line on Vice golf balls and absolutely love them. I typically Mark all of my balls with a bold line, but with the Vice balls I don't have to. I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker for the Maxfli ball, but if I had the "perfect ball" that is something I would change. 

... I have always felt if you like alignment aids you can always add them yourself. Those of us that don't like them can't take them away. Or do what Callaway does and offer the same ball without lines or triple track for those that like alignment lines. 

Just now, chisag said:

... I have always felt if you like alignment aids you can always add them yourself. Those of us that don't like them can't take them away. Or do what Callaway does and offer the same ball without lines or triple track for those that like alignment lines. 

Agreed - its my only gripe with the new MF (lol), but I can always add my own.  I was able to put some in play this weekend at a local P&P and really like the ball so far.

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

13 hours ago, CSiders12 said:

I got out and worked on my short game with the Maxfli Tour. A couple of key takeaways: 1) the ball feels good around the green and gets decent spin on chips, 2) I'm not fond of the putting alignment aid - not bold enough, 3) the ball had good durability until I practiced out of the bunker. 

The pictures show a ball I hit out of a bunker 10 times. This is a ball that was brand new out of the package upon the testing. 

IMG_4697.jpeg.13bd65ef67894393e7363e35d9af94ca.jpeg IMG_4698.jpeg.47f946f474cd86117e7f90be3e151c32.jpeg IMG_4699.jpeg.f4e59e803a019d81b48a6d8a7a151fe3.jpeg

As you can see, the cover is pretty beat up. I have seen this done with a handful of different balls and this probably is a mediocre result. ProvV1 is typically the best overall durability but for the price difference, this held up pretty well. 

Curious what the sand was like and which wedge you used?
Some wedges can really chew up a cover pretty quickly.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1 minute ago, CFreddie said:

Agreed - its my only gripe with the new MF (lol), but I can always add my own.  I was able to put some in play this weekend at a local P&P and really like the ball so far.

I don't like alignment aids on my ball and appreciate the subtlety. I'm playing the Tour and Tour X and am happy with the design.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

43 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Curious what the sand was like and which wedge you used?
Some wedges can really chew up a cover pretty quickly.

I tried to get a patch of sand that didn't have too many rocks in it. I used a 60 Cobra Snakebite wedge for all 10 shots. I also think that the gloss white look shows more damage to the ball than other covers. 

3 hours ago, chisag said:

I couldn't agree more with this post. I even bought today on Amazon a pack for $7 that would allow me to mark up my Maxfli Tour X balls with as much alignment as I would like (The pack comes with 4 ball aligment aids and 4 markers!). I think the savings of about $15 dollars a dozen means more to me than having a super distinguished alignment aid, especially when I can do one myself. Again, just my two cents to add to what was stated. 

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

I may have posted in the wrong place??

I recieved my Tour S balls last Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised in the packaging! 

The follow day I played with my golf partners Steve and Charlie.

Steve the longer hitter but not always in our fairway. Charlie the shorter hitter and for the most part in the fair way.

I am somewhere in between.longish and some in the fairway, some on the fringeish.

We all enjoyed the sound of the ball off the driver. But I think we all really enjoyed the sound of the ball off our irons

Steve and I both hit it over 220+ and straight for the most part. Steve, Charlie did mention that the ball had a nice feeling off the club head.

But I will say that it was hot out and the ball was traveling much greater distance.

I normally play a Prov1 1x, Chrome Soft, TP5x etc.. It took me a couple holes to get the snobbery out of my head. 

Steve likes to play a ball with color, such as TP5x soccer ball Srixion Divide. Charlie he doesnt care.

Now as far as distance control, I am not sure that either one of use could tell much improvement in that area.

As far as spin I did notice some improvment, as I was in the bunker twice and I did a lot of spin, and that was very rewarding!

I look very much to playing many rounds with these balls.

IMG_5164.jpg

I like to walk, I have a Clicgear with all the accoutrements and I am considering getting a V2.

I recieved my Tour S last week and have played 3 rounds with them, forgot them on the counter for the other two rounds.

So far I have to admit that I am impressed with everything with the packaging, the feel of the ball the sound of the ball off the irons especialy. And I noticed spin out of the bunkers also. And that for me is something I rarely have seen from my current ball selection.

I am playing today again and I am excited to see if I can pick up on control at all.

Already was a Maxfli Tour X convert from MSGs ball lab testing last year. As a very long time Pro V1x only gamer I would have never tried this ball without MSG even at half the price. 

I can't play any super spinny ball with my driver or things go wrong quickly.

The Maxfli Tour X hasn't disappointed me at all. Also converted another Titleist guy and a Callaway guy I play with weekly.

This is my gamer for now.

Short game savant, driving disaster...

I still can’t decide if I like the new alignment aid or not: I use the lines to help with start line on putts and for direction on tee shots. The new tour x reminds me of the Srixon alignment, subtle but still usable…

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

For anyone interested, I posted an update in my tester's post on page 1.  

I was able to get out and work on my short game last night with the Maxfli Tour balls. I worked on short chips around the green and some putting. My takeaways from the practice session: 1) the ball feels pretty good around the green, not the softest but not hard, 2) consistent feel off the putter face, feels like a premium ball, 3) the gloss white finish can be a bit distracting in the sun - almost too glossy for my particular liking. 
Overall, they feel like a good ball and I have felt good around the greens 

I also like the feel.

Thanks

Hello everyone, and I have to apologize I have not been as active as I feel I need to be. I may have been playing too much golf as the weather is fantastic right not. And to make things worse I have severe seasonal allergies and they have gone into my eyes and they itch like no ones business, and that makes sitting and typing difficult. But I must carry on.

Each time I play such as on Thursday, I tell the guys that I am with what I am doing. I am a tester for MyGolf Spy and that I am testing the MaxFli Tour S, I show them the ball and box etc.

I have to admit that many guys are surprised the feel of the golf ball and the box of three. One individual said he had heard some good things about the ball. That was great and I think or hope that gives the other guys motivation to maybe get some.

But I guess what I was most surprised in wos how many guys had never heard of MyGolf Spy. I tell them about the website what they do etc.

Now back to the ball. 

I have to admit that I am liking this ball more and more the longer I play it. I just really enjoy the feel off the club head especially the irons. Also I have noticed some control around the greens with my chip and bunker play.

Now to the part I have not noticed is the control with my driver, but we all know that is more than likely my casting effect. But I work on that all the time and I am doing much better.

I look forward to playing a few times this week, as long as my allergies allow.

IMG_5166.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

I had a very good day of testing yesterday. In the morning I went down to Houston and did a ball fitting at Golf Galaxy on Trackman. I didn’t have the greatest swing day and the numbers will show, but I put the Tour X up against Srixon, Callaway, Taylormade and the Grandaddy, Titleist. I am still working on putting the numbers in a table, but I’ll give a little sneaky preview, the Maxfli held its own! Two balls really stood out above the rest. While being on Trackman I could see some reasons why I haven’t been seeing much spin, fixed some things and when I played in the afternoon I was getting much better greenside performance. 

I played 18 in the afternoon, and I was feeling myself. I had 9/14 drives over 300, and hit some phenomenal shots. I’ve been playing the same ball for over 30 holes now and still is in good shape, but I haven’t hit any bunker shots so that also plays a part in why it’s lasting so long. Highlight hole of the day was hole 3, 335 drive hit a wedge that landed past spun back to 5 feet and buried the birdie. Like I said above my chipping was a lot better today, and my course finally mowed the greens and the fairways so all this is helping me get more spin. I really haven’t seen any performance or durability issues that would prevent me from playing this ball. I am really enjoying this test so far. 

So I was able to get some data on the 23 tour x head to head with the 21 tour x and the 21 provlx: these numbers are mine, and your experience may vary, but for me it shows that the new maxfli tour x is just as good as the 21 tour x, and for my money, as good as Titleist.

I hit about 10 shots from each distance with each ball, except for the Driver since I was pretty gassed by that point! I hit:

50 yard 

image.jpeg.d7a8f4bc75034a2e76bf700791082691.jpeg
100 yard 

image.jpeg.c4d8bd07f6a4eb646fc90a63fe454804.jpeg
180 yard

image.jpeg.0797e089f86bc6f35e41dc0f3929db8c.jpeg
230 yard

image.jpeg.f62d6aecf7347fc73c515ae5d8d8a2fc.jpeg
300 yard

image.jpeg.604a14a0b6df434127168d32189f7c1c.jpeg

I really don’t see a statistical difference between these balls: I’m sure if my sample size was larger the numbers would be even closer! Ball speed, launch and spin numbers were all in the ballpark of each other. And when you factor in the cost difference between a dozen maxfli(or who am I kidding, a cube) and a dozen Titleist, I don’t see a need to pay more.  I have buddies that still razz me about playing an “inferior” golf ball; but the scorecard doesn’t have pictures, only strokes…

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

So I went out as the last tee time last night so I could do some short game testing so I wouldn’t hold anyone up. I did some good bunker testing, in my last post I said I had a ball last over 30 holes and no bunkers, will that bit me hard lol. I hit 10 bunker shots with the Callaway Chrome Soft X and the Maxfli Tour X. The callaway has one good rash and one cut in the cover, both I would take out of play. The Maxfli held up pretty well, only two scuffs, that I would take out of play in a tournament but would consider still playing depending on how my round is going. Here are my pictures of each.

IMG_2575.jpeg.f76245c73c9bdfbc8e2401a55a66a04f.jpegIMG_2576.jpeg.9880bfe9341cbd2766c8e5d2bc52f145.jpeg  IMG_2577.jpeg.3bbfa9c08c4eaada44fef4431cfcbb0c.jpeg

Then as I kept playing I literally went 3 straight holes with greenside bunker shots. I will say this I hit 3 amazing high spinny bunker shots that hit and spun back like perfection. Sadly though the balls were toast. It is concerning that I had to take 3 balls out of play in consecutive holes. The 10 bunker shots I hit were just standard bunker shots, but I play a lot of elevated greens that sometimes require a high spinner. I have played a lot of golf balls, and I wouldn’t say it is unusual but I have seen balls hold up better. I will keep doing bunker testing with other brands to see if it continues. Here are the results of the worst one, the others didn’t show up in pictures but you can see the clear layer under the cover on both. 
IMG_2578.jpeg.2af1f5828709f1dba1bf1a5733f12a85.jpeg   

Outside of the bunker I am really finding a groove. I’ve been bombing it off the tee, and almost had a hole in one with it today!!! Even with my messed up swing at the moment the ball is flying high and long and stops on a dime. I’ve got a scramble coming up this weekend, so I hope I can get some practice in so it can shine. 

5/30/2023 update

I played 54 holes over the long weekend and I continue to be impressed with the Maxfli Tour ball.  During my rounds, I alternated playing with the Maxfli Tour, a ProV1, and a Chrome Soft and I couldn't tell any difference in the balls.