Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

KBS Shafts - (Official Thread)

Hey MGS members! We have had a lot of news this week and wanted to run this by you all.

We just unveiled the official KBS Web Store. Check it out here! KBSGolfShafts.com/shop

Order direct from KBS, and check out the exclusive new accessories we are offering!

Happy shopping!

CM

kbs-sf-webstore.jpg

Are you going to offer individual irons shafts? Or only in sets?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the Q,

You may have asked this on twitter also? KBS is stiffer and more accurate than FST. FST is terrific for club makers needing an inexpensive, consistent shaft. KBS has heaver weight, tighter accuracy, and piercing trajectories.

If you like the FST Pro115, then I suggest sticking with that. The Hybrid in R flex will work well as that is designed to get the ball higher and more spin. You can also use the FST Pro 115 in the hybrid, just trim to a 2i length approx.

Thanks,

CM

Yes I did. Thanks very much for the detailed answer. I appreciate it!!

Matt

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 3 weeks later...

KBS,

There seems to be an ongoing debate about how much (or even if) soft-stepping affects launch and spin.

If I did the math right, twice soft-stepping (SS2X) your KBS Tour X-flex would bring the flex pretty close to your Tour S+ flex shaft.

So my questions are:

1) How differently would these 2 shafts play?

2) Do you have any data that would show how much the launch and spin characteristics were affected by soft-stepping twice?

Thanks in advance,

BK

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

-CM

bump

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

You know I have to be honest... Its really nice to be able to come to a honest and truthful site that has some of the highest quality companies that visit it regularly.

Just saying its really cool...

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

I haven't been much of a club connoisseur, but was just doing a fitting for irons. When I tried the KBS Tour S shaft, I gained 10 yards on all clubs. Who could complain about that?

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Hi BK,

Thanks for the question and sorry for this delayed response!

Soft stepping or hard stepping once changes the flex by 1/3. This is approximate, and used to be the only way to fit a player into a proper flex if they were in between the full flexes. We off the + flexes now, so if you are ordering the shafts, the exact fit is possible.

Hard or soft stepping will slightly change the trajectory and spin rate (HS lower and less spin, SS higher and more spin). The differences are small. On TOUR, we have professionals with HS and SS sets. This is because they perfer a certain weight, and will adjust flex from there. However, our most popular flexes in the Tour shaft is X, and the C-Taper is S+.

You can SS or HS up to 2x.

For ex: If you need a S+ shaft, first consider if you want a lighter (120g S flex) or heavier (130g X flex). From there HS or SS once. If you know that you would like to be on the softer side, then it is a no brainer to HS a Stiff flex once.

Thanks again, hope this helps.

-CM

KBS,

There seems to be an ongoing debate about how much (or even if) soft-stepping affects launch and spin.

If I did the math right, twice soft-stepping (SS2X) your KBS Tour X-flex would bring the flex pretty close to your Tour S+ flex shaft.

So my questions are:

1) How differently would these 2 shafts play?

2) Do you have any data that would show how much the launch and spin characteristics were affected by soft-stepping twice?

Thanks in advance,

BK

We really like to hear success stories such as yours, HighFade. Thanks for sharing!!

I haven't been much of a club connoisseur, but was just doing a fitting for irons. When I tried the KBS Tour S shaft, I gained 10 yards on all clubs. Who could complain about that?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey MGS members!

Excited for the PGA Show? We have some new product features that will be announced. Photos have already appeared on this website, and we sent out a newsletter this morning with some more details. Sign up here is you are interested: http://kbsgolfshafts.com/company/support

Please stop by the booth to say hi if you get a chance!

-CM

Hey MGS members!

Excited for the PGA Show? We have some new product features that will be announced. Photos have already appeared on this website, and we sent out a newsletter this morning with some more details. Sign up here is you are interested: http://kbsgolfshafts...company/support

Please stop by the booth to say hi if you get a chance!

-CM

Saw the new stuff from the press release and it looks great!! Can't wait to see everything that comes from the PGA show.

Now for my question. I'm about to pull the trigger on some C-Taper S+ shafts, would it be worth waiting until after the PGA show before purchasing? Mainly interested if the C-Tapers will be getting any of the customization options or if they will be offered in black. I would also love the blue shaft labels for them :)

Completely understandable if you can't share info yet, but maybe a simple "ok to buy" or "wait until the show"?

hckymeyer,

Thanks for the question! You are OK to buy right now if you are wanting the C-Taper shafts. Enjoy the new setup! The blue labels are awesome.

CM

Saw the new stuff from the press release and it looks great!! Can't wait to see everything that comes from the PGA show.

Now for my question. I'm about to pull the trigger on some C-Taper S+ shafts, would it be worth waiting until after the PGA show before purchasing? Mainly interested if the C-Tapers will be getting any of the customization options or if they will be offered in black. I would also love the blue shaft labels for them :)

Completely understandable if you can't share info yet, but maybe a simple "ok to buy" or "wait until the show"?

hckymeyer,

Thanks for the question! You are OK to buy right now if you are wanting the C-Taper shafts. Enjoy the new setup! The blue labels are awesome.

CM

Sounds good!! Does that mean the blue labels will be available for the C-Tapers?

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings! Hope you all had an excellent PGA show.

2 questions

1: When can we pre order/order more then a set of 3 of new custom shafts?

2: Is there any plan to offer the customs in the + flex's? IE if one wanted R+ Tour's in the Custom setup, is that part of the plan?

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Sorry but the custom label colors are only available in the KBS Wedge. This is a limited launch and we are only launching this for a limited time.

Check the Custom Lab app and have some fun building your setup! http://kbsgolfshafts.com/custom-lab

Thanks for the question,

CM

Sounds good!! Does that mean the blue labels will be available for the C-Tapers?

SuperTuna,

Thanks, it was a great show! We do not have any plans to bring the custom labels into full iron sets, + flexes or any other shaft model.

Bests,

CM

Greetings! Hope you all had an excellent PGA show.

2 questions

1: When can we pre order/order more then a set of 3 of new custom shafts?

2: Is there any plan to offer the customs in the + flex's? IE if one wanted R+ Tour's in the Custom setup, is that part of the plan?

Fair enough.

Don't suppose you'd be willing to spill on the C Taper 90's would you? Have a set coming over from Japan and I'm curious if they're going to follow the Tour v Tour 90 setup where the C Taper 90's play softer then the standard C Tapers in the same flex.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• 1 month later...

SuperTuna,

Thanks for the question and sorry for the delay. Yes, it is a similar change in performance. Lighter, a little higher ball flight, but less spin than the Tour 90s.

Thanks

Fair enough.

Don't suppose you'd be willing to spill on the C Taper 90's would you? Have a set coming over from Japan and I'm curious if they're going to follow the Tour v Tour 90 setup where the C Taper 90's play softer then the standard C Tapers in the same flex.

• 3 months later...

CM,

The testers for the C Taper Lite shafts have been chosen. Accidentally, we are all from Texas. Since so little is know about these I thought I would revive this thread and ask you a question. I currently use Tours in S flex. I took the online fitting and it said to use R flex. I have the Hybrid shaft in S but soft stepped and crush this thing and love the feel.

I have also hit the C Tapers and could have used the R Flex in them. What do you think?

RR

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Thanks for the question! The CT Lite shafts will have a little higher trajectory but still produce a very controlled spin and feel similar to the C-Taper Shaft.

If you would have used the C-Taper R flex, you should probably play the S flex. for a more similar performance. Or use the CT Lite R flex for the higher trajectory performance.

Thanks again,

Conrad

CM,

The testers for the C Taper Lite shafts have been chosen. Accidentally, we are all from Texas. Since so little is know about these I thought I would revive this thread and ask you a question. I currently use Tours in S flex. I took the online fitting and it said to use R flex. I have the Hybrid shaft in S but soft stepped and crush this thing and love the feel.

I have also hit the C Tapers and could have used the R Flex in them. What do you think?

RR

• 2 years later...

Hi, I was wondering if you could answer my question. As you can see by my signature, I currently play the Cobra King F6 irons with FST shafts in Stiff flex. How do these shafts compare to, say, KBS c-taper Lite in terms of trajectory (launch vs spin)?

Titleist has a useful graph in their custom shaft catalog showing launch vs. spin showing many different brands. This is useful in pre determining desired trajectory for a brand of shaft, but FST is not included there.

I appreciate if you can give me an idea of how FST Cobra iron shafts compare. Thanks!

Archived