Jump to content
Testers Wanted: Vortex Rangefinders ×

Callaway Paradym Drivers - 2023 Forum Review


Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow the Testers main post and reviews in the links below!

Callaway Paradym X Driver - @cksurfdude TESTING POST

Callaway Paradym Standard - @Invader Zim 315 TESTING POST

Callaway Paradym Standard - @StrokerAce  TESTING POST

Callaway Paradym Standard - @Samuel09152Re-Review Testing Post

Callaway Paradym TD - @azstu324 TESTING POST

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

quick update - after multiple rounds of errant driving I've come to the tough conclusion that the Paradym and I just aren't a match. It's a great driver when you tag it but I just couldn't get consistent enough with it to be confident when stepping up on the tee box.

I've passed along the driver with a bonus shaft to @GolfSpy BOS who has plans for moving it along to @GolfSpy SAM for a mini test. 

I enjoyed the test and if you're also testing equipment it's okay to admit that it may not suit you and your game. #PlayWhatWorks

Cheers!

That’s a hard decision to make but applaud you for it. I hope you find a great fit!

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very honest of you to say this. I’ve said it many times to friends, all heads on drivers are amazing due to tech. 
But the most important thing’s for myself are, grip composition and size, shaft flex, weight, length and does it give you confidence every time you hit it. 
If you get these three things right you’ve hit the jackpot, but that’s the journey, the Excalibur and Holy Grail. 

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

quick update - after multiple rounds of errant driving I've come to the tough conclusion that the Paradym and I just aren't a match. It's a great driver when you tag it but I just couldn't get consistent enough with it to be confident when stepping up on the tee box.

I've passed along the driver with a bonus shaft to @GolfSpy BOS who has plans for moving it along to @GolfSpy SAM for a mini test. 

I enjoyed the test and if you're also testing equipment it's okay to admit that it may not suit you and your game. #PlayWhatWorks

Cheers!

I had it long enough to give it a good workout on the Rapsodo, and while it was cold and I was slow, I know enough that it's good I passed it along to @GolfSpy SAM before getting too attached... its clearly a significant upgrade in terms of sound and feel over the epic max LS, even if it pains me to say that! 

GMP_U2F2ZUdIMDE=.gif

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

I had it long enough to give it a good workout on the Rapsodo, and while it was cold and I was slow, I know enough that it's good I passed it along to @GolfSpy SAM before getting too attached... its clearly a significant upgrade in terms of sound and feel over the epic max LS, even if it pains me to say that! 

GMP_U2F2ZUdIMDE=.gif

Don't say things like that last thing I need is a new driver

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Don't say things like that last thing I need is a new driver

sorry man.... but the unforgiving sound box known as "my garage" tends to amplify those sound differences and makes it very clear that the Paradym is much more muted sounding. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

sorry man.... but the unforgiving sound box known as "my garage" tends to amplify those sound differences and makes it very clear that the Paradym is much more muted sounding. 

I bet, the Epic Max L S can get a bit loud, good thing you have not hit a G425 in there.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ejgaudette said:

I bet, the Epic Max L S can get a bit loud, good thing you have not hit a G425 in there.

yeah my wife already says I don't listen to her... 

 

But I blame that on my 2 years with a Cleveland Hi-bore XLS.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, first of all, apologies for not having posted here yet - it's been a rough week and I haven't even had time to swing the driver yet.  It arrived on Monday, I've had a nasty cold, we got hit with a wind storm (no joke), and I'm still fighting this GD cough.  

That being said, I'm VERY curious to see how this performs.  I've been hitting my PXG (gen 5 XF) REALLY well the last month or so, so the Paradym has its work cut out for it.  I'm super curious how the XStiff shafts (one about 1.5" shorter than the other, which is interesting) will perform, considering I've always been in a Stiff shaft in all my fittings.  If neither of the stiff shafts work, I'm going to find an Oban Devotion (what I have in my PXG and love, and what I was fitted into in a fitting last January) on Ebay with the Cally tip to really make it an apples-to-apples comparison.  

Really excited to put this thing through its paces, especially with a buddies trip to Palm Springs planned for the first week of January - perfect timing!

Big thanks to @StrokerAce for passing this along, and to @GolfSpy BOS for getting it out to me (relatively) unharmed.  I can still see the sky marks you put on it, Bryan.  😉

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

So, first of all, apologies for not having posted here yet - it's been a rough week and I haven't even had time to swing the driver yet.  It arrived on Monday, I've had a nasty cold, we got hit with a wind storm (no joke), and I'm still fighting this GD cough.  

That being said, I'm VERY curious to see how this performs.  I've been hitting my PXG (gen 5 XF) REALLY well the last month or so, so the Paradym has its work cut out for it.  I'm super curious how the XStiff shafts (one about 1.5" shorter than the other, which is interesting) will perform, considering I've always been in a Stiff shaft in all my fittings.  If neither of the stiff shafts work, I'm going to find an Oban Devotion (what I have in my PXG and love, and what I was fitted into in a fitting last January) on Ebay with the Cally tip to really make it an apples-to-apples comparison.  

Really excited to put this thing through its paces, especially with a buddies trip to Palm Springs planned for the first week of January - perfect timing!

Big thanks to @StrokerAce for passing this along, and to @GolfSpy BOS for getting it out to me (relatively) unharmed.  I can still see the sky marks you put on it, Bryan.  😉

Rude! Haha no sky marks from me. There would be evidence in my garage ceiling if that was the case. And if that was the case I’d be in strict probation from my better half. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

yeah my wife already says I don't listen to her... 

 

But I blame that on my 2 years with a Cleveland Hi-bore XLS.

Does anyone listen to their wife when it comes to golf? Asking for a friend….

Play like a champion today!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Javs said:

Does anyone listen to their wife when it comes to golf? Asking for a friend….

Mine found out she needs to ask me questions on the course and now joins me!!! Even went our first simi session together hahahaha

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just swung it into the net for the first time, alongside my PXG.  Man - even though the shaft is heavier (70 vs 65(? or 60?)) and stiffer (x vs. stiff), this thing swings really, really smooth.  Sound is fantastic - slightly duller and more muted than the PXG (I quite like the sound of the PXG, to be fair).  Average swing speed was about 2mph slower than the PXG, but since it was into a net and the PRGR was giving some slightly odd numbers (clocked one at 113, and another over 120, so...unlikely, lol), I'll wait until I can get it out on a range/course to determine if there's ACTUALLY any difference. 

I tried the shorter shaft first, since that's what was installed when it arrived, but it was like swinging a 3 wood (it was kind of hilarious how quickly I noticed the difference when addressing a ball), and the swing speed was about 6mph less.  I'll still definitely be trying it out to see if it's a fairway finder, which could be super useful on a few of the courses I play regularly, but as an everyday thing, I'll be going with the standard length shaft for sure. 

Given the heavier and stiffer shaft, I was pretty surprised at how easy it was to move.  My top speed with the Oban/PXG combo was 103, and with the Paradym was 100.  

Really excited to see this thing in action - I'm playing Monday, so I'll have it with me, and plan on doing a pretty extensive warm up before the round with it to see how it feels.  If my playing partners are game, I may try and hit "best ball" drives on a few holes to get some actual distances.

Overall, though, for swinging in pretty heavy winds (the net almost fell over multiple times), this thing feels pretty spectacular.

More to come

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Just swung it into the net for the first time, alongside my PXG.  Man - even though the shaft is heavier (70 vs 65(? or 60?)) and stiffer (x vs. stiff), this thing swings really, really smooth.  Sound is fantastic - slightly duller and more muted than the PXG (I quite like the sound of the PXG, to be fair).  Average swing speed was about 2mph slower than the PXG, but since it was into a net and the PRGR was giving some slightly odd numbers (clocked one at 113, and another over 120, so...unlikely, lol), I'll wait until I can get it out on a range/course to determine if there's ACTUALLY any difference. 

I tried the shorter shaft first, since that's what was installed when it arrived, but it was like swinging a 3 wood (it was kind of hilarious how quickly I noticed the difference when addressing a ball), and the swing speed was about 6mph less.  I'll still definitely be trying it out to see if it's a fairway finder, which could be super useful on a few of the courses I play regularly, but as an everyday thing, I'll be going with the standard length shaft for sure. 

Given the heavier and stiffer shaft, I was pretty surprised at how easy it was to move.  My top speed with the Oban/PXG combo was 103, and with the Paradym was 100.  

Really excited to see this thing in action - I'm playing Monday, so I'll have it with me, and plan on doing a pretty extensive warm up before the round with it to see how it feels.  If my playing partners are game, I may try and hit "best ball" drives on a few holes to get some actual distances.

Overall, though, for swinging in pretty heavy winds (the net almost fell over multiple times), this thing feels pretty spectacular.

More to come

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.  I just switched to the Paradym from PXG gen5

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jdparker said:

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.  I just switched to the Paradym from PXG gen5

Similar shaft or did you go with something else?  This is my first time swinging an x-stiff (on purpose, anyway: had the Hzrds Smoke in stiff that swung at 2x stiff, and HATED it), so I'm curious what it will look like on-course.  Really, really getting along well with the Oban I have in the PXG, so may end up looking for one on EBay to fully flesh out the comparison. But man I like the shape of the Paradym at address - surprising to me, because I don't normally LOVE a more triangular head, but something about this just looks like I can wail on it.  

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Similar shaft or did you go with something else?  This is my first time swinging an x-stiff (on purpose, anyway: had the Hzrds Smoke in stiff that swung at 2x stiff, and HATED it), so I'm curious what it will look like on-course.  Really, really getting along well with the Oban I have in the PXG, so may end up looking for one on EBay to fully flesh out the comparison. But man I like the shape of the Paradym at address - surprising to me, because I don't normally LOVE a more triangular head, but something about this just looks like I can wail on it.  

So, I found a too good to pass deal with a guy that had a staff model Paradym with Ventus Black Velocore 6x and traded in the PXG and a couple hundred on top.  I don't know if I like the 6x and have been looking at shafts to try out.

I had the HZDRUS Black 60 in stiff and it worked pretty well but I also have a love/hate relationship with driver as it is.  I have been having issues really releasing the club and I can kill a drive or slice it.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Similar shaft or did you go with something else?  This is my first time swinging an x-stiff (on purpose, anyway: had the Hzrds Smoke in stiff that swung at 2x stiff, and HATED it), so I'm curious what it will look like on-course.  Really, really getting along well with the Oban I have in the PXG, so may end up looking for one on EBay to fully flesh out the comparison. But man I like the shape of the Paradym at address - surprising to me, because I don't normally LOVE a more triangular head, but something about this just looks like I can wail on it.  

I had the HZRDUS smoke black in my paradym when I first got it, and it was a match made in heaven. That shaft broke and it was replaced by Callaway with a HZRDUS Black Gen 4 and it hasn’t been the same since. Not as much feel in this shaft to me

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

I had the HZRDUS smoke black in my paradym when I first got it, and it was a match made in heaven. That shaft broke and it was replaced by Callaway with a HZRDUS Black Gen 4 and it hasn’t been the same since. Not as much feel in this shaft to me

Time to get that HZRDUS Smoke Black from the local golf shop! Most the companies no longer offer the HZRDUS Smoke Yellow counter balanced shaft. I love that shaft. Well fortunately my local golf shop has them and can place any adapter on them. So, I get the stock shaft and then change it out locally. 

Play like a champion today!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apparently the Black that I had in my Cobra was stock from 2019/2020, and from what I've heard, it was a VERY different profile than the newest generation. "Boardy" is how I've heard it described, which tracks with what I experienced - it was almost impossible to feel the head load, which is what led me to the Otto Phlex experiment. The Oban I've got now (Devotion 6 TR) is the best of both worlds for me. Super stable, I can still feel the head load, and just feels awesome. 

Definitely open to being surprised by the Aldila X-stiff, though 😄

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Javs said:

Time to get that HZRDUS Smoke Black from the local golf shop! Most the companies no longer offer the HZRDUS Smoke Yellow counter balanced shaft. I love that shaft. Well fortunately my local golf shop has them and can place any adapter on them. So, I get the stock shaft and then change it out locally. 

Tons of these on eBay, both uncut and with adapters on them. I got one there for a Rogue ST Max LS head that had the optifit adapter already on.

There were HZRDUS Smoke Black shafts too. New or already cut with adapters.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shrek74 said:

Tons of these on eBay, both uncut and with adapters on them. I got one there for a Rogue ST Max LS head that had the optifit adapter already on.

There were HZRDUS Smoke Black shafts too. New or already cut with adapters.

Yes they are out there. I like the local shop because they are fair and do great work. Plus I can drive 15 mins and have the shaft and I know what I am getting. 

Play like a champion today!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Javs said:

Yes they are out there. I like the local shop because they are fair and do great work. Plus I can drive 15 mins and have the shaft and I know what I am getting. 

Totally understand. I’ve purchased many shafts and clubs on eBay, as well as sold many. I stick to actual golf shops with 10,000’s of sales and over 99% positive ratings. Never been disappointed to date. But everyone does their thing for their reasons. If your place doesn’t overcharge and does high quality work, consider yourself lucky. Sadly, that’s rare these days.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Javs said:

Yes they are out there. I like the local shop because they are fair and do great work. Plus I can drive 15 mins and have the shaft and I know what I am getting. 

I forgot to add that I am loyal to this shop because they are extremely honest. I went for a putter fitting and he told me I didn’t need a new putter. My current putter (at the time) was not the lie I thought. He bent it for me and I started making putts. Instead of paying 250 us for a putter I paid 10 dollars and he didn’t even charge me for the fitting. Now they always have my business!

1 minute ago, Shrek74 said:

Totally understand. I’ve purchased many shafts and clubs on eBay, as well as sold many. I stick to actual golf shops with 10,000’s of sales and over 99% positive ratings. Never been disappointed to date. But everyone does their thing for their reasons. If your place doesn’t overcharge and does high quality work, consider yourself lucky. Sadly, that’s rare these days.

Agree with you!

Play like a champion today!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Javs said:

I forgot to add that I am loyal to this shop because they are extremely honest. I went for a putter fitting and he told me I didn’t need a new putter. My current putter (at the time) was not the lie I thought. He bent it for me and I started making putts. Instead of paying 250 us for a putter I paid 10 dollars and he didn’t even charge me for the fitting. Now they always have my business!

Agree with you!

Love that. Need more shops/people like that!

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Javs said:

Time to get that HZRDUS Smoke Black from the local golf shop! Most the companies no longer offer the HZRDUS Smoke Yellow counter balanced shaft. I love that shaft. Well fortunately my local golf shop has them and can place any adapter on them. So, I get the stock shaft and then change it out locally. 

I should maybe get 2 lol, honestly never thought about eBay. Only place around me that had them was golf town but A) I hate golf town and B) they charge an absolute fortune for them. I bought a velocore Ventus black with grip and tip for my stealth 2 3w for less than golf town charged for the HZRDUS smoke black shaft alone. I’m searching now

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TylorJudd said:

I should maybe get 2 lol, honestly never thought about eBay. Only place around me that had them was golf town but A) I hate golf town and B) they charge an absolute fortune for them. I bought a velocore Ventus black with grip and tip for my stealth 2 3w for less than golf town charged for the HZRDUS smoke black shaft alone. I’m searching now

Yea my local shop gave me the shaft, cut down a 1/4 inch like I like and the adapter and Golf Pride MCC grip for 76 dollars. I was good with that.

Play like a champion today!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hoping to get to the range today. Miss golfing and really want to get some more numbers on the TD. Performs great on course so far!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

the Otto Phlex experiment

Ya mon!!

For an older, scrawny slow swinging kinda guy that was very literally a game changer for me.

 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H .. Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay! So I was able to heat up the PXG adapter on the Oban and pull it cleanly (after a surprising amount of heat to get it off), and after a little prep (sanding off epoxy and and drilling out the epoxy that had hardened inside), I was able to get the All-Fit adapter on and it's curing right now. I've got a round set for Friday - planning on gaming the Paradym to see how it feels on-course. 

I'll probably hit into the net tomorrow to see if there's a marked difference in feel between the PXG and Paradym, and I'll most likely hit both at the range pre-round on Friday. 

Excited to see what this thing can do - especially as I've had some AWESOME drives with the PXG last few rounds. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...