Side Games to Play During a Round?

I was talking to a buddy last time we played a round and we were talking about side games (other than a typical I bet I can drive this further on a par 5 or closest to the flag on a par 3).  Got me thinking about fun games that might be out there that we just dont know.  There are 2 games that I have played before but would like to know if anyone else ever plays side games during a round with friends.  I will explain the 2 I know.

Left, Right, Center

Essentially the title speaks for itself.  Everyone tees off and if 3 people hit to the right, they are now on a team against the 1 that hit either center or left.  If 2 hit to right and 2 hit center then it is now a 2 v 2.  Low individual score wins the hole for their respective team.  Everyone continues to keep their own score and you just put a separate point for the members of the team that won the hole. This continues on throughout the round for every hole.  We are not that great so we play Left rough, fairway is considered center, and right rough.  You could play left 5 yards of fairway, center fairway, right 5 yards of fairway for those of you who never hit less than 300 yard straight bombs (eye roll).  The person with the most points in the end wins.

Wolf

This game is where each player takes a turn as the "Wolf."  The Wolf is the last player to tee off, every other player will follow the normal tee off practices, but the wolf can choose 1 player to partner with after the drive.  The Wolf has to chose the player after their drive (before the next person tees off).  After the Wolf select a partner after their drive then it is a 2v2 low score wins format.  Scores are kept individually and a separate point is added to the winning team.  In the end the person with the most points wins.

Of course with both games a pot can be collected before the round begins and winner take the pot.  In case of tiebreakers we usually got to the chipping or putting green to break the tie.

Let me know what everyone else does to keep things interesting during a round.

Driver - Cobra Radspeed XB

3W - Cobra Radspeed

7W - Taylormade Stealth

3Hy - Ping G425

Irons - Ping G425

Wedges - 56 Cleveland CG14, 60 Cleveland CBX

Putter - Ping Sigma2 Fetch

14 hours ago, MVJameson said:

I was talking to a buddy last time we played a round and we were talking about side games (other than a typical I bet I can drive this further on a par 5 or closest to the flag on a par 3).  Got me thinking about fun games that might be out there that we just dont know.  There are 2 games that I have played before but would like to know if anyone else ever plays side games during a round with friends.  I will explain the 2 I know.

Left, Right, Center

Essentially the title speaks for itself.  Everyone tees off and if 3 people hit to the right, they are now on a team against the 1 that hit either center or left.  If 2 hit to right and 2 hit center then it is now a 2 v 2.  Low individual score wins the hole for their respective team.  Everyone continues to keep their own score and you just put a separate point for the members of the team that won the hole. This continues on throughout the round for every hole.  We are not that great so we play Left rough, fairway is considered center, and right rough.  You could play left 5 yards of fairway, center fairway, right 5 yards of fairway for those of you who never hit less than 300 yard straight bombs (eye roll).  The person with the most points in the end wins.

Wolf

This game is where each player takes a turn as the "Wolf."  The Wolf is the last player to tee off, every other player will follow the normal tee off practices, but the wolf can choose 1 player to partner with after the drive.  The Wolf has to chose the player after their drive (before the next person tees off).  After the Wolf select a partner after their drive then it is a 2v2 low score wins format.  Scores are kept individually and a separate point is added to the winning team.  In the end the person with the most points wins.

Of course with both games a pot can be collected before the round begins and winner take the pot.  In case of tiebreakers, we usually got to the chipping or putting green to break the tie.

Let me know what everyone else does to keep things interesting during a round.

Never played Left Right Center, but might add it to the next round. Typically play $1 skins and $5 closest to the pins on par 3's with a buddy that's close in handicap to me, so it's usually $4-5 moving either way on any given round. We played today and actually ended up dead even for the round. So we re-ran 18 for the closest to the pin to buy final drinks.

For those that are new to WOLF, there are a few additional caveats that can be played. If you don't pick a partner and go solo wolf, and you win the hole outright you get 2x or everyone else gets 1 point if any other party beats you. Also, we typically play blind wolf, if the wolf calls WOLF before anyone tees off, that's for 3x if won or 2x to everyone else if lost. 

Always love putting a little bit of pressure on the game, not enough to where anyone is hurting but more a pride bet. I swear me and my typical 4-some have been circulating the same $40 worth of bets for the past 2 years. 

Driver:    :callaway-small: Paradym Ai Smoke MAX Driver w/ fujikura ventus blue 6-series 
Fairway:   :cobra-small: King F8 3 wood  
Hybrids:   :cobra-small: King F9 3 hybrid 19.5° Atmos 7s stiff      
Irons:       :mizuno-small:Pro 243 4-PW Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120
Wedges: :Sub70: TAIII Forged Wedge Black 50°, 54°, 58°
Putter:    :Sub70: 004 Mallet w/ SuperStroke Zynergy 5.0

Ball:  Pro Plus (white & drip)

There are tons of games to be played, depending on your group size. 4 player groups, can play a game we call 6s. 2 players team up for the first 6 holes, then 2 different for the next 6, finally the last 2 that haven’t teamed up are together the last 6. We flip tees to see the initial pick, bc if you know the course, it can be a strategic choice picking your partner for a certain set of holes. 
If you have 2 groups of 4 or more, we play 1,2,3. First, establish the teams of 4. Then just like the title, first hole, you take the best score from your group. Second hole, you take the best 2 scores, third hole, the best 3 scores. Then start over on hole 4, back with using the top score. We have a group of 20-24 we play on Saturdays, & we usual play this. 

If team competition doesn’t sound like fun, you can always play the traditional “dots” or “points”. Establish what a dot/point will be worth, then keep up with your total. We play dot/quarter. Our breakdown is like this. 
Par/1, Birdie/2, eagle/5

Of course, you can add in greenies, sandies, etc, each being an additional dot/point. Pretty easy to keep up with on the card as well, as we just add the dots to each individual hole on the scorecard. 

We do play the traditional Nassau, when we have all caps similar. This classic game is fun.

In ALL games we play, every player puts $5 into a skins pot at the beginning. 

There are a lot of games to be played on the course, just all depends on what you like. 

Cally Epic Flash 3 💎 / HZRDUS 1100- 6.5/tipped 1.5”

TM M3 3wd HL/ Rogue 80x

Srixon 785/ DGTI x100s

Bridgestone Tour B/ 52°&58°- DGTI s400

Scotty TEI3 Long Neck

21 hours ago, MVJameson said:

Of course with both games a pot can be collected before the round begins and winner take the pot.  In case of tiebreakers we usually got to the chipping or putting green to break the tie.

A lot before wolf is kind of boring. Really no incentive to risk going wolf alone or penalty for choosing that route. 

We allow presses and double presses when 2down or more. Wolf alone is double. We also mix in skins and round Robin partners switching every 6 holes and it’s based on the tee off rotation on hole 1. First two vs last two, then 1&3 and finish 1&4.

it can get expensive for somebody or a couple people. We’ve have a person lose $75 dollars in a day

Bingo-Bango-Bongo

each hole has 3 points, you can play for $1 per point or whatever you want.

Bingo - first one on the green

Bango - closest to the hole

Bongo - first one in the hole

*golfing etiquette matters for this game.  So ready-golf is out the window.  That's the only downside.

Driver:  Callaway Epic Speed, 9.0, HZRDUS Smoke iM10 MID 6.0 60g shaft

3 wood:  Titleist 917F2 15* (adjusted to 16.5*)

5 wood:  Tour Model Special Edition, 21*

Irons (5-PW):  Taylormade Speedblade HL

Wedges:  Taylormade Speedblade HL AW 50*, Vokey SM6 56*10S, Excaliber Convex 60*

Putter:  Odyssey Ten tour lined two ball

Ball:  Maxfli Tour

Bag:  Ogio Grom Hybrid

Tech:  Hole19 app used with iPhone and Apple Watch series 3