Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Edel Putters

Zippybrown

I had the opportunity to speak with the Tour Rep for Edel at the Phoenix Open, this year. Very nice guy, very well-informed and is super fired up on the Aimpoint system. It is a fairly simple system, once you understand it. The numbers are just facts, not any interpretation.

He mentioned that Dave's new shop is out of Austin and well-worth the time to stop in and introduce yourself.

When you go.......we expect pictures, LOL.

BTW, I believe that Edel putters sort of set the standard for finish of a incredibly crafted flatstick. If you have ever held one in your hands, you know what I mean. His putters have been what I aim for, ever since my first opportunity to work on one.

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

• SPY VIP

I had the opportunity to speak with the Tour Rep for Edel at the Phoenix Open, this year. Very nice guy, very well-informed and is super fired up on the Aimpoint system. It is a fairly simple system, once you understand it. The numbers are just facts, not any interpretation.

He mentioned that Dave's new shop is out of Austin and well-worth the time to stop in and introduce yourself.

When you go.......we expect pictures, LOL.

BTW, I believe that Edel putters sort of set the standard for finish of a incredibly crafted flatstick. If you have ever held one in your hands, you know what I mean. His putters have been what I aim for, ever since my first opportunity to work on one.

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

Hi LaMont

Taking your shop out of the equation, do you feel that the Edel's slightly elevated price point above the other custom putter makers is justified? I am reading that the fitting process and the end product are well worth the cost, but I am just reading and I have not putted with one or been fitted for one.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Hi LaMont

Taking your shop out of the equation, do you feel that the Edel's slightly elevated price point above the other custom putter makers is justified? I am reading that the fitting process and the end product are well worth the cost, but I am just reading and I have not putted with one or been fitted for one.

This is not addressed at me, but i have been fit by Dave before, and it makes a huge difference. His system allowes the fitter to put hundreds of head and hosel combos together to fit the way a golfer looks at the line. I was instantly able to aim the putter exzctly where I wanted to. The man knows his stuff. I can't say enough. If I had only had the funds to buy one....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Hi LaMont

I think that if you find a style of his putters that fits your eyes, from the get-go, it is worth the added money. In a market of small putter makers who try very hard to create exactly what the customer sees in his or her mind's eye, I think that initial look is very key.

I don't know if I said it in my first post, but after having one of David's putters in my hands, I now have a new vision of what is "quality" and I strive to get there with every putter I create, be it for Sunset Beach or one of my MannKrafted Customs.

If you have the opportunity to put an Edel in your stable, I'd do it. You would be very hard pressed to find a finer putting instrument.

It all comes down to, IMHO, finding what your eyes like and learning that you are really seeing what you think you are.

Hope this helps,

LaMont in AZ

MannKrafted GolfWorks

Sunset Beach's Custom Garage Guy, :)

Archived