Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titleist T Series Now on Tour

Golfspy_CG2

1 minute ago, Tsecor said:

lol...yea but according to most marketing and testing, the ball can be a very big part of scoring improvements......definitely more than a $1500 set of irons

haha..yeah, I suppose if you're spending 1500 on irons a 50 dollar box of balls is pretty much expected. lol. 

they sure do look nice though. 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

7 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

There are lots of golfers that Ike you are long time users of a brand and don’t pay much attention to looks. They buy the brand. They also tend not to get fit and buy off the shelf. They buy whatever flex shaft they always played or will go to a softer flex because they are older or are swinging slower. When I play these are the type of people in my regular group as well as the ransoms I get paired with

Those same golfers don’t buy new releases and tend to upgrade drivers in the 5 year mark and irons in similar timeframe if not a bit longer. So they will more than likely see improvement if trying this release. 

my last set of irons was the 712 CB from Titleist.....loved those irons for years and still have them.....I still play the 910 D3 driver because in everything ive tested, i still hit this within 3 yards of all the new releases that cost $600.   

I play a combo set of t100-S and T200 and they are great even though the T200 is a totally different club and to me, not really a good blend with T100....its hard to control distance with the T200 and has made the iron gap almost hard to control. I dont know if my T200 5 iron is going 180 or 195 and the 5 Iron T100-S is 175. its a strange blend to me.  If i make a change, ill just  go with all T150's or T200's

I almost moved to TM but in testing i hit fliers all over the map with their 770's

2 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

haha..yeah, I suppose if you're spending 1500 on irons a 50 dollar box of balls is pretty much expected. lol. 

they sure do look nice though. 

they are beautiful which supports my points above how average golfers may buy based on looks and not MOI or Turf interaction improvements

Edited by Tsecor

Golf is cool

6 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

they are beautiful which supports my points above how average golfers may buy based on looks and not MOI or Turf interaction improvements

not going to argue with you there. a lot of golfers buy based on looks alone. 

this sold out almost instantaneously - maybe because it looked cool? An all black 17 degree driving iron might not be the best fit for those that paid for it.

but I digress... don't mean to steer the conversation in a different direction and I think you make some fair points.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

10 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

not going to argue with you there. a lot of golfers buy based on looks alone. 

this sold out almost instantaneously - maybe because it looked cool? An all black 17 degree driving iron might not be the best fit for those that paid for it.

but I digress... don't mean to steer the conversation in a different direction and I think you make some fair points.

yup.....some people buy cars for the same reason.....buy designer bags to show off the name......its pretty normal but for golf it makes no sense when you want to get better. 

This came from GOLF.com

"Unlike the T100S (and as the numbered naming suggests), this is a true blend of the previous T100 and the T200 for golfers that want additional forgiveness and ball speed in a compact shape but also wanted something a little more confidence-inspiring at address than the current T100S." - golf.com

Golf is cool

With all of the other companies coming out with great products, titleist who only changes every 2 or so years had to change. Now I've been looking for an iron upgrade from my 714 AP2s but not sure I'll stay with them. I like the new T-Series but not in love....Yet

Titleist Tsi3 10.5 Driver

Titliest Ts2 3 Wood

Titliest 714 Ap2 Projectx 6.0

Very clean look. I love what they did with the 200’s. I could see a 200/150 Combo in my bag next fall.

TSR2  9* Ventus Velocore Blue 6S

TRS2 15* Ventus Velocore Red 7S

TS 21* Diamana BF 80S

TSI 23* Ventus HB 8S

Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 PX 6.0

Vokey SM6 Raw 48F/SM8 50F/56M/60M

SC X Fantom 5

Vessel Player 14 2.0

Anyone else just really like how Titleist does the tour seeding? Seems to me at least it helps build hype, we see more and hear more about them without all the leaks and can get more early insights prior to being available.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

13 hours ago, importcomps said:

With all of the other companies coming out with great products, titleist who only changes every 2 or so years had to change. Now I've been looking for an iron upgrade from my 714 AP2s but not sure I'll stay with them. I like the new T-Series but not in love....Yet

its essentially the same club as the AP2. im not sure you improve scoring with an updated AP2 but gain in the aesthetics department

Golf is cool

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Anyone else just really like how Titleist does the tour seeding? Seems to me at least it helps build hype, we see more and hear more about them without all the leaks and can get more early insights prior to being available.

I love the way Titleist "seeds" their iron releases.  im sure a huge percentage of amateur golfers base their purchases off what the pros do whether they admit it or not.......you now how many Stealth Driver i see on the course? TONS......some of my friends will say "This is Rory's driver" or something like that.....this is marketing at its finest.....all the testing has already been done, all the pros have given thier input, the clubs finalized.....this is pure marketing. 

Golf is cool

3 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

its essentially the same club as the AP2. im not sure you improve scoring with an updated AP2 but gain in the aesthetics department

Really going to continue to tow this line eh? 

714 being 10 years old I would be surprised if there was no gains, not to mention isn't giving Titleist a lot of credit for the world and r&d that they do on their products.

Kinda begs the question why you bothered to update your irons to the t100 series and didn't stay with ap2s?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

These look cool. Does anyone know if they are also bringing out a new CB/MB line? It's been almost 4 years since the last ones.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

6 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

These look cool. Does anyone know if they are also bringing out a new CB/MB line? It's been almost 4 years since the last ones.

Tony mentions them in his article, but seems like they will truly be a small looks update with little else. Forget all the specifics, but he does mention them.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Really going to continue to tow this line eh? 

714 being 10 years old I would be surprised if there was no gains, not to mention isn't giving Titleist a lot of credit for the world and r&d that they do on their products.

Kinda begs the question why you bothered to update your irons to the t100 series and didn't stay with ap2s?

Are you saying the T100 isnt an updated AP2?  and I didnt have AP2's, i came from the 712 CB. 

And yes, I "upgraded" because you would think after 10-11 years a big leap in performance could / would be seen......hate to burst the bubble, but with 8 years of R&D and innovation, you only get so much out of CB and its minor with these type of clubs....lets say you can add 2-3 yards with the tech they add and tungsten weighting and moving CG or slightly improving MOI......in the engineering world, thats huge....we all get that......BUT that doesnt translate to barely anything on the course for the average golfer.  As we already established many golfers like the new shiny item with updated aesthetics. 

its not like you take an AP2, add some tungsten, change the looks and all of a sudden you have a super hot TM770 and gain 20 yards of distance throughout the set.  Titleist's current marketing is "farther".........farther than what? the last version of the T100? if its 3 feet, they can make this claim.....they will talk about "forgiveness" which means what in a T100? the ball will only fly 10 yards shorter on an off center hit vs 9?  

Kinda begs the question why this upsets you so much.....i thought MGS was immune from "marketing" and relies solely on real life, real world testing......

Edited by Tsecor

Golf is cool

1 minute ago, Tsecor said:

Kinda begs the question why this upsets you so much.....i thought MGS was immune from "marketing" and relies solely on real life, real world testing......

Not upsetting at all. 

I honestly couldn't tell you the marketing stories or lines of anyone but maybe TaylorMade because they use funny words like fargaveness.

Simply put I don't believe you are giving them enough credit making advancements year cycle of cycle and in their R&D. 

Again look at the ping i lineup and see how much improvement they made cycle over cycle, from feel, forgiveness and more. I expect the same with Titleist in these. 

Or maybe I am just an optimist? 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I play 2021 T200 and hate the sound of missed shots, but the performance, feel and distance is better than my former clubs.  I am intrigued about the new T150 and T200 lineup.

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not upsetting at all. 

I honestly couldn't tell you the marketing stories or lines of anyone but maybe TaylorMade because they use funny words like fargaveness.

Simply put I don't believe you are giving them enough credit making advancements year cycle of cycle and in their R&D. 

Again look at the ping i lineup and see how much improvement they made cycle over cycle, from feel, forgiveness and more. I expect the same with Titleist in these. 

Or maybe I am just an optimist? 

I have been a titleist guy since I started playing golf at age 13. i tried TM clubs years ago and hated them. Ive only played titleist because im totally on board with their quality, looks, performance and everything else....I own 710 MB, 712 CB and T100-S (2021).  I play the 910 D3 Driver still and still hit it within 5 yards of the new TSr3 ive tested head to head. You mean to tell me the TSR3 jump in Tech or innovation shouldnt be larger since the 910 D3? Maybe im a pessimist, im not sure. Im just saying the jump in engineering year to year is considered large in the engineering world but real world  performance gains are basically 0. is gaining 12 feet or 4 yards of driver distance in 10 years considered great to you?  not me. Not worth the $600 driver price tag unless once again...i love the looks and want something new and shiny....like a gucci bag so everyone can see it.....idk, maybe i need a snickers bar or something because im a titleist lover but this release makes no sense to me. I get the issues with blending T100-S and T200 so that was a big miss and an issue for Titleist along with the plastic back of that club so IMO that club needed an overhaul.....the rest was not needed. 

Golf is cool

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

we know all the brands have clubs on tour before their release and we see the on course pics from various people showing witb and snippet articles from places like golf.com about the new gear. Titleist from a marketing standpoint do it the best. Anyone paying attention knows the release cycle for brands so the anticipation is always there. With titleist you know around the US Open they are going to introduce their new lineup on tour and tease it. It draws the excitement for the release and many look to see how the tour players perform with it and who puts what in the bag and if it stays, especially for someone like Spieth who doesn’t change often.

8 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

is gaining 12 feet or 4 yards of driver distance in 10 years considered great to you?  not me. Not worth the $600 driver price tag

Considering DJ looks to gain 3 yards or 9 feet from a new release 4 yards is definitely something to look at. I know you are going to say he gets it for free, but the point of it is, when the best in the world are happy getting 3 extra yards a 4 yard improvement is significant.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

57 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

It’s a lot more than an updated ap2. It’s a huge improvement over them in terms of design and spin. It’s a club Spieth put in the bag right away. He doesn’t change just to change. Titleist also said that the t100 and 100-s gives them what they wanted the ap2 to be so it’s by far an improvement over the ap2.

No club improves ones scoring because the golfer still needs to execute each chit that’s in front of them in order to score lower. When they do they improve their chances and when they don’t they hurt their chances. It’s when a golfer is in a club or set of clubs that is a poor fit for them that they could see an improvement in score.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

51 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Tony mentions them in his article, but seems like they will truly be a small looks update with little else. Forget all the specifics, but he does mention them.

That's not surprising, I imagine they are reaching the limit in the improvements that can be made in those clubs. And it's probably such a small portion of the golfing community that attempt to play them they're not going to put as much emphasis on that line.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I think the T series is a great line of clubs that allows blended sets. Titleist has seemed to hit the sweet spot on that and embraced the trend.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I have the first generation T200’s and still love them but wow these look stunning. Damn you Titleist. 

Titleist TSR2 w/Graphite Design Tour AD DI-5

Titleist 915 3W

TaylorMade M2 3 Hybrid

TaylorMade M4 4 Hybrid

Titliest T200 w/Nippon Modus 3 Tour 5i-GW

Titlsiest Volkey Wedges 54, 58

Evnroll ER2b Putter

These irons look stunning I like the t100’s last year but these look better hopefully they play better

:PXG: 0811x Proto driver 10.5*

:ping-small: G25 5 wood
:taylormade-small: M3 rescue 3 hybrid 

:ping-small: G25 4-P irons

Vega rafw-01 52* gap wedge

:taylormade-small: MG3 raw 60 & 56

:Miura: Km-006 1957 series putter 33”

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

... Let me just add my experience talking with many OEMs at the pga show but specifically Titleist in this instance. First and foremost Titleist does not expect any of their customers to update their clubs every cycle, especially their irons. As they told me they are looking to get and keep customers for life, not a product cycle. Considering the original AP2's (which would be similar to the T100 cycle) They first update of the AP2's Titleist said only the best players in the world will tell any difference as they basically improved turf interaction and a few very minor internal teaks. The 3rd generation may or may not produce some improved performance for players but they expected most again, will not find a performance increase that would justify moving to the new model. By the next upgrade they finally felt most every golfer could benefit from moving to the new irons with all the improvements combined BUT if they were happy with the performance of their original AP2's, just stick with them. Some other major OEMs do not share this philosophy. 

... This is also one of the reasons Titleist staggers their club releases. Hopefully those needing new irons are upgrading say every 5-7 years so hopefully if they are upgrading drivers every 3-5 years, Titeist always has something to offer those with older clubs and looking for new clubs. And it is always a good reminder to jaded forum members that every single year, golfers are looking for new irons. Whether they bought their current irons 15, 10 or just 5 years ago and every year in-between, they are looking to buy new irons THIS year so these new Titleist irons put them in the ballgame. Since most of the golf stores only have irons from this year, a few from last year but certainly not 2 years ago, OEMs need to keep up. 

... What I found very informative as an American that ignorantly assumes the rest of the world revolves around us 🤪  all OEMs have to sell worldwide. The Asian market in particular demands new equipment every year and are more golf crazy than the US, they buy new clubs and not previous years. The Golf publications Best/Gold awards are a HUGE factor for the golf stores because like it or not, their customers pay attention to those awards. They rarely include previous years models and never models 2 years old so if OEMs don't offer anything *new* they aren't included in the Awards and may stores and chains will only stock the award winners. Tour Edge/Exotics admitted to me they have clubs in the pipeline for 5 years in advance and many of them are cosmetic to slight tweaks just to be included in the awards, especially in other countries were they do well. That was an eye opener for me. 

... Lastly forum members complaining about new clubs is nothing new 🙄  but those players don't exist in the real world outside of golf forums where most are amazingly ignorant about equipment. Furthermore I have run across tons of average golfers that love Titleist irons, although most are using the most forgiving SGI model. My 80yr old playing pard just upgraded his 8 yr old Pings to new T300's after I sent him to a fitting. Personally I applaud Titleist for continuing to fine tune performance and aesthetics. I love the look of these new T200's and found the previous version too balky. But in the end, all that matters to me is how they look at address, the quality of construction (plastic is a deal breaker) and performance. If golfers are in the market for new irons this year, and remember most pay no attention to new models until they are ready to buy, these new Titleist irons are the only Titleists they will be looking at and certainly not comparing them to previous models. I am not in the market for new irons but if I were, I think this entire new line looks great and they would be on a short list to demo. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s a lot more than an updated ap2. It’s a huge improvement over them in terms of design and spin. It’s a club Spieth put in the bag right away. He doesn’t change just to change. Titleist also said that the t100 and 100-s gives them what they wanted the ap2 to be so it’s by far an improvement over the ap2.

No club improves ones scoring because the golfer still needs to execute each chit that’s in front of them in order to score lower. When they do they improve their chances and when they don’t they hurt their chances. It’s when a golfer is in a club or set of clubs that is a poor fit for them that they could see an improvement in score.

Its more than an updated AP2, i agree I will call it a progression if you will. They (Spieth and Titleist) actually referred to it as a rebadged Ap2 with less offset and thinner topline. this was confirmed by Spieth in 2019 prior to the Open championship when he switched clubs. He recommended some changes to the AP2 and they came back with the T100.  "improvement" is a generic term however....Spieth got what he asked for and its based on Aesthetics....he wanted less offset....thinner top line...it fits his eye better. Thats an "improvement" .....that was the basis of his recommendation.... he also wanted a slight sole change for turf interaction but looks the big thing for him. Titleist performs so that is just an automatic.  im sure they are more "forgiving"

a fun fact

Speiths game has been worst since moving from AP2. 

2013 -2017 - 11 wins with the AP2

2020- 2022 since his switch to T100 - 2 wins no majors

Edited by Tsecor

Golf is cool

4 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

I think the T series is a great line of clubs that allows blended sets. Titleist has seemed to hit the sweet spot on that and embraced the trend.

i think Titleist missed the blending sweet spot with the T100-s and T200...which is why these two clubs are updated...to make the blending much better between the two clubs...which were truly much different than one another.......presumably the T150 will blend better with the new T200

Golf is cool

2 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

Spieth got what he asked for and its based on Aesthetics....he wanted less offset....thinner top line...it fits his eye better.

... Aesthetics at address is huge for most lower index players. If there is something that doesn't suit their eyes there is always that factor nagging them when swinging poorly. Although LOL, rarely when swinging well. A thinner top line or less offset or a slight difference in a squarish or rounded toe and visuals of the hosel grind can certainly be enough to change irons even with zero physical performance improvements because it puts them in a better frame of mind. It is one of the reason I always SMH at those on forums that just look at the back of an iron, not having seen the sole or at the address position and proclaim they would never play those irons because they are ugly. Best irons I have ever played are the MIM Tours and I think the cavity looks crowded and gaudy, but they look great at address, feel better than any iron I have played when hit dead center and performance is awesome. The back of the club is irrelevant if they nail everything else.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Aesthetics at address is huge for most lower index players. If there is something that doesn't suit their eyes there is always that factor nagging them when swinging poorly. Although LOL, rarely when swinging well. A thinner top line or less offset or a slight difference in a squarish or rounded toe and visuals of the hosel grind can certainly be enough to change irons even with zero physical performance improvements because it puts them in a better frame of mind. It is one of the reason I always SMH at those on forums that just look at the back of an iron, not having seen the sole or at the address position and proclaim they would never play those irons because they are ugly. Best irons I have ever played are the MIM Tours and I think the cavity looks crowded and gaudy, but they look great at address, feel better than any iron I have played when hit dead center and performance is awesome. The back of the club is irrelevant if they nail everything else.  

all this supports my postings from early on.  Others were saying i was not giving credit to R&D people and blah blah blah.....i said it many times. Aesthetics play a huge role regardless of performance. It can be the MAIN driver in buying or designing new clubs. In fact the entire thread is basically about this very point.  Totally agree with you.....the eye is HUGE for tour pros

Golf is cool

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

I watched this yesterday. I really enjoyed the videos in 2021 with Homa trying the T100 then. He’s so down to earth and like a man of the people that he just explains it like you were talking to one of your buddies at the range. 

Rogue 1W, 3W, 3H…T100s Irons…SM9 50,54…RTX 60…Knight 64…LAB Link 1 putter

On 5/30/2023 at 3:10 PM, Tsecor said:

most Titleist releases bring excitement, that's no shock...especially AFTER you have had a very successful iron like the T100. The public is excited because they think an improvement on a great iron could be awesome.....but when you test em, the "improvements" are things the average player cannot really feel and definitely there is no scoring improvements, so whats left when the average golfer cannot tell MOI or turf interaction improvements? looks.....my point was these tiny changes mean nothing to the average player...but the LOOKS of it probably mean a whole lot more. 

4 hours ago, Tsecor said:

all this supports my postings from early on.  Others were saying i was not giving credit to R&D people and blah blah blah.....i said it many times. Aesthetics play a huge role regardless of performance. It can be the MAIN driver in buying or designing new clubs. In fact the entire thread is basically about this very point.  Totally agree with you.....the eye is HUGE for tour pros

Your posting was about the average golfer. The average golfer isn’t a low index player like chisag referenced. You already stated the average golfer shoots high 96-108 completely different than a low index player.