Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

For those of you who play in golf leagues. What’s your goal for this year?

skraeling

Do you even set one?

Last year I wanted to get my handicap below 20 (succeeded).

This year I want to not shoot above a 50 in league play (so far so good).

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

to defend the 'ship...

so far so good.

I never go into a round with a specific score in mind; I just want to make sure that I don't let my playing partner down.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

My league is team play so my goal for each round is to just play the best golf I can.  Basically assess shot, pick target, go to ball and repeat for the entire round. 

This isn’t any different than any other round other than during a non competitive round I may try a more risky shot than I would in league.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

That’s a great question - I’m back in a league that I played in for 12 years. It’s an individual league. I’ve had the lowest handicap in that league a couple of times but I’m older now.  However I get to move up to the senior tees. I’ve never played the course we play on from those tees.

So here’s my three goals:

1. To have fun

2.  To walk the 9 whenever possible.  Remember this is Florida in June through October so it won’t be every week. 

3.  To finish in one of the top two flights (I have been in the A flight every year I’ve played in the past)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

8 minutes ago, revkev said:

However I get to move up to the senior tees. I’ve never played the course we play on from those tees.

Have fun Rev!!  I can tell you that it takes a few rounds to get used to the new tees.  It’s almost like a new course.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

53 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Have fun Rev!!  I can tell you that it takes a few rounds to get used to the new tees.  It’s almost like a new course.  

There was a good video of one of the good good guys trying to play from the forward tees and he found it hard as it totally threw off his ranges.

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

1 hour ago, revkev said:

That’s a great question - I’m back in a league that I played in for 12 years. It’s an individual league. I’ve had the lowest handicap in that league a couple of times but I’m older now.  However I get to move up to the senior tees. I’ve never played the course we play on from those tees.

So here’s my three goals:

1. To have fun

2.  To walk the 9 whenever possible.  Remember this is Florida in June through October so it won’t be every week. 

3.  To finish in one of the top two flights (I have been in the A flight every year I’ve played in the past)

So my league we all play from the white (mid tees) regardless of age or hcp.

we did though the last year into this season add a long drive winner for senior vs not (starts at I think… age 65?).

I think over 70 they should be allowed forward tees and single digit hcp should move back a tee though I’m not sold on that idea.

white tees play about 5700yd on this course at a 121 slope rating.  So decently hard.

I’ve only been in this league for this is I think my third year.  It’s honestly been the best for my development as a player just playing this much.

unfortunately being in the Midwest we can’t play for probably 4-6 months of the year haha so that kinda sucks.

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

15 minutes ago, skraeling said:

There was a good video of one of the good good guys trying to play from the forward tees and he found it hard as it totally threw off his ranges.

Two years ago I played from our Blue tees at 6100y, but occasionally moved up to the senior White tees.  I shot the same scores as I did from the Blue tees.  Last year on my 75th birthday I permanently moved up to the senior tees and now my scores have dropped considerably where I can occasionally shoot my age.  That’s a lot more fun!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

No league this year for me, but I do intend to play in a few tournaments starting the fall. 

Things should be a little more settled at home with the new baby and hopefully for us into a bit more of a routine!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

My goals are to have fun, try to improve, and personally, to win the men's senior championship ( if I can pull it off in September, that would be 3 in a row).  Ours is individual play, with 75+ playing from forward tees and the rest of us from the regular tees.  We even have three or four guys in their late 80s early 90s who still play, and we have special tees for them on 3 holes.

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

The first goal is having fun but the challenging part for me is I am the "Tournament Manager" for our 90-member league of mostly retirees. Some members are as clueless as they come and as soon as I get to the course I am surrounded by people asking questions about where, when, who, handicap, rules.... 15 - 20 minutes to warm up a bit is impossible. I could go on about this, but it will turn into a rant. 🙃 But one last word on the subject. Be kind to the members of your league who run things. It's a lot of work.

The next goal for this year is to win our 4 Ball Championship again, and then drop 2 strokes off the handicap. It will be all about the short game. 

Last year, I finished 1 stroke behind the men's senior Champion. I would like to go for that this year. I want to qualify again this year for the men's  interclub B team and the men's senior as well. And I would like to be a single digit for the first time in my life. (lowest was 10.1)

I already made my first ever hole in one this year, so that box is ✅

Playing one length clubs in Canada 

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed, 9°  (soon to be replace by :titleist-small: TSR2 thanks to 2023 MyGolfSpy PGA Championship Pool Sponsored by Titleist TSR Woods)
3 Wood - :cobra-small:LTDx, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:LTDx, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Hybrid - , :cobra-small:19° Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S
Irons - :cobra-small:Speedzone One length 5-GW, 
Wedges - :cobra-small:King One 56° & 60°, 
Putter -   :mizuno-small:Mcraft II
Ball -   :vice:pro

Bag  :motocaddy:Pro series

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I haven’t played the course in over three years and very rarely the last seven - it’s our local muni so since joining Bayou I drifted away from it. It’s a really good muni though. 

@skraeling, I’m 66 and would have no trouble playing from 5,700 particularly in the Midwest. I lived in Indiana and Wisconsin for nearly 20 years - and loved it. I was in Indiana last week. I was stunned at how much farther I hit the ball off the tee there than here - that wonderful clay soil. Plus you can hit it a tad fat and get away with it. I played from 6100 and could have moved back a set of tees. Here, in the summer especially, not so much. You learn your driver carry distance pretty quickly in July in Florida. The at sea level one. 😞 

This thread has me very excited for league to start - thanks and good luck everyone. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Goal for this season is to shoot one round under par which would be a 34. Haven’t done that in a long time. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

My goal is to get the league to finish in less than three hours so I can keep the rest of my hair!!

Witb= Rogue max LS driver

3wood 5 wood and 7 wood all first gen stealth. 
22 degree pxg hybrid 25 degree pxg hybrid  

6-pw Srixon zx5 mkII irons  traded in pxg 0211 from 4 years ago  

50-54-58 edel wedges with moveable weights  

labgolf putter with upgraded shaft  

thats 15 clubs  needless to say not all come to the course with me  

22 minutes ago, revkev said:

I haven’t played the course in over three years and very rarely the last seven - it’s our local muni so since joining Bayou I drifted away from it. It’s a really good muni though. 

@skraeling, I’m 66 and would have no trouble playing from 5,700 particularly in the Midwest. I lived in Indiana and Wisconsin for nearly 20 years - and loved it. I was in Indiana last week. I was stunned at how much farther I hit the ball off the tee there than here - that wonderful clay soil. Plus you can hit it a tad fat and get away with it. I played from 6100 and could have moved back a set of tees. Here, in the summer especially, not so much. You learn your driver carry distance pretty quickly in July in Florida. The at sea level one. 😞 

This thread has me very excited for league to start - thanks and good luck everyone. 

My dads 66 and hes played far longer than I have so he used to beat the pants off me all the time, though the tables have turned and I can beat him pretty often now.  Granted the mother unit did inform me his knee is bothering him so Im not doing victory laps.

If I misshit it he will 100% outdrive me.  Also his short game and putting are just *chefs kiss* more often than not.

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

I set a bunch of goals for this season including three rounds in the 70s, a bogey-free round, a round with 4+ birdies, etc. 

big goal is to win the Cup, but that’s more of a match to match thing and my only constant goal is to hit the next shot well. 

r7 Superquad

r540 XD 3w

Titleist 909 F2 5w

Sub70 659CB 4-P

rac A, S, L

Odyssey white hot two-ball

My goals for league are simple: play well and expand my friendships. On the former, I'm very competitive so it doesn't matter whether I'm playing alone, golfing with my wife or with the guys, I'm always trying to beat my lowest score on the course. On the latter, I'm relatively new to both Florida and this course. Our leagues and other competitive events are very large - think shy of 100 players. So I look forward to expanding my golfing friendships/groups. That was my goal last year as well when I joined and as a result I got invited to play in 3 other non league groups - one of which has about 36 guys. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I play on our club's Men's Charleston Area Interclub League.  We play against ten other courses/clubs on the first Monday of each month.  We play a modified stableford scoring system.  We have ten players each match and throw out the two worst scores.  Total best score +/-.  Think we are in 8th place this year, but we are having fun.  We have a hard time getting ten players each month.  We won the league championship two years ago.  My goal is to have fun and do the best I can.  This is my first match next month for 2023, have been in PT since the first of the year and trying to find my game.   Hakuna matata.      

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I really want this year to be the year where I can get a lot better and play more competitively. We have a Men's League here and I will be playing in that a couple of times a month. Here in Snowflake, there is a big 4-man scramble tournament that I will be playing in as well. So, big year hoping to really see a lot of low scores for myself and that handicap drop.

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

Now that I can actually put up a good fight in my local gross strokes tournaments, I would like to try to get in on some of the prize money. Typically the top 5-7 win more than the entry fee, and the top 8-12 break even.

In a recent 2 day match I didn't win any money, but I almost won a truck twice. It was a HIO competition on a par 3, and on day 1 my tee shot landed and then rolled 10 ft past missing by probably half a foot. Day 2 tee shot was 10 ft short but nearly perfectly straight in line.

Edited by ArizonaLogan

PXGLogo.jpg.0c92800daa172651d766b6819f37e9f9.jpg: 0311 Gen5 - Driver

:adams-small:: Tight Lies - 3W

I need an 18°-19° club.

url(1).jpg.d0326cc5029d710568433f5df6fe1efc.jpg: TS4 - 4-PW

url(1).jpg.d0326cc5029d710568433f5df6fe1efc.jpg: TSW - 50°, 54°,58°

:odyssey-small:: Toulon Design Austin - Putter

I am in a weekly league that plays a par 3 course, so my goal is to break 30 this year. I have shot 30/31 multiple times over the past couple of years but never 29 or under!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB:

Takkomo.png.2fd3ccfadfdb71195da27b04616ac6c5.png Takomo IGNIS Driver 10.5* (1* strong) with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 5.5 shaft

Takkomo.png.2fd3ccfadfdb71195da27b04616ac6c5.png Takomo IGNIS 5 Wood with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 5.5 shaft

Untitled2.png.80d892461ed08eaa7fe955b28995d7e9.png Ping G430 22* Hybrid with HZRDUS Smoke Red 80g 6.0 shaft

Untitled.png.5ecdabcbb4b233d7651619da934c3a6a.png Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-PW with KBS Tour Light R shafts

Edison.png.1b14460d57753ae667327c0f7d3399a9.png Edison 2.0 Wedges 51° 55° 59° with KBS Tour 110 R shafts

image.png.a072db0e36674771c57e6581a9a7be30.png L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 MAX with LAB x Accra shaft

I play on two teams, one of which I also captain.  On Monday evenings, the team that I captain plays in a 14-team, 2-division recreational league that plays 9-hole matches (6 players per team each week). This team is currently in a 3-way tie for 2nd place in our division after 8 weeks of play. Midweek (matches on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays), I play in the New Jersey Senior Golf League, which has 28 teams, and plays 18-hole matches with 10 players per side every week. After 8 weeks of play, this team is in 3rd place out of 28 teams, only two points behind the first place team, but also only one point ahead of the teams in 4th and 5th place. I have played for this team for 8 full and one partial season and we have won three state titles and finished second three additional times over this period.

My goals are:

1. win league championships in both leagues,
  2. finish as close as possible to player of the year in the statewide NJ Senior League (I have finished top five three times, including two second-place finishes and missed getting rookie of the year by less than a full point 8 years ago),
  3. have a better individual matchplay record in both leagues than I had last year (this shouldn’t be very difficult in the NJSGL, but it’s looking doubtful in my recreational league).

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

My goal every time I play is to

a) break 80,

b) break 40 if not a),

c) eagle a hole

Not that any are common, 12, 27 & 2 respectively in 2022 - but I am ahead of schedule on c) this year.

I always enjoy playing no matter how I play. If not playing well, I am enjoying being outdoors with my golf buds. What's not to like.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)