TESTERS WANTED! ×

Callaway Eterni Tees

RoverRick

Last week I was at the golf store, and saw these Callaway Eterni Tees. I have used plastic tees in the past and really like them. I break a wooden tee every time I use one, and while I do not break the plastic ones, I have to chase them down every time. I have some white ones and they are hard to find with all the other white tees on the teebox. But have no complaints about some orange ones I use. Anyway, I saw these at the store and thought I would give them a chance.

Here is what the official word on these say:

Callaway® Eterni-Tees™ are designed with a unique design and material making them virtually unbreakable. The large tees are 3 ¼" and feature a multi-purpose tool- a beveled tip for cleaning grooves and divot repair. The innovative "Cross Cut" top reduces spin for greater distance and accuracy.

41Lj3b4DlTL._AA300_.jpg

These are supposed to be virtually unbreakable. They sold for about $1 each which is expensive for a tee, you can get wooded tees for about a nickel, but what the heck. As long as you do not lose them you will never need another tee,

So can you find them after they are dislodged from the ground?

Yes, you can. They are availible in many vibrant colors making finding them very easy.

So how well do they work?

The flat design of the sharp end of it make it very difficult to get into the ground at an angle where the ball will stay up on top. Unlike a regular tee, you can not move them once they start into the ground.

So How long do they really last???

Do you remember the cartoon commercial of how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? Where the owl licks the Tootsie Pop three times and then bites it and says, "Three!"? Well, the Callaway Eterni Tee lasts twice. I broke four of these on the second hit. So how long to the Callaway eterni tees last? Two holes. That makes them cost fifty cents a hole, so I when I was playing for a dollar a hole, I was losing half of it on the tee shot. :D

Conclusions:

So while I love many Callaway products, and like some of their products, this is not one that I like at all. I can not say that the performance of the ball was any different because I only hit 8 drives total with them before they were broken. I still have one but I am saving that to give to someone I do not like.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Try the Martini Tees!

We sell them at my golf shop and are HONESTLY unbreakable! When the salesman made that claim I said "HA! Prove it!" I spent a half an hour trying to break them and couldn't do it!

The "cup" on the top is huge and is very easy even for old men with the shakes to put the ball on the tee.

http://www.martinigolftees.com/

Try the Martini Tees!

We sell them at my golf shop and are HONESTLY unbreakable! I spent a half an hour trying to break them and couldn't do it!

The "cup" on the top is huge and is very easy even for old men with the shakes to put the ball on the tee.

http://www.martinigolftees.com/

Just because today is my birthday is no reason to imply that I am so old that I have the shakes. :D

Just because today is my birthday is no reason to imply that I am so old that I have the shakes. :D

Happy Birthday RR

Don't fill your glass so much and you won't have wet hands coming back to the table. :lol:

I haven't bought tees in years. I usually pick up any tees I find on the fairway and use them. The excess I put in the bag to dump into old trophies at home.

Shambles

Happy BDay RR!

I've been using the same old plstic tee since last year. Simple, white with grooves/rings around it. I don't even know where I got it from.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Happy Birthday RR! The shakes come with age -- no way around it :o

Got some "Turbo Tee's" in the mail the other day -- weird looking, not sure I get the concept, but haven't broke one yet. And for some unknown reason, haven't hit a clunker for a drive with them yet.

They have the offset tees for casual play, and competition tees that are blessed by the USGA.

https://www.thegolfmen.com/

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I have bought natural wood tees forever. They are $6 for a humdred of them at Walmart and I put them on the grocery list and my wife buys them. Very easy deal. However, in February, Walmart was out of them and had been for a month. I guess their computer models tell them they do not sell a lot of these that time of year, Damned Northerns, so they were out and had been for over a month. We went to Dallas to a golf store and I was going to buy some wooden tees there, and they wanted $20 for the same stuff I can buy at Walmart for less than $10. (Provided that Walmart has it.) So I decided to try out these plastic tees which were a much better deal as far as price goes.

I meant to say something about these. Epoch.S3 by Evolve Golf claim to be the number 1 performing tee in golf.

Here is what the official word on these.

Evolve Golf 3 1/4" and 1 1/2" Epoch 50 ct Combo Pack Golf Tees

The Evolve Golf Epoch Golf Tees are the No.1 performance golf tee on the Tour. Epoch performance golf tees have accumulated 127 wins on the major Tours, including 48 PGA Tour victories. Don't Mess With The Dimple! The Epoch is the only performance tee with radius posts that span the width of a golf ball dimple. This unique feature creates the lowest coefficient of friction of any tee, eliminating deflection at impact and increasing ball speed and control off the tee.

305311_thm.jpg 305270_thm.jpg

I do not know about being number 1. I have really been driving the ball well, but I tend to think that it had more to do with the swing, the shaft, the club head in that order.

But these things really last. I have used them, actually I have used maybe only a dozen of them. I have lost some, but never broken one. I have used them almost exclusively for the last few months, keep in mind that I play every day, and I will use the same tee for maybe a couple of weeks until I loose it. My only complaint is that they are difficult to see sometimes.

I will buy these again, hopefully in day glo orange.

Gonna try these today...

photo.jpg

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Gonna try these today...

photo.jpg

WTF are those. They look like something inspired by looking at crop circles. It will take you 15 minutes to figure out which one to use based on the fairway shape. I guess the only advice I could give on those is that the sharp end goes into the ground, I think.:P

I think when they're laid out like this it spells "sucker" in Mayan... :lol:

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I use Zero Friction tees for the driver and broken tees I find on the teebox for everything else. I bought 200 Zero Frictions for $15 on eBay in lime green and they'll last me 8 or 10 years I surmise. They never break (I broke one ever playing in 33 degree temps and it got hard from the cold). They come in tons of colors and they're easy to find. I've given a few away and lost one (steep slope off the back of the tee and I wasn't climbing down to get it after it flew up out of the ground and went backward). If it weren't for that, I'd still likely have 199 of them. As it stands I probably have 175 left. You can buy smaller quantities on there but I figured I've blown $15 on worse things.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I've found that a tee length of 2 1/8 works best of all for me. That sounds short but off the tee, I only push it into the ground enough to stabilize it and that is plenty high for a driver. Since it offers little resistance when hit, it never breaks (plastic). Longer wooden tees always break simply because I have to stick them farther into the ground. I have 20 or 30 of these shorter plastic tees, and I doubt that I'll ever use all of them. I put four in my pocket when I start a round, and still have all of them when I finish.

• 2 months later...

I just came across this post Rover and have a little insight on the Callaway tees.

These were developed back in 2007 and I was on the design team for the tees. I worked for a golf company as a product manager which was a distributor for Callaway accessories and we had the opportunity to come up with new product for Callaway, one of the ideas were these tees. We went through several designs and materials with our manufacturer and no mater what we came up with they always eventually broke. The name Eterni-Tee and the cross cut design was basically a marketing pitch just like everything else in the market and Callaway liked it all so it all stuck. The competition at the time was epoch and zero friction tees so we had to go along with their design ideas and yet be different. We knew the tees would eventually break but they lasted longer than wood tees. As for the price, you're paying for the Callaway name molded into the tee, otherwise these tees would be a couple $$ cheaper.

I have so many of these tees yet I don't use them. I found the best use for these tees are divot repair tools, not for teeing off.

I wouldn't recommend these tees to anyone that is serious about golf but it excites me to see these tees out there because I know I played a part in their creation.

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

I just came across this post Rover and have a little insight on the Callaway tees.

These were developed back in 2007 and I was on the design team for the tees. I worked for a golf company as a product manager which was a distributor for Callaway accessories and we had the opportunity to come up with new product for Callaway, one of the ideas were these tees. We went through several designs and materials with our manufacturer and no mater what we came up with they always eventually broke. The name Eterni-Tee and the cross cut design was basically a marketing pitch just like everything else in the market and Callaway liked it all so it all stuck. The competition at the time was epoch and zero friction tees so we had to go along with their design ideas and yet be different. We knew the tees would eventually break but they lasted longer than wood tees. As for the price, you're paying for the Callaway name molded into the tee, otherwise these tees would be a couple $$ cheaper.

I have so many of these tees yet I don't use them. I found the best use for these tees are divot repair tools, not for teeing off.

I wouldn't recommend these tees to anyone that is serious about golf but it excites me to see these tees out there because I know I played a part in their creation.

I like trying terrible golf products (MEDICUS!). I'm gonna have to look for these and see how they work. Callaway makes a great product most of the time, so I'll keep an open mind.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Archived