Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Are people using software (Bots/scripts) to book tee times?

I know my local munis in Houston book 1 week out and 2 weeks out respectively. Both use ForeUpsoftware to book, Gus Wortham is midnight 7 days ahead and Memorial Park is 6am 14 days ahead and I have confirmed that with friends and with pro shop. I will set an alarm on my phone, be completely logged in and ready to go a few minutes early and refresh the page the second the clock strikes the minute and MAYBE 1 out of 5 times is there a desirable Saturday 8-11am tee time for 4.

They are so unavailable to the point that I'm wondering if people are using software to book times. I'm stuck to afternoon times or looking for cancelations toward the end of the week. Has anyone hear of app or something to book? Anyone have the same issues?

Edited by jkimbrell0

JK

Driver: Callaway Rogue

3W: Callaway Rogue

Hybrid: Callaway Apex

Irons: Callaway APEX 21

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore

Putter: PXG Hercules 

I have the same issues, but for making camping reservations in Michigan State Parks. You're allowed to make 6 months out. Sooo hard to actually get a good site playing by the rules. What I've found out is that people are making their reservations for a desired site 15 days before the date they want to actually arrive, 6 months in advance. Then when it gets close to the date they cancel all the previous reserved days just prior to the date they arrive. Just about ready to give it up and sell the camper. Not fun anylonger.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

The deal with Memorial is that you can pay $15 extra to secure the tee time you want 2 weeks in advance then when normal Joe's try and book on the clock, those special times are not in the system. If alone. Best is walk up at 45 mins before opening. They keep a starter time open for 7:30 but ifyou're later, no bueno.

I waited 2.5 hours walkup before and was 7 on the list.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Booking a tee time at my home course is a waste of time. We always have a tee time, but it really doesn't mean much. We could show up at any time and be off in 10 minutes. The owner doesn't give two s**ts about tee times. He takes them, and then puts as many people out there as he can, regardless of a tee time...lol. When we make the turn, we are usually greeted by at least one cart of two... and sometimes more, waiting to tee off. How, you may ask... because the owner puts out as many people as he can... starting them anywhere he can stick them. This is life at my home course...lol.

Yes, many people use software to book tee times for golf courses. Golf course management systems and online booking platforms are commonly used to streamline the tee time reservation process. These software solutions allow golfers to view available tee times, select their preferred time slot, and make reservations conveniently online or through mobile applications. For example GolfNow is one of the largest online tee time booking platforms.

15 hours ago, hulkk531 said:

Yes, many people use software to book tee times for golf courses. Golf course management systems and online booking platforms are commonly used to streamline the tee time reservation process. These software solutions allow golfers to view available tee times, select their preferred time slot, and make reservations conveniently online or through mobile applications. For example GolfNow is one of the largest online tee time booking platforms.

This isn't what the OP is talking about. He's asking about whether or not people are using bots to book tee times for them.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

On 5/18/2023 at 4:52 PM, jkimbrell0 said:

I know my local munis in Houston book 1 week out and 2 weeks out respectively. Both use ForeUpsoftware to book, Gus Wortham is midnight 7 days ahead and Memorial Park is 6am 14 days ahead and I have confirmed that with friends and with pro shop. I will set an alarm on my phone, be completely logged in and ready to go a few minutes early and refresh the page the second the clock strikes the minute and MAYBE 1 out of 5 times is there a desirable Saturday 8-11am tee time for 4.

They are so unavailable to the point that I'm wondering if people are using software to book times. I'm stuck to afternoon times or looking for cancelations toward the end of the week. Has anyone hear of app or something to book? Anyone have the same issues?

I can't speak to the courses in your area, but having worked at a golf course before I can tell you that there are sometimes groups (longtime members or patrons) who have standing tee times every week so you may be running into some of that. The other possibility is that membership at any of these courses includes advanced tee times - this is something relatively new to me since moving to DFW in 2019 but I see a lot of courses in my area offering this as a "perk" for becoming a member. 

One parting thought (based on my experience in DFW) is that munis tend to fill up quicker than other public rate courses. Hard to say why that is, but if you've got other courses you can drive to (even if they aren't as close) then perhaps that would be worth considering. I've never had a huge problem finding a tee time I want so long as I'm willing to go where everyone else is not and it's provided me the chance to play some really nice courses.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

On 5/19/2023 at 10:33 PM, silver & black said:

Booking a tee time at my home course is a waste of time. We always have a tee time, but it really doesn't mean much. We could show up at any time and be off in 10 minutes. The owner doesn't give two s**ts about tee times. He takes them, and then puts as many people out there as he can, regardless of a tee time...lol. When we make the turn, we are usually greeted by at least one cart of two... and sometimes more, waiting to tee off. How, you may ask... because the owner puts out as many people as he can... starting them anywhere he can stick them. This is life at my home course...lol.

That's no fun. I know there's several courses like that in the area and I tend to stay away from them. It just leads to super long rounds and not much fun. Bunker Hill in Medina is notorious for this too. They have 6 minute times to begin with, but everyone who just walks up they say pay here and get in line, we'll get you out.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

There are courses in my area that have this. They either A) have a healthy membership base (even though public) and the times are made available to them long before the general public or B) there's the same large group that's been playing the course for 40 years and the owner/manager just blocks off everything for them. or C) they made an exception because of a big outing or group that they knew about well in advance. I understand Memorial Park is quite a unique situation, probably only comparable to Bethpage, so there's nothing like that in Cleveland. Just a handful of courses you're never gonna get to play before noon on a weekend.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

• 9 months later...
On 5/22/2023 at 10:54 AM, hulkk531 said:

I agree, and such software is beneficial. I use it, and it's pretty convenient. For me, it's hard to imagine such processes without the help of different software because it's easier for business owners and for clients, too. I'm very interested in technology and software, and I can say that they all greatly help us in everyday life. Some time ago, I found this information here https://ddi-dev.com/blog/case/how-to-create-a-crm-system-for-your-business/, which was interesting to me. It's about CRM systems, why they are good and so on. I think that it improves the quality of business and the relationships between clients and business owners by centralizing customer information so there can be a personal approach. And in general, the easier all the processes for customers are, the better it is.

Edited by harryparker1

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and most of the time its a week in advance and i rarely have issue getting a tee time. Most have software to choose your teetime online but i just book with Golf Now or Supreme golf. All the local courses I play are on both softwares so ive never had issue and i got hot deals to where normally 60 dollars for 18 and a cart i might find it for 35 for 18 and a cart and they send a box of srixon Q star golf balls around christmas every year which is cool.

We use Chronogolf at our club. We can also use at other courses. 

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

Unless it is absolutely required I won't use online booking.  In person or by phone is my preference and often I can get a tee time that the software says is unavailable.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

I've heard similar grumblings from others I know who like to book a certain time but found it was that regular members often put it down with the admin on a standing basis so have a time locked in. Best to call the club in those instances as they may know if someone won't be turning up etc.

I've not heard of anyone I know using a bot to get in quick. Anyone that keen either does the above or goes to my local club itself as they open up for in-person bookings the night before the software to get bar sales etc up.

D - Callaway X 416

3 Hybrid - Mizuno JPX850

Irons - Mizuno MPH4 5-PW

54deg Vokey SM7

50deg & 58 deg Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full-Face

P - Odyssey Tank 2 ball  

On 2/26/2024 at 9:10 AM, tdc1 said:

Unless it is absolutely required I won't use online booking.  In person or by phone is my preference and often I can get a tee time that the software says is unavailable.

Yep, I've had the same experience. We were in Tennessee in November and there was a course close to our cabin. I looked at their website and it showed zero tee times available. Looking at Google Maps showed the course to be "less busy than usual". I called and the lady said their were only 3 tee times scheduled for the day. I only saw two other groups playing the whole day. It was wonderful! 

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

Almost exclusively now. It's rare that I ever call to book a tee time now.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

...I do this as often as I can but I'll play as a single sometimes and some software starts at 2 players. Do I book as a twosome and give the "my buddy couldn't make it" excuse at the course? Nah. I wouldn't do that. 😉

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1 minute ago, PCS said:

Out of necessity. We live in a world that minimizes human interaction for so many things we do. 

I've even see 'remote check-in' on golfnow recently !!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

On 5/18/2023 at 5:52 PM, jkimbrell0 said:

I'm wondering if people are using software to book times.

puts as many people out there as he can,

On the first part jkimbrell0, yes they are using "software".  It's probably in the form of their buddy who works in the clubhouse, who "pencils them in" ahead of time.  I must confess as to this point that having realized it is occurring, we often "call" for a tee time, and be marked up.    This is not necessarily bad, because some of the reason for restricting how far in advance , people can sign up for tee times online , ESPECIALLY if they are not secured with a credit card, AND ACTUALLY CHARGED FOR NOT SHOWING UPsome dumbass would go through the entire year and sign up for his tee time for the entire year, and only show up for 3 of them!!  If yours are secured with credit cards, and you've tried calling(and been told you have to go online), then I'm not sure.

Silver & Black  lets hope this isn't just an Ohio thing, with Disciples input.  We have the same problem at a couple of courses on this side.  Not only will they NOT turn anyone away, many times the tee sheet isn't full, BUT GOD FORBID, someone be told they are going to have to wait 20 minutes to tee off.  Once showed up at 315, for 330 tee time.  Nobody on the hole, so presumably the 310 played it quickly or didn't show.  So with 10 minute tee times that should have left one group at 320, and then us at 330, in that 15 minutes, two additional groups teed off, becasue these idiot money hungry managers and owner, think because nobody is PHYSICALLY ON THE TEE SWINGING A CLUB, AT THIS VERY MOMENT IN TIME, that it is ok to just send people off.  We went and asked about the two extra groups teeing off, and were given some BS excuse.  We demanded our money back, becasue it was going to be a 5.5 hour round, and won't go back unless we can play on a weekday.  It's a real problem.

Edited by Stuka44

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

6 minutes ago, Stuka44 said:

Once showed up at 315, for 330 tee time.  Nobody on the hole, so presumably the 210 played it quickly or didn't show.  So with 10 minute tee times that should have left one group at 320, and then us at 330, in that 15 minutes, two additional groups teed off, because these idiot money hungry managers and owner, think because nobody is PHYSICALLY ON THE TEE SWINGING A CLUB, AT THIS VERY MOMENT IN TIME, that it is ok to just send people off.  We went and asked about the two extra groups teeing off, and were given some BS excuse.  We demanded our money back, because it was going to be a 5.5 hour round, and won't go back unless we can play on a weekday.  It's a real problem.

Great point here; no matter how you book your times, if there isn't someone there to manage it then it can quickly spiral out of control and cause severe negative feedback. 

When I look at playing a course I typically check reviews and if they don't know how to space their times and people are talking about super long rounds (4+ hours) then I'm going somewhere else.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Also just to clarify I was initially wondering if people were using bots or some sort of autofill that books a time without human input as soon as they go live on the site. I am aware of booking things online normally and that GolfNow and Supreme golf exist, I use those and still encounter all the tee times being immediately gone less than 1 minute into them being released by the system.

As an update, I started paying a subscription to TeeTimeAlerts which will send me a text when tee time is available on the website in a specified time window (I have mine set 8-11 every saturday at both my local munis). This really only works for cancelations later on in the week but I get a decent amount of tee times from it when people get to the 48 hour cancellation window and decide to abort. 

JK

Driver: Callaway Rogue

3W: Callaway Rogue

Hybrid: Callaway Apex

Irons: Callaway APEX 21

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore

Putter: PXG Hercules 

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Almost exclusively now. It's rare that I ever call to book a tee time now.

After reading your piece abut golf in Switzerland I can understand why you go this route.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

29 minutes ago, tdc1 said:

After reading your piece abut golf in Switzerland I can understand why you go this route.

The language barrier can be a challenge at times. Most places all have the same system here so it is easy to book last minute or cancel and do all of that through an app for 30 plus courses here. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

5 hours ago, John W Sutch said:

Am old school. I call the pro shop on the phone and it gets done.

I would like to second that… A couple of months ago ( around Christmas ) I called the pro shop of an area golf course. It was 25 mins. before closing a yet their phones rolled over to an answering machine that suggested logging into a tee time service. I took a look and used the service. Was charged a little over $8 as a convenience fee in making the tee time…. Hopefully going forward, I will just be able  to continue to make tee times in person or talk to a person on the phone. 

Convenience fees (grrr...), now that is a topic that crosses all boundaries. An excuse for charging a higher cost for not talking to another human!

WITB - Callaway Epic Flash woods, 2019 Apex irons, Mizuno T-Zoid wedges, Ping Anser putter

I am originally from Canton, OH, which course is this?

Edited by TheJones