Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Matt's Myrtle Beach Golf Journal

• SPY VIP

I see your point though on not wanting to get to the point of shaking trees. You paid for the package, and you are not the first customers to do so. This kind of stuff should be ironed out already, without a phone call required.

However, I believe John's assessment too though that one call of "grease" could gone a long way...

You still played a ton more golf than me last week... :)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see your point though on not wanting to get to the point of shaking trees. You paid for the package, and you are not the first customers to do so. This kind of stuff should be ironed out already, without a phone call required.

However, I believe John's assessment too though that one call of "grease" could gone a long way...

You still played a ton more golf than me last week... :)

Shaking trees? Never heard that one before.

Yes, I played more golf than most people last week, and I'm pretty pleased with that. Played more golf than I will play in the next 3 weeks combined...not pleased with that.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Thanks John. I've heard nothing but good things about Brian, and based simply on the price of the package he put together, I have positive feelings about my dealings with him. It's good to hear that he addresses all these issues quickly and effectively, though I don't know that any one of these things would have merited a phone call. As I said, they were small things, $5 for a bag of range balls, things like that, but it just impacts the overall impression of the place.

If we do go back, I'll definitely be in touch with you first.

Well, my trip is June 23rd through the 27th, come back and I will work you a spot into my trip.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

Which courses are you playing? Not sure I can afford another trip so soon, but I'd sure like to go.

Get it done. Spirit Air (?) has cheap flights. Not from CA mind you, but Chi may not be too bad.

And you will have John as your MB sherpa.

Bring your dollar bills :ph34r:

Volvo Intorqueo

Not at all, actually the last round was one of the best. I had a tough time writing that last post because I wanted to stress two things equally:

1 - It was a great, great trip. We played some really fun courses, and I love spending time with my dad.

2 - There are some things that could have been better. I wanted to write about them because reviews that say "Everything was rainbows and puppy dogs" aren't helpful, IMO. I'm not trying to turn people away from going to Myrtle, just letting them know that, IMO, they really should be very clear about what they're getting and how they're going to get it. In retrospect, as John pointed out, perhaps I should have "spoken with my packager" as I was frequently told to do. That might have solved all my problems.

Good to know. I agree about the part with the puppies and rainbows, I want to know what to expect.

Get it done. Spirit Air (?) has cheap flights. Not from CA mind you, but Chi may not be too bad.

And you will have John as your MB sherpa.

Bring your dollar bills :ph34r:

I don't think my wife, or my dog, would be happy to see me leaving again, especially not with a wad of singles.

Which courses are you playing? Not sure I can afford another trip so soon, but I'd sure like to go.

We are playing all 4 of the Ocean Ridge Plantation Courses, the Big Cats, Panther's Run, Lion's Paw, Tiger's Eye and Leopard's Chase. 318.00 per person, 4 round and 4 nights.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

We are playing all 4 of the Ocean Ridge Plantation Courses, the Big Cats, Panther's Run, Lion's Paw, Tiger's Eye and Leopard's Chase. 318.00 per person, 4 round and 4 nights.

Just pulled up the site - looks like a beautiful place. Is that a return trip, or are you trying something new? 318 sounds like a real bargain, do you have a big group going?

Just pulled up the site - looks like a beautiful place. Is that a return trip, or are you trying something new? 318 sounds like a real bargain, do you have a big group going?

This is a first time trip for us, our group is 16-20 people, welcome to come, you and your dad.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

The big one was about...15 yards from the green. We saw a baby gator on another course about 20 yards from the green, but he scurried into the water when we walked towards him. The gator in the water on the par 3 was probably about 15 yards away too.

Speaking of animals on the golf course, I had an iguana eat my ball one time in Costa Rica. It would have been very hard to play it as it lies.

I never thought of iguanas as being that big.

I wonder how far I could carry an iguana with a 7I.

• SPY VIP

I never thought of iguanas as being that big.

I wonder how far I could carry an iguana with a 7I.

Science moment.

Iguanas frequently grow large enough that the whip of their tail is powerful enough to break the bones in the leg of a dog or other small animals.

Thank you

Carry on

Volvo Intorqueo

Science moment.

Iguanas frequently grow large enough that the whip of their tail is powerful enough to break the bones in the leg of a dog or other small animals.

Thank you

Carry on

So how far can they hit a golf ball with their tail?

• SPY VIP

So how far can they hit a golf ball with their tail?

Not far, the ridges are actually firm and a little sharp

while I doubt that they have sufficient force to cut the ball in half, they could cut it and the damage would restrict the aerodynamics and resulting flight distance

I can probably find you a formula if you want...

Volvo Intorqueo

Not far, the ridges are actually firm and a little sharp

while I doubt that they have sufficient force to cut the ball in half, they could cut it and the damage would restrict the aerodynamics and resulting flight distance

I can probably find you a formula if you want...

I don't want the formula, just the answer, thank you.

Very true!

Man I am so ready to hit Myrtle Beach, just read one of the latest Gentlemen's Club reviews from this past weekend from a group trip down there. Some serious fun! O yes, and I want to play golf too!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Archived