TESTERS WANTED! ×

I've been spending quite a bit of time at the practice chipping area near me.  Yesterday I took half a large basket over and spent a couple hours hitting 30-60 yard wedge shots.  With many of the winter residents heading back north, the range is often wide open. My groupings were pretty nice but, even still, I nearly wore myself out picking up balls 😜.  I want to get either a ball tube or shag bag and just started looking on-line.  Which do you have and recommend?  Thanks.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I've been spending quite a bit of time at the practice chipping area near me.  Yesterday I took half a large basket over and spent a couple hours hitting 30-60 yard wedge shots.  With many of the winter residents heading back north, the range is often wide open. My groupings were pretty nice but, even still, I nearly wore myself out picking up balls 😜.  I want to get either a ball tube or shag bag and just started looking on-line.  Which do you have and recommend?  Thanks.

I have a bag and like it a lot.   How many balls do you want to incorporate into your practice routine?    I hit a few from one location then move to another and when I am done I collect them all and can start over.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

20 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I have a bag and like it a lot.   How many balls do you want to incorporate into your practice routine?    I hit a few from one location then move to another and when I am done I collect them all and can start over.  

Thanks. I can see that many of the bags hold 2-3x as many balls as the tubes.  While one wouldn't necessarily need to keep it full, it does offer more versatility.  I was wondering about the bag design on those damp mornings when balls get loaded with grass clippings.  That's not a normal here in AZ, but figured the bag might get rather messy? Ergonomics of each appear the same and so long as the zipper is of good quality, would think no difference in durability.  

24 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Thanks. I can see that many of the bags hold 2-3x as many balls as the tubes.  While one wouldn't necessarily need to keep it full, it does offer more versatility.  I was wondering about the bag design on those damp mornings when balls get loaded with grass clippings.  That's not a normal here in AZ, but figured the bag might get rather messy? Ergonomics of each appear the same and so long as the zipper is of good quality, would think no difference in durability.  

I couldn't tell you how old my shag bag is.  I got it from my father in law in the 90s and he had it before that.   It is stained and  I have put wet balls in it and there have been grass clippings.    The clippings dry and come out when I go through the bag the next time.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I like my tube. Holds 24 balls (which is plenty to hit at one time) and fits into the putter well in my golf bag. Also, I know when I missed a ball so I can search around and retrieve it - leave no ball behind! 

PXG 0211 driver, 5w, 6i-PW, GW, SW; Titleist H1 4h; Odyssey White Hot mallet.

I have 2 tubes and one shag bag. The tubes take 20 balls each and the shag bag about 80.

The shag bag I tend only use in the yard for chipping and getting my chipping rhythm repetition, i.e I will hit 80 balls to build my confidence up and down the yard for about an hour.

The tubes I use differently  

1. For warm up I will use one tube will 2 core balls, hit 5-10 drives, 5-10 7i. These I hit from different tees so the balls endup 60 to 30yds short of the practise green. I then pitch the 20 balls onto the green. Then chip the ones that miss the green.

2. I fill the 2 tubes with coloured Callaway Supersoft or Wilson Duo balls, 10 of each colour. I can then hit 10 balls, change something and hit another 10 and hopefully see the dispersion and distance difference when I collect them.

3. I fill one tube with my gamer ball, this is mainly for short game practise or gapping practise

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Thanks guys!  I decided on the original "Shag Bag" and bought it through Amazon.  I ran into a guy at one of our practice areas and asked how it has held up; tension springs and zipper specifically.  He said his was at least 20 years old it works like the day he bought it.

On 5/26/2023 at 7:16 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Thanks guys!  I decided on the original "Shag Bag" and bought it through Amazon.  I ran into a guy at one of our practice areas and asked how it has held up; tension springs and zipper specifically.  He said his was at least 20 years old it works like the day he bought it.

I have one at least that old------ I also have an old school Titleist shag bag that is at least 30 years old. I use both as occasion dictates. Now when I use the old school bag I use one of those ball pick up things like you put on a putter. I have it on an old shaft witha grip at both ends. That saves my stressed out back

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 5/26/2023 at 7:16 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Mine is about 10 yrs old - looks and works like the day I bought it. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 5 months later...

I'm most certainly a shag bagger. Have 2, one stays in the truck all the time and one for the yard. I like the flexibility and ease in which to re-gather my shots. I am amazed at how costly they seem to have gotten. Last one I bought was 24.95, quite a few years ago. The bag is wearing thin but still working.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet