Need new set of clubs

With the price increases and technology advancements since you last played, best bet is to go get fit.

Find a place that will allow you to try various brands of both heads and shafts to get the best one for your swing and capabilities.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

There are a lot of great options available. Getting fit is the best option but, at least try to find a place where you can hit different clubs to see what you like.

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Agreed with the others. Go get fit if you can, and if that’s not an option, find someplace where you can hit and demo different clubs to see what works best for you. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

38 minutes ago, Jack Z said:

Never been fitted.

We have a Golf Galaxy not to far away.

Maybe I'll check them out.

Thanks

Even if you aren't getting a fitting,  you need to hit clubs to see how they actually perform for you.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Jack, first off welcome to the forum. You've found the right place for opinions and advise. Welcome back to the game. While in the military I also lost track of my love of the game and found my senses many years after. As mentioned, costs have increased, dare I say sky rocketed. So set your budget, then get fitted to see what feels good. As others have mentioned you really need to hit to see what feels good. Don't be afraid look into used clubs. A number of reputable places are available.  Good luck and have fun checking stuff out.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

On 5/31/2023 at 6:57 PM, Dweed said:

Jack, first off welcome to the forum. You've found the right place for opinions and advise. Welcome back to the game. While in the military I also lost track of my love of the game and found my senses many years after. As mentioned, costs have increased, dare I say sky rocketed. So set your budget, then get fitted to see what feels good. As others have mentioned you really need to hit to see what feels good. Don't be afraid look into used clubs. A number of reputable places are available.  Good luck and have fun checking stuff out.

Thanks for the welcome.

This looks like a good place. Prices have increased, looks like I may have to increase my budget. Went to Golf Galaxy spent awhile there looking but no one helped me so I left. Maybe I will go to the golf course they have a pro shop. Friend of mine suggested renting clubs to start. Do they rent newer clubs.

46 minutes ago, Jack Z said:

Thanks for the welcome.

This looks like a good place. Prices have increased, looks like I may have to increase my budget. Went to Golf Galaxy spent awhile there looking but no one helped me so I left. Maybe I will go to the golf course they have a pro shop. Friend of mine suggested renting clubs to start. Do they rent newer clubs.

Usually some companies will do demo days at courses. A quick Google search could help. 

Not many rent newer clubs. Brands like @GolfSub70 do have a demo program though! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 2 weeks later...

I recently did some research on the best clubs for seniors with higher handicap, and decided to look at the Tour Edge Bazookas.  They fit my budget and specs looked good.  Went for a fitting, and the pro agreed that this boxed set would fit me well.  They were moderately priced, slightly shorter, and shafts have a bit more flex than my old clubs.  If my game improves significantly, I can always explore clubs more appropriate for advanced/low handicapper.  That was just my personal approach without doing extensive fitting, given my handicap and budget.

TomHarris

LTC, USA Retired 🇺🇸

Tour Edge Bazookas

54 minutes ago, TomHarris said:

I recently did some research on the best clubs for seniors with higher handicap, and decided to look at the Tour Edge Bazookas.  They fit my budget and specs looked good.  Went for a fitting, and the pro agreed that this boxed set would fit me well.  They were moderately priced, slightly shorter, and shafts have a bit more flex than my old clubs.  If my game improves significantly, I can always explore clubs more appropriate for advanced/low handicapper.  That was just my personal approach without doing extensive fitting, given my handicap and budget.

Everyone has a budget, some are just bigger than others. There is a topic here you can request to have the VETERAN added below your picture beside your post. Also some companies offer discounts to Vets if merchandise it bought through their website.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag