Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Maxfli Tour Series Golf Balls - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow our Testers main posts in the links below!

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball
@David Leighton Reid - TESTING POST
@CSiders12 - TESTING POST

Maxfli Tour S Golf Ball
@thechrisgibbs - TESTING POST

Maxfli Tour X Golf Ball
@Micah T - TESTING POST
@cjeffs12 - TESTING POST

bought a dozen Tour to compare to the Tour X and I think I lean towards the X just a bit more. Seems to hold the green a little better with more spin. Feels a tad bit better off the face of the club and putter too.

close, both are good, but for me the X wins out.

Really liking it and there's a great deal going on right now.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I'm definitely interested in this since it's my current gamer. I noticed the lines are gone on the side, but I don't use them anyway. Interesting look on the lettering for Tour, Tour S, Tour X, etc. Reminds me a little of the font of the word Professional on the old Titleist Professional balls

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

I recently played my Tour S for 22 holes and was thinking I should take a picture of it and show how well it was holding up. But low and behold it bounced into some of the highest grass around and walking into try to find it sterred up all the pollen that had me running out of the weeds.

But it was holding up rather well. I am playing tomorrow with the boys and am looking forward to some more critiquing of the ball.

I Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

I like to walk, I have a Clicgear with all the accoutrements and I am considering getting a V2.

Last night in league, one of our competitors was playing a TM TP5.  Being an official MyGolfSpy tester, I asked him if he had ever tried playing the Maxfli Tour.  When he said no, I went on to tell him how the Maxfli Tour is comparable to other premium balls and the retail price is less expensive.  His only comment was, "but it says Maxfli on it". 

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

3 hours ago, David Leighton Reid said:

Last night in league, one of our competitors was playing a TM TP5.  Being an official MyGolfSpy tester, I asked him if he had ever tried playing the Maxfli Tour.  When he said no, I went on to tell him how the Maxfli Tour is comparable to other premium balls and the retail price is less expensive.  His only comment was, "but it says Maxfli on it". 

BMW should make golf balls….

Stay on Target!    94602_x-wing_512x512.png.e6fd366aa256fea54f342bdfaa860cb7.png

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0811X Gen 4 Driver

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0311XF Gen 5 Fairway 4 Wood

Maltby KE4 TC HyWay Utility Wood

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Irons (LW - 7)

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Hybrids (4, 5, 6)

image.png.0d2df83eb1bcf82eb1adec6302909991.png    MEZZ.1 Putter (2022 tester)

image.png.43257b3b93a88cb87b3dfc1ae39a025a.png  Tour Ball X

Star Date 6/1/23

This unfortunate little pearl encountered a devastating head-on collision with a pine tree during league last night.  The little pearl was able to shake off the collision and soldier on to make bogey on the par 5 ninth hole.  The pine tree left a brown spot but the urethane cover withstood the impact.  

7.jpg.0cda3169118026f54342142cbb47fcf8.jpg

20 hours ago, David Leighton Reid said:

I've received similar comments.

4 minutes ago, David Leighton Reid said:

The pine tree left a brown spot but the urethane cover withstood the impact.  

As long as the ball was the only place where a brown spot was left.  😆

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I've received similar comments.

... I must play with a different clientele. I have only had 2 people mention my Maxfli and both were along the lines of "I am surprised a good player like you is using a hackers ball and not a ProV1". I have had several buy some Maxfli's after playing with me including the 4 dozen Cubes and have never had anyone say they weren't interested because Maxfli wouldn't fit their image. 🙄  I'm guessing listening to rap loud enough to start every sentence with WHAT?!? on a cart parked nearly on the fringe with eyes open for nobody in front or behind but the cart girl and another beer round just can't stomach MAXFLI written on their golf ball. 🤣

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

On 6/2/2023 at 11:17 AM, chisag said:

... I must play with a different clientele. I have only had 2 people mention my Maxfli and both were along the lines of "I am surprised a good player like you is using a hackers ball and not a ProV1". I have had several buy some Maxfli's after playing with me including the 4 dozen Cubes and have never had anyone say they weren't interested because Maxfli wouldn't fit their image. 🙄  I'm guessing listening to rap loud enough to start every sentence with WHAT?!? on a cart parked nearly on the fringe with eyes open for nobody in front or behind but the cart girl and another beer round just can't stomach MAXFLI written on their golf ball. 🤣

@chisag has the best quotes!  Teaser:  look for an @chisag quote in my upcoming final review for the Maxfli Tour.

I played with the Maxfli Tour last night in league and it performed very well! I shot an even round 36 and felt very comfortable over the ball. The cover withstood the round well and had no major scuffs on the cover. I hit three shots into the green and all of them had good spin and stopped quickly, one even had about 5 feet of backspin on it from 154 yards with a 9 iron out of the rough. My playing partner was using a ProV1 throughout the round and had the same yardages as me. His ball often went a little further, but only by a couple of yards. For the price difference between the ProV1 and Maxfli Tour, I'll take the loss of a couple of yards to save a handful of money. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

Getting caught up here. Great stuff so far everyone. Just bought 4 dozen Tour X balls(I still got about 7dz vice left) because I like what I’m hearing. Oh and the price is nice too. 

@Manny any chance we can get an Intro from you so we know who the heck you are and what type of golfer you are?  Perhaps if you happen to have any/some pics of the unboxing and playing them on course.  Your placeholder post is looking pretty lonely!

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Getting caught up here. Great stuff so far everyone. Just bought 4 dozen Tour X balls(I still got about 7dz vice left) because I like what I’m hearing. Oh and the price is nice too. 

@Manny any chance we can get an Intro from you so we know who the heck you are and what type of golfer you are?  Perhaps if you happen to have any some pics of the unboxing and playing it on course.  Your placeholder post is looking pretty lonely!

I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the Maxfli, Mark. I typically play the Vice and like it pretty well, especially at the price point. There are other good balls at the same price (hey there, OnCore Vero X1), but if there’s one that clearly outperforms, I have no problem making the switch.

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Odyssey stroke lab r-ball mallet

7 minutes ago, Prodigal Duffer said:

I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the Maxfli, Mark. I typically play the Vice and like it pretty well, especially at the price point. There are other good balls at the same price (hey there, OnCore Vero X1), but if there’s one that clearly outperforms, I have no problem making the switch.

I’ll definitely add my unofficial thoughts here once the testers have had a chance to get their full reviews in. 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

I played in a charity scramble today, and it was a real test as I have a huge 2 man next weekend. I wanted to see how I could trust the Tour X in a tournament setting. Performance wise this ball is legit, I get all the distance and stopping power I want. The only thing I am seeing throughout my rounds is that any time I hit a wedge shot I take some cover off. I played the first two  holes and walked off the greens and had to take the balls I played those holes out of play. Here’s one and they all looked pretty similar. IMG_2589.jpeg.75e689f14202b7f46c7b35abf4a6b2c9.jpeg

I love everything else about this ball, and I may end up playing this ball. If I do I will just have to keep more balls in the bag than normal. 

NOTE: I am very particular about my golf balls, probably more so than most. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Got out and practiced my short game with the Maxfli Tour and compared it to one of my current gamers - Callaway Chromesoft. Off the face of the club, the Chromesoft feels quite a bit softer, however, I didn't notice a ton of spin differential. I had two Maxflis and one Chromesoft. After plenty of practice at different ranges, the cover was the only thing that seemed a bit beat up. I can't fault the overall performance, but the cover durability is the only thing I'm noticing as a potential concern. 

IMG_4682.jpeg.20cfeaf84a3d4a1ac2cc4dff3a7497b3.jpeg

I also really do wonder if the glossy finish of the ball is just more prone to showing wear and tear. The Chromesoft is a duller white and I definitely don't notice marks as frequently. 

Lets see I am  a very young 61 I have been golfing since college last year. I play 2-4 times a week

I play in the PDX/Van area. I am a walker. My Clicgear 3.5 has all the accoutrements on it and I am contemplating upgrading to the Alphard V2 

I play Mizuno JPX919 Cobra LTDx Max Callaway Xr 3wood -5hybrid

I Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

I like to walk, I have a Clicgear with all the accoutrements and I am considering getting a V2.

Sadly Maxfli isn't really available near me. Kinda a bummer as i know at least one of these would be excellent for me and my game.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

9 hours ago, Manny said:

Lets see I am  a very young 61 I have been golfing since college last year. I play 2-4 times a week

I play in the PDX/Van area. I am a walker. My Clicgear 3.5 has all the accoutrements on it and I am contemplating upgrading to the Alphard V2 

I play Mizuno JPX919 Cobra LTDx Max Callaway Xr 3wood -5hybrid

Ok this is a start. Go back to the first page of this thread and see how your fellow testers laid out their intro and unboxing.  More info the better. Family/job/golf strengths and weaknesses. These are all important for these reviews. Your review is worth very little if the people reading it have zero idea of who you are and how you play. This is the core at what I believe sets MGS apart. Real world results from real world golfers. 

My swing has kinda been off this last week, trying to get right for next weekends tournament has been a grind. A storm came in last night and closed the practice ranges, so I had to dig it out on the course. I struggled on the front, but something clicked on the 7th hole and I started playing golf again. This is my first round in a few weeks where I had two birdies in a round. I swear the Maxfli Tour X has pin seeking technology, because for the 3rd round out of my last 4 I’ve almost had a hole in one! Pitch mark was about a foot to the right and left me a 3 footer. Also had a mammoth 352 yard drive on a wet fairway on the par 5. This ball has all the horsepower and performance anyone can dream of having. 

Here is my Ball fitting Numbers at Golf Galaxy on Trackman. This is for my 7 iron... 

image.png.eb2433a6355500ecac91f8c457b723d2.png

Here is the numbers on a 40 yard pitch with my 60* wedge. 

image.png.50266832f78fe59cfc3770caea080e23.png

I had a really bad swing day, but two balls really stood out above the rest for me and my fitter. The Maxfli and the Srixon, both of them had some good shots that the other balls just could not keep up. This was an amazing experience, and I really did learn alot from this fitting. 

Having played the 21 models for a while now I was dismayed to see the Ball Lab QC numbers go down for the 2023 version. Great intros, I'll be very interested in reading how y'all view the 2023 versions. Good luck folks and let's hear it all, the good, the bad and the ugly. And dont forget to have fun with it.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

I played another round last night with the Maxfli Tour last night. Played solid overall, but I finally got the test of the longest drive and the ProV1 won the test. I carried the ball about 8 yards further with the ProV1, however, I also understand that there are a lot of factors that go into how far a ball travels. Overall, I played well with the ball and felt good standing over it. Excited to get some more rounds in soon!

Good morning!  My final review of the Maxfli Tour has been added to my testing post on page 1 of this thread.  

I have posted my final review of the Maxfli Tour ball on page 1. Please reach out with any specific questions you may have!

2 hours ago, CSiders12 said:

I have posted my final review of the Maxfli Tour ball on page 1. Please reach out with any specific questions you may have!

Will admit I have not read the review... Yet. 

Just a general question, before I go to the review. 

If there was a single characteristic that impressed you what would it be? And what is one see you would like to see improvement?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

50 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Will admit I have not read the review... Yet. 

Just a general question, before I go to the review. 

If there was a single characteristic that impressed you what would it be? And what is one see you would like to see improvement?

Thanks for the question! 

One thing that really jumped out to me was the overall performance when compared to ProV1 and Chrome Soft. The price differential is so extreme, yet you are practically getting the same performance levels. If I had to pick one characteristic about the ball, I would say the feel of the ball felt great. It wasn't too soft, yet not hard and clicky. I got good spin with my irons and wedges and was confident standing over the ball. 

The one improvement that I would make is the durability of the cover. I have no idea how a company goes about doing that, but when comparing the durability of the Maxfli Tour to the ProV1, the Tour ball got pretty beat up, especially out of bunkers. The glossy white finish definitely shows more wear and tear. If they could do something similar to Vice and provide multiple finish options, I think it would be more appealing to me. 

Overall, I was very impressed and would not pass up the opportunity to play them in the future!

3 hours ago, CSiders12 said:

I find it interesting that you included packaging as a reason to favor the Vice over the Maxfli, but as a marketing guy I get it - it's part of the overall user experience. Great final writeup. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

2 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I find it interesting that you included packaging as a reason to favor the Vice over the Maxfli, but as a marketing guy I get it - it's part of the overall user experience. Great final writeup. 

... As a lifelong hippie that cares about the world we live in, I truly hate golf ball packaging. Just removing sleeves and putting 12 balls in a box would be a good start followed closely by recycled non glossy packaging. The amount of landfill waste saved would be significant. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

8 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Thanks for the comment! The very first order of Vice I received was so different from any other ball that I had bought. I love the fun design on their packaging and I think it appeals to a younger audience. They are pretty bold with their marketing, whereas Maxfli is more simple and to the point. I respect both companies approaches, I just think it makes Vice's more distinct.