TESTERS WANTED! ×

PGA Tour & PIF/LIV Golf Merger

DeBartola_B

McNealy had an interesting perspective. Yeah, there is a lot of "we don't know all the facts" going on. There are some very emotional aspects such as "where" the money is coming from. I do suppose a lot of this decision was due to the upcoming trials and potential of "information coming out that some don't want out".  Hell this reminds me of "we have to stop Communist aggression in SE Asia" and where we ended up. Hey "what about all those weapons of mass destruction" and who was really responsible for 9/11, where the money came from etc. The draw down and get out of Afghanistan quick moves recently. 

We only see such a little bit of the info "they" want us to see.  1984, Solent Green, it is just sad that that kind of political money grabbing greed and dishonesty has entered the field of golf. Sad for sure.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Here is some GOOD news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.png.c19ccd11919389eedc69744670a5d3af.png

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

IMHO.  I think this is how this goes if they follow some basic business sense.  If the goal is to get Saudis inside a tent with corporate sponsors it should go down like this.

The new entity that's the umbrella over the golf slowly phases out the tour without a proven history, large overhead, a leader prone to a lot of hyperbole, and ever changing logistics.   They fold that tour into the two with major brand recognition and history and serious corporate sponsors.  They keep what works from the fledgling tour,  Australia & SEA anyone?, no cut high payout limited field events.  Then workshop some of the stuff that's iffy, teams, shotguns starts, etc.  Finally they'll drop the stuff that doesn't -- weak fields at the bottom, 54 holes, and some other stuff.  

I think LIV's days are numbered.  It just doesn't make sense for the Saudi PIF to continue to pump money into a new product when they could see a much faster return pumping that money into a proven product with brand recognition.  

EDIT:  HA!  Post above pointing towards where I was thinking.

Edited by Syks7

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

3 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

@Clay5477  i think you are mostly correct in your post but i believe #5 is a contradiction.  When this is done PIF (not LIV) holds the purse strings and runs global golf not the PGA tour and whoever is commisioner at that point. 

A couple other thoughts that crossed my mind over the last day...

I think Jay ends up running the umbrella company at a huge increase in salary which explains him selling out his players so easily.  

Seven weeks in the making puts it before the PGA and takes the LIV victory out of the sphere of influence.  

Besides the $$ sellout of Jay i think the tour was afraid of the lawsuit discovery into their financials.  They probably would have won the lawsuit and lost a bigger battle from the disclosures.

You are 100% correct on the relationship between PIF and LIV. I was sorta using them interchangeably, but that leads to confusion. I'll go back and edit my original post.

I don't think you're correct on who "runs" global golf going into the future. My assumption, and that's all I have at this point, is that the PGA Tour has at least a 51% stake in the "Global Golf Tour." I can't see them going into this partnership on any other footing. PIF, as the "Premier Investor", has first right of refusal on any future infusions of capital.

Yeah, Jay is gonna be the Elon Musk of golf. 

On the other hand, I don't think that PGA Tour players have been sold out. I think, after the shock has worn off, they'll be better off than before. Bigger purses, more no-cut tournaments, maybe even...shorts!!

3 minutes ago, Clay5477 said:

You are 100% correct on the relationship between PIF and LIV. I was sorta using them interchangeably, but that leads to confusion. I'll go back and edit my original post.

I don't think you're correct on who "runs" global golf going into the future. My assumption, and that's all I have at this point, is that the PGA Tour has at least a 51% stake in the "Global Golf Tour." I can't see them going into this partnership on any other footing. PIF, as the "Premier Investor", has first right of refusal on any future infusions of capital.

Yeah, Jay is gonna be the Elon Musk of golf. 

On the other hand, I don't think that PGA Tour players have been sold out. I think, after the shock has worn off, they'll be better off than before. Bigger purses, more no-cut tournaments, maybe even...shorts!!

Shorts😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 hours ago, Kansas King said:

I think I'm done watching any golf that is going to be under this new PIF umbrella corporation. Maybe I'll watch the PGA Championship and US Open but not for a while. I hate that money ruined the one sport I truly love. The saddest part is I know the whole industry will capitulate to this new entity.

I share your sentiment. Money has ruined much about professional sports and it's feverishly working at doing the same at the collegiate level. The "dirty money", boycott cry we heard from so many about LIV and the players that went to LIV should be the same reason PGA Tour fans boycott this new, yet to be named, "dirty money" tour... but they won't.  Somehow people find ways to develop, rationalize, apply, and accept double standards.  

I'll still watch LPGA and Champions Tour events but my interest in PGA Tour events had already waned and this dripping with hypocrisy move by Monaham & Co. has done nothing to help.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

The Saudis won. They couldn't have bought their way directly into the PGA before LIV.

Start a rival "tour" with much higher purses, buy players from the PGA. When the PGA puts on elevated events with more marquee players and much higher purses, many sponsors say 'too rich for us' and the PGA continues to deplete their reserves (after taking a hit during Covid). Throw in some nasty lawsuits to further stress PGA reserves/income.

LIV doesn't gain much traction. The Saudis begin to wonder if they'll see the payback they are looking for. And the PGA throws some lawsuits at them too.

Even though LIV wasn't catching on (yet), PIF can see Jay's balance sheet is bleeding and some sponsors are quitting, who knows what the remaining sponsors might have been telling Jay in the background. So PIF throws some money at the PGA to "merge", balance sheet gets well, lawsuits disappear, and some palms get greased as always.

Voila. The Saudis now have a big financial and leadership stake in professional golf, just like Premier League soccer and Formula 1. They have an in to sponsors and broadcast contracts. Looks like they played their hand better than anyone else.

And it may take a decade, but they'll have a stake in American professional football, basketball or baseball some day...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Greed for lack of a better word is good.  Greed is right.  Greed works.  Greed clairifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.  Greed in all its forms, greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind.  And greed, you mark my words, will not only save LIV, but also that other manufacturing corporation called Saudi Arabia.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

So I wonder!!  Saudi's cut back on production of oil and gas prices here have gone up a bit again lately.  I wonder if that means course rates will soon be increasing?🤑

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

I’ll probably watch the Majors, and maybe Hilton Head, but that’s about it. I was supposed to go to Greensboro this year, but will now stay home.  Might watch a bit more LPGA. I know the Tour really doesn’t care if I watch or not, but I’ll feel better not supporting the Saudis.

Problem being the extremely wealthy are not nice people and only SEE me me me me me, I just hope a few more PENNIES fall off the table 🥵

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Heard there is already a movement by congress to repeal the PGA’s “non-profit” status.

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/golf/2023/pga-tour-tax-exempt-status-congress-bill-1234725406/

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

On 6/6/2023 at 9:37 AM, PeterHenric said:

So my assumption is that this will be a different league that is obviously separate from the PGA TOUR and their nonprofit status.

I would bet that the PGA and Liv did not want their dirty laundry aired in these lawsuits so it benefited both of them to settle this and move forward

Subsidiaries of for profit or non-profit corporations can be non-profit or for profit entities. Money can be funneled to charities, but the veil is off of the actual nature of the entity is a for profit corporation with a foreign owner with ties to Saudi Arabia 

Titleist TSR 11 degree, HZRDS Red R 44.75 LH

Titleist TSR-1 5/7 Woods LH

Titleist TSR-1 23 Hybrid LH

Titleist T200  7-48 - T350 6 Tensai AMT Red LH

Titleist SM9 50-54-58 TT AMT Red LH

Scotty Phantom X 7.5 RH

While this may settle some legal issues, there may be plenty more "disruptions and distractions" to come. 

• There's already a significant group of people asking anti-trust questions. Wouldn't that be ironic.
  • Will players take collective action? Alone they can't do anything, but collectively they could exert pressure. I suspect money will prevail and they won't do anything, making them complicit.
  • Will all the existing sponsors be good with this merger? I wouldn't think so, but we will see.
  • Will all the LIV players have the good sense to refrain from gloating. Of course Phil has started immediately...

I know my respect for the PGA may never be the same. I will still watch majors on TV, or attend in person - but I can't imagine buying a ticket to see a PGA event in person anytime soon.

What's the saying, only money, greed and time are undefeated...

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

Interesting people keep talking about a merger, from what I’ve seen from nlu and others on social media none of the tours are merging with the other. They are forming a partnership. 

Still a lot to see what that all means and how/what each tour structures their tournament play going forward.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

7 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Interesting people keep talking about a merger, from what I’ve seen from nlu and others on social media none of the tours are merging with the other. They are forming a partnership. 

Still a lot to see what that all means and how/what each tour structures their tournament play going forward.

That’s a point that people keep missing. There is a merge with PIF but not with LIV. And the merger is only to create a new business entity that sounds like it will fund both the PGAT and DPWT. I’m real interested to see whether PIF continues to fund LIV after 2023. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

19 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They are merging commercial operations. So it looks like television negotiations, sponsor negotiations, media rights, etc. will be handled at the parent company.

1 hour ago, Preeway said:

That’s a point that people keep missing. There is a merge with PIF but not with LIV. And the merger is only to create a new business entity that sounds like it will fund both the PGAT and DPWT. I’m real interested to see whether PIF continues to fund LIV after 2023. 

Yup. Not much different than other business groups that combine forces for a larger company while still doing their own things 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

16 hours ago, MadMex said:

Heard there is already a movement by congress to repeal the PGA’s “non-profit” status.

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/golf/2023/pga-tour-tax-exempt-status-congress-bill-1234725406/

... I contribute to my favorite charity Feeding America because "98% of contributions go directly to programs serving people facing hunger. Caring donor support helps the Feeding America network achieve meaningful impact". Compare that to 3-16% of the PGA "charity" going to wherever cause they are using as a front for their fake 501C status. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I'd assume that lots of "charities" don't contribute as much of their income as you would hope/expect. I always wondered how much of the foundations/charities established by former/current professional players aren't just a way for them to keep more of their money as opposed to doing as much good as they could.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to PGA Tour & PIF/LIV Golf Merger
9 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

I'd assume that lots of "charities" don't contribute as much of their income as you would hope/expect. I always wondered how much of the foundations/charities established by former/current professional players aren't just a way for them to keep more of their money as opposed to doing as much good as they could.

... This is 2023 and 99% of everything is available on the internet. There are too many Charity rating organizations to list but it is easy enough to look up what the organization you are contributing to does with contributions. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I didn’t know…hopefully this is exposed while the “NewCo partnership” goes through the courts. They might come to regret bringing so much attention on themselves…

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2021/12/22/lets_stop_pretending_that_the_pga_tour_is_a_charity_808930.html#!

“The Tour only made direct charitable contributions of $42.7 million in 2018, which is a paltry 3% of their $1.47 billion in revenue. While the Tour publicly takes credit for $190 million in charity, that inflated number reflects the total given by the tour and the local non-profits that put on the tournaments. 

A 2013 ESPN investigation into the Tour’s charitable giving and tax-exempt status found that the local non-profits charged by the Tour to do the actual fundraising weren’t living up to their missions either. It found that those local organizations typically gave an average of 16% of their tournament revenues to local charities, with the rest going to prizes and promotional costs. ESPN even found that the Thunderbirds paid over $650,000 of the money raised back to Waste Management – the tournament sponsor – for trash removal at the event.

None of this is meant to diminish the significance of the charitable work that the PGA Tour actually supports. 

Instead, the PGA Tour has been spending the lion’s share of its money on things like lobbying, executive compensation, administrative costs and promotion of the PGA Tour and its events between 2014 and 2018, according to a review of the most recent, publicly available tax filings by the organization.”

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

Not every 501c is a charity. There are many types of non-profits out there. 501c3 non-profits are more known for their charity status. I was president of my union and we were a 501c4. We don't contribute anything to charities but our status as a non-profit is based on our revenue stream and not selling products. I believe the PGAT is a 501c6 but I don't know much about that specific designation.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

11 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Not every 501c is a charity. There are many types of non-profits out there. 501c3 non-profits are more known for their charity status. I was president of my union and we were a 501c4. We don't contribute anything to charities but our status as a non-profit is based on our revenue stream and not selling products. I believe the PGAT is a 501c6 but I don't know much about that specific designation.

The PGA goes to great lengths to promote their charitable giving. Their statement below doesn’t sound at all like an organization with charitable contributions ranging from 3-16% to me.
 https://www.pgatour.com/impact

“OUR IMPACT TRAVELS FAR BEYOND THE BALL

Through the world of golf, the PGA TOUR drives positive impact at unprecedented levels to support and improve local communities.

Each PGA TOUR tournament is an opportunity to give back to your community in one of three ways – attending an event, volunteering, or donating money. Not-for-profit tournaments under the PGA TOUR umbrella donate their net proceeds to support local organizations, totaling more than $3.64 billion in donations to date. These tournaments wouldn’t be possible without the 100,000 volunteers annually who commit their time to ensure each event is a success.

By supporting a PGA TOUR event, you make an impact on countless philanthropic organizations in your community.”

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

Reviewed some things and building/speculating about things that might work.

1. PGA Tour remains as is with it's list of tournaments but NO designated events. Prize money provided by PIF to be enormous on an equal basis. Sponsors now responsible for charity only. 72 holes, CUTS, Fedex cup. 

2. Appearance money to be given to those players deemed worthy of such except for LIV players for the length of whatever contract time they signed up for. The appearance money to be provided by PIF as a standard amount to each tournament for them to use as they see fit. After LIV contracts up, fair game for everyone. This would make guys like Matsuyama whole and reward staying with the tour. 

3. After the PGA Tour season and Ryder/Presidents cup, ie, the silly season, a bonus season for the top 20 willing to play. 3-6 big money events. 2-3 day events so they aren't taxing. 4 man teams drafted by each of the top 20, different formats. An event with say 2 man alternate shot with the best score on each hole being the best ball of the 2 teams, another straight up 4 man best ball event, another 4 man scramble (imagine the scores 4 pros could manage in a scramble). All events to played as a foursome playing with your teammates. Maybe a Stableford scoring event. Stuff like that. Fun stuff with walk up music and general rowdiness. Could do things like pull someone out of the crowd at each green and have a chip off against a pro with instant prize money. Let's say when you walk in to the tournament you tell them what hole you are going to be by and you get a lottery ticket that each group can pick numbers out of a bowl and call out a number for the person to try the chip. Money for getting it on the green, even more money if closer than the pro. Fun times. There must be lots of marketing ideas out there to make the tournaments fun for everyone. Could televise the better or most interesting shots by the person picked. 

4. The proposed tournaments in the fall for the golfers from DP World Tour, Korn Ferry Tour, 71-150 from the Pro Tour (assuming the cut for definitive safe to next year is the top 70 and ties), etc, to see who fits in where for the next year, could also be played during the same time period as now.

Thoughts?

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

The PGA has to roll back more than the ball imo, I would look at every hyperbolic decision made the last 3+ years and reconsider, with voice from the players this time, the length of schedule and required commitment to the Tour season, the payouts from tourneys and PIP, etc. I think they went superschedule as a compensation for LIV. In a co-existence world there should be a bigger offseason with a chance for voluntary opportunities to do fun team events under LIV.

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•