TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bag Boy ZTF Bag - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow the Testers main posts in the links below!

@HeathS16 TESTING POST

@OdinSnipes414 TESTING POST

@carter18 TESTING POST

@MrBandit TESTING POST

INTRO:

I have been golfing for the past 18yrs, started after leaving the military and moving to San Francisco, I never expected to play golf. Everyone in my office played golf and they took me to a par 3 course in San Francisco and I remembering making par on the 4 hole (easy game, LOL) have been hook since.
Once I moved back to NYC, I began to play more and become more competitive and really get hooked on the game. Now living in Texas, my game as become more consistent as I get the play year-round vs 6 months a year when I was in NYC.
Started playing in some of the US AM Tour tournaments again, and this has help my confidence and concentration since every shot counts and cannot just waste a shot if I was just playing around with friends.

My game – Currently at 7.4 HC, up and down, struggle with concentration in the middle of the round causing silly mistakes, which escalates those numbers quickly. Hence my scores fluctuating from 77 to 87.  Chipping and putting has help keep my rounds under control, getting up and down from around the greens. Which I considered that my strength of my game.  I struggle at times with my mid irons, but I compensate with my wedge game and putting.

My current golf bag is a Bag Boy Chiller Hybrid stand bag, I like the club dividers and the storage pockets. I have had since 2020 and its still in good conditional which speaks of its durability.
One thing is that it’s a lot heavier than my previous Titleist stand bag.

I’m looking forward to the option of the removal pockets, and if this becomes more a walking/cart bag than my current one.  
I never had a bag with 4 dividers, so this will be an interesting adjustment, also looking at the durability of this bag as it appears to be lighter and would the removal of the side pockets frequently compromise the durability of this bag. Those are questions am hoping to get answers to.

First Impression:

After finally receiving the bag I was comparing my current Bag Boy Hybrid Bag with the new Bag Boy ZFT. At first I was concern that my stuff from my current bag was not going to fit properly in the smaller ZFT bag. But as you can see everything fit just fine on the new bag. I never had a 4 slot bag so, I wasn't sure how all of it was going to fit, apparently there is no issue.
I will take the bag to the course on Saturday and see how everything works on the course.
20230619_164555.jpg.94d0266288e88789c54ba66aaebbf440.jpg20230619_164937.jpg.05528ae62934726b13406777eeef7267.jpg20230619_165155.jpg.7c3150e0f8081b6c60f9d37dfa6ef2d9.jpg20230619_170118.jpg.4cac75ecc68275f094f835c0dafad207.jpg

Looks (9 out of 10 points)

●      Midnight Blue is subtle sharp color, shines in the sunlight make the bag glow in a way.
●      The bag is smaller than my current Bag Boy Chiller Hybrid Stand bag, but that is expected. It feels sturdy and with a premium look.
●      4 slot divider option is an adjustment if you never used one before, but all the clubs fit nicely once you figured out how to load the clubs.
●      The removal pockets have strong zippers, not your standard ones you would find it a standard bag. This would have to be because of the option to remove them every so often and don’t want to user to struggle with the zipper or break after repeated removal options.
●      There is an option to change the removal pockets with other custom designs from their website. This will give it more flare.

Feel (10 out of 10 points)

●      The ZFT is super light, but sturdy.  After loading everything I had on my Bag Boy Chiller it didn’t feel as heavy.  Walked with it the range the first time and didn’t feel I was carrying the bag.
●      The shoulder straps are easy to adjust and feel very comfortable while you walk. Doesn’t dig into your shoulders like some other straps. The Swivel clip are easy to take off or put bag on.
●      Getting into the pockets was easy and didn’t feel like it was going to break because the bag was light.
●      The front handle of the bag is bigger than my previous bag, which makes it easy to pickup and move the bag around your not going to feel like you’re jamming your hand into the bag.

image.png.05a6dfdbeb7e7489177d88dd6aff3f27.png

Basic Characteristics (8 out of 10 points)

●        Removable Pockets: This is a key feature of the ZFT Bag, while its innovative I found it unnecessary because of the lightweight design of the bag. Even fully loaded with everything I had on my previous Bag Boy Chiller bag. I didn’t see where I would feel the need to remove the extra pockets. One thing you will notice is that if your remove the bigger sleeve, the waterproof fleece-line valuable pocket where you can put wallet, keys, and other personal items you do not have that option on the inside pocket.
This would be more beneficial on a standard bag which would be heavier, and the removal pockets would come into play more.
●        Pockets: The accessory pocket and large ball pocket are plentiful. I was able to fit all loose golf balls and a couple of additional sleeves with no issues. Tees, and other tools fit nicely in the accessory’s pockets.
The garment and other accessory pocket do the required job, the side pocket for a water bottle or drink is nice and easy to get to while you’re carrying the bag. But just fits one bottle or drink.
●        Stand: Sturdy legs didn’t feel like they would slide open due to the weight or how the bag was standing.
●        Swivel Straps: Easy to adjust and take off and on as necessary. If you’re not going to carry the bag, I would suggest taking the straps off if you’re going to be in a pushcart or drive cart.
●        Top-Lok Technology: While I have seen this option on the previous Bag Boy Chiller, I was not able to make it work on any other Push Cart that is not a Bag Boy cart. This could be just operator error, but I was not able to properly secure the bag from not topping over.

On-Course (8 out of 10 points)

After taking the bag for its first run this past weekend, it fit just fine in the drive cart. Since it was smaller there was not issue with another bag in the cart.
Getting clubs in and out was as expected easy enough, again this more of a preference how you want to divide your clubs in the 4 slots, I have mine with woods in the back, irons in the middle and putter and wedges in the front. Preferred the individual club slots but we are just splitting hairs.

One small feature that is overlooked is that there is Velcro spot for your glove for during or after the round you can just hang your glove there.
 image.png.3b9b222ffb47692072ee45da360f23b4.png

I was not able to use it on the course with my pushcart as didn’t have time to go to the course again before posting this review, but I was able to test it at home and just to see how it feels. It’s better on the pushcart than my Bag Boy Chiller.

Play it or Trade it? (7 out of 10 points)

While I love the midnight blue color and the fact that is a super light and sturdy bag. The removable pockets which is the selling point of the ZFT, just didn’t really come into play. Its spacious enough for all your required golf items and like I mention before removing the extra pockets didn’t seem like an option because you were not really saving that much space or weight.

The fact that you can customize the removable pockets to give it more of a personal touch is a nice feature but not enough to purchase this bag. And the retail price of $250 seems a bit high for this type of bag. The Bag Boy Chiller is bigger and comes with a cooler is only $189.00 comparably speaking.

If you’re looking for a light weight, sturdy bag with a premium feel, this is your bag for you.

Conclusion

Bag Boy ZFT is a nice alternative to a bigger stand bag. Pricing could be an issue for some golfers that want more for the money.
For a walker or using a push cart is this a nice light bag that shouldn’t wear you down.

Edited by MrBandit

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Testers Announced: 2023 Forum Member Test - Bag Boy ZTF Bag

Congrats testers!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Congrats and have fun with this! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Congrats. to the testers! Looking forward to their comments and reviews.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Congratulations!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Congrats Testers!!  I am interested in how the ZTF functionality works for you all.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Congratulations to the testers.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Driver

:callaway-small: Mavrik Three wood

:taylormade-small: M2 Hybrids 3, 4 & 5

:taylormade-small: R7 irons 5 - AW

Volkey sand wedge

David Musty putter

Retired educator who loves this game.  It is challenging and a game of integrity.

Congrats guys, should be a fun experience!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

Congrats testers!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

congrats cool bag concept can't wait to hear how it works out for everyone.

New golfer, left handed, slowly replacing old starter set from when I was in high school.

⛳🛄  as of 5/16/2023 
Driver: Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot

Wood: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback 3-4 Fairway

Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot 5 Wood

Hybrid:  :callaway-small:Steelhead XR 4H 22*

Irons: 3i-8i Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot

:cobra-small: 9i King F6 R-Flex Steel

PW: Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot

54*: :vokey-small: SM6 M Grind

Putter: :cleveland-small: TFi 1.0 2135 Satin Blade

Balls: Whatever I find in the rough right now

Bag:  🐏Stand Bag I found thrown out (missing carry strap)

Congrats all. I like the way you golfin, no diggity , you got to bag it, bag it up. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Congrats to the testers!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

13 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Congrats all. I like the way you golfin, no diggity , you got to bag it, bag it up. 

And now i need to find a new computer because i spit coffee on this one. 

"SLOW PLAY SLOW PLAY SLOW PLAY SLOW PLAY" You got to Pick it up now  "SLOW PLAY SLOW PLAY SLOW PLAY SLOW PLAY"  COME on Cantlay>>>>>>>

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

Congratulations Testers!!🎊

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Just got the Fedex notification. Should have this bad boy ready to unbox tomorrow!

FEDEX.png.a220c2e23d708b03435b95366a2179b3.png

GHIN 7.8

D Callaway Epic Flash subzero 10.5 down to 9.5

3W Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 14.5

3 sub 70 19.5

5 Srixon ZX5

6-AW Srixon ZX7

56 Titelist SM8 

60 Titelist SM7

P Scotty Cameron 2014 Newport 2.0 Select

Bag: BagBoy ZTF 2023 https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/59331-2023-forum-member-test-bag-boy-ztf-bag/

this will definitely be an interesting one. I'm not sure I'm sold on the need to zip things on and off but maybe I'm missing something....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

IMG_4498.png.d095ba2c9c9704a84b74840ef4c6ea3c.png

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip

Congrats to testers!  Looking forward to your reviews!

Mark Luft

Driver:  PING G430SFT 

Woods: PING G430SFT 3, 5 & 7

Irons:  PING G430 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, W, 45, 50, 54, 58

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X HydroBlast #9

Bag:  Bag Boy Revolver

Push Cart:  Callaway 3-Wheel

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

this will definitely be an interesting one. I'm not sure I'm sold on the need to zip things on and off but maybe I'm missing something....

I agree. I look at it like this: When I go out to walk an evening round, I typically pull several things I need out of my bag as well as a few clubs depending on the course to lighten the load. I will make sure to speak to the ease of removal/ reattachment in my reviews. My hope is that with the bags removed it functions more like a small Sunday bag which typically only holds a handful of clubs and therefore makes it a more versatile option.

GHIN 7.8

D Callaway Epic Flash subzero 10.5 down to 9.5

3W Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 14.5

3 sub 70 19.5

5 Srixon ZX5

6-AW Srixon ZX7

56 Titelist SM8 

60 Titelist SM7

P Scotty Cameron 2014 Newport 2.0 Select

Bag: BagBoy ZTF 2023 https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/59331-2023-forum-member-test-bag-boy-ztf-bag/

When they say it will be here in an hour or 4 ……

It’s here everyone editing some videoed and partial reviews to come!IMG_4508.jpeg.90f58cdb77b54a216005a199d59e7b09.jpeg

UPDATE